Battlefield Etiquette

Kungfugrip

I haven't found a guide like this in our forums, I may have missed it, but I think it's much needed. 

Most of this will apply to pvp, but also applies to pve. 

The most basic of etiquette starts with being aware of your surroundings and leaving room for your team to manuever. Pushing, flipping, bumping your teammates is not only frustrating for them but it's costing your team time and dps. Try to leave room for all. 

Make efforts to support your team, again being aware is key, flip teammates upright if you see, provide support to teammate who's getting double or triple teamed. Be a meat shield if u have the durability. Try to unwedge wedged teammates. Wedge or ram an enemy and hold them there while your team focus fire, Ect ect. There are a ton of ways to be helpful and supportive in combat without firing a single shot. Even half dead and no weapons you can make a difference. 

Emotes and horns. Using emotes seems pointless when playing with randoms, but don't give up, there are a few of us who actually pay attention. Please don't spam emotes or your horn. Both should be used only when the situation calls for it. Don't be "that guy". Nobody likes hearing a continuous loop of "hahahahaha" or "duun dundundun duuuun" through the entire match. 

Don't block your teammates fire, again back to being aware of your surroundings, nothing's more frustrating than an entire missle barrage smacking harmlessly into a teammate who darted right in front of you as u pulled trigger. So be aware of who has what weapon and where they are. Leave them room to do some dps. 

Don't be kill hungry, that bot that's almost dead and headed towards ur base will be killed by your bot guarding ur base. Don't be the guy who turns his back to the real battle front just to get an easy kill. Same for wounded helpless players. Just leave them till the real threats are dealt with. And try not to steal kills, true it's hard, but definitely don't make it a point to steal someone's hard work. 

Don't leave the match just because you want easy rss with little effort. First off, you will get ahead faster by trying, the game gives bare minimum rss and exp if u just "show up". It gives max if you put in the effort. This point is not arguable, the game is designed to reward efforts. Fact.  Secondly you cost your team when u leave early, regardless of what some think this game demands teamwork to get max rewards. On all levels, from newb to CW it's all about teamwork. If you don't get that then you're a detriment to your team. Fact

And one last thing, voice chat in groups, try to keep the chatter down during a battle, provide information that's helpful, don't yell, and don't freak out. In general don't be a distraction, you will find yourself muted and not invited bk if you are. Nobody wants to play with the angry screaming guy or the guy who's talking the whole match to his GF in the background. And get used to using words like "excuse me" or "oh sorry that was an accident" or "dang didn't mean to steal your kill" because stuff will happen no matter how aware you are, at least let your group know it wasn't intentional. 

Being helpful has its in game rewards, but more than that it's rewarding to know you made a difference, other players will notice this also. Be assured that reputations ARE made on the battlefield, my clan is full of players I invited just because of their etiquette. Many clans and groups won't allow certain players in just because of their bad etiquette. 

Proper etiquette makes matches go smoother, even if you don't win. It's an overall better experience for all if you use etiquette. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Kungfugrip said:

Being helpful has its in game rewards, but more than that it's rewarding to know you made a difference, other players will notice this also. Be assured that reputations ARE made on the battlefield, my clan is full of players I invited just because of their etiquette. Many clans and groups won't allow certain players in just because of their bad etiquette. 

Oh you got that right. Years ago lots people on xbox pretty much called me the players guide cause i was doing fusion/raid guides and knew almost everything about the game. I cant tell you how many people have given me their rides and i reworked em into fighting fit rigs. I still love going into the easy raids with flying broadside battleships and x-wings to insipre them and help em through without farming everything for myself haha.

Especially on xbox where there is a much smaller player pool your name can get tossed around. If your a drunkard who cant play the game without 8 beers in you and can hardly cooperate during your blurred solo charge, youll be losing companions quickly no matter how powerful your rig is, and if your that guy who drive past a flipped teammate to chase a bot kill, they will remember it and leave you behind next time you need help

One thing i can tell you everyone who plays this game is crazy in their own right and you gotta find the crazy you fit in with and keep your nose clean cause word travels fast between players in a small community and your not as alone as you may think when you **** off your allies being all about yourself.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Steal all of my kills that you want. I just want you helping out, so if that means you are getting the kill, I am happy with that. I focus more on the win than the kill, so steal away.

Do not hide in the back until your team is dead. Yeah, you might be able to get an easy kill, but you are doing so at the expense of your teammates and likely the W. If one person hides, that makes it a 5 V 6. If 2 hide, that makes it a 4 V 6. If three hide...

It seems obvious to me that people that hide in the back are using their teammates as bait and are not working as a team. Any kills they get would have meant a teammate would still be alive had they participated in the battle with their teammates.

If someone comes and saves you from a wedge or melee, do not just watch them fight that person for you. Do damage, help out your teammate.

Positioning is important for victory. Having an advantageous position helps to secure the W. You can not do this if you are not moving towards the objective as soon as the match starts.

Do not intentionally shoot teammates. While FF is not on, that person may look to see if it is friend or foe shooting at them. This could lead them to not be able to take shots that they normally would.

Do not take junk builds into matches. If you car is a one shot and to cover this you hide in the back, you are likely not helping your team much.

When looking at how much damage you should be doing, think in terms of thousands, not hundreds. So, if you are at the back of the map shooting with your autocannons and are scoring 100 Hp of damage every minute or so, you are not helping much.

Focus on objectives. Trying to hunt down kills is not nearly as effective as forcing the enemy to come to you and assault your position. If they have no choice but to go into the cap zone or lose, you have an advantage.

All in all, just try to do damage for as much of the match as possible. Driving around does not help out the win (except when you are moving to a position that gives you an advantage).

• Like 1

Oh and if your weapons get wiped, do not just stop and sit waiting to be killed. I have killed 2 enemies with my passive melee after being wiped and secured the win. You can also use your vehicle to hinder the enemy movement, tip them over or self destruct while on/under them. And of course, you can cap.

There are options once your weapons are wiped.

• Like 1