[Development blog] Syndicate. New parts of the future faction. Part 2

Woodyrojo

The tracking device and the lightsaber are nice and unique ideas. But this new faction has no weapons for me to play. It has only the legendary laser cannon with which i can actually point and shoot smtg and i don't like cannons. Also i will need a month to craft it...      Maybe stop adding new things in game and balance the old ones?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Unless dev totally rework the all AI weapons, people will think drones and turrets are pesky and stupid.
And it is true.

The biggest difference between turrets & drones in Crossout and turrets & drones designed well in other games, is the control and proficiency.
In other games, carelessly placed turrets can't do anything. It will be attacked and terminated instantly by enemies.
But under the control of good user, they can do really good job as well as other weapons.

I don't think Crossout turrets and drones require any skill or understanding.

The best of them is always worse than the others. 

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Upvote 5

As much as I wanna say about the drone is that you can control it yourself and it is a nice concept to see.

My myself I am quite excited about the update, new cabs, weapons and modules.

I have 1800+ hours on the record and I have seen the fiasco with drones BUT I may say, why to make such fuss about it? I know it is frustrating to see some weapons like these and everyone using them.

Eventually the Kapkan will get fixed soon and I mean a legendary minelayer to fill up the faction tree is a good thing. Filling up every weapon class/tier with different weapons can have a good/negative impact on a game.

Anyways, so far as I have played around 7000-18k games, I barely even see drones, even when I play below them because nobody really uses them. Also drones are so easy to counter in this game too and are not so valuable.

Seeing a new tracking device that is anti-cloak like verifier but it disables you from cloaking, basically like a jammer. It is a good counter for dogs because we see a lot of melee/close combat builds rather than shooting ones with range and it gives a some sort of balance for Clan wars too. Tin league is right now one of the hardest leagues in the game and it can boost up some rating in general

Legendary cabin that boost speed/power. Similar to Omnibox and Cohort but speed can have a incredible impact on your build. Yes people may get pissed about the new cab that buffs hovers but did you forget we get Omni-directional wheels as well that are like ground hovers. also probably are faster than hovers as well and can catch up to them. 

I understand people leaving the game and see things as unfair update/balances but how you can be so sure if you haven't tried? How do you know you won't benefit something from using them? Yes, you may lose money until they get nerfed  etc, but for buying battle pass, ain't so much of a waste of money rather than investing loads of money on packs and coins.

I may get a lot of hate for this comment but I said what I had to say. 

Just don't lose hope on the game, it is still free to play game that includes of in-game purchases. Be happy you didn't pay 50€ for this game

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DarkyPasta said:

As much as I wanna say about the drone is that you can control it yourself and it is a nice concept to see.

My myself I am quite excited about the update, new cabs, weapons and modules.

I have 1800+ hours on the record and I have seen the fiasco with drones BUT I may say, why to make such fuss about it? I know it is frustrating to see some weapons like these and everyone using them.

Eventually the Kapkan will get fixed soon and I mean a legendary minelayer to fill up the faction tree is a good thing. Filling up every weapon class/tier with different weapons can have a good/negative impact on a game.

Anyways, so far as I have played around 7000-18k games, I barely even see drones, even when I play below them because nobody really uses them. Also drones are so easy to counter in this game too and are not so valuable.

Seeing a new tracking device that is anti-cloak like verifier but it disables you from cloaking, basically like a jammer. It is a good counter for dogs because we see a lot of melee/close combat builds rather than shooting ones with range and it gives a some sort of balance for Clan wars too. Tin league is right now one of the hardest leagues in the game and it can boost up some rating in general

Legendary cabin that boost speed/power. Similar to Omnibox and Cohort but speed can have a incredible impact on your build. Yes people may get pissed about the new cab that buffs hovers but did you forget we get Omni-directional wheels as well that are like ground hovers. also probably are faster than hovers as well and can catch up to them. 

I understand people leaving the game and see things as unfair update/balances but how you can be so sure if you haven't tried? How do you know you won't benefit something from using them? Yes, you may lose money until they get nerfed  etc, but for buying battle pass, ain't so much of a waste of money rather than investing loads of money on packs and coins.

I may get a lot of hate for this comment but I said what I had to say. 

