[Developer blog] What awaits survivors in the foreseeable future?

Woodyrojo

Sometimes players work unusual schedules, like weekends, and only have free time on weekdays.

I think brawls for a smaller number of players (like 4 or 6) should exist during the week. Perhaps this is a chance to develop Leviathan brawls?

There can also be a small brawl to try to damage/kill the most AI enemies, like a simplified raid.

One more "small brawl" idea:  Survival mode against waves of drones (sidekick... fuze... grenadier... maybe flying drones too)

• Like 1

The ability to select your blueprint vehicle before each CW round sounds very promising!

CW is the only dedicated end-game mode we have in the game and has been effectively static since it was launched years ago.

This change, although sounds so simple should bring a lot more options, strategy and overall reward for those can adapt to the oppositions gameplay and tactics.

@woodyrojo - Can you clarify, it seems in the first round you do not get to see the opposing clan or their vehciles before selecting your own? If this is the case, why have the vehicle selection in the first round? You effectively already make this selection in the garage?

Also the need to see your team mates vehciles is pointless, as the team would typically communicate this or already know what they are playing beforehand.

Finally, have the devs considered movin the Levi CW sessions? These are simply not wanted by the vast majority of CW players and as a gameplay mode do not fit into a PvP competitive ladder?

Thanks

• Upvote 6

Another hover nerf? What is gonna be next? Stones tied in hovers? That is noooot good. What we gonna do the players that only use hovers? Quit?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, davealna said:

Another hover nerf? What is gonna be next? Stones tied in hovers? That is noooot good. What we gonna do the players that only use hovers? Quit?

they been unbalanced  since they came out and they still are  unbalanced 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, ResarXam said:

they been unbalanced  since they came out and they still are  unbalanced 

You're right, there is no way to balance cancer tumor, it needs to be cut off. They need to remove hover just like they added it and compensate with cost of C
OR divide community matchmaking like hovers and everything else. Sadly, non of these options are going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

@Woodyrojo I'm not exactly thrilled for new events, since the current one (Winter Mayhem) is currently unplayable for many people. And by unplayable, I mean the matchmaking doesn't give us games. I've waited 30+ mins a few times, there's a dude who posted a 270+ mins waiting time screen, and many people are saying they simply CAN'T get in a game of Winter Mayhem since it started. Devs have been completely silent about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jafarson said:

Also I forgot to remind you:
Redesign Co-Driver system to normal talent trees like in other games - Offense / Defense / Utility
Redesign matchmaking system with weapon rarity, make PS to just fill the gaps: Relic vs Relic, Legendary vs Legendary, Epic vs Epic.... etc.
It is unfair when you enter match with your fully epic build (10K) and some walletboys shred you from their base with cancerous scorpions or porcupines
Remove hover from the game and save it, OR at least separate hovers  / non hover matches. 
Most weapons are pure OP and cancerous on hovers, but its just nothing special if they are on wheels or tracks... so do something.

the only problem i have with them removing hovers from the game is that they wont compensate anyone who had hovers on their inventory's, the situation becomes worse for fused ones

but removing hovers will still not fix the game...

it will cause even more as more than 30% of the playerbase will quit it, and the worse that it is the ones that pay a lot and do CW

Edited by davmax07

46 minutes ago, Alsayf said:

it seems in the first round you do not get to see the opposing clan or their vehciles before selecting your own? If this is the case, why have the vehicle selection in the first round? You effectively already make this selection in the garage?

Sounds like you only see the map, then make your choice.

But hopefully you at least see the enemy clan name.

If you dont know who you are fighting then outside of a few specific scenerios (taking a mandrake for bridge etc)  it dosent seem that usefull untill round 2. I agree.

I think it's deffinitely important to know what clan you are facing at the very least. That way you can make picks based on what you know about your opponent.

