[Developer blog] Crossout development suggestions from players

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, survivors! The New Year has not yet arrived, but we are already starting to share plans for the changes that await us in future updates with you. First of all, we would like to draw attent

This is a horrible idea and a horrible response. Absolutely no one is complaining about hovers in top 10 clan wars and the only people complaining are like 200th place clans using humpback with porcs.

How much will Typhoons be reworked? They are a complete crap! It takes 4 direct shots on a Breaker to start sparking and 6 to smoke and 7 to remove! While only 4 direct shots of Breaker in the Typhoon

Posted Images

These are great changes, and I look forward to these and more of such improvements. Thank you. :smile: I can't wait for the new faction, and I hope they will have superb bumper blades, since it's a Japan-themed faction. :rolleyes:

Oh, and is that a new energy weapon in the picture? Looks like a railgun. Special rarity? :ohmy:

As for the co-drivers - Hans' first three skill trees from the left don't really do much. The values are a definitely too low. The previous version of his skills was more useful.

Now, there are some pressing issues at hand...

Your moderators keep banning players in the game chat and on this forum with no basis in the respective regulations, that is against said rules. The same goes for deleting forum threads that are in compliance with the forum rules. Is that going to change? It's nice that you gave us the recent survey about the moderators, but it was not enough. The survey should've been more detailed, maybe even up to including particular moderators' nicknames. And why is the moderator issuing a ban the one that's allowed to process the appeal against that ban? Of course their opnion will be biased, they can even blatantly lie in their reply, and the player can do nothing about that, because their decision is final, and whoever else reviews the appeal, apparently doesn't care. Furthermore, an unjustified forum ban results in being unable to access the forum altogether, and after the ban expires, it is followed by a period of whatever the player tries to post being moderated (and nothing gets approved, as a kind of primitive persecution), which means two consecutive periods of being unable to post anything, including an appeal against the ban. There is at least one moderator that should've been fired a long time ago, but I guess individuals with so little resistance to mind-numbing routine and sufficiently computer-literate at the same time are hard to come by, so Gaijin has no choice but to keep them.

And why aren't we allowed to use in the current upgrading event items that have been upgraded, or ones that have been made untradeable as a result of an account being robbed? I get that items that we get for free from containers are a different category, but those items that players have upgraded (by crafting or purchasing the additional ones required for upgrading) can normally be used for fusing, as well as those items that have become untradeable e.g. as a result of restoring them after a theft. That's actual value in resources or coins that has already been contributed by a player. If those items can be used in upgrading the regular way, as well as in upgrading discount events, they should be usable in this upgrading event.

Edited by Omega616
  • Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Saving co-drivers with a blueprint

This is good.

25 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Reworking enemies in raids

Well, Lunatics are better than before but i think it shouldn't be final work. I still think their appearance and design can be more unique and cooler.

New Urban maps sounds cool.

How is wedge patch going? Will be there new balance patch? Also, some maps also need balance patch. I really hate Bridge map.

W7W5JQP.jpg

And what is that?

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Hello! We are working on wedges, but are not yet ready to announce anything specific. As for the blog picture - this is something new on it ;)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

This is all good ideas. Тhe introduction of new maps should be a priority, along with solving balance problems. I am disappointed that nothing is mentioned anymore about the wedge mechanics rework. /And hovers are still as broken, but it is probably useless to point this out/.

The picture is obviously a teaser for the new faction - chinese theme confirmed :) The weapon looks like some kind of legendary scorpion. But I hope this won't be energy-weapons faction. Energy weapons are boring and have never fitted in the theme of the game.

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Hello! We are working on both sideways hovers and wedges, but are not yet ready to announce anything specific in that regard.
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice to get some insight, but im curious about how things like wedges are going, will that come next update aswell? Im also not so sure about the cw change but will have to see what its like before judging it and im hoping the weapon in the screenshot is that relic 11 energy weapon that was talked about

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Hello! As I've already mentioned, we are working on wedges, but are not ready to announce anything yet :)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello. A suggestion, when making new maps, make them more interactive, because the maps are totally static, nothing is possible to destroy but the simple destructible objects don't make that much difference in battles... 

