[Developer blog] What awaits survivors in the foreseeable future?

Woodyrojo

• Developer

BlogEN.jpg

Hello, survivors!

Today, as usual, we would like to share the latest information on the upcoming update, confirm a number of guesses and dispel some doubts.

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all.

Dronapocalypse

015.jpg

Dronapocalypse will break out again in the Wasteland closer to April, and already familiar drones will acquire a new company! Don’t miss this event: when else can you become a drone fighting not only with your own kind and a powerful leviathan, but also with your own weapon and its recoil?

By the way, not only the list of available drones will be updated, but also the leviathans themselves and even the location where the battle takes place: new covers and trampolines will be added. Just what is needed for the fast drones and crazy maneuvers!

What else is planned for the next update:

There are rumours here and there of an unknown new survivor scouting the Valley in an armoured car very similar to Syndicate vehicles. Who is he: a member of the new faction or someone pursuing his own goals? We’ll find out soon.

...What? What new garage?!..

In the upcoming update, we plan to launch the ability of selecting a vehicle in clan battles. The choice will be limited to three pre-saved vehicles, and you can change them at the beginning of each next round. We remind you that this is an experimental mechanics based on a number of your suggestions.

We will closely monitor how clan battles change and make a final decision on the future of this mechanics based on the results of the observation.

In one of the nearest updates we are going to solve a fairly frequent issue of using wheels that do not touch the ground — on vehicles with hovers. We are not ready to share the details yet, but we will do so as soon as the variant of changes is close to the final one.

Looking into the future

213.jpg

As part of this blog, we would also like to share plans for the future of brawls. Here by brawls we mean those regular modes that are launched one after the other according to a previously known schedule: “Big black scorpions”, “Race”, etc.

Attention! At the moment, the changes in brawls do not have a specific scheduled date. For now we share our thoughts and plans with you, but the final version can be changed or be completely reworked. We will share additional information with you closer to the implementation of any changes.

We have always paid attention to your comments regarding the schedule and its variations over the entire existence of the game, as well as studied incoming suggestions at the same time. The following conclusions were drawn:

• The very concept of the schedule, given the many time zones and the number of brawls, is bound to be uncomfortable for a number of players.
  • During weekdays, not all of the players have the opportunity to participate in the brawl, even if its time window doesn’t occur during night or early morning.
  • The current number of regular brawls is too big. We would like to concentrate and develop those modes that the players would want to return to again and again because of the unique gameplay.

What is planned to be done?

• Reduce the number of regular brawls and leave only those modes that are most popular among players.
  • Turn brawls into weekend activities: each weekend, one of the brawls will be launched and will be available without interruptions during Saturday and Sunday.
  • Add unique and/or useful rewards for the player for winning in the brawl. It is quite possible that part of rewards can be obtained only in brawls.

This way, on weekends, you will always have the opportunity to participate in your favorite brawl at a convenient time, and receive a good reward for your efforts. And on weekdays when there may not be much time - to concentrate on “Missions” and “Raids”. What do you think about it? Share your opinion in the discussion!

That’s all for today. See you in future blogs and other news!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

• Woodyrojo changed the title to [Developer blog] What awaits survivors in the foreseeable future?

Hope you will fully redesign race brawl, here is my suggestion: 
Make special car for race (or add contest so people could make and vote) that will be used by ALL players, so race will be fair and fun for all players, no matter level or PS.
You can even make cart racing mode with [?] boxes on the road, which will give random single use weapons after you take it. I think it will be fun. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

In the upcoming update, we plan to launch the ability of selecting a vehicle in clan battles. The choice will be limited to three pre-saved vehicles, and you can change them at the beginning of each next round. We remind you that this is an experimental mechanics based on a number of your suggestions.

We will closely monitor how clan battles change and make a final decision on the future of this mechanics based on the results of the observation.

this is very nice...

32 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

In one of the nearest updates we are going to solve a fairly frequent issue of using wheels that do not touch the ground — on vehicles with hovers. We are not ready to share the details yet, but we will do so as soon as the variant of changes is close to the final one.

...but this is even better, hovers wont be that tough/tanky anymore with that free 1,5k tonnage with every hermit wheel

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi!
Taking advantage of the useful changes, they could try to change the matchmaker for normal PVP games, that those who have an extremely low level (that there are more and more players) play against others of the same level, and those who tend to win more (by level or by playing in a pre-made group). It gets VERY BORING to play alone, be the last to die and have the highest score for your team in ALL games and not be able to win them. This needs an urgent change NOW

Edit: When I say of the same level, I mean as players, not the PS

Edited by LethalHeadShot
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Holy moly. This is way more than i expected. Upvote.

Drone Apocalypse was nice brawl but there were quite many defects such as bad balance among drones and severe Vulnerability of the leviathan.
(90% of hp of leviathan could be blown up within a minute.)

Better Drone Apocalypse? I will love it. 

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

...What? What new garage?!..

Free garage or Pack exclusive garage? Well, whatever.

