List of SHORT-term broken things on top100 CW

1) kapkan. Couple weeks ago devs changed function of this part and its detection:

- sometimes behaves like part which removes all power from catched vehicles,

- now it is practically undetectable (in comparison with previous state),

(+ good change was that heavier vehicles now tear off the cable).

--> simple fix could be buff of the Argus. It has low durability, long reload time (kapkan module is already reloaded and the Argus is now useless) and does not help when the drone do not see the kapkan (under vehicle).

2) wheels on hovers giving tonnage (total nonsense).

3) anti-wedge mechanic. It slows down vehicles which do not wedge!

--> remove or make it reasonable (better remove).

4) nova shield.

- visibility of the shield is problematic at the enf of its lifetime,

- instant activation.

--> make it 100% visible all the lifetime, add small activation time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) kapkan. Couple weeks ago devs changed function of this part and its detection:      - sometimes behaves like part which removes all power from catched vehicles,      - now it is practical

1) kapkan. Agree 2) wheels on hovers: Disagree 3) anti-wedge mechanic. Disagree 4) nova shield. Disagree

I wonder why... Oh...  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

2) wheels on hovers giving tonnage (total nonsense).

All movement parts add tonnage when mounted.

4 minutes ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

3) anti-wedge mechanic. It slows down vehicles which do not wedge!

--> remove or make it reasonable (better remove).

The anti-wedge mechanic needs to be pushed further as in crushing damage needs to be a thing.

5 minutes ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

4) nova shield.

- visibility of the shield is problematic at the enf of its lifetime,

- instant activation.

--> make it 100% visible all the lifetime, add small activation time.

Wait out the shield, that's all you need to do.

• Confused 2
12 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Wait out the shield, that's all you need to do.

He said CW , its not filled with random scrubs from PVP (we have gone over this many times already :lol:)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, h0zz said:

He said CW , its not filled with random scrubs from PVP (we have gone over this many times already :lol:)

If it's in clan wars then that's an even greater reason to not make that rookie mistake.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, SIGMA920 said:

If it's in clan wars then that's an even greater reason to not make that rookie mistake.

I agree , never make the rookie mistake of not playing with nova.

When they use nova , YOU also use nova :lol:

Then you can wait for the shields to go off :popcorn:

1 hour ago, h0zz said:

I agree , never make the rookie mistake of not playing with nova.

When they use nova , YOU also use nova :lol:

Then you can wait for the shields to go off :popcorn:

I was referring to the rookie mistake of shooting a nova's shield. It's up there with putting all of your reloading weapons on the same trigger or maining drones/turrets.

1)There is already bug report about that, and devs told its being worked on so we need to wait with judging kapkan until it gets fixed in next update(hopefully)

2)Well technically every build can mount every movement part combos, but hovers with free 1,5k(even more if fused) tonnage per hermit wheel gives them a little too much and honestly not only me dislikes that.I would like to see some changes with that - some kind of disadvantage when mounting wheels on hovers for free tonnage.

3)Anti wedge mechanic still needs polishing(alot tbh), fastest fix would be adding those debuffs over time like 3-5 sec instead of instantly slowing down.

4)Nova feels like a broken cabin with that free frontal aegis, but it can be defeated. Nova is very effective versus long reloading weapons like scorpion or typhoon but when facing dps weapons it doesnt feel that powerfull anymore.

Also when it comes to cw its kinda sad that meta goes again to typhoon again - it feels like a rewind from times when typhoon/breaker/punisher was released but now everyone also have free aegis

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

I was referring to the rookie mistake of shooting a nova's shield.

You missed possibility of situation during which a shot is fired before activation of a shield. And there are many situations when you have to shoot even you suspect the target that it will use the shield faster, than your projectile will reach him. Another problem you do not see outside of PVP often is one Nova player defending another players even in cloack. Cloacked Nova is in the front of a bite player and activate shield in the cloack to protect the bite and then force you to reload. All those situations are much worse when there is a distance and will be much more equlibrated when an activation time will be added.

4 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

All movement parts add tonnage when mounted.

There is qualitative difference between movement parts in this sense.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

The anti-wedge mechanic needs to be pushed further as in crushing damage needs to be a thing.

If it is too difficult to implement it so that it will be reasonable then not. We need them to be focused on bigger problems.

49 minutes ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

You missed possibility of situation during which a shot is fired before activation of a shield. And there are many situations when you have to shoot even you suspect the target that it will use the shield faster, than your projectile will reach him. Another problem you do not see outside of PVP often is one Nova player defending another players even in cloack. Cloacked Nova is in the front of a bite player and activate shield in the cloack to protect the bite and then force you to reload. All those situations are much worse when there is a distance and will be much more equlibrated when an activation time will be added.

So the nova's shield being used for it's intended purpose is a problem?

And even cloaked, the nova shield is not that useful of a tool when it comes to defending another player.

29 minutes ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

There is qualitative difference between movement parts in this sense.

Not really. Any movement part can be used in this manner.

29 minutes ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

If it is too difficult to implement it so that it will be reasonable then not. We need them to be focused on bigger problems.

It's not too difficult to implement, the devs have chickened out of fully implementing the last part of the wedge fix.

Even if was more difficult to implement, wedges have been a far larger problem for far longer than any of the issues that are being focused on currently.

