When will you fix PvP PowerScores??? (I leave matches if unfair PS)

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw I constantly see UNFAIR powerscores in PvP, I simply refuse to play those matches and leave! I know technically it's against game rules, but i'm not going to WASTE my time in match that has less than 5% of chance of winning due UNFAIR powerscores.
I play with 14000ps build, while enemy team has like 15600 - 16900 builds, sometimes even higher.

You (developers) might think it's small difference, but that's a difference between a FULL clan wars build and a barebones hover. My hover has 4x hovers and 2x typhoon or scorps and i'm about 14200. If i could go to 16000 or so, that would already mean I could swap gas gen for apollo, have 1 more energy (detector, verifier..etc) and also have at least +2 hovers!
It's a HUGE difference. If both players are rather good with their builds, then it's nearly impossible to defeat 16000ps build with 14000ps. 16000ps build can have so much more armor, even if I hit 100% of my shots and enemy only hits 50%, it's still not enough to win .. and that's just vs ONE higher PS build, often enemy team is FULL of a lot higher PS builds, it's UNFAIR and this crap has to be fixed!
What you expected to see I expect to play vs 14800 ps builds MAX when i'm on 13900 - 14200 ps build.
Conditions in which error reproduce Take a 14000 ps hover with typhoons or scorps (not a melee build) and play session of PvP (session = 2-4 hours of playing)
Problem details

see screenshot below

Frequency of reproduction frequent
Time of bug  

07F38293A65F5B28BAD14AE6FCFB8534031F0114

Edited by Sethioz
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

The total PS of your team, counting only players, is : 94 084 PS, the opposing team is 95 087 PS. That's just short of 1000 PS difference, I think it's a very reasonable matchup. Just like in other video games, for example, you have tier 9 vehicles mixed up with tier 10 vehicles in the same game. As long as both teams have as many tier 9 and 10, it's okay. It is expected the 18k build on your team will be of a greater importance and sure there has to be a limit to the cumulative PS of your team, we don't want a guy at 5k in the same game as someone in 15k just to get the 10k average, that would be too extreme. In this case tho, looks fine to me.

If you show a high PS game where the cumulative PS differences between teams is about let's say 4700PS (which would be about 5 % of PS differences in your screenshot), then yeah I think you would have a point. And it does happen, but very rarely in my own experience (usually in squad, where the player pool is more limited as the matchmaking tries to match squad vs squad).

Edited by sam93931
typo
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
59 minutes ago, sam93931 said:

The total PS of your team

Thanks for doing the math. 

The test server doesn't have any kind of match maker to speak of, but frankly, I didn't think it made that much of a difference. I get owned at any power score when certain villainous groups are  roaming in packs out in the wild. On the other hand, sometimes I'm swinging hovers around like rag dolls. This dog loves that game. I think they like it too.

Point is I can never tell what makes a big difference in wins or loses. I don't have my co pilots topped off, and I think if I step out of my class, that aspect is hard to make up for with skill, or luck, or whatever. I gear down sometimes, and that helps. Sometimes it just sucks. I was told certain play schedules can make a difference, too. I found that to be mostly true.

Taking a break is my best advice. I haven't done that in a while, so that's probably not worth much. Still, I find the game is very fluid and prone to trends, and catastrophic upheaval, and ultimately nerf renovation. It changes like the weather, I think. I try to enjoy it while it lasts, and I'm having too much fun lately.

I need help.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, sam93931 said:

The total PS of your team, counting only players, is : 94 084 PS, the opposing team is 95 087 PS. That's just short of 1000 PS difference, I think it's a very reasonable matchup. Just like in other video games, for example, you have tier 9 vehicles mixed up with tier 10 vehicles in the same game. As long as both teams have as many tier 9 and 10, it's okay. It is expected the 18k build on your team will be of a greater importance and sure there has to be a limit to the cumulative PS of your team, we don't want a guy at 5k in the same game as someone in 15k just to get the 10k average, that would be too extreme. In this case tho, looks fine to me.

If you show a high PS game where the cumulative PS differences between teams is about let's say 4700PS (which would be about 5 % of PS differences in your screenshot), then yeah I think you would have a point. And it does happen, but very rarely in my own experience (usually in squad, where the player pool is more limited as the matchmaking tries to match squad vs squad).

according to your non existing logic, you can have 4x 1000 ps builds and then 4x ~16000 builds, which would be total of 68000 PS and other team could have 8x ~8500 PS builds. How do you think that match would end up? You think those 8500 builds have any chance vs 16000 builds? You can literally have 4 v 8 match, where one team has 8x 8500 ps builds and other team has 4x 16000 builds and it will be MASSACRE, those 8500 builds stand NO chance. they will get 1 shot popped.

matchmaking should never try to match total PS, that's BS! it's unfair and BS. I stand nearly no chance vs end-game builds with barebone build. I can hit the enemy 3-5 times with no major damage, while they hit me once and i'm already unable to fly or if they get lucky, pop goes the gas gen .. that's NOT fair and it needs immediate fixing!

