[Developer blog] Crossout development suggestions from players

Woodyrojo

15 minutes ago, AFluffyBadger said:

I see a coilgun/gauss rifle!!! bald screaming soyjak | Soy Boy Face / Soyjak | Know Your Meme  Incoming Scorpion with Assembler firing mechanics? 

Then im out.
Another gun shooing through parts in a game where you are supposed to armor your build is another slap in the face.

exponential acceleration curve

AND|OR wheels need more acceleration. We got speed in the game, but it takes forever on the first few meters.

crushing damage that goes straight to frames

Suggested crushing dmg too. But not to the frames. 
It should be like
- wedge drives with speed x into another build
- wedge contact
- can wedge lift build (i.e. a huge one) 
- if not then calc speed and impact and turn it into dmg 
the "impact" dmg then could be done to both or the wedge only. Dunno.

Edited by _cottton_
  • Thanks 2

The suggestion to increase the speed/acceleration of everything?

To have faster and more Fluid gameplay? 

The suggestion to revert the last UNANNOUNCED raid changes? The one where you adapted perimeter breach by making it worse yet again?

The suggestion to stop slowing down the gameplay in general? 

Well you have a whole eternity time to fix it. Cause these news ain't gonna keep me playing the next year.

• Like 1

The building blocks for the Range feature could use a texture paint. Something like rusty sheet-metal would be great. It would be nice if stickers stuck to them as well.

I would like crop circles and flying saucer wreckage decor for the range.

Decoy Flares to mitigate all the guided missiles would be great too, I think.

giphy.gif

crop circle-01.JPG

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VisceraCleaner said:

I forgot mentioning that.

After last patch

Changing the mode of Bigram stops the vehicle completely for a moment. I don't know why but this is really annoying.

i can second this

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Hello! Well, it doesn't seem to be an exclusive case now. Could you also submit a bug report, please?
  • Thanks 1

Always nice to see that you've seen and are considering some of our suggestions. Although there is far more excellent suggestions from the players that should get attention from the developers. It would greatly benefit the game if you started pumping more content into the game. Establishing a Steam Workshop or something similar, where players could produce some content like maps, Customization Kits, Decor and garage/range items, and possibly even weapons and cabins (depending on how many tools and assets would be available to players) and then present them to the community and developers would be great. Studios like Valve or Bethesda have greatly benefited from letting the community contribute - And since Crossout is all about creativity, I think it has lots of creative players that could lend a hand.

1 hour ago, AFluffyBadger said:

My question/suggestion is nerfing the hovers in a way to where ranged weapons don't need to be pre-emptively nerfed so that hovers abusing them aren't too overpowered.

This is applied to most weapons in the game at this point and it's pretty sad, so I fully agree with that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Saving co-drivers with a blueprint

It can be frustrating at times — building a new armoured car, taking all the features into account, parts upgrades and bonuses from a particular co-driver, then go into battle and realize that something is wrong. The lack of the required co-driver bonus can seriously affect the armoured vehicle and its effectiveness, whether it is the Master Jack’s tonnage bonus, additional ammunition from Stone - deaf or the increased weapon accuracy from Jade.

This is great and probably the best part of all of this. Players have literally been asking for this for FIVE years. Basically since the creation of XO people have wanted this. I am incredibly curious how much time and coding work this took to get done.

Raids being improved has also been desired since forever.

Choosing a vehicle before a match similar to a MOBA? I'm unsure what the idea here is and I'm sure this is way more effort than other things that direly need to be fixed.

• Bugs
  • TeRrAin SmoOtHing (Seriously, y'alls terrain collision is some of the worst out there, a leviathan can barely tap a piece of map and get woefully stuck on it. Not to mention the incessant flipping of vehicles that drag any part). Almost half of the maps have places wheeled vehicles avoid like the plague because they get physic'd too easily. Example: https://streamable.com/jb0vxo
  • Connection issues. No matter how many logs and reports wind up on Skula's desk, nothing has changed and this crap is still the same and driving players crazy.
  • Cockpit+Hermes leviathans are still incredibly powerful.
  • W e d g e s

I'm sure there's more stuff. Y'all need some serious re-evaluation of the dev-team's priorities. Simple highly requested features shouldn't sit on the back-burner for five years. It's one of the easiest ways to make your players happy and show them that you do actually care.

