99 Cents

What you will find the game will change from patch to patch.  Raids may stay unchanged for a little while but, the balance and rebalance will continue.  All raids rotate every hour on the hour.  Some faction bots are harder then others.  On low PS levels, speed of your build is the key.  Never let yourself to be a target of a group of bots.  Watch and learn how good players deal against them bots.  Help team mate vs melee.  I would stay and only use the free repair on each raid for now.  If you lost before the raid finish, you should watch how others deal against bots.  You will get the rewards after.   You should still use your daily free fuels for raids.  You should aim for the weekly 42 missions for a crate.  This crate you can sell for 30+ coins. Or open it for an item, most likely to be blue. I would do 1 reroll only not to spend too much your own resource for it.  I had number of times gain 200 coins on them too.  If you are lucky there are some purple item.  

Your badge are better save for higher value resources or crate.  The crate usually worth 300+ coins and you could use the coins for better movement parts or weapons.   Them build parts can be unlock for free later.  

9 hours ago, ChopChopChop said:

you should watch how others deal against bots

They all died too. I think it was a glitch. The minor-bosses were considerably worse than the main one and drastically overpowered everybody repeatedly with the flame-thrower and saws. His boosters allowed him to rush back and forth destroying everybody one at a time. I thought I accidentally clicked on medium raids the first time it happened. The second match went the same way.

The easy raids I just finished were what I'm used to...other than me being the only one there half way through. What I've noticed is that the other players aren't very helpful sometimes, and often aren't very alert either. Typically, I can come out in first place in easy raids because most people don't try very hard. What was happening earlier was very different. It wasn't right, and I think they fixed it, but I guess I really wont know until I get that map again.

I also got a pvp match (domination) just an hour ago were we captured two of the three  bases but the game still went on for at least another minute. It was weird.

I'm not seeing patch notes or actual patches as they go through, but things seem different. earlier my guns were coming off really easy, and now that's not happening. I'm glad for that.

1 hour ago, RexLincoln said:

I also got a pvp match (domination) just an hour ago were we captured two of the three  bases but the game still went on for at least another minute. It was weird.

I'm not seeing patch notes or actual patches as they go through, but things seem different. earlier my guns were coming off really easy, and now that's not happening. I'm glad for that.

This sound as a bug.  you should have taken a screenshot then report it with game logs.

The only thing I can think of is that there maybe a base was not totally captured and combat still happening with both sides having a player inside the cap.

1 hour ago, RexLincoln said:

They all died too. I think it was a glitch. The minor-bosses were considerably worse than the main one and drastically overpowered everybody repeatedly with the flame-thrower and saws. His boosters allowed him to rush back and forth destroying everybody one at a time. I thought I accidentally clicked on medium raids the first time it happened. The second match went the same way.

The easy raids I just finished were what I'm used to...other than me being the only one there half way through. What I've noticed is that the other players aren't very helpful sometimes, and often aren't very alert either. Typically, I can come out in first place in easy raids because most people don't try very hard. What was happening earlier was very different. It wasn't right, and I think they fixed it, but I guess I really wont know until I get that map again.

The flame-thrower sounds like a bot from "firestarter" faction. I do think they have one of the harder bots.  If you want to play again them, you should try to attack them from a range.  Keep moving away from them and shooting at the same time.  The best still, is not to pick "firestarter" raids for now.  You should learn to use the maps for your advantage, use cover spots from maps.  There could be some players are very new in the game/raid, but you should be able to meet some good ones from time to time.

There are many players only wanted to used up their free fuel.  Some do not put effect into playing them.  There is nothing we can really do about this.  If you can find a team mate or 2, you have a better chance in raids.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ChopChopChop said:

The flame-thrower sounds like a bot from "firestarter" faction. I do think they have one of the harder bots.  If you want to play again them, you should try to attack them from a range.  Keep moving away from them and shooting at the same time.  The best still, is not to pick "firestarter" raids for now.  You should learn to use the maps for your advantage, use cover spots from maps.  There could be some players are very new in the game/raid, but you should be able to meet some good ones from time to time.

They changed the lunatic bots recently, and they have flamethrowers now

51 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

They changed the lunatic bots recently, and they have flamethrowers now

Again they deal more damage if they get too close.  With MG, you can aim just above the bot which usually will strip their most powerful gun fast.  An other way is to strip one side of the bot's wheels and not to let them come close.  You can always go back to them later or leave them to team mates.  You also want to learn which bot are the greater threat and deal with those asap.   :002j:

PS....Sorry I am thinking you were OP...the reply is more for OP.:002j:

Edited by ChopChopChop
  • Upvote 1

845091814_screenshot-201210-215011(68-14

5 hours ago, ChopChopChop said:

you should have taken a screenshot then report it with game logs.

