How to control pets when you are out

costalacosta

During the lockdown when everyone was at home my boyfriend and I decided to get our first dog. Jack is a very active puppy. We spend almost all our time until the moment we came back to office life. Now, when we are out, he stays alone and crashes all house. I would like to install cameras and maybe some audio system I can control remotely. To turn on our voice that will stop his behavior. I have seen on the Ajax website they have something similar. Has anybody ever tried that?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Really interesting idea. Are yousure that your dog will understand you through the camera speakers?

Hi! I think that it may work. My friend already did the same with his dog

In order to monitor my pets, or rather my dogs, I installed cameras at home. Not just cameras, but a whole security system. It seems to me that my little protectors should also be protected. So I watch them from time to time through the ajax iphone app. If you have never heard of this security system, then I advise you to read detailed information about it on the Internet. I sometimes feel so sorry for my dogs, because they walk around the house for a long time and whine as soon as I leave... It's heartbreaking. But I bought them new toys and now they don't seem to worry so much.

• 5 months later...

if your dog chews up everything when your gone you need to put them in a cage,sounds bad but its not.

they will just chill out and feel safe,look it up,its the best thing.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Ya, edited it...That was just simply inflammatory. Sorry. I'll try harder. I thought it was funny, but maybe not.

Edited by DocSavage

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have you found a camera that does this? I want to do the same for my dog too

On 5/5/2021 at 5:34 AM, Dendioss said:

Really interesting idea. Are yousure that your dog will understand you through the camera speakers?

If not, at least he might not feel that lonely anymore.

Seems like the puppy has got anxiety. My father's dog also have that since my mother died (big house, she was the only one that stayed there all day), so my dad have been letting the TV while he is out.

Surprisenly, it did work to some extend.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:13 AM, bernardand said:

But I bought them new toys and now they don't seem to worry so much.

Toys and even pet-oriented structures (like cat trees) are also a nice idea to keep them entertained.

There was even a toy called Weazel Ball when I was a kid that would roll around the house... if your pet is not afraid of it, let it roll until the battery runs out.

91ZD-XO+EiL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Edited by lucashc90