99 Cents

Here's where I put stuff that I built for free, with stuff I got for free...mostly. I did buy the Woody pack for a penny shy buck, but it was more like a gratuity for Gaijin letting me play for free, because they said the game was free to play, so I'm going to play for free...mostly.

Obviously that's not a lot of cash, and there's nearly nothing beyond a candy bar you can buy with that these days, but the developers at Crossout boast a considerably larger offering than most places, don't they? How Big? Well, I'm going to find out by grinding it out, and this is where I start...

Genisis.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 4

Thanks to the developers, the community was able to put together a nice collection of promotional codes on the forum, and a lot of them worked for me still. It was nice to have a little glamour to add to these very dry beginner crafts. Thanks.

Page-001.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 2

I like the lagoon paint. I like this car. It's fun, it's fast, and it's fatal...and it was free.

Page-002.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 2

Way meaner than it looks.

Page-003.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 3

I wanted something fun to run raids with, and this was it...also free.

Page-004.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 3

Great work and all but... 99 Cents? How about 25 cents to witness perfection?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The prophet has spoken. Yes, I would like a Jawbreaker please.

For now this is what I've got...

Page-5.jpg

I reached level 12 and opened up more free stuff, like the buildable range. I'm pretty happy with the free goods I got that came with it. I like my little trailer out in the big nowhere. Thanks, devs.

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

...and this one fixes my thread and brings it up to date. I'll continue to post my free to grind builds here (if they let me). I'm enjoying the game so far...but not these cannons so much. The boss said I had to run cannons today, so that's what happened...but it's still free. I'm looking forward to getting some new wheels and gearing up to meet the competition who are now sporting devastating auto-cannons. I need to catch up a little.

Page-6.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 3

I think I've decided to go about this whole thing differently, so that'll be all. G'bye.

EDIT: So, I just edited it all and started a different art project with some of it. The thread's maybe a little dryer for it, but I like my side project. This game has a lot to appreciate, a ton of features, and I'm getting more than a game out of it...and for less than a dollar too.

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, afghanaryan said:

Why?

well, uh...I just decided to sort the project better. I'm going to try and re-boot it, but I'm going to keep the profile aspect in my profile. The idea morphed and expanded into a more elaborate concept.

I suppose I started looking at Crossout more like a hobby than a game, and now I'm crafting more than cars out of it...but I'm still going to do that too. I just need to sort it out. It'll be fixed in a moment...it is fixed...mostly. Pretty much. Done.

Time to actually play the game, and go earn some more stuff.

Edited by RexLincoln
9 hours ago, RexLincoln said:

Time to actually play the game, and go earn some more stuff.

Just make sure to not spent more on blueprint expansions than actual hardware until you are farther into the game... learnt that the hard way (got more slots than guns to fill them up with different builds).

You can also use your exibition as a secondary garage if you always keep a BP slit open to load stuff from time to time.

• Thanks 1

It was a rough weekend. I tried to upgrade my Blue Lagoon outfit, but I made it worse. I got trolled a lot, mostly after I put the new blue wheels on. I'll probably need the Sledgehammers to go with them. It'll have to wait, I guess. So, I updated my Starter truck instead. It still worked, even unto MVP, multiple times, so that was good...I'm really starting to like that thing.

PVP wasn't that nice to me (cannons...NOoo), so I spent a lot of time on the Range. I moved the trailer to a more secluded spot and built a bomb-shelter with more of the free stuff they keep giving me to fill up the range with. I've got it set up to optimize screen-shots, and I figure that's what the blocks and platforms are about (runways for models). I've used some proximity exploits I like better though. By arranging the objects in a certain way I can force the camera into better angles and closer ranges. I like the exploit better than the platforms (generally). I like having the options.They made a beautiful game, and I like the things I can capture and create...I like the game.