I took two. It took me a moment to notice it was happening...after I died I looked at the indicator and noticed it. If it happens again I might report it, but I think they are changing stuff around in the background and I bet they aren't done tinkering yet.

I don't think I'm doing too bad at this game. In fact, as with the score card on this screenshot, I am often at the top of the roster when it's all said and done, and I'm doing it with one lupra and a sledghammer while encountering enemies way better armed, like with flamethrowers. I just won't take on flame throwers for 17 points in copper. I want that 3rd Vector.

I did just come through something of a slump though, and I suppose that could happen again. Level 30 is coming, and this game is understood to be much worse after that.

Here's my Ex Machina tribute. It will probably be stronger with the vector rework when it comes...maybe, but it has pulled multiple MVPs. It's just not as brutal as my Growl build, but Ex Machina deserves a tribute, and I'm happy to raise my glass as high as I can for that. It's not iconic, but I thought it was in that style.

Happy Anniversary.

Page-010.jpg

I did take that advice and jumped over to the Scavengers to pick up some more parts. I think I'm level 3 at this point. I'm trying to collect all the blue engineer parts as well as the Scavenger Blues too. Then I'll start doubling up on things...or sooner if I like the parts (like those 3 vectors). I like messing with the Auto assembler and It's starting to show better results. Even if the experiment doesn't work, I'll still have better parts for manual assembly, so the project seems worth it.

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 2

Good...keep it up...:012j:

This help to show to pay real money to XO is an option, NOT a must. Thank you.:002:

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ChopChopChop said:

This help to show to pay real money to XO is an option, NOT a must. Thank you.

Well, you're very welcome. I'm having a pretty good time with it, and I do hope that I can showcase the developers generosity and honesty with this project at some point. After level 30 I expect the results to be clearer.

Regardless, I've gotten a lot for just 99 cents, and it's been a blast. Back in the day, I could have dropped $5.00 in quarters on a pinball machine in just an hour or two. Those were much bigger dollars back in 1977 too. This here is a bargain, to say the least.

I'm not against dumping more money their way, but I'd like to do it with a different account and keep this one as a testament to the developer's commitment to free to play players, their generosity towards the public, and I think it displays their love of the craft to boast this much content without getting paid for it. It's the hallmark of an artist to suffer solely for their creation, and not for laurels or gold.

...and by the way, my auto-assembly project popped out a  winner just now. First try, too. I thought I should show it off. It's a really cool feature, I think, and this one I like. It's only using 6 out of its 11 Energy points, so that gives me a little room to make it my own, but I'm going to take it out raw first to see how it does, then I'll adjust it. I like it, and I was surprised and encouraged by the result. I'll be doing more experimenting with this feature in the future, for sure.

I removed the paint, because it was ugly, but other than that I didn't change anything...yet. I think it's a good starting point, and it's nice to have a feature like this to inspire my own creativity and ideas. I think if I feed it right, I can get some more cool things out of it. It does seem to like having a well rounded diet. Previous attempts had some goofy results, for sure, but this build shows I've begun to tap into its abilities. There's some cool stuff in this feature, I think, and I'm going to dig it out.

Auto-Bot-001.jpg

UPDATE: It didn't do very well, but the next one sure did. It's posted below.

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 2

Ha-ha! I got MVP with a modified auto-assembly build. Four kills in pvp is a good run in my world.

I went through about four or five builds with the AA before this one caught my eye. I probably should have tried it raw first, but I put it on the lift immediately and added a little armor, and refit the guns. It worked right away. I like this feature. It's keeping me well entertained, and the progress I've made with it feels satisfying.

I will be feeding this clever Russian robot more often.

Auto-Bot-002.jpg

Page-011.jpg

...I updated my logo too. I'm still evolving my format, and I like playing with graphics.

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 1

It looks like I'm locked out of the new Veteran's Exclusive Christmas Event. I will have to level up so I can have a higher part number allowance, and then I'll need to manufacture something that will help get this garbage heap up to PS 5000, and I don't even know what that would be. I'm nearly a thousand points short even after stacking heaps of gratuitous junk on this thing. I took it out on regular scrap missions and it did OK, but I still can't get it into the Christmas brawl because I don't have the parts or the part limit to get there. The last event was the same way.

What am I supposed to use those Crackers for anyway? The items on the event bench are light-years out of my reach and I need several of them to use it, plus Crackers. I'm not going to fuse any of that stuff. I can't imagine how long I would have to grind to earn the parts I need to use that bench even once. Just grinding the parts to build the parts I need several of would take me months if not longer. I'm lost. WTF?

Merry Christmas?

