Can someone explain how does this powerscore balancing even work? I make a 7900 PS build, with blue radiators and Storm autocannons instead of purple parts, blue wheels instead of more powerful ones for the sake of not bloating up my PS too high, harpy cabin and so on, specifically aiming to the 7800-8200 powerscore against people with such builds, where it should preform good enough. Instead, I get repeatedly thrown into fights against 8500-8700 builds where they just rip my rinky dinky little light blue guns to shreds with their purple or gold ones repeatedly and just tank most of my damage because of the PS difference. Not to mention that in those powerscores, I'd be using a different build with different guns either way because the opponents and guns you come against in those powerscores is different than the ones near 7900, against which I specifically designed my piece of junk. So I go and make an around 8200 4-Equalizer build on a Nova, and now I am thrown against people in the 7600-7900 9 out of 10 matches. I mean it's neat to rip their weapons to shreds but why can't I be using my equal build against equal machines rather than being always either overpowered or underpowered most of the time? What use is in a powerscore when it is such a randomized thing? I'd rather take my 7900 build against the 7900 people and my 8200 build against the 8500 people, and not the other way around. This seriously makes building anything a complete pain because you don't know where the heck you get throw off into no matter what your PS says, seriously hindering any kind of building. How am I going to be able to decide which parts to use when building when it seems to be completely random on where I get thrown off into on the PS scale?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

There are unpublished tiers to the PS. I believe 8499 is the cutoff to the tier that you are attempting to play in. Push your build up to 8499 and you normally should be at the highest PS for your tier. If you build something at 8500, you'll enter a higher tier.

Edited by JLo007
32 minutes ago, Kohtupora_69 said:

This seriously makes building anything a complete pain

Yes, this.

The unpublished rules and mechanics of this game are troublesome, I think. I would love to see more transparency in how this game actually works, so I can build according to whatever the mechanics are.

It appears to me that certain build components influence the map rotation too. For example: once I put on a couple Borers and suddenly kept getting Sector EX over and over. I got it four times in a row, and then I just stopped using Borers. I'm also prone to bail on that map now, just because I've seen it so many times, ad nauseam. I just don't want to do it again.

It doesnt, i play against builds with 60%-80% more powerscore than myself on a daily basis.

• Upvote 1

You can expect to be placed into battles ~1000+/- PS at any given time. In higher PSs you're more likely to have greater jumps but that's relative rarity and at the PSs where it's more common, a 14K build can handle a an 18K build well enough.

5 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

You can expect to be placed into battles ~1000+/- PS at any given time. In higher PSs you're more likely to have greater jumps but that's relative rarity and at the PSs where it's more common, a 14K build can handle a an 18K build well enough.

what about 11k vs 19k

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

what about 11k vs 19k

Exceedingly rare. Most likely the case of someone grouping up with someone at a far lower PS or the consoles are lacking an exceptional level of online players at the time. I've had 9K builds dragged into 12K fights because of a lack of players in higher PSs myself.

I think sometimes there’s a bigger PS spread when there’s not enough players online, and of course there is also the theory that the game tries to balance skill (if you perform well, it matches you against stronger players, and vice versa).

There is still a lot of debate about whether skill balancing is happening, but I’m not bothered by the possibility. If I’m suddenly playing against better cars and players, I’m going to take that as a compliment, especially if I get a lot of unyielding patches on those losing teams.

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

Exceedingly rare.

1 hour ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

on a daily basis.

• Upvote 1

I've never seen such a spread. What server region have you selected and what time are you playing? 

14 minutes ago, Snib said:

I've never seen such a spread. What server region have you selected and what time are you playing? 

We cant choose a region on xbox and it happens no matter the day or time. And i know there are enough other people online because in the last 30mins i had lots of games against different people in the same PS as myself.

You know the regulars and know they are playing but the games MM thinks you won too much now and suddenly throws you into worse and worse lobbys to get your winrate down.

After some losses it stops as suddenly as it started and youre back in the same PS lobbys as before with the same refulars still playing so yeah, thats that.

These are from the weekend and i only have them because i still got mvp, there would be tons and tons of screenshots with losses against 17k-19k in my 11k build.

You dont need to beliebe me but in the end it doesnt matter, thats just a nono, no matter the circumstances.

