Why PC players want a Leg buff while on PS4 they are dominating top 10 CW?

On PS4 the top First and the top Second clans are using bigramspiders , 2/4 or sometimes 3/4 in a team. 

How can it be that the legs with the same stat on both platforms, dominating on PS4 and useless on PC? Honestly i just think the PC players need to learn how to use them better, like the 2 PS4 teams did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what's seen in the forum, it seems like PC and console versions are entirely different when it comes to handling certain things, that's why sometimes it can get confusing   Which also m

Because you guys don’t have good hover players??

It's simply moronic to think this way. Let's start off with factors that will prevent a Punisher from closing the gap between them and a hostile Typhoon: -The Typhoon. -Verifier -A

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Because you guys don’t have good hover players??

Than i can say you dont have good spider players. Lol...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Couse of the sideways hover on Pc 

Since the last hover rework almost 2 years ago spiders used to dominate on Pc as well 

Edited by _ChocoNutsX_
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Kope98 said:

On PS4 the top First and the top Second clans are using bigramspiders , 2/4 or sometimes 3/4 in a team. 

How can it be that the legs with the same stat on both platforms, dominating on PS4 and useless on PC? Honestly i just think the PC players need to learn how to use them better, like the 2 PS4 teams did.

Bruh your players can barely sideways, and you guys have an easymode autoaim setting that makes Reapers delete hovers on sight.
I'll take snarky comments from console kids the day they start playing games without aim assist.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 2

Biggest things are control schemes (controller vs KB/M) and ability to use sideways hovers.

On PC, hovers are simply better in every way. The few teams that do run spiders run a Mandrake in team to force hover teams to push into them. Mandrake is also very deadly against hovers.

Edited by HexWarfare
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Kope98 said:

Pc meta leans heavily towards full hover teams taking map and holding angles, or Braker/Firebug heavy melee teams. Legs just get hammered in pc meta. There are high rank teams using leg builds, but they mostly rely on a mandrake to win games for them.

Console auto aim has to be taken into account too. I assume tanky builds are more viable when the AI aims for you.

From what I have seen of high rank console streams there's just not much competition. But I don't play on console so I wouldn't want to judge too much. Probably best that you don't make judgements about a platform you don't play on ether...

• Upvote 3

From what's seen in the forum, it seems like PC and console versions are entirely different when it comes to handling certain things, that's why sometimes it can get confusing

Which also makes me wonder why console players don't use the console sections of the forum btw. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 6
3 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

From what's seen in the forum, it seems like PC and console versions are entirely different when it comes to handling certain things, that's why sometimes it can get confusing

Which also makes me wonder why console players don't use the console sections of the forum btw. 

Which also makes me wonder why people that don’t play the game post at all??

25 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Which also makes me wonder why people that don’t play the game post at all??

Because even with that, the game has not changed enough to be wrong about most of those statements, which should, at least, be somewhat concerning to you :002:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
8 hours ago, HexWarfare said:

Biggest things are control schemes (controller vs KB/M) and ability to use sideways hovers.

On PC, hovers are simply better in every way. The few teams that do run spiders run a Mandrake in team to force hover teams to push into them. Mandrake is also very deadly against hovers.

Except ps4 can use side hovers just as well as pc.  They are almost expected to be used in diamond PvP.  I personally never bother to make my hovers sideways anymore.  Porcs don't need side hovers, and Helios uses Nova.  I'll probably make a sideways build when I get a third snowfall.... But then I hate redoing the button maps I have set for another game. 

If your cab isn't protecting almost all your hovers then side hover advantages aren't all that much compared to normal.  You get the same general hover block exposure.  Most pork and typhoon builds don't have much to gain at all from sidebuilds.  Maybe two blocks more exposure on the front in terms of frames.  Little thinner in some cases as well. But you still fall apart the same and build them pretty much the same aside from frame placements. 

• Confused 3

Ratio of confused faces and upvotes on posts from users that know what they talking about disgusts me.

Shameful display of console peasantry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

If anyone had a doubt about this debate, Vince siding with PC should make it clear PC is on the losing side.

To address some of the silly fallacies of PC fan bois:

1) aim assist is rarely used by decent or better players. It is more advantageous to aim yourself to account for movement and to aim for particular parts.

2) sideways hovers are almost all that is used outside of Nova builds. 

3) hover teams used to dominate but with all of the hover nerfs and leg buffs, leg builds climbed back into top tier. Weapons like reapers and mastodons are very complimentary to legs with their impressive tonnage and ultimately durability.

4) bigrams require practice to master. Yes, it is simple enough for a hover player to use bigrams but a good hover player is not inititally a good bigram user. Both movement and playstyle requires adjustment

• Confused 3
45 minutes ago, Claysdad said:

leg buffs

I thought ML200 got just only PS increase nerf. Am i wrong?

And guys. Can you stop arguing about which platform is better or worse?
If there is a difference, then comparison is meaningless. You can't say bench press is superior to overhead press.
Both have common in lifting heavy barbell but they are totally different and comparison is meaningless.

We haven't seen the Reaper copters in CW. I even tried to find any video but all plays of CW reaper copters were from Console. ( example 1 )
What does it mean? Of course, it just means different platform has different issue.

