Jump to content

If you can't fix Kapkan, then disable it until you do!


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

For those that don't know, since the latest update, the Kapkan not only catches you, but often completely disables your wheels, most often preventing you from getting into a position where you can shoot it or drive over it and you can't try to dodge enemy fire since you can't move at all.

it hasn't happened to me but it seems it happens because of this bug.

Your car's weight exceeded mass limit somehow when Kapkan captured you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Your car's weight exceeded mass limit somehow when Kapkan captured you.

When the build exceeds its mass limit, the movement is extremely slowed down, but the Kapkan completely disables your movement keys basically - Hoding W or S does nothing, the whells don't start to turn and the cabin's engine makes no sound - that doesn't happen when you exceed mass limit.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Never happened to me but have you tried open a bug report with video proof and post the logs?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't noticed this, but if its happening it's clearly a bug.

They also can't just "disable it until its fixed".  Remember how they removed Chase to "fix" it?  yeaaahh..

  Its the only item in the game preventing close range from completely dominating, so its necessary for it to stay in the game, even with its bug. .

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Never happened to me but have you tried open a bug report with video proof and post the logs?

A bug report has been posted weeks ago by a different player, that's why I posted the topic in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

They also can't just "disable it until its fixed".  Remember how they removed Chase to "fix" it?  yeaaahh..

If they disabled the Kancerpkan like they disabled Chase, it would be their best decision to date.

 

Edited by _Lemmy44_
Link to post
Share on other sites

if they remove kapkan form the game,keep in mind that if they do they wont give any refunds  for players who had kapkans ramdomly losing 2000 coins for literaly no reason at all is abd and will make a lot of players mad, so lets nerf it to uselessness instead it will be better than removing it, OR, let them fix the bug in the next update

that bug most of the times doesnt even afect me

Edited by davmax07
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, h0zz said:

sounds like its working just fine :popcorn:

Only if you're looking at it through S+M1 perspective.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

If the devs can't fix it, then they should disable the item from being allowed to be used until they can fix it.

They would have to disable half of the stuff in this game then :lol:

But yeah, like always, agree with you.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see this applied to everything that can't be fixed and basically get the entire game shut down for possibly ever since most of the issues with it have been here for literal years :lol:

 

Seems more like a bug than a new kapkan feature tho.. Still, sounds anoying as xxxx 

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

I would like to see this applied to everything that can't be fixed and basically get the entire game shut down for possibly ever since most of the issues with it have been here for literal years :lol:

 

Seems more like a bug than a new kapkan feature tho.. Still, sounds anoying as xxxx 

What game do you currently play?

and when you figure that out, then go post in that forum...

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

What game do you currently play?

and when you figure that out, then go post in that forum...

Your problem is that you play only 1 game and you don't know what forums of dead garbage abandoned games usually look like...

This forum looks just fine for the current state of xo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

Only if you're looking at it through S+M1 perspective.

Well if you have a mouse you can actually move your cursor to aim at the kapkans and press m1 to destroy them.

If you are playing with 2 keyboards to go 2xW its a bit harder

I guess its  harder to see the kaps with the detection\radar changes so dunno , but anything that makes fullW less viable is  great don't you think ?

Edited by h0zz
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

What game do you currently play?

and when you figure that out, then go post in that forum...

Cyberpunk, Battlefront II, thinking on getting Red Dead Redemption 2 on pc, Bloodborne, Rainbow Six, Elite Dangerous and a pretty long etc..

I'm fine posting wherever the xxxx I feel like it, thank you. 

 

 

Can you deny what I say tho? Have hovers not been an issue for years? Have wedges not been a problem for years? Have, spaced armor, lack of maps and content, overpriced packs, movement and weapons imbalance and a long as xxxx list of problems not been here for years? 

Since you keep track of me so well, I'm sure by this point you noticed I don't post about "newer" stuff, and just about things that have been here for probably longer than you've been playing ^^ 

Edited by xCrossFaith
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt use kapkans, i think, much at all if there wasnt cloak. 

Or if devs fixed fire, mele and shotguns to work like they should. No shotgun in the world should be able to rip off parts welded and bolted to our builds, in way shotguns for some odd reason do in the game, just like no flame thrower should be so effective and fast on anything but rubber and ammo boxes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

I wonder who are those who want to preserve broken things in the game.

Broken? 

 

Been using mine today and it works like a charm. 

  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

And another bug that should be fixed is Cuckpkans being invincible while placed underwater. Nothing tells you that you lost a "fair match" than driving on the edge of the water on Clean Island and getting caught on an underwater mine that throws you into the water and shuts your engine off while you take double damage...

10 hours ago, h0zz said:

but anything that makes fullW less viable is  great don't you think ?

At this point? Absolutely not. Press W is the necessary consequence of the Press S domination. Press W teams become rarer and rarer sights in top 100 CW every week. At this point, I'd rather face Firebugs every game rather than endless waves of S+M1 with Cuckpkans.

10 hours ago, h0zz said:

Well if you have a mouse you can actually move your cursor to aim at the kapkans and press m1 to destroy them.

Even with a detector or verifier, you can only see them barely farther than the distance a Cuckpkan can catch you, which means that the mine might be lower than you can aim and shooting at it also means that you are not shooting at the enemy while the enemy is happy to be shooting at you. When you are approaching an enemy, there are usually at least two Cuckpkans on the ground already and they aren't always easy to see and by the time you destroy them, the enemy has already pooped out one or two more while also having dealt you 1000+ damage.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Broken? 

 

Been using mine today and it works like a charm. 

Yes, it is broken. It's a bugged crutch, just like many other things. Just because you take benefit from it does not change a thing about it.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Until it does get fixed, try removing some mass from your vehicle. I’m not certain, but it seems like the cars I run that have spare tonnage don’t seem to be as impacted by this bug.

Also, heavy vehicles (with spare tonnage) easily break kapkan wires now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, davmax07 said:

if they remove kapkan form the game,keep in mind that if they do they wont give any refunds  for players who had kapkans ramdomly losing 2000 coins for literaly no reason at all is abd and will make a lot of players mad, so lets nerf it to uselessness instead it will be better than removing it, OR, let them fix the bug in the next update

that bug most of the times doesnt even afect me

Just because it doesn't happen to you does not mean it doesn't happen.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

Also, heavy vehicles (with spare tonnage) easily break kapkan wires now. 

Yes, but it's that patch that broke it for everybody else. If your light or medium cab stops (pretty much a given if someone drops multiple kapkans on you, as is the norm), then the engine shuts off and you won't move a centimeter anymore (and usually die on the spot). Skinner has the same bug, although depending on the target the skinner user may be the one affected instead of its target.

Edited by Snib
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HexWarfare said:

Just because it doesn't happen to you does not mean it doesn't happen.

I never said it doesn’t happen

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...