More keybinds please.

Let us choose our rewards for certain game types when we're capped on scrap.

Edited by delraith
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi devs, i have some suggestions:

1: Being able to custom make your own stickers would be great.

2: Pleeeeeease take leviathans out of clan wars and make it a separate mode. I speak to a lot of people in the crossout community and it's a pretty popular opinion that NOBODY likes it. In fact it's solely responsible for several clans disbanding or just falling apart.

3: While we're talking clan wars, i think the whole thing needs a rework. Like perhaps having weapon rarity leagues, where builds can have a maximum rarity of weapons (so like a relic league, or legendary league), maybe 6 player teams, or having a maximum power score league, maybe like the recent survivor league. Just anything to make clan wars less stale! I've only been playing cw for a few months and the enjoyment of competitive gameplay is dwindling because of the same few meta builds and the same few maps. In such an amazing imaginative game such as Crossout it's such a shame that the "top end" of the game is so dull.

4: Please can we have a better market record where i can see how much i paid for an item 3 months ago.

That's it for now, i'm sure i could think of some more ideas but i won't go on. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MadCowScurge said:

Take over Defiance game and merge the two worlds would be interesting..

My vote would be for the world of Borderlands. The Wasteland and Pandora have a lot of similarities and once you get your virtual world off-earth, you have a lot more creative possibilities.

49 minutes ago, delraith said:

This is great and probably the best part of all of this. Players have literally been asking for this for FIVE years. Basically since the creation of XO people have wanted this. I am incredibly curious how much time and coding work this took to get done.

Raids being improved has also been desired since forever.

Choosing a vehicle before a match similar to a MOBA? I'm unsure what the idea here is and I'm sure this is way more effort than other things that direly need to be fixed.

• Bugs
  • TeRrAin SmoOtHing (Seriously, y'alls terrain collision is some of the worst out there, a leviathan can barely tap a piece of map and get woefully stuck on it. Not to mention the incessant flipping of vehicles that drag any part). Almost half of the maps have places wheeled vehicles avoid like the plague because they get physic'd too easily. Example: https://streamable.com/jb0vxo
  • Connection issues. No matter how many logs and reports wind up on Skula's desk, nothing has changed and this crap is still the same and driving players crazy.
  • Cockpit+Hermes leviathans are still incredibly powerful.
  • W e d g e s

I'm sure there's more stuff. Y'all need some serious re-evaluation of the dev-team's priorities. Simple highly requested features shouldn't sit on the back-burner for five years. It's one of the easiest ways to make your players happy and show them that you do actually care.

More keybinds please.

Let us choose our rewards for certain game types when we're capped on scrap.

If you don’t like flipping yourself so much, stop using a damn wedge. Simple solution. 
This game is about driving off road, had you had a bunch of spikes scraping the ground in reality you would’ve either high centered yourself on something or you would’ve flipped yourself and gotten stuck like a stick stabbed into mud. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Suggestion: Continue buffing the mastodon or nerf other relics

The mastodon is seen as garbage simply Becuase it isn’t broken like many other relics in the game currently. I don’t agree that it should be immensely over powered but it isn’t fair against those who spam scorpions and punishers from ranges that the mastodon struggles to hit   Effectively. much of this comes from them being used on hovers but eh you already said you were on that. 

Wedge fix: Well wedges are still wedging making low to mid ps almost unplayable. 

Fair hover nerf (not just sideways ones): Look, everyone knows that you guys enjoy the dog vs hover meta Becuase it brings in a lot of revenue, I like money too but this gig has been going on for about 2 years now. People are getting fed up. those who fight the hovers, and those who fight the dogs in pvp simply Becuase they have to. 

a fair nerf to the hovers would be an increase of the time it takes the hover to reach its apex while changing direction. Perhaps a lag of some sort or a slower animation. Hovers at lower to mid powerscore a are litterally untouchable so the 300 hp they have is hard to kill. 
This pattern gets worse and worse and you enter 15-18k ps brackets. I’ve been in games where it comes to whoever has more hover builds on one team wins. 

before adding more possibly game breaking content please consider balancing the stuff we have now. It is really frustrating a lot of people including myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, _cottton_ said:

Then im out.
Another gun shooing through parts in a game where you are supposed to armor your build is another slap in the face.