Thanks for the updated graphics on the starter, small, and medium wheels, Devs. Those look great, and the snow is cool, but Veteran Exclusive Christmas event sux.

screenshot-201215-105810-28-4-42.jpg

• Upvote 1

You should able to play as long as you have a 5k to 10K build.  I had a 9K+ build and was at level 39. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 5:54 AM, ChopChopChop said:

as long as you have a 5k to 10K build.

I just couldn't build anything that big. I tried, but the part limit kept me from it. I doubt I would have survived long with a build put together like that. It was disappointing, and so I took a break.

I guess I missed a free day of premium. That was unfortunate. I should have been paying attention, but I was actually trying to ignore it.

However, I got up early this morning and logged on, and I had a surprise under the tree; FREE CHOICE OF CKs!...and a pretty sweet ones two. It was hard to decide which one to pick, because they all looked great, but I have none of the stuff they go on, and I don't even know what some of those things are.

I went for the Phoenix. I think it looks incredible...and it was free! I can't wait to try it out, but it might be a while. I still need to complete the Engineer Blues list, and I ground out another Sledgehammer this morning, so now I have two. Those things should help me make the long haul towards that Phoenix auto-cannon.

So now I have a mission, and a goal...and I can't remember feeling disappointed anymore.

Also, I see they added some things to that event work bench that are more attainable. I'm not sure that gingerbread cookie paint thing is my speed, but maybe I'll give it a shot anyway. I like to try things that don't always suit my particular style. That's how I find new things I like, that I didn't even know I liked. My opinion isn't always right, so I don't really trust it.

Well, I'm feeling the holiday groove now, so I'm going to go grind some goods (and some cookie paint?) out of the enemy and see if I can't craft some of what I need for that Phoenix...man that thing is cool.

Thanks Developers, and Happy Holidays to you guys too, wherever you are.

Page-012.jpg

It's a sweet deal for 99 cents.

• Upvote 1

One of those days.

Page-013.jpg

Edited by RexLincoln
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately, the Gingerbread Man had a tragic accident and passed away this afternoon. He will be missed.

Rex-013.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Well, that's all folks. Level 30, party over, oops, out of time. The game changes a lot after that. Hovers, guided missiles, and laser guns, all come into play after level 30. They seemed to have been hedged off by an invisible wall. I liked the game better without all that stuff, but OK. So, it's time to either pay some money to get in on the action, or move forward into a certainly miserable grind, uphill, in the acid rain, surrounded by drones, and lasers, and flame throwers, etc.

It was worth the 99 cents, for sure. Thanks, Devs.

Rex-lvl30.jpg

for me, being the creator I fancy myself, supporting the dev's of a game is something I TRY to do as much as I can. No, I can't pony up the monies as often as I would like but, when I can, I gotta show the support in anyway I can. Specially when it comes to making the Misadventures In the Wasteland comic, to make it look as good as I can, that means buying assets to do it, even if it is just Fan Art. Getting back to the game, it may not seem like it, but spending just .99 cents goes a long way. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 9:35 PM, Smels_like_Brown said:

supporting the dev's of a game is something I TRY to do as much as I can.

If it wasn't against the rules, I might have an alternate account that I spent money on, mostly the battle passes, which are pretty great, but also a few packs here and there depending on the sales. I do believe in supporting the game developers, and I think that's the right thing to do. However, this account is intended to explore the extent that this game is indeed free to play. A lot of games make that claim, but it's not really true. I think where this game is concerned, they are pretty fair to that commitment. I've fired this account back up over the last couple weeks, and it's been mostly fun and still mostly free (99 cents). So, I salute the developers here for doing what Disney could not (Star Wars sucks), and that is making a truly free2play game that also offers smashing premium content that doesn't skew the fairness or fun for wallet warriors vs free2players.

I realize updates and events often rock this principal pretty hard, but since the last update, I've been enjoying my 99 cent account, and I'm almost ready to start Volume two, of my own "Adventures in the Salvage Wasteland."

My current project is creating faction builds that kill. Once I've got a collection of the basic faction builds (that kill), I'll start a new thread and post them there. I like what I've got so far (Engineer and Lunatic builds), and they are doing well in PVP while staying true to their faction. I've tried to stick to the principal the developers used in their faction builds, in that the Lunatic, Scavenger, and Nomad faction builds also use Engineer parts along with their faction exclusive parts. My Lunatic build uses Lunatic parts and Engineers parts. My Engineer build, however, only uses Engineer parts.

I really like this account, and I've found it too hard to abandon, although I've found it necessary to take a break or two from it.

Next Up: "Faction Action"...So, stay tuned, and I hope to see some of the public's own faction builds in my next thread.