In ether case, i hope it provided player with much larger range than conventional garage. Rectangle range is too uncomfortable.
We should be able to build with wider creativity.

Don't apply this system in normal PVP until you guys balance the map designs. Or we will see more campers and will have bad time with annoying experience.

Also, each match will take longer. I prefer current light casual match making. (Of course, i hate some defects though...)

In one of the nearest updates we are going to solve a fairly frequent issue of using wheels that do not touch the ground — on vehicles with hovers/

Increasing tonnage of hover build by attaching the wheel ruined basic balance design of hovers.

Every parts have own pros and cons, and one of hover's cons is bad tonnage. This is how hover was designed to be balanced.
And simple way removing the disadvantage of part is totally wrong.

New change will improve the balance a little bit more.

• Turn brawls into weekend activities: each weekend, one of the brawls will be launched and will be available without interruptions during Saturday and Sunday.
  • Add unique and/or useful rewards for the player for winning in the brawl. It is quite possible that part of rewards can be obtained only in brawls.

This game does not have enough players for separated mode. Nowadays, i have seen same players in the games consecutively in RU sever.
There is no game in AS, AU, and NA server. Quite sad.

This change will help player finding the brawl match.
But i don't sure about reducing the number of brawl.

I hope you guys had a plan to attract new players in this game. it seems you guys failed so many times at doing that.

PS. i will send useless messages again.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

I love the Idea of choosing vechicles in a clan battle, but how will we be able to peek at the enemies lineup? Currently before battle starts we can see the opponents and plan the approach. If they have kapkans we need to watch the ground, if they are all rushers we have to assemble defense asap etc. But with multiple cars stretching the time to show them all would be a bit long. I think best solution to that would be showing thumbnails of enemy cars and showing the part-list scrolling under the thumbnails in priority cabin first, then armaments, then modules, sorted by rarity. This would allow most players to guess what type of car is on the thumbnail and what compositions can enemies choose.

All of this with choosing our own lineup and selecting the vechicles will take up quite a bit more time than what we currently have, battles start right after after showing the enemy cars, so perhaps 15-20 more minutes added to clan war sessions would compensate for the added complexity :3

There is also the problem of loading, as some players in clan war load-up as late as few seconds into the first round. During WM sometimes my buddies didn't load up fast enough to choose the cars - this issue should be solved before this feature is introduced to clan wars.

About brawls, I don't play them at all because of the schedule, and I think many players has similiar problem, so you're on the right track to bringing me to play some brawls. Same goes for rewards, I only played Scorpions for the badges as brawls aren't as profitable use of the time as playing raids/battles.

=> Dronapocalypse : As long as we can actually find 'games' during this event unlike the Chaos right now, I'm fine with it. Enjoyed it last year, probably will this year too ^^

=>

44 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

• Reduce the number of regular brawls and leave only those modes that are most popular among players.

Only week-ends? And only one? I find this very restrictive. At least, right now, during a week, you have the option to play the brawl you enjoy.

Adding a unique or useful reward sounds really nice though. (Uranium?...)

• Upvote 1

Returning Brawl

New pack 

Changes to CW "everybody" wanted that will then be somehow exploited 

And Brawl schedule changes 

What an amazing view in the future *sarcasm* 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

When u guys gonna return the old maps back to the game

Its been now over 6 months now since u removed them

The game is getting boring 

Or those maps have the same destiny like Chase raid? 

• Upvote 8

57 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

ability of selecting a vehicle in clan battles

That is OK, but ability to save blueprints with co-driver will be more useful quality of life improvement.

I was hoping for some update on the promised auger improvement. The last updates sadly didn't deliver. I don't know what the issue is, but probably it is the same that makes new omni wheels so underwhelming.

issue of using wheels that do not touch the ground — on vehicles with hovers.

This should be addressed, but the changes should affect only hover-wheel combos, and not vehicles that are just using different types of wheels, like KTM builds.

Please, return Chase raid - the problems with it could be easily resolved by banning the use of boosters in this mode. Also Storm warning - it was fine as it was. 

About Race - may by you should include 4 wheels and forbid Rifts in blueprint requirements, because at the moment the races are dominated by builds with just a cabin and boosters. It's kinda of silly.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Philipotel said:

This should be addressed, but the changes should affect only hover-wheel combos, and not vehicles that are just using different types of wheels, like KTM builds

Everything should be affected not only hovers

I know tracks that use that trick as well 

Or wheel (Bigfoot ) builds that need tonnage but are at weight limit so they slap on a small wheel 

Edited by _ChocoNutsX_
  • Upvote 5

Being able to pick your cw loadout during match is interesting.

How do you intend it to work?

You see enemy team builds and they see yours? They pick a buld then you pick, going through each player 1 by 1?

You just see your the clan and map, then pick?

Or you pick and then see what you are facing?