03_01.2021_13-06-43-gz24klgs.thumb.png.0

03_01.2021_13-07-10-sgasiexj.thumb.png.7

Edited by Beni_Stingray1
4 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

no

It's the closest cut-off point from his current PS, so the most logical thing to teell him to do to fix his problem with that specific build.

32 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:
1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

Exceedingly rare.

2 hours ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

on a daily basis.

Because you're on console. How often does it happen when enough players are online?

Edited by SIGMA920
12 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

We cant choose a region on xbox and it happens no matter the day or time. And i know there are enough other people online because in the last 30mins i had lots of games against different people in the same PS as myself.

That's why you guys have your own forums. I cannot comment on your population, you cannot comment on ours.

8 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

It's the closest cut-off point from his current PS, so the most logical thing to teell him to do to fix his problem with that specific build.

i shouldnt have to, i want all my modules and dont want to limit my build options, hell no!

5 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

How often does it happen when enough players are online?

read what i have written again

15 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

And i know there are enough other people online because in the last 30mins i had lots of games against different people in the same PS as myself.

You know the regulars and know they are playing but the games MM thinks you won too much now and suddenly throws you into worse and worse lobbys to get your winrate down.

After some losses it stops as suddenly as it started and youre back in the same PS lobbys as before with the same refulars still playing so yeah, thats that.

Its not because there are no people playing, i know they are playing, i just saw them playing and i have them in my friendlist, its mm xxxx you up.

Edited by Beni_Stingray1
1 minute ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

read what i have written again

16 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

And i know there are enough other people online because in the last 30mins i had lots of games against different people in the same PS as myself.

That's not a thing, there is no evidence for it, and there is no reason for it to exist.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
6 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

That's not a thing, there is no evidence for it, and there is no reason for it to exist.

It is and it does, you cant be that naive, every f2p game has mechanics like that. But im not surprised someone with your skill history wouldnt notice behavier like that.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Kohtupora_69 said:

Can someone explain how does this powerscore balancing even work?

for PC,this is a very old subject

yes stop build at 499 at any ps score might save you from playing 2 to 4k higher groups.

i play at 9855 and get alot of 12-14k+ matches

but usually both teams are 12k+ so im ok with that,sometimes i get mvp with my 9k,depends how well my team works.

bottom line is-change ur build if u want but it dont matter,your only good as your team,what bothers me is the(you lose matches or win matches)the game makes for you.

(we all know this----sometimes you do damage, then other times you dont-66 damage after shooting 4 ppl lol really?)

my 2x hurricanes only do 66 damage,lol,its the game.

Edited by MudnBeer
32 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

It is and it does, you cant be that naive, every f2p game has mechanics like that. But im not surprised someone with your skill history wouldnt notice behavier like that.

The closest thing to evidence that has ever been stated for it existing is heavily flawed reasoning that a forced 50/50 win rate would do anything beyond **** off players both new and old.

• Confused 3

Why people here are so limited?Matchmaking IS BROKEN. What do you want to accept it as a fact? Screenshots? I can deliver you at least 10 screenshots per hour. I have to face people much higher than me every single day. My build 10 000ps - enemy team 16 000ps builds. This is a fact that matchmaking is doing this on purpose. I don't know why i even bother to prove something, most of you still prefer to use your comfort zone meta builds. 

• Upvote 3

What I see is that until 10kPS, you can be put into matches +\- 1000 PS of you. I don’t think the old 999 cutoffs still work, but I could be wrong.

10 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

This is a bigger problem than you think. Most of the relic builds start at 12k. So if you play some non relic trash at 10k to 11k you have a realy big chance to face of op imba relics. And this is when the I call it p2w matchmaking bonus comes into play.

Btw. Be honest. Without those imba relics p2w would not be worth. Don't you think so?

53 minutes ago, InfernOWN said:

Most of the relic builds start at 12k. So if you play some non relic trash at 10k to 11k you have a realy big chance to face of op imba relics. And this is when the I call it p2w matchmaking bonus comes into play.

A relic build at 12K is going to low on armor. Relics are not OPed either.

54 minutes ago, InfernOWN said:

Btw. Be honest. Without those imba relics p2w would not be worth. Don't you think so?

1. The game isn't P2W.

2. Paying real money for relics is stupid at best.