AND|OR wheels need more acceleration. We got speed in the game, but it takes forever on the first few meters.

Suggested crushing dmg too. But not to the frames. 
It should be like
- wedge drives with speed x into another build
- wedge contact
- can wedge lift build (i.e. a huge one) 
- if not then calc speed and impact and turn it into dmg 
the "impact" dmg then could be done to both or the wedge only. Dunno.

Honestly, I’m not looking forward to another obviously more affordable scorpion. The relic one already make the game unplayable, now imagine that dialed down by 5% x 2000 Becuase that’s how many there are gonna be in mid to high PS

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally do 2 important things:

1. Enable the sale of improved parts!

2. Allow individual, non-random selection of features that you want to improve on weapons and cabins!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Urban PvP Map

We are happy to announce that with the coming new season we plan to add not only a new faction to the game, but also a new PvP location in the setting of a post-apocalyptic city. You will be able to see how the disaster affected a previously prosperous city with your own eyes, and you will be able to take part in the battles for what is left of the bygone civilization.

Saving co-drivers with a blueprint

Thanks to the following change, you will be able to save a specific co-driver together with a specific blueprint. Later, when loading a blueprint from the list of saved ones, the co-driver will be activated automatically.

Always like seeing new maps, and the codriver saving feature is long overdue. 

Im pretty excited to see these updates implemented. 

1 hour ago, nunezdjr said:

If you don’t like flipping yourself so much, stop using a damn wedge. Simple solution. 
This game is about driving off road, had you had a bunch of spikes scraping the ground in reality you would’ve either high centered yourself on something or you would’ve flipped yourself and gotten stuck like a stick stabbed into mud. 

That build in the video is 100% not a wedge. It is also 100% not me

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, delraith said:

That build in the video is 100% not a wedge. It is also 100% not me

Honestly we should be penalized for scraping parts like generators and ammo packs that’s really shouldn’t ever scrape. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nunezdjr said:

Honestly, I’m not looking forward to another obviously more affordable scorpion. The relic one already make the game unplayable, now imagine that dialed down by 5% x 2000 Becuase that’s how many there are gonna be in mid to high PS

I don’t think it will be even that good if it will be legendary, and I hope it will. E legendary, I like the idea of an 11 energy weapon , it shouldn’t be better than other weapons generally but it should be comparable to two five energy legendary weapons in term of efficiency, if it is relic, then I quit the game, we don’t need more relics we need more weapon variety ,epic versions of legendary weapons such as fortune and reaper, and the balance of existing ones, I had some dope ideas for builds with these new railgun , I hope it is legendary but not op, and large,physically because it would look so cool

Edited by davmax07
Grammar

you don't need all these complicated things...just balance the game...nerf the dogs and any melee builds(too op vs heavies and hovers), upgrade the heavy builds(legs or wheeled heavies) because they are too poor against hover and maybe we can play a decent game... PS.

and xxxx remove those damn bots in battle

Edited by Raiza1990
  • Upvote 2

More balanced opponents in missions would be helpful.  Some of the AI players come in with masses of weapons that are way overpowered compared to what you can craft yourself or defend against without spending masses of real money in game.  It makes it very difficult at higher levels to get scrap metal to do builds or extra gas for the vehicles.

The AI at times on your team sometimes leaves a lot to be desired especially if the only vehicle left in a mission is an AI one that just sits in place doing nothing until it's hunted down by other AI and destroyed or the timer runs out.  If only AI vehicles are left it would be better if the mission ends automatically with the side with the most vehicles left as the winner or some way to end the mission and still get the rewards if you've earned any.

Mission entry times can also be extremely long and frustrating, sometimes taking minutes to get into a raid or a mission after cancelling and retrying multiple times.  More frequent mission and raid timers would be helpful.  Also a with raids sometimes you get into a raid with one AI player against some tough opponents which isn't helpful when trying to survive to the end.  Maybe raise it so the minimum for a raid to start is 3 players instead of 2.