Devs should look at how games like league of legends handle picks. Picking build is pointless if you dont have any info on wich to make your decisions 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@ResarXam Actually everything is a counter for hovers, we have no advantage vs wheels. 
The best way to win is beeing better. Winning nerfing enemys things dosent.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 1

Just now, davealna said:

@ResarXam Actually everything is a counter for hovers, we have no advantage vs wheels. 
The best way to win is beeing better. Winning nerfing enemys things dosent.

Jafarson text pretty much spot on,  everything is a counter for hovers, we have no advantage vs wheels.   you  so wrong in this  sentence its not  even  funny 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Can obvious balancing requirements be acted upon faster in the future?

Regular pvp matches from 7k to 10k is infested with one build type that is way over powered. Side mounted pyres on dusk cabins. This has been going on for months and makes playing these powerscore ranges very tedious as more and more players use this easy win set up. 

If you regularly play these powerscores you will know there is no defence against these, they don't even lock on 50% of the time, just point blank drive beside you while stealthed and left click 1500+ damage and reloaded really fast. 

I know it's a new pack cabin but balancing needs to happen quicker or regular players will grow tired of waiting for balance that's urgently needed. This is something I would like to see in the future of this game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

thank you for addressing the tires in hover builds. this will help bring hovers in line with other movement parts.

also, thank you so much for the CW selection mode. We have wanted this for a loooooong time.

Question: when will Levi's be removed from Clan Wars?

Can u provide some more info?

Ability of selecting one of 3 builds in Clan wars, but before every round, not battle?

I think this should be just per battle not every round, like this

• u find a cw match
  • its shows u the map, this is the moment u need to choose a build for the whole battle, not only one round of it
  • only after teams choose, you see what enemy you face and with what hardware

Ability to change builds every round of the current battle will change cw totally, and if feel not in a good way, as it is the main point of cw right now, u never know what the enemy has and your decision is final, you need to play with what you have chosen at the start, this is how it should stay for a single battle.

There is also an issue that wealthier players will have advantage over others with this, as others may have only one cw viable type of build and cannot afford more, so a player with 3 cw builds will always have the advantage to change his build to the best counter build, giving him much better chance at winning, ability that "poor" players wont have, but this wont be an issue if you can only choose the build once, at the battle start and not change it every round.

Ability to change build every round is a very bad design choice, it will only make ppl that can afford 3 or more build more powerful that those that cant afford it, if this is the case, it is terrible idea. Per battle is fine, per round, unacceptable and unbalanced.

Yes it was ppl suggestion, but im sure they didn't mean to have this just so a player with more builds can defeat them easier.

Brawls changes

Well, yeah, ppl wanted this for years, just like me as it has much more sense, but the way you propose it to change is again, not very good.

• why do you want to remove modes, cant they just be and allow ppl to choose what to play, if it works there is no need to remove it, just like that god forsaken battle royal most dont play, that wasn't updated like at all and still is in the game.
  • why only weekends, this is just bad, brawls should be available just like other modes everyday or every 2/3 days rotating, whole week, the special special brawls like battle royal can be available on weekends as an addition, not something that replaces all of them and only blocked the WHOLE weekend when most players have the most time to play. So now your plan is to limit brawls even more, just to weekends and on a week rotation, this is pretty terrible, so ppl will need to wait WHOLE week to play what they want, u still dont listen, this is not good, its terrible, brawls should be available everyday, so that every brawl type repeats every 2/3 days, on weekends EVERY brawl should be available whole day so everyone can play what they want, your current proposition is an anti player policy, why do u want to have even less fun than it is, you hate players or what? You afraid something will happen? It wont, the only thing that can happen is players would be more happy and have more fun when they want, but not with your proposed terrible brawl limits.
    Also, where are the temporary removed brawls hmm? Bring them back asap, no one cares about the new limited terrible brawls you added and by force replaced other ppl liked, but u know what, you can keep them all, have it all in the game. Who will decide what popular? You? Or maybe you already arbitrary decided that those temporary removed brawls will not be back?
  • Where is storm warning? i want it back now like ton of other ppl
  • Unique rewards in brawls are fine, but should not be the only reward and incentive to play, this will not work, the special rewards should work weekly, as a part of brawls leaderboards where you get points and a ranking position that will decide what u will get and it can be rotated now and then. Other than that, brawls should have a standard resource rewards just like missions, scrap, wires, batteries, cuz why not, what is it a difference if you get scrap form a mission or form a brawls, let ppl decide what they really want to play...and we will see...

