Incorrect "0 km/h" While Boosting+Braking

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw I always get "0 km/h" displayed when boosting+braking at the same time, even when the car is actually still moving very quickly.
What you expected to see Real km/h displayed when boosting+braking, rather than 0 km/h.
Conditions in which error reproduce Make a car with multiple boosters, then do a test drive and attain a very high speed (e.g. > 200 km/h) then try to boost+brake at the same time.
Problem details This bug makes it difficult to plan how much braking you need to apply before Cockpit's 140% damage bonus is turned off once the car is slower than 75 km/h.
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug  

Edited by Trajos
4 hours ago, The_Doomsday said:

speedometer calculates the speed by wheel rotation.

This. Also note that distance traveled perks are calculated the same way. 

On 1/28/2021 at 11:19 AM, Snib said:

This. Also note that distance traveled perks are calculated the same way. 

Cockpit's above 75 km/h bonus remains active however based on the speed of the vehicle, and not based on the rotation speed of the wheels showing 0 km/h.

5 minutes ago, Trajos said:

Cockpit's above 75 km/h bonus remains active however based on the speed of the vehicle, and not based on the rotation speed of the wheels showing 0 km/h.

Yes, that's the same for all other speed-based perks, too. Rotation speed is only for distance traveled perks, as I mentioned.

Just to be clear: I am not arguing against this bug report, I fully agree with you that this should get fixed.

• Upvote 1

Talking about speedometer, this is probably how it's meant to work. Speedometers in real life can't measure your flying speed, for example, if you'd send the car falling off a cliff. The reason why in real life speedometers normally keep showing your speed when braking, is because in real life it's more efficient to brake smoothly, without locking the wheels. If you'd lock the wheels while sliding, you'd see the same result.

Edited by The_Doomsday
On 2/2/2021 at 9:35 PM, The_Doomsday said:

Talking about speedometer, this is probably how it's meant to work. Speedometers in real life can't measure your flying speed, for example, if you'd send the car falling off a cliff. The reason why in real life speedometers normally keep showing your speed when braking, is because in real life it's more efficient to brake smoothly, without locking the wheels. If you'd lock the wheels while sliding, you'd see the same result.

In real life you'd not have Cockpit cabin that suddenly causes all your mounted guns to deal 140% more damage once you pass the 75 km/h threshold either. I need something that's useful given the situation, not double-standards where one thing works like in real life (speedometer), while the other thing is like some sort of magic fairytale that gives you 140% damage above 75 km/h - but you're blindfolded and don't know how much speed you can sacrifice before the bonus damage is disabled.