Just don't lose hope on the game, it is still free to play game that includes of in-game purchases. Be happy you didn't pay 50€ for this game

Cheers

37 minutes ago, oODesertEagleOo said:

First time i write here. When i see what you bring now into the game again...then I get the feeling you devs dont play the game or you do the surveys to find out what players dont whant and then do exactly this...split the community to divide and conquer??...you never fix the real problems like match making (10k vs 12k scorp everyday. expecally when you are in a group and 12k vs 15-16 k often destroys the fun) At night you are forced to play 12k up cause then match making is totally broken. When you play solo you get rewarded with better match making. Kapkan still bugged sometimes, maps are only good for long range mostly, too big, too open. Island map have this acid lake for hovers that camp in clan wars on on it. Hermes and cockpit cabin still get abused in leviathan clan wars and its boring and very expensive that everybody have to use it to have a chance...Assembler is too strong expecally at 10k ps or lower on hover at the current maps. (destroys 80% of the team often) Retcher is too strong with 6500 dps in 10 sec! There are way to much auto aiming rockets now with dusk cabin in the game and it steal much of your fun...even you drive with a spark or flash and cloak its high chance to get hit or killed by it. Why not reduce the rocket range from hurricanes after you delete faster "beeping sound" for the auto rockets so you dont even know how close the rockets are? Whanna make the rockets invisible maybe next?! They camp at base and shoot and hide...this is super annoying and have nothing to do with skill. You can not even kill the rockets when they come from the sky and was shooted vertically. They drive with tracks and pyres and cloak to your back or side and shoot one time then half build is gone with theyr dusk cabin. You made the game to a "non aiming - no skill game" and now you put even more auto aim stuff in the game...more drones...minelayer. Seems you make more money with bad players then good players or why you do that?...theres much more bad players then good players it seems...so you give them all this toys that make the game easy for them...and same time you ignore the good players that whant skill weapons and bug and balance fixes since a very long time now. They whant fairness and skill based gameplay. Last time everybody was crying about the annihilators and grenadier bevore...what you did? You made an drone event! Porcupine need more power score cause you can play 3 porcupine side build hover with cloak and echo at 9999 ps...you can one or 2 shot most enemys then. Same more and more Breaker with favourite cabin at 10k with the perk its super overpowered...Why you dont do a relic cap up to 12k ps?? After 12k you can use relics then. Spiders are still weak in compare to hovers or melees even they are most cool looking movement in the game imo. Only cause they are slower. Melees can kill even a 60K coins clan wars hover with just some epic lances...or with remedy. Plus a flash or spark you cant even run. They can catch you from the side with the blades and push you until the frames are gone and you are dead. So what is the logic to fuse all the things get better weapons up to relict weapons in the game that are 8 times to 10 times more expensive then legendarys, when you can get killed by even epic weapons in a few seconds? I whant first of all that you fix the weaponbalance, maps, bugs and match making bevore you bring anything else in the game! You give awards for your GameMasters or CommunityMasters that cant give any information about anything when you ask them...(my experience at least)...not even "ingame stuff" they know. You reward them with special banner backgrounds and color for theyr "long time of service"...but players with more then 3000 or even 5000 hours of crossout that spend all theyr time, money and energie in clan wars and pvp/pve for years now, they get what?? They must live now with all your changes they saw over the years...They get nothing for theyr "long time of service"...only more and more bad changes in the game that steal the fun away. sorry for my english. Eagle out. :torpedo:

You're right, you're right, you're right ....etc

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

“Legendary” minelayer

Here is another part that can cause trouble for enemies at a distance. This launcher will hurl special mines to the area you selected, and a turret will harpoon enemies within its area of effect. The cable itself is not difficult to break, but that is not the point: an electric current is passed through the cable, causing damage and slowing down the enemy’s vehicle. And, what’s more interesting — you can launch the mines even while being invisible.

What does this mean in terms of cable strength; will it snap with any tension applied or is it the same as a Kapkan? Additionally, if it does snap with any tension, then are the cables longer to allow the electric effect time to be effective?

• Upvote 1

Do you know what is worse than drones ?

Players who always complain about them.

Same about Crossout in general, Always the same players complaining about the game, yet they are always here playing. Why can't you quit the game once for all if you're not happy with it? @Robocraftman@jellymix that's for you, among others.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, betley09 said:

very nice, but turn off the aim assist lol

hahaha I agree, my friend plays with controller and her aim is atrocious but she got into missiles and now never misses. Bye bye skilled snipers. 

However unlike most people here, I'm really excited for the new stuff and I hope these aren't the only new weps but it will be ok if they are because we still have other stuff from past updates. It is possible there will also be new anti-drone stuff (bit like the Argus) so maybe it wont be so bad. It would be really good if all this stuff would be included in the Battlepass

2 hours ago, Herzog_Mamo said:

Cohort perk doesn't stack (on pc) and I don't know who was the first one to spread this fake news as I thought so myself until I tested it with the help of 3 players.

tenor.gif.7165499e6b5fe75f207befdf43479cy

Its not about stacking the effect, put activating it one after the other, making the effect basically permanent.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Same about Crossout in general, Always the same players complaining about the game, yet they are always here playing. Why can't you quit the game once for all if you're not happy with it? @Robocraftman@jellymix that's for you, among others.

I stay to play with my friends. As soon as there's a suitable alternative I expect we will leave.

While I'm here i have the right to be unhappy about bad decisions...

As far as I can tell pretty much nobody is happy with the items announced today anyway (very understandable)

Let's hope they are bundled with some serious balance work...