Hard to evaluate if its usefull or pointless without knowing how it would work.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Not a final info, but still: 1. You load into the battle and pick a vehicle out of 3 you've saved in advance. 2. You see all the 4 vehicles of your team. 3. You see all the 4 vehicles of the enemy team.
  • Upvote 2

Any news on the fix for the handbrake strafe acceleration bug ? 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Atm we plan to fix the bug in the nearest update (the Dronapocalypse one).
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Hope you will do it with meaat grinders and hardened tracks as well.

The current number of regular brawls is too big. We would like to concentrate and develop those modes that the players would want to return to again and again because of the unique gameplay.

Reduce the number of regular brawls and leave only those modes that are most popular among players.

Can we expect to come back Free for all and Storm warning? I think these were the  most popular.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. @Woodyrojo

One last question. Do you intend to implement a way to make sure that each build has the correct driver?

Builds using master jack/jade for the mass and tonnage in particular dont work well without the correct driver.

Edited by jellymix

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Yes, we're working on a feature to save a blueprint with a particular co-driver. Can't promise that we'll release it with the nearest update, but sometime soon)
  • Upvote 4

"In one of the nearest updates we are going to solve a fairly frequent issue of using wheels that do not touch the ground — on vehicles with hovers. We are not ready to share the details yet, but we will do so as soon as the variant of changes is close to the final one."

Hold on, are you saying that after 12(yes that is the actual number) changes you have already made to hovers, you are now planning to make yet another one and this time it is going to be "the final one"???

What makes you think you will get it right this time?

At what point are you going to stop making changes to hovers?

• Confused 7
  • Upvote 2

Will you be fixing the kaiju in the nearest update?

Or address the kaiju's ability to outclass 2 guns that consume 12 energy? It pretty much has outclassed everything.

@Woodyrojo

Edited by IHugMachine
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Komun1sT said:

At what point are you going to stop making changes to hovers?

I think to end the movement balancing somehow, physics improvement and mass (weight) overhaul are necessary.

Without adjusting factors affecting the movement, how can movement parts be balanced?

Edited by VisceraCleaner

2 hours ago, Jafarson said:

Hope you will fully redesign race brawl, here is my suggestion: 
Make special car for race (or add contest so people could make and vote) that will be used by ALL players, so race will be fair and fun for all players, no matter level or PS.
You can even make cart racing mode with [?] boxes on the road, which will give random single use weapons after you take it. I think it will be fun. 

absolutely  no on this point the whole point of racing was  also make you own car but my problem  people cant make one  this recent race change with only 8 booster  was not good beacuse  remove d creativity a lot  removing it complet will just kill the game mode.

if you want to race  check builds  make one copy ones  if want to win you need to sink in time   and know how to build one  just like in CW 

fact  im lapping every player 8 out 10 times   in race  not beacuse they bad player no because they A bring a art car or B  bring a bad racing car 

also the fact its the developer   nerfed the metal income    from 180 metall down to 15  metal in big black scorpion  and nerfed all the other making most  brawls  useless  beacuse of the time you need to spend to win/finished a match its no better when normale  battle 

race  least fast enough  that its  subpar with  a normale battle   to get about same metal  making everyone use  same race  car just big  no 

also  we have bunch of brawls  that dont have a slot like the tusk one that one its  fun   yet dont have a slot.

ever since they removed  chatting in brawl i stop playing free for all and  storm warning  because its full of bunch of  teaming   n00b clans  who can p*ss off.

one change i would like to see its   re add chatting in brawl there was no reason to remove it  caused  more harm when good

Edited by ResarXam

Will you fix the gap between objects bug in range building so the walls and stuff properly align again? Wanna build some cool fortresses but impossible with this bug.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Dronapocalypse

015.jpg

Dronapocalypse will break out again in the Wasteland closer to April, and already familiar drones will acquire a new company! Don’t miss this event: when else can you become a drone fighting not only with your own kind and a powerful leviathan, but also with your own weapon and its recoil?

By the way, not only the list of available drones will be updated, but also the leviathans themselves and even the location where the battle takes place: new covers and trampolines will be added. Just what is needed for the fast drones and crazy maneuvers!

i hope the rewards are as good as the first one, the first day of april is an special day for me as it is actualy my birthday, but i wont be mad if the rewards are disapointing as the brawl is actually fun.

this is extremely good, but it will kind of gonna increase how much  you need to start doing CW and thus make a lot of people stop doing CW because they cant compete or a kicked of their clans

This way, on weekends, you will always have the opportunity to participate in your favorite brawl at a convenient time, and receive a good reward for your efforts. And on weekdays when there may not be much time - to concentrate on “Missions” and “Raids”. What do you think about it? Share your opinion in the discussion!

reducing the amount of brawls is a good idea as most of them arent even played anymore, im mostly sure it wont happen, but is there  a chance of storm warning or free for all, or both returning to the game after geting a full rework? these were the only brawls i played because i could fight everyone i wanted to

I like the idea but it is not easier to link each map with the build we want in some menu, so we don't have to do it every time before the game starts? And this way we can have similar preview of enemy vehicles like nothing really changed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.