Also tweak the requirements for higher powered weapons.  The cost to build an epic level weapon with all the other items needed (and cost) are pretty stupid, same as the upgrade system needing 4 of the same items to go up to a higher level.  It seems a bit much.

More varied daily missions would be nice as well.  It gets a bit stale doing the same missions every few days.  It's no fun sometimes having to do 5 missions with a shotgun for instance.

A tweak to the weight of components would be good as well, so for instance a bigger part isn't twice the weight of it's smaller part.  For instance a 1x4 chassis is 50k but a 2x4 chassis is 80kg rather than double the weight of 100kg.  This would make it better on the build and give more variation choices while not having to worry so much about weight.  I'd also like it if you could be chassis vertically as well as horizontally.  This would give more building choices also.

I mentioned in another post about some type of visual idea of the size of components especially higher levels of coolers or generators as the pictures don't give an idea of how big they are.  The BigC is smaller than another generator that looks like it'd be smaller in the image but is 3x the size of the BigC.  The higher level the component (epic should be smaller in dimensions for instance) but give more benefits.  Being limited by cabin and generators to add more power to a vehicle for weapon use isn't a great solution.  It limits the weapons on the vehicles and when some weapons can take up to 6 power it's a lot to lose so people tend to not use those weapons.

There's probably more suggestions to come but those are all I can think for now. I know some people will think these ideas are stupid but it's what I'd like in the game in the future.

TheLittleSam (Posted )

Hello! Thank you for your thorough feedback! I am making notes for myself and will make sure those are relayed to our team. As for the size of components - you can always take a glance at it by opening the "Parameters" screen. Once you've opened it, press "F" to display the pin mesh.
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Philipotel said:

This is all good ideas. Тhe introduction of new maps should be a priority, along with solving balance problems. I am disappointed that nothing is mentioned anymore about the wedge mechanics rework. /And hovers are still as broken, but it is probably useless to point this out/.

The picture is obviously a teaser for the new faction - chinese theme confirmed :) The weapon looks like some kind of legendary scorpion. But I hope this won't be energy-weapons faction. Energy weapons are boring and have never fitted in the theme of the game.

This is a horrible idea and a horrible response. Absolutely no one is complaining about hovers in top 10 clan wars and the only people complaining are like 200th place clans using humpback with porcs. Hovers are not the problem and will never be a problem. If you get rid of sideways hovers then it will just be a dog game and a leg game, what is the fun in that? 1 dog can take out a whole hover team and you're complaining about hovers? What build you do you run Philipotel? On PS4 there is 2 clans that use hovers and you want to remove that from us? On PC, sure there is more hover teams but again, a dog can wipe out a whole team. You GM's and dev's are listening to the wrong people and you are solely focused on PC, not even looking at PS4 or at all Xbox. Get a group of people from diamond from PC and PS4 and maybe even Xbox, they will fix your game and even give you good ideas of how to balance the game and even maps or weapons. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, nunezdjr said:

Not sure if i got this right: you mean if there are a non-relic scorp like wpn then 
1. we will see less relic scorps (in mid PS)?
2. you are able to fight the relic scorps?

If so then i must say:
1. nope. Just more POP-shots and players getting mad.
2. nope. Those builds are just to "fast". And the innocent slow builds are getting POPPED even more.

Note: problem -
we have a thermal scope to see explosives in builds
but just 1 wpn (scorp) that can benefit of that item.
And the problem is: if you add more of those wpns to benefit of that scope, then you just make many players (victims) mad.
IMO this scope should have never existed. And the scorp should have never gotten this shoot through -perk.

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, DocSavage said:

The building blocks for the Range feature could use a texture paint. Something like rusty sheet-metal would be great. It would be nice if stickers stuck to them as well.

I would like crop circles and flying saucer wreckage decor for the range.

Decoy Flares to mitigate all the guided missiles would be great too, I think.

giphy.gif

crop circle-01.JPG

Those building blocks as you call them are concrete blocks, thus why they look like concrete and has the same texture as concrete so the rust thing doesn't go with them but everything else you mention sounds good

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.