If you guys want to show how amazing your console or PC play is, then just make awesome montage video like this Russian guy

This kind of videos are helpful for attracting new players too.

Or compete in event with totally same condition such as Present Heist. (I think all enemy bots are exactly same regardless of the game platform.)

There are very few Present Heist videos regardless of game platform and only one video of round over 70 i could find was this. 

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Claysdad said:

If anyone had a doubt about this debate, Vince siding with PC should make it clear PC is on the losing side.

To address some of the silly fallacies of PC fan bois:

1) aim assist is rarely used by decent or better players. It is more advantageous to aim yourself to account for movement and to aim for particular parts.

2) sideways hovers are almost all that is used outside of Nova builds. 

3) hover teams used to dominate but with all of the hover nerfs and leg buffs, leg builds climbed back into top tier. Weapons like reapers and mastodons are very complimentary to legs with their impressive tonnage and ultimately durability.

4) bigrams require practice to master. Yes, it is simple enough for a hover player to use bigrams but a good hover player is not inititally a good bigram user. Both movement and playstyle requires adjustment

Are people honestly trying to suggest that legs are better than hovers?

Sometimes I wonder if these people have ever played CW...

The only way a spider team competes with a hover team is with a competent Mandrake player. Otherwise, the spiders are easily picked apart.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
9 minutes ago, HexWarfare said:

Are people honestly trying to suggest that legs are better than hovers?

Just the fact that legs\bigrams can get wedged makes it worse than hovers , not even talking about +50% top speed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
8 hours ago, h0zz said:

Just the fact that legs\bigrams can get wedged makes it worse than hovers , not even talking about +50% top speed.

Silly fella doesnt even understand how bigrams work. *Hint* there is no speed cap

Yes, legs can be wedged. Hovers can be hooked. It is essentially the same thing. 

PS players arent saying legs are superior to hovers. They also arent saying hovers are superior to all other parts. The fact is diff parts have diff strengths and roles. PC players failing to understand and capitalize on this doesnt make it less true.

• Confused 6
  • Upvote 1

On pc i see things like this: hovers counter spiders because of more mobility, melee mostly counters hovers, and you might say that spiders counter melee. That's not quite true (well, yea, hybrids will most likely lose against reapers), but firebugs, breakers can win against spiders quite easy. Must mention that 1st place in cw last week, was a melee clan

So, imo, in order to have better balance on pc, adjust melee first, then hovers.

• Upvote 4

Let's all just stop pretending we know what the game is like on platforms that we don't play on ok?  Some very wild assumptions being made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
6 hours ago, Claysdad said:

Yes, legs can be wedged. Hovers can be hooked. It is essentially the same thing. 

Cuz shooting a few parts sticking on the top and front of builds with low HP = getting wedged by wheeled builds that don't even have wedges

:lol:#10IQgang 

• Confused 3
1 minute ago, h0zz said:

Cuz shooting a few parts sticking on the top and front of builds with low HP = getting wedged by wheeled builds that don't even have wedges

:lol:#10IQgang 

I'm starting to see why Claysdad is claiming everywhere that hovers are underpowered

• Confused 1
On 1/11/2021 at 3:50 PM, Kope98 said:

People claiming ML needs big buffs cant play them, they are the second best tanky part in the game atm with no1 being bigrams as it seems (dont own them yet for personal combat testing).

I advocate for 5km/h speed buff for MLs plus some quality of life fixes i explained in another post. The small speed buff is just to bring them more on par with bigrams whose speed versatility seems to outclass MLs, but they really need nothing more than that.

• Confused 1

Can't say it enough, need seperate balancing on the different platforms and aim-assist needs to be disabled in Clan Wars. PlayStation is plagued by spiders due to the overbuffed durability of Reapers and survivability of Mastodons. Can't play a single thing in high PS without seeing multiple Bigram Reapers. Newly added Ashen Ring is a quick free win in Clan Wars for heavy durable spiders too. Devs set a precedent by giving consoles an extra drone nerf (which was great) but haven't separated balancing since. All good players use sideways hovers on PlayStation and they're everywhere, its false that we don't use them and already good people literally can't miss with the auto-aim. Maybe 1 melee team is lucky to take top 10 here and it's near the bottom, they can't regularly beat the spider teams that dump out Kapkans and uncloak with Reapers. Last setup I've seen, our perennial 1st place clan was using 2 hover Helios, 1 Reaper spider, 1 Mastodon spider. Rest of the top teams use mostly spiders with kapkans. Kinda sad that overbuffed legendaries are used more than relics these days in a game this old. On a side note, our scoring is completely broken too. Almost every match has a big point swing, some wins get like 6 points and losing takes away 40 etc, very harsh to lose, especially from a disconnect. You can be in 5th place and play multiple teams in the middle of gold league, or below 50th place, it's wild. You can go 7-3 and have negative 20 score here. 300 or so clans compete, for reference. And CW is very dead after Thurs since all the booster Levi cheese teams quit early. First place hits 1200, 10th is around 900, where I've seen PC top 10 is like 700 something, correct me if I'm mistaken. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1