Strongly agree with 1, 2 and 3. Kinda on the fence on 4. Le'ts see if anything comes out of this.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

So the nova's shield being used for it's intended purpose is a problem?

And even cloaked, the nova shield is not that useful of a tool when it comes to defending another player.

Do you realise when you talk about something you dont know (as you said you do not play CW) your opinions are at least ureliable? Use your analytical mind on yourself in this.

13 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

It's not too difficult to implement, the devs have chickened out of fully implementing the last part of the wedge fix.

It is not difficult to implement something like it, but it IS very hard to implement something reasonable. Dtto, think more in deep.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

Do you realise when you talk about something you dont know (as you said you do not play CW) your opinions are at least ureliable? Use your analytical mind on yourself in this.

The only major differences between PvP and clan wars is the 4v4 format and the substantially reduced amount of viable gear. If something is strong in clan wars it tends to be strong in PvP as well. The nova so far hasn't proven to be that overwhelmingly strong in PvP just like the horizontal mandrakes that were called OPed by those in clan wars as well. It almost makes me wonder if clan wars is making it's players too complacent that you can't adapt to the nova's shield being a thing.

4 hours ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

It is not difficult to implement something like it, but it IS very hard to implement something reasonable. Dtto, think more in deep.

Once wedged, there's a base damage of 50 that gets applied. Every second it increases by 5 to 10 percent. Makes wedges unsustainable and makes use of what has already been implemented.

Non-hover movement parts should not add tonnage as long as they are not in contact with the ground.

Nova shield can be decisive in duel even if we wait for the shield to fade away. The Nova user is given 3 free seconds in front of your useless weapons, just enough to degun you with ease. Plus Nova shields are very difficult to see or sometimes totally invisible from a distance. The only drawback is the fact that it is a bit more difficult to correctly shield the front of the cabin. My opinion about Nova it that a 0.5secs activation delay should be added, as well as a cooldown reduction when the shield is shot off that is proportional to the time the shield was active. For example a base reload of 7 secs + 6 secs for every second the shield was active before destruction.

Edited by JCDG
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, JCDG said:

Non-hover movement parts should not add tonnage as long as they are not in contact with the ground.

:good:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

It almost makes me wonder if clan wars is making it's players too complacent that you can't adapt to the nova's shield being a thing.

You still don't understand ... you adapt by switching to the meta , and people start to complain when 50%+ of the players are using the same thing.

Now its nova , typhoons (made into 0 aim needed weapons again) and after will be something else .

If its by design or incompetence I can't say for sure :dntknw:

• Confused 2
6 minutes ago, h0zz said:

You still don't understand ... you adapt by switching to the meta , and people start to complain when 50%+ of the players are using the same thing.

Now its nova , typhoons (made into 0 aim needed weapons again) and after will be something else .

If its by design or incompetence I can't say for sure :dntknw:

Switching to the current meta isn't adapting, it's following the crowd. Adapting is changing your tactics and builds to counter what you face.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Switching to the current meta isn't adapting, it's following the crowd. Adapting is changing your tactics and builds to counter what you face.

Yes and when the best counter its itself we got a problem.

What happened with frontal mandrakes and with nova the same thing.

And with typhoons before the perk change (only one of these 3 that was actually only half carcinogenic to play with and against)(everyone with hovers ofc ^^)

Edited by h0zz
  • Confused 3

1) kapkan. Agree

2) wheels on hovers: Disagree

3) anti-wedge mechanic. Disagree

4) nova shield. Disagree

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

1) kapkan. Agree

2) wheels on hovers: Disagree

3) anti-wedge mechanic. Disagree

4) nova shield. Disagree

I wonder why...

38 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Reaper Build (mid and close range):
Nova
2 reapers
2 purple ammo boxes
Hovers
Barrier IX

Cyclone Build (Long and Mid Range):
Nova
3 Cyclones
Hovers
1 Purple Rad

32 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Oh...  :lol:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Without the nova, mg/ac hovers have little to no chance vs typhoons and scorps.  The nova is what provides us balance right now...and yet I still see more typhoons and scorps in CW than mg/ac builds

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Claysdad said:

Without the nova, mg/ac hovers have little to no chance vs typhoons and scorps.  The nova is what provides us balance right now...and yet I still see more typhoons and scorps in CW than mg/ac builds

Thinking about it, I agree with you and  RoughMonkey on this one now.

19 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Strongly agree with 1, 2 and 3. Kinda on the fence on 4. Le'ts see if anything comes out of this.

4) nova shield: disagree

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Thinking about it, I agree with you and  RoughMonkey on this one now.

4) nova shield: disagree

Its in the tittle "top 100 CW"... do you play\played recently on top 100CW ?

Going after monkeys never ends well , where he plays there's not even 100 teams to make a top 100 ... dudes play CW's vs bots over there :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, h0zz said:

Its in the tittle "top 100 CW"... do you play\played recently on top 100CW ?

Going after monkeys never ends well , where he plays there's not even 100 teams to make a top 100 ... dudes play CW's vs bots over there :lol:

I play top ten and yes we do have Nova cabs in CW, but it's not an issue. And yes we have a top 100.... its the same game dude.

Sideways builds are more powerful.

• Upvote 1