On a different note; the blocks are ugly and could use some texture-paints. It would be nice if you could make them look like shacks (if they had a rusty "tin-roof" texture-paint), otherwise they're just ugly, I thought....until I built a bomb-shelter. I liked it enough to build a smaller one too, but I need another burning-barrel for it. They are fun to jump off of while I wait in the queue (watch that snag), they make good mounts to take screenshots from, and I think the bomb-shelter thing works for me. I like it.

So, even though PVP knocked me around hard, I still had fun, and crafted a cool personalized environment with some cool free stuff. Thanks, Devs.

Rex-007.jpg

Rex-008.jpg

*Exploiting the camera to get a shot from inside the bunker...

Rex-009.jpg

This stuff will give me good material for my side-project, and it gives me another layer to enjoy the game with...Thanks again, Devs.

• Upvote 2

I really like this truck for some dumb reason (it wins?).  It actually handles pretty great, and I've been learning to use the hand-brake U-turn with it, which it does good. I might be addicted to that technique. At first I thought having all steering wheels would be advantageous, but I'm getting the upper hand a bit with the hand-brake thing, that couldn't be done without the standard wheels. This silly truck handles that job, and it's surprisingly fast too. it's a blast. I'd like to hang on to it. It has evolved a little, but only the starter wheels work for it. It's up to 53 parts (I think I have a 55 part max).

I want to buy some fender extensions for it (the thin black ones), but they don't sell them. Maybe it would just be too much cool to pack into this junk-yard dog. It might be an overload. I'd still like to try.

Page-005.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, RexLincoln said:

Cool truck.

Even if I'm WAY past into engineers lvl. 30, I do enjoy some low PS gameplay from time to time:

rHDsHmN.jpg hjy1o7j.png If you remove all its aesthetics and change some structural parts and/or wheels, it can fall into he 1k PS bracket.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
On 11/18/2020 at 5:19 AM, lucashc90 said:

If you remove all its aesthetics

Actually, I've been wanting those fender extensions, but I can't seem to buy them from the market, or I would be grinding for a set.

I should be grinding for guns, anyway. I think all my peers did. I spent my efforts getting wheels first. It was probably a mistake. Now I have to play ketchup, but I have more responsive wheels, so maybe I'll get there faster?  :) IDK. When I do get there it'll be a smash, though.

I haven't built anything with those wheels that I'm happy with yet. Like I said, I think I dropped the ball. Now I'm just going to  ride it out with the Nomads until I accumulate all of their blue gear, and then switch to the Lunatics and have fun for a while before going over to the Scavengers and tackling that whole cannon thing. That's going to take some discipline I think. I can get the shot guns to work and I'm looking forward to the Lunatics, but man, cannons.

I have to try the Balloon tires. I have a sort of tank-punk vision I could work out with those, maybe. More wheels sounds like a trap...I'm in.

Edit: The Black and blue truck inspired me to build something with those wheels. I need to do cannons, and this got me through the first round of challenges. I've got 3 more to do, but I'll have to hit it later. This worked, though. I built it with the mind to get a turret for it eventually, but the shot gun worked great for de-gunning people who rushed up on me. I didn't get MVP ever, but a lot of the opposition hobbled around with no wheels or guns because of this set up, our team won, and I survived and got my fuel bonus.

Also, I fixed my number. It works better now.

Page-006.jpg

Edit:I painted it Blue Sky, took it out to do a round of the daily raids challenge with it, and it was a blast. I thought it would be really awkward, but the combination of cannon, shotgun, and melee really worked in there. It probably helped that it pared well with the other guy, who was running a pair of Vectors and a Borer. One-shotting all those bad guys was gluttonous, but fun. It was nice having the shotgun for the super-villain's drone thing it had going on, too. I'll have fun running the rest of these dailies later. I can use the practice with the cannons.

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 1

This morning's favorite is the Docker. I forced myself to build something with it, and it turned out to be pretty fun.

I'm almost ready to move on to the Lunatics, but I still want to pick up a Wyvern and a Falcon while I'm with the Nomads.

I'd like to be able to build the faction cars that are appropriate to my level, but I can't  buy the decor because it isn't being sold. I think it would help me know if I'm keeping up with the pace of this game if I tried.

