[Development blog] Syndicate. New parts of the future faction. Part 1

Woodyrojo

4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Legendary impulse cannon
So, this is a weapon of legendary rarity, consuming an incredible 11 units of energy! What do we get for this price? Quite massive, durable and accurate weapon with shot charging mechanics. The duration of charging a shot will affect not only the damage inflicted, but also the weapon itself and your armored vehicle. How? We are going to find out soon, in sha Allah.

Wow! That's a complete surprise! I hope it works with the Quantum's and the Photon's perks. And we're still getitng the rumored 11-energy relic mandrake with a cannon mode? :rolleyes:
As for the perk, it could provide some damage resistance to the weapon and the car - the longer it's charged, the stronger/longer the effect.

2025415244_NewBattlePass.jpg.4739f20f2ef

My bet is this weapon will be the OP item in the new Battle Pass.:ohmy: To be 'fixed' after 75 days. :laugh: Definitely not the wheels or the cabin...

Special wheels with negative camber

Seeing as special wheels have less grip than epic ones - it should be an advantage in drifting competitions, where the higher grip parameter of epic wheels could be a problem at those speeds.

Epic wheels capable of moving in any direction (with strafe mechanics)
You will not be able to reach the maximum possible speed on these wheels.

Maybe these wheels could have faster acelleration, since they're equipped with all these rollers? To make up for lower maximum speeds.

Light epic cabin

I think this cabin will boost the car's accelleration and improve braking, as well as extending the drift distance. And what's that module in front of the cabin? A new engine?

2 hours ago, davmax07 said:

I hope the heavy 3-point generator comes

Not in this Battle Pass. It will be released later this year, as already announced by the developers. A picture of a lightweight 4-energy generator with the parameters window was leaked in March 2020, if not earlier, but for now we have to wait for this more durable 3-energy one, before the lightweight 4-energy one is finally released, maybe in 2022... :crazy:

2 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

can we expect a nerf to “cockpit” cab?

What's so OP about that cabin that should be nerfed? I don't see it being OP in PvP. If it's still too powerful in leviathans, there should only be a special nerf introduced for using it to build them.

Edited by Omega616
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RoughMonkey said:

it has to hit as hard than 2 legendary items to even be worth it. And with the weird charge up thing they keep trying push on us, I think that it needs to at lest hit as hard as double scorp to work.

Tbh I really like the charging mechanic, and that's what I'm thinking.. If it does the damage of a Scorpion, for almost double the energy wont be worth it, but if it hits harder than one, it's pretty much granted to be op.. This is going to be a pretty hard one to get in a good spot it seems 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

Tbh I really like the charging mechanic, and that's what I'm thinking.. If it does the damage of a Scorpion, for almost double the energy wont be worth it, but if it hits harder than one, it's pretty much granted to be op.. This is going to be a pretty hard one to get in a good spot it seems 

scorpion but without penetration and instead a big blast radius

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

scorpion but without penetration and instead a big blast radius

Like gauss rifle from fallout 3 ? 

Edited by RYANCQQPER

Stop hating on charging mechanisms, it's excellent gameplay when properly done, it's just that Summators and Assemblers are poorly balanced and offer one clear, better way to use the weapon.

Which brings up to my point: If you do another charging weapon and that it's again only useful in the last 10% of the charging bar, what's the point, Targem? You should try to make Summators and Assemblers effective over the whole course of the charging bar before making new ones.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

WOooOwwWwW now I GET IT!     In order to nerf the superiority of hovers and fix the imbalances to movement parts in this game the solution is to create another broken movement part like the multidirectional wheels. That's why the recent buff to augers and the continuous buffs to tracks is to somehow make them equal to hovers and legs. Will the augers go backwards in the same realistic speed as the small tracks? I would like to plow/plough the infertile earth of the wasteland in a matter of minutes and plant some potatoes.
Also i thought this was more of a hardcore post-apocalyptic Mad Max style game NOT some generic sci-fi mumbo jumbo.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

in one of the past q&a (on redit) devs say about 2 relics one new canon and  the other one, single shot shotgun (relic nidhog) why u devs make this weapon legendary?????

Question: When will the relic blasters and autocannons arrive?

Designer’s answer: There are plans for a single-shot shotgun and a new cannon that has no analogues in the game.

Edited by Eljesu007
  • Upvote 1

Legendary pulse cannon - 11 units ...? ...they must be crazy ... it would have to be a superweapon that destroys half the build in one shot. It certainly won't be. I am very, very curious about the real efficiency, there will definitely be some limitations ... probably again a long charge or something else.

Epic wheels - interesting, we'll see how the steering will actually behave. But speed limits ... that's not good.

hmm, we'll see

Edited by Baba_Aga

29 minutes ago, Zhetesh@psn said:

When Skinner 1 energy and a perk for it?

When Firebug is 6 energy.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

i like seeing new stuff added to the game, but that aside we need more activities to do in crossout. yeah the new seasons upon us soon and itll give us stuff to do for the time being, however id like to have more options in raids, side quests, side missions, and new modes.

id really love a mode where we can fight in a colosseum with 4 people or defend our base from waves of enemies, or a capture the flag kind of mode. there isnt much to do in the game apart from pvp, raids and levi battles (which nobody does really). id even opt for a way to make leviathans usable in raids. soloing a raid or doing a duo in a raid using your leviathan.

id just like a new mode added to the game that doesnt use up fuel (like the christmas event that didnt use fuel). i think it would make the game more fun because it is pretty bland right now. sorry to say that but its true.

there are a ton of ideas for new modes that can be added. and im hoping you all will work on a new mode while the season goes on.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Zhetesh@psn said:

When Skinner 1 energy and a perk for it?