Could include walls that could be destroyed to access certain locations, the Bridge map with desctructible Bridge, platforms to activate, such as going down a bridge, some activate ramps, activating traps, or something similar. Could even include the oven they have in Steel Championship mode, allowing you to push the opponent... 

Some old-iron map of machines with magnets that pull the vehicles up... Or air propellants that throw the vehicle away in the case of a large-scale map. Could also include Battlefield mode maps in PvP battles, it would be a lot of fun, especially in Bedlam mode!

More vivid maps, cranes with metal balls to hit vehicles as they pass the scenery, anything that promotes more interaction. The possibilities are endless!

Edited by Alcoutinho15
  • Upvote 6

I forgot mentioning that.

After last patch

On 12/15/2020 at 3:10 PM, SkyeShadow said:

Auger “Meat grinder” and mechanical leg “Bigram”

Corrected the center of mass when using augers and “Bigram”. Now armored vehicles with these chassis have become more stable in various situations.

Changing the mode of Bigram stops the vehicle completely for a moment. I don't know why but this is really annoying.

TheLittleSam (Posted )

I've just tried recreating it myself, but haven't noticed any stops. It would be great if you submitted a bur report on that.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

That new weapon looks quite large

but honestly, please do not add any "mega weapon" that cost more than 8 energy or plays a major part in the structure

just keep in mind the stupid elements who should never present in a build-your-own game and who killed Robocraft, mega weapon, repairing system, etc.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

This game could do what Need for Speed Online did. They merged couple of maps from previous series, like 4 into one and then dropped events around it where players could race against each other or partake in similar things like raids in Crossout. In NFS Online, it was 4 player escaping against cops therefore, similar mechanics to raids, where you have 4 guys going trough map.

I'm not sure how Crossout servers work, but I think it's made out of multiple lobbies. If that's the case. why not allow whole lobby to be present at once, on the map? And how exactly, in my idea?

There was once a game called NFS Online. It had one big map, which was made up from previous 4 smaller maps from previous series. Like, from Most Wanted (2005), Carbon and Undercover. And when you would log in, you would be spawned onto the map. There would be certain number of players on the map however, I guess again lobby but, there was a lot of players, I never counted. That's how they solved instability issues.

On the map there would be events. This is where it is REALLY similar to Crossout. Races would allow like, 8 racers. There was coop events too, that allowed 4 players to escape from cops together. That's like similar to Crossout's raids. On the other hand, when not racing, people could just roam around, fight NPCs (which was not happening in NFS Online) and admire each others creations. People in that game would group up around the event entry, and the server would randomly drop them in into the event. You could be in group like in Crossout, and server would drop you together. That would I think, make this game even more interesting. 

So why not use whole Wasteland map + the map where we choose events to play? Or, the question is, is this possible with Crossout engine?

Edited by PRJKTLRD
  • Like 1

I alreaday made some suggestions along last year, almost nothing was implemented, just reforcing here,

FIRST

Spoiler

First of all I want to make it clear that everything I will comment below is for the purpose of improving a game I love, bringing ideas, and I'm very sad that the developers are making ALMOST all the wrong decisions.

- Rework the server system, allowing 6 vs 6, 7 vs 7 or 8 vs 8 matches. I'd rather play 6x6 than 8x8 with two useless bots in each team.

- Improve map rotation, it is extremely annoying to play the same map three times in a row, and to me it seems clear the predominance of some maps, and they are the most annoying. Let's say the game has the maps A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H, the logic of map rotation puts them as follows: A-A-A-B-B-A-A-C-C-B-B-B-A-A-A-F-C-B-C-C-A. Of course the maps A, B and C are the most boring. Does not make sense. I believe this happens because every game players are allocated on different servers , so here goes the work of redesigning the game system and servers. Maybe make a lobbying system where the player can choose to wait to connect in a game that is about to end (few players alive and/or few seconds left); or connect as quickly as possible to any available match automatically. In the queue system the available servers list would be shown, according to PS, and the waiting list and how many players are currently in the match. This would benefit from the possibility of matches with 6 vs 6, 7 vs 7 or 8 vs 8, the waiting time would be shorter.