I would also like to run and experiment with the random car generator. I would like to see if I can get it to operate better by supplying it with a variety of parts to choose from. I would also like to see if it can be manipulated  by the type of parts it has to choose from. It seems to like some parts better than others. It's an interesting feature, and I would like to have a variety of parts to choose from myself, for my own creations, so I might have yet another side project going. I don't know what makes the feature tick, and I'm curious.

Page-007.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally got all my blue goods from the Nomads, and topped my level off at 7. I got some fresh parts and I'm moving on to the Lunatics. I'm ready for better shotguns, and I'm ready to build something fast.

Page-008.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been in a slump, and I dumped all my builds but this one. Getting past this hump of not having the right guns but having the right wheels has been tough. I haven't had anything worth posting in a while. A lot of failure and a lot of rebuilding is all that has been happening. The garage is bare.

I have earned a lot of free stuff for the range, and I'm finally starting to get a better variety of parts to build with. I hadn't come around in a while because it's been rough and not a lot of joy, but today the struggle seems to have paid off.

First game of the day, and I was like a fox in a hen house. Boy, it was a lot different from the last time I played. I wouldn't expect these kinds of results all the time, but it was fun, and I could use a better kill ratio than what I was seeing...this is over the top though, but I don't feel too bad about it, and I'm ready to go try it again. I had to come post it, though (since I'm recording this experience).

Page-009.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 2

Not every match went as well, of course, but it's going well over all, and I did reap 5 kills in one match earlier today, not much longer after that last post..

Also, I'm having better luck with the Random Generator. I mentioned before that I was trying to gather a well rounded supply of parts so as to assist, or possibly manipulate, the random build generator. It is still a little off, but with a little help, the last build it spit out for me was pretty cool. I switched a few things around and it was a lot better, but it still didn't work in pvp as well as the one I built up there. Still, it gave me an improved starting point creatively, and it didn't do bad in pvp. I should have took a screen shot, but I want to tinker with it some more.  I feel like if I feed it right, it might behave better. It's a little quirky about requests, but I might at some point be able to exploit quirks like that to my advantage, once I figure out what it likes to do. I might tinker with that feature tonight. Maybe I can get it to dance a little.

• Upvote 1

Hey, somebody put some update on my starter wheels! Beauty. Thanks, Wasteland Overlords.  I like it. They take paint now too! That's a big improvement. They look much better.

Rex-011.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 2

GPU fail, ugh. Broken AMD update. I should know better. Now I do.

It's coming along, but now I'm hooked on renovating my file structure. It looks good though. After I'm done, I hope to be in better shape for shop.

All new for chapter two; the games running good and I hope to get some raids in or something. I hear rumors of updates...It'll be a really "New" year, That's for sure.

It has been 3+ years since I started the game.  Much has changed.  The extra build parts was always good at the low level stage.  If it has not changed, you should  have 3 different factions after level 10.  If you have not done it already.  Change to the next faction to unlock some build parts and then change to the last faction to unlock more build parts.

Movement parts as the first set of blues maybe not the best idea.  A set of 4 or 6 medium wheels do go a long way.  I still use them on some builds.

I would try to win the weekly crate and open to use those un-trade-able parts too.

I would also build a stronger build to start to play normal raid and try to play hard asap.  You will need a set of 3 to 4 blue weapon to able pull you own weight on hard raids. I would say cannon build are not the best to do hard raids.

Of course it does not matter if you are looking at art builds.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ChopChopChop said:

I would also build a stronger build

If I have the parts I will. Right now, my shotgun build is pretty competitive where I'm at. 6 kills is plenty strong, I think. Wasn't a fluke either. I got 5 not long after that and then I just started playing with my food. The extra kills don't seem that relevant. Two points of scrap? Meh. Maybe I need more bling?