This game should be much more extended by now, for some odd reason, you dont want the game to be bigger and better, more fun and appealing to players, it wont be so if the only thing you can provide is the same old missions and raids for years and meaning less changes, forcefully removing brawls without any consultation with players is lame, so is not adding fun modes that should be in the game a long time ago, like levi 1v1 brawl smth and ton of others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jellymix said:

But hopefully you at least see the enemy clan name.

Whole point of cw is u dont know, if you knew, you would always take the best counter knowing a team from previous encounters, i dont think this is good for overall game balance and fairness towards players, choosing per round in this case is also an issue as then you know the team already, that why it shroud be per battle without any information besides the map.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, szefopl said:

Whole point of cw is u dont know, if you knew, you would always take the best counter knowing a team from previous encounters, i dont think this is good for overall game balance and fairness towards players, choosing per round in this case is also an issue as then you know the team already, that why it shroud be per battle without any information besides the map.

I disagree. Currently you can just run cheese comps like full melee and perform FAR above your skill level. The only reason that kind of thing works is that ro run a sufficient counter to it would make you hopelessly weak to other team comps.

With a build picking system each team can taylor their setup to have the best chance against any team, on any map. Result? is the best team wins.

I do agree that the necessity to have multiple strong builds will increase the cost of being competitive in cw. But if someon is good enough with their vehicle, then they will allways be able to do well regardless of opponent.

Ultimately this will make clanwars much more enjoyable an increase variety. Being able to counter pick team setups will force a lot more variety 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

In the upcoming update, we plan to launch the ability of selecting a vehicle in clan battles. The choice will be limited to three pre-saved vehicles, and you can change them at the beginning of each next round. We remind you that this is an experimental mechanics based on a number of your suggestions.

We will closely monitor how clan battles change and make a final decision on the future of this mechanics based on the results of the observation.

This sounds like a very interesting option, can't wait to see it ingame! However, please don't forget to include an option to assign co-drivers to each of those vehicles!

4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

We have always paid attention to your comments regarding the schedule and its variations over the entire existence of the game, as well as studied incoming suggestions at the same time. The following conclusions were drawn:

• The very concept of the schedule, given the many time zones and the number of brawls, is bound to be uncomfortable for a number of players.
  • During weekdays, not all of the players have the opportunity to participate in the brawl, even if its time window doesn’t occur during night or early morning.
  • The current number of regular brawls is too big. We would like to concentrate and develop those modes that the players would want to return to again and again because of the unique gameplay.

What is planned to be done?

• Reduce the number of regular brawls and leave only those modes that are most popular among players.
  • Turn brawls into weekend activities: each weekend, one of the brawls will be launched and will be available without interruptions during Saturday and Sunday.
  • Add unique and/or useful rewards for the player for winning in the brawl. It is quite possible that part of rewards can be obtained only in brawls.

There are several problems with brawls, let me give you a piece of mind on that:

• Rewards: I loved playing brawls when they had a much higher scrap metal payout - so increasing their rewards would for sure make more players anticipate. But also speaking about scrap metal rewards - a lot of players max out their scrap limit during Clan Wars, so it would perhaps be a good idea to offer something else as base resource rewards. And in addition to those - perhaps some tokens that could be used to get some brawl-themed cosmetics or even rewards from long past events that can't be obtained in another way.
  • Time schedule: I stopped playing my favourite brawl (Storm