I hope crossout devs will WAKE THE F UP in 2021! .. you see they are so hell bent on FORCING group vs group, but putting 14000 vs 16000+ seems fair in their eyes... but it is freaking NOT fair! If you have never had to carry your team, then don't talk. this is the problem with devs, they are not playing the game, they casually test and have no idea what is going on. I want to see developers playing PvP for weekly missions and trying to complete events to receive rewards, then they would understand how frustrating and annoying it is when you have to constantly face a lot higher PS builds.

Just give us a visible chart, where we can see how many players are:
- In battle (you can click on this and see a chart, that shows which PS is most played by the current players)
- In queue (this list can further be clicked on and then you can see a chart, where you see PS from 0 to 20000 or whatever is highest)
- In group (only needed, if devs insist on that UNFAIR group vs group BS).

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

Just because you don't like the brackets doesn't make it a bug. At 10k you get matched up to <14k, too. Personally I'm fine with it, I rather have fast matches than wait a long time for the perfectly balanced match (which PS cannot deliver, anyway - I have vehicles with probably 1k PS purely from cosmetics). We can discuss that, but this is not the place.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

IMO the PS itself doesn't say much. Although the whining about this topic would end, if the matchmaking is done

by the parts (example, highest part is epic - result in playing only against vehicles where the highest part is also just epic and so on).

But yeah, sometimes I end up myself with a difference of over 4k PS in a match and be one of the lowest or others have the luck to be those ones.

It could also simple fixed with a powerscorerange from n to x.  But I guess it's a) to simple and b) not wanted by devs otherwise it would not be a topic anymore.

There should be some sort of hard limits no matter if it increases wait time, my 11k build should not have to play against 17k-19k builds no matter what!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

There should be some sort of hard limits no matter if it increases wait time, my 11k build should not have to play against 17k-19k builds no matter what!

I know what you mean, this difference is not only be made by just having more structure. It should be having a range from 1000k PS and not more. The time to wait is sometimes 3min for me, even though there are a lot playing. Also, the bots should completely removed from PvP, it's better to play just a 4v4 than having those accurate brainless metalcrap hanging around in a match.

Agree with the vehicle ps, but also weapons are are very mismatched, I go out with a 6000 build with 2 sinus and 2 ac50 storms, and I am getting destroyed by 8-12000 ps players, lazers, rockets, missiles, especially pvp, I am getting blown up with players that have premium bought vehicles with multiple higher power weapons such as 6 rockets, multiple drones, all stuff that is out of reach of crafting or buying by just grinding the game.

11 hours ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Yesterday i was using my one of my fastest builds and suddenly after i got 12 wins for batteries in a row all players on my ps (10 000ps) disappeared and i had to fight against 16 000ps. AWESOME! Also one of these 16 000ps people on my team was hiding!!!! He had two breakers and a wedge build and certainly more health than me as i have 400hp on that build yet i managed to get 3 kills while he just died without doing anything. My biggest issue is that people on higher ps are doing that shi**y "LoOK i'M TActIcAL" playstyle. All they do is hiding at the back for as long as they can, i'm sick of this. Fix that god damn matchmaking.

Yea happened to me too but instead of 14k ps - 16k ps, i have a 7.8k ps build and got sent to a 11K PS MATCH! im not fighting vehicles with 3k ps more than me! i went for some target practice and boom much stronger bots than me i know not all of them are 11k ps but most of them are. matchmaking really is messed up. 20210110154620_1.thumb.jpg.bc5ba729eb3de

Edited by The_Spongy_Spong
image was in the wrong place whoops
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

MM is fine. 

Y'all just need to realise how it works. 

First, if u have a winning streak the game WILL put u up against harder opponents. This can be offset usually by changing ps or taking a break from pvp. 

Second, the game tries to mm group vs group, often someone in those groups is higher ps than the others. This will cause the game to fill up the rest of the slots with players or bots that equate the high ps. 

And third, after 10k or so it's very common to be matched with whoever. Likely because of low player base, but also because after 10 or 12k there isn't much difference in dps or armor, it's mostly the movement parts that raise such high ps. 

And lastly....

The idea that Crossout keeps you at a 50/50 ratio is ludacris. Why would it do that ? And if it does why do so many players have excellent winning records ? And so many have losing records ? I would think that everyone would have roughly the same win/lose ratio. But they don't. So that tell me there's no algorithm that keeps a ratio at all. It's luck, skill, teamwork and your build that determine win or lose.........oh and the bots, but that's another topic. 

• Like 1