- Bot remodeling, they have two possible behaviors: they either rush and die like idiots or behave like idiots campering at the base. Often the game lengthens because some bots are left standing at the base, or the team is extremely harmed because they rush in a disorderly way. One solution would be to randomly assign the command of a bot to a player before the start of the match, it would be possible to give him basic commands such as holding position, attacking the enemy base, attacking a specific enemy player (to prevent it from working as a sniffer dog the bot wouldn't go after the player if it wasn't in the field of view), follow specific friend player (need to be in the field of view too). And besides, if the bot's "guardian" died the full control of that bot would pass to that dead guardian. And finally, if the player did not give any commands for a predetermined time, it would be passed to another player until it relinquishes commands. In the meantime he would be in automatic mode, if not given command of any player who was free he would be the whole match in automatic.

- Vote to detonate the remaining bots in the end of the match if there is no real players alive.

- Raids are boring to do when they take too many time, it gets worse when they are difficult, and everybody lose time and resources because of an incompetent team. If it's hard to do, increase the payoff, never make them time-consuming. These points I mentioned boil down to one raid: Chase. Precisely the one you took away. Personally I do not player raids since the chase removal. Allow players to choose which ones they want to do instead of running a random list.

- Make Possible to rotate the moving parts (wheels, legs, hovers, etc.), I do not know why this has not been added yet, would help a lot in builds.

- Make possible to mirror weapons, when someone mount some weapons they become asymmetrical, such as Reapers and Wasps, it would be interesting to have some way to mirror them, it would help in some specific cases, especially when the barrel becomes blocked.

- The screen is often polluted by the name of all players, it would be interesting to give the option to un-display names and leave only team color marking (as a silhouette).

- In-game merchant and black market system, in this system everybody could trade a number of common items in quantity and types to be determined according to the equipment you would trade by. These bargain items could be some reminders of the civilized world, such as teddy bears, photographs, musical instruments, or simply ordinary everyday items of Crossout people, screwdrivers, spark plugs, pieces of rock, precious metals. These common items could appear randomly in the lands of the map where the story goes on, or come randomly as a reward for raids, PvP and Clan battles, and have a chance to come according to their rarity, could make variations, which would only be possible to come according to your car's PS, according to how many players you killed, or according to your match score, some being so rare they are like legends. The equipment that could be exchanged could go from simple common items, such as an Avenger cannon, to unique items, which could only be purchased with exchanges. I do not believe that being able to exchange for very strong craftable items would be beneficial, such as legends and relics. The exchanges would be made with merchants (NPCs), within the Crossout, this would be a black market, I believe it would bring more dynamism to the game.

- The copilot system is abandoned, and many of the benefits they bring are useless, especially for high level players, a complete overhaul is required, perhaps making possible to build a team, which you would evolve by a skill tree like Many RPGs currently have (Path of Exile, for example), being able to evolve in unique ways and as a team it would be possible to create several codrivers builds for each situation, cannon, MGs, shotguns, durability, PvP, CW, etc.

- As the co-pilot system is abandoned so does the player's level system, the maximum level could be expanded, currently 30, before the prestige begins, and with each prestige level, or range of levels, give gifts such as epic weapons, and even legendary to levels as high as 100. A skill tree could be created as well but in this case, unlike the co-pilot, it would be more directed to steerability and general build skills, so it would be beneficial in any kind of build.

- Focusing on introducing more mountable parts, more frames, new protection items, with different resistances, different ways of getting them, plus level progression, the black merchant would be a good idea for that too, or with specific missions from others NPCs characters, making some really hard ones.

- Maps with some destructible points and random events during matches, lightning, gusts.

- Make possible reload the revolver weapons before the ammo is empty and set a button to turn off some hardwares like invisbile ones and perks as the Blight Cabin Perk, sometimes it's usefull when you turn on at the wrong moment.

- Rework the phisics system there is a problem when a 100kg drone or a 500kg wedge build wedges a 22 ton monster.

Sorry for the bad english, it took me a lot of time to write. I really would like this game to grow a lot.

Thanks.