I'm currently trying to gather some mini-guns for raids. I've only got 2 vectors presently, and that only happened yesterday. Until then I had to use my shotguns for raids. I've barely got the equipment for easy raids right now, but I'll get there (less than 500 battles, Chop). I just got the Growl not long ago, and I still don't have a Generator to push that up to 12 points. I've got wheels...and what's with the shade towards "art-builds?" It is a video game. If I just wanted to win, I'd play Spades...or shotguns, apparently. Those seem to work pretty good, don't they?

I'll look at your advice, cruise over to the Scavengers and grab some parts, and work on that Hard Raider. That sounds like a strong goal. I like it. It's ambitious.

• Upvote 1
On 12/8/2020 at 10:08 AM, RexLincoln said:

If I have the parts I will. Right now, my shotgun build is pretty competitive where I'm at. 6 kills is plenty strong, I think. Wasn't a fluke either. I got 5 not long after that and then I just started playing with my food. The extra kills don't seem that relevant. Two points of scrap? Meh. Maybe I need more bling?

I'm currently trying to gather some mini-guns for raids. I've only got 2 vectors presently, and that only happened yesterday. Until then I had to use my shotguns for raids. I've barely got the equipment for easy raids right now, but I'll get there (less than 500 battles, Chop). I just got the Growl not long ago, and I still don't have a Generator to push that up to 12 points. I've got wheels...and what's with the shade towards "art-builds?" It is a video game. If I just wanted to win, I'd play Spades...or shotguns, apparently. Those seem to work pretty good, don't they?

I'll look at your advice, cruise over to the Scavengers and grab some parts, and work on that Hard Raider. That sounds like a strong goal. I like it. It's ambitious.

Ok....you should know by now the rewards on winning and losing are NOT that much different, as long as you score 40 points.  Putting a fuel tank on PVP(only PVP) battle will also gain you 5 fuels if you can survive to the end of battle on the winning side with 40 points.   

Always use you daily free fuels to do raids.  Funny "vectors" are the best MG to do raids for now.  3X or 4X can put you all the way to hard raids.  Mini-guns? you still will need a set of 3 to be effective.

Don't over look the important of the common items.  All raids and daily missions can be done with the 3 basic white weapons. I would keep a set of each for raids.  The game is balance on Speed, weapon, equipment and HP of a build. NOT weapons alone.  If you have a shotgun build for raids, the same build should be good to mount MG with very little change to do raids too.

When you have the 3rd "vectors" should us the build, surely number of players will help you to improve it . if it needed to.

You can always add me in game and I can go in to raids with you, if you do see me in game.  I am not too sure about PvP as there was some changes lest year to group newer players with newer players.

On PvP side for now.  You should watch your PS.  Most mistake from new players are when they unlock parts, they mount too much on a build and in turn raise the PS too high.  Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Easy Raids; They're different now. More difficult. Less rewarding.

I built an Ex Machina Tribute Build; something I thought had the same vibe as the classic (I'll post it later) and although it wasn't as brutal as my regular shot-gun build it was supposed to allow me to switch back and forth from vectors  for raids, to shot-guns for pvp. At first that worked, but easy raids are different now.

Flamethrowers and saws, with boosters behind it is pretty devastating. That's what the heavies are carrying in easy raids now. The main Boss is the same as far as I can tell, but there are these new guys with flamethrowers, saws, and boosters now that wreck it pretty good. I'm using repair kits and earning a lot less copper now. It doesn't seem worth it. I think I'll just skip raids for now, and just buy copper with my gas money. I'll be needing that 3rd vector for easy raids if I want to be able to make it worth the gas, I think.

I like my Ex Machina Tribute. If I had more parts I could probably do something more authentic, but I like it. It doesn't do bad in pvp. It's gotten MVP on multiple occasions, but it doesn't rage-kill like that Growl/Shotgun build does, and it needs help to make raids work. I used the badge exchange to get me a "Flayer." and while I like it's looks, it didn't turn out to be as durable as I had hoped, nor does it do much damage as a melee weapon. It sort of sucks and is a disappointment. I was trying to save my badges for a set of those Dawn's Children fenders next time they come around, but I thought this grill might be worth picking up. Oops...back to the drawing board.

Edited by RexLincoln