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Maybe cause same like others OLD players ( not same like you ) played than few years , help the game to be better with real money inject , love the game , do grow this game and want better game for all , and not only in Patrol , can have the right to say what they want .... what's wrong with you , you always say " devs are the best " ok at your level maybe , but for other is not same , so let's people be free to say their opinion too  :014:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

You're right. Well, when we are dissatisfied, and we want to somehow influence the development of this game, we can do a simple thing. We will agree en masse and stop playing this game for 1 month! How many players are playing this game? A few thousand? The question is who is willing to do this and endure it ...?! An individual cannot do anything, but a mass of people can!

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jellymix said:

I stay to play with my friends. As soon as there's a suitable alternative I expect we will leave.

While I'm here i have the right to be unhappy about bad decisions...

As far as I can tell pretty much nobody is happy with the items announced today anyway (very understandable)

Like there is no better game than Crossout for you at the moment ? Very flattering for the Devs actually ! I see you can also gives compliments, I was wrong about you.

You have the right to whine, and you have the right to say some positive stuff as well. As you are still playing you must have some good stuff to say, otherwise you are just masochist :laugh: so don't be shy !

There's a handful of players on a 4 hours old post, and there's several thousands of players, so don't say **** like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

This is horrible, none asked for another drone

why dont you read first and see what this drone is , 

first its a turret launcher - it means it can be destroyed unlike hidden drone box in the middle of car

second What if it highlights the target with a laser pointer while attacking so if its like drones attack only when you point laser on enemy then this is good design

also devs I RLY HOPE you will add new garage parts for race range, sloped turns , tunels , 360 loop and also increase space for building in garage

maybe gm could take top 50 ranges from exhibition and filter them for race brawl

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I personally am very excited for the new items. They have the potential to have meaningful impact on gameplay. More gameplay options are always better (as long as they don't drive others to extinction).

It would appear that much of the pessimism around the new items relates to issues from previous Battle Passes.

The issue with Annihilator (season 1) was that the hitbox was very small. When it was increased to make it easier to shoot down, the "drone-pocalypse" was brought under control.

I didn't notice any big issues with season 2.

The weapon Nest (season 3) was bugged (passing through structure parts), and it was a big issue in Missions until the bugfix came.

I doubt the new drone will have the same issue that Annihilator did, and the chance for a bug as severe as what Nest had is also very slim.

The new minelayer sounds scary, but we haven't seen it in action, and we also haven't seen its stats. Calm down, everyone.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

I think that we cannot expect more. The trend of last events is to much evident and no more surprises should be expected. Why insist on creating new weapons when those existing in the game still have balance issues? In last event (not Christmas), Nest rocket launcher was nerfed just before everyone who purchased the cheapest battle pass was able to craft it. Why the balance problems are always solved in the same direction? Why introducing new, 2nd line,  items when you have the experience of launching a lot of weapons that are not used by players, or used once for a while, just for fun? Most of the players opinion, showing their general disappointment, shows something about the strategy that is being followed for this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

What i concern about trend of balance patch in Crossout is...
the rock-paper-scissors in the game. X is absolutely vulnerable and has no chance against Y, Y is weak against Z..., Z is killed by X...
Balance of this game shouldn't be designed like this.

The weak and strong should be determined by situation and environment, not type of vehicles.
I will give you example.

The strong defense line and long distance must be advantageous for Mandrake or Auto cannon builds.
When this situation is remained, they must be strong against melee builds.

When their defense line is collapsed and they can't keep distance, it must be advantageous for melee builds.

Things should be like this.

The problem of drones and turrets is, none of situations is advantageous for them.

They are just always same. This is why they are so pesky regardless of their performance.
(Weak drones & turrets such as Owol is pesky. Strong drones such as Annihilator is also pesky.)

I hope dev is working on balance now.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Upvote 1

I like the more support oriented direction, the tracker   and the cabin (Even if its perk is just a modified version of Omnibox's...). The melee weapon also seems interesting. But I  have to share the same thoughts as many others:

The game really did not need more drones and it certainly didn't need more things that slows down the gameplay.  Being able to launch the SparKap mine while invisible is especially going too far.  Things like this removes room for tactical decisions, it doesn't increase it. 

The wording of the drone and mine is concerning as well. "Area you select" ?  So is this implying one can merely click on a section on the map and it automatically fires them there? Please say no. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Turrets and drones are support weapons, they aren't OP and that's why we don't see them in CW.

Grenadiers and Anihilators have been nerferd enough to rank them to this category.

But I know it's not gonna stop you to whine

• Like 5
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Turrets and drones are support weapons, they aren't OP and that's why we don't see them in CW.

Grenadiers and Anihilators have been nerferd enough to rank them to this category.

But I know it's not gonna stop you to whine

Annihilators are support weapons, yes. (Just one is all a build needs really) But the others? Not so much. 

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.