SECOND

Spoiler

I will always be against the introduction of new drones. Then some points:

• Disable the invisibility when lock target;
  • When drones get out of radar range unlock the target and bring then back to the master - extend it to the existing drones
  • Extend to the existing drones the need to lock a target

About somethings that I suggested last year, and I think are simple and would bring big changes:

• Make possible to rotate the moving parts;
  • Allow 6 vs 6; 7 vs 7 and 8 vs 8 matches - Add a "waiting for other players time" if a match with 6vs6 started (about 15 seconds) then start the match even if nobody else comes;
  • Make possible to mirror non-simmetrical parts as Wasps and Reapers;
  • Extents the same Perk to other kind of weapons - I think the nerfed perk coming from Epic to the Special is a GREAT idea! You should do the same to the tsunami (get the Executioner perk buffed), to the fatman (get the nerfed Mammoth perk), for example. I think the relics could have unique perks.
  • Bring back Chase Raid - Never forget!

Regards

THIRD

Spoiler

I was thinking about energy system and realize that the problem is at the very low limit, there is no room to put something between 11 and 12 points, then my idea:

• Multiply the entire system by 4. For instance: Cabins would give you 4 times more energy. Harpy would allow you to mount 48 energy points, but all the stuff will cost proportionally more. A Tsunami would cost 24 points, a Cricket 20 points. Nothing new here, all would be the same
  • The points is: this allow you to put a fine adjustment between the old 11 and 12 energy points because now the numbers are 44 and 48. Then you could have epic cabins from 44 to 48, rare from 36 to 44 (old: 9 to 11) and here you can adjust to the new special ones. Rares could start from 35 and go to 40, Specials from 40 to 44, for instance. Could do the same fine adjustment to the weapons, hardwares and engines. And this new system allows a lot of more fine adjustment energy to the all the stuff.
  • Engines that now cost 0 or 1 could cost 0 to 4, a lot more room to adjust;
  • Hardware that cost nothing could cost 1 or 2 energy.

Another point about fusing (upgrade) system (I don't know if I understood how it works, but...):

• If you have 3 parts with the same bonus let the player choose wheter that will change to a new one or not (lock the repeated bonus), then only change the other 2 bonus.

Regards

Regards,

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Hello! Thank you for such thorough suggestions! I will make sure to relay those to our team!
  • Upvote 1

Good Day,

Nice updates etc etc, hope it doesnt come with Bug surprises......

Question: on CrossoutGame Facebook Page the person in charge there told me that the BUG for the Handbrake is not found yet?? Really? C'mon :005j: and you guys think i believe that right?

Ps: add an open world big map 

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Hello! The handbrake bug is being worked on and will be fixed ASAP.
  • Like 1

How much will Typhoons be reworked? They are a complete crap! It takes 4 direct shots on a Breaker to start sparking and 6 to smoke and 7 to remove! While only 4 direct shots of Breaker in the Typhoons are needed to remove them! This is complete nonsense!
Also, 6 Small Tacks in vehicles with less than 12,000 kg of mass have more traction than a spider with more than 24,000 kg of mass, 8 Bigrams and 2 Meat Grinders! Again, this is completely reversed! A complete insanity from you (developers)!
They only care about placing packages and more packages totally unbalanced when the package reached the deadline for sale, you just nerf things and leave everything as it is!
I feel injured with this crappy game!
Day after day fewer players playing Crossout! Last year we were over 70,000 players, now we are less than 10,000! A complete shame for you! I am no longer so interested in continuing, and the way it is going, at most another 2 months, I stop too!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
14 minutes ago, Eleric_Viper said:

How much will Typhoons be reworked? They are a complete crap! It takes 4 direct shots on a Breaker to start sparking and 6 to smoke and 7 to remove! While only 4 direct shots of Breaker in the Typhoons are needed to remove them! This is complete nonsense!
Also, 6 Small Tacks in vehicles with less than 12,000 kg of mass have more traction than a spider with more than 24,000 kg of mass, 8 Bigrams and 2 Meat Grinders! Again, this is completely reversed! A complete insanity from you (developers)!
They only care about placing packages and more packages totally unbalanced when the package reached the deadline for sale, you just nerf things and leave everything as it is!
Day after day fewer players playing Crossout! Last year we were over 70,000 players, now we are less than 10,000! A complete shame for you! I am no longer so interested in continuing, and the way it is going, at most another 2 months, I stop too!

Typhoons are fine as they are right now, ur using a bad example of breakers because they have the invincibility perk, but i do agree with the other stuff

• Upvote 2

Apply better fusions to weapons, fusions that really make a difference like adding new special abilities and fusions that improve special abilities. In the case of the Typhoon, a fusion that return the old special ability, which disabled the vehicle, but in a more balanced and fair way, 0,8s or less. Better fusions for weapons, modules, cabins and movement parts.