Skinner is literally the strongest epic weapon behind Kapkans, go home.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Upvote 1

will there even be enough content to fill the typical 70+ levels like in recent seasons? so far it doenst look like it, unless a bunch of old structure parts are brought back to fill some 50 levels with content.

why not return the founders season and add the new parts in there?

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Confused 1

I think I’m actually more excited about the special wheels and the cabin than I am about the omniwheels and the big gun.

Griffon and Hermits have really been fun for me, but I would be very happy if I could go even faster (without having to use boosters). Adjustable suspension sounds really fun, especially if it’s more about handling than just making the car bounce. 

57 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Skinner is literally the strongest epic weapon behind Kapkans, go home.

If you really think that... YOU can go home now... And you know... Learn to play... :dntknw: :lol:

:17:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

h78Zko9xnAE.jpg.5707c7895068932003c99902

For me , if the Omniwhells have limited speed , they are just a toy for 1 week and usless after in game up than 6k PS and cause you will do this " Epic" , they will be totaly usless in lot of situation cause PS too much high than the other players with movement parts with more speed  , wait and see the acceleration rate and max speed , maybe im wrong , i wish ....

Edited by LOoD
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

This lightweight and stylish cabin will definitely appeal to all speed and drift enthusiasts. Yes, the drift! How do you think they will be connected? It will be interesting to read your guesses, and we will find out the correct answer soon in future publications.

Sideways?

Are you really going to rub sideways in our faces with this new cabin. Please say it ain't so...

Edited by Rico_MJ
  • Upvote 1

To everyone moaning "only 4 parts?" the whole news is titled Part 1, so expect Part 2 with more. Sheesh, some people look for any excuse to complain even when all i can think these look like great interesting additions. 

Still got fingers crossed for new relics too as sold scorps to be ready just incase. But if not, looks good so far either way. 

Id hope the devs try to balance these carefully though as these have potential to shake metas a lot. Rather than bring em OP and then gradually nerf until weak (like Pulsars/Flutes/Nests the list goes on and on). 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

A legendary? Well that was unexpected...being 11 energy, I thought it was going to be a relic for a later release. I'm both interested in it....and concerned. If a fused version of this is included in the battlepass, that means matches are going to be swarmed with it since people only needs one. 

People are also underestimating its size. Mammoth and Mastadons are large...but they're also stubby. Since barrels counts towards hitboxes now,  "massive" is a reasonable description  for this and it appears it wont be able to be armored. Its durability is going have to be very high to be viable. A impulse cannon though? Looks more like a Gauss cannon, although I suppose the same principal applies since "impulse" simply means a sudden push.  I'm hoping its durability is high enough to be used on spooders. 

I was concerned that Mechanum wheels was going to have a speed limit, a slower reverse speed (like other wheels) would have been enough to balance them while allowing  them to have the  niche of having the fastest straft in the game.  But now it looks like they're just going to be wheel version of hovers.  I suspect that's the intention of them though. 

3 hours ago, NIGHTMARE_LD50 said:

WOooOwwWwW now I GET IT!     In order to nerf the superiority of hovers and fix the imbalances to movement parts in this game the solution is to create another broken movement part like the multidirectional wheels. That's why the recent buff to augers and the continuous buffs to tracks is to somehow make them equal to hovers and legs. Will the augers go backwards in the same realistic speed as the small tracks? I would like to plow/plough the infertile earth of the wasteland in a matter of minutes and plant some potatoes.
Also i thought this was more of a hardcore post-apocalyptic Mad Max style game NOT some generic sci-fi mumbo jumbo.

They've tried the "Let's nerf hovers!" approach again and again and again. It's time for them to move on and start making some long needed buffs to other parts then come back to hovers again, if needed.  Also yes, this is a post-apocalyptic styled game, just like Fallout is..with its lasers, gauss rifles, airships, robots, etc.  This has never been intended to be a   Mad Max game, it's loosely based on Hard Truck Apocalpyse and the background lore even deals with alien experimentation (Crossout virus) and sentient AI. (Ravagers) 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

The gauss cannon will have no explosive proc, same as the scorp. It will reduce cabin power when charging and shots have substantial impulse (like a crossbow) with increased damage and recoil when charged.

the cabin will have increased power when turning.

and the wheels will be gimmick legs or hover on steroids, and nothing in between.

Juggling the same stats and mechanics over and over again for 4 years straight, I can't say I'm surprised this game so dead.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

That's what I always wanted, a single high energy weapon so I can make my vehicle as compact as possible! I'm really looking forward to see it ingame!

The rest of the stuff looks awesome as well, I hope there's a lot of new structure parts too!

Yep, I'm kinda tired of vehicles mounting multiple huge weapons, leads to size bloating. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Clebardman said:

Stop hating on charging mechanisms, it's excellent gameplay when properly done, it's just that Summators and Assemblers are poorly balanced and offer one clear, better way to use the weapon.

Which brings up to my point: If you do another charging weapon and that it's again only useful in the last 10% of the charging bar, what's the point, Targem? You should try to make Summators and Assemblers effective over the whole course of the charging bar before making new ones.

That is my fear, that these guns will work like Assemblers, which are entirely useless without very aggressive builds like hovers. Assemblers are only useful for half a second after I've charged them for 4 seconds. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Ohhhh man, I am gonna be all over those wormdriven wheels......mymain build is titled "Project Wormsled" for areason haha I love augers! And now....these wheels! <3 woohoo!

• Confused 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.