Edited by Alcoutinho15
  • Confused 1
26 minutes ago, Eleric_Viper said:

Where do you see those figures? There has been a peak on Steam alone at +5k players and lots of people doesn't play through steam

@TheLittleSam

I've just tried recreating it myself, but haven't noticed any stops. It would be great if you submitted a bur report on that.

This video is for you.

After mode change, vehicle stops completely without any reason, even though i holding W.

Also, why does this game not save log file nowadays? Anyway, i will write bug report.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Thank you! This must be a bug.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

@TheLittleSam

This video is for you.

After mode change, vehicle stops completely without any reason, even though i holding W.

Also, why this game does not save log file nowadays? Anyway, i will write bug report.

Meatgrinders called, and they want their bug back:lol:

Edited by davmax07
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

TL;DR: 
- needs more progress
- maps are not progress
- modes|features are progress (select build, respawn, {more}vs{more}, longer (team building) matches, ...)
- bug fixes first
- bring progress and make us want to pay (Suggestion from a dev blog about f2p strategy. Happy players ...)
- EDIT:
 and remove bots. Nobody wants bots. There are for sure ppl leaving because of them.

---

Urban PvP Map

You can add 2000 maps, but you still have to problem of
- map rotation is random, so ppl who would like to play map x will see their fav map once a week
- same 3-5 min PEWPEW, still.

But -
Choosing an armoured vehicle before the battle
this is what i call progress.

2 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

We would also like to note that at the moment we plan to test this possibility in clan battles. The addition of the same functionality to regular PvP battles (Missions) is still under discussion.

^this pls.
I suggest to test this like the repair-PVP-match-mode as long as you have enough players.
Not much ppl will wait for 2 years for progress. 

Reworking enemies in raids
Yea, nobody cares. Really.

Saving co-drivers with a blueprint
This is what i mean by "wait for 2 years for progress".

Edited by _cottton_
  • Thanks 2

I see a coilgun/gauss rifle!!! bald screaming soyjak | Soy Boy Face / Soyjak | Know Your Meme Incoming Scorpion with Assembler firing mechanics? 

My question/suggestion is nerfing the hovers in a way to where ranged weapons don't need to be pre-emptively nerfed so that hovers abusing them aren't too overpowered. Assemblers are a prime example of a useless weapon that becomes completely overpowered on hovers. Over many many hours of thinking and discussing, I've come to think that hovers should have an exponential acceleration curve and a minor 200-400ms delay when changing movement direction. All mechanical movement parts have a ~400ms 'clutch' delay where after braking, they will not begin to throttle up as evidenced by their engine audio. Hovers have no delay at all, and they have a linear acceleration curve. This enables the 3-4 unit Icarus VII hovers 'dragonfly hovers' to spam QE out in the wide open to flutter around like a dragonfly, and no ranged weapons even turn fast enough to track or aim at them. 

My next question is when can a fix that effectively removes light-medium wedges be implemented? The current wedge fix doesn't work as half the time before, a wedge could drive right under me with no speed penalty and I am able to get behind them, now when they get under me its like they slow down and lose enough power to where they will not drive all the way under me, and I'm stuck a lot longer. My suggestion would be to have crushing damage that goes straight to frames, along with more destructive collision damage. It would be interesting if head on high speed collisions were destructive enough to crumple a vehicle's front like an aluminum can. 

My next suggestion would be to make raids less drawn out and boring. Maybe decrease their rotation time, decrease their time over all, so I'm not grinding the same exact raid over and over again. It kills any desire I have to play the game mindlessly shooting at weak bots that have terrible AI. Their AI just is awful. 

Also, @TheLittleSam Are you a new or old developer, and is English your main language? Its good to see more communication.

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Hello! As I have already answered several times, we are working on both sideways hovers and wedges. Sadly, I can't share any info about those at the moment :( Thank you for your suggestions, though, I will make a note for myself to relay those to our development team!

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Yes, I guess I'm pretty new here :) I'm from Russia, therefore English is not my mother tongue. I just know it on a somewhat okay level ;)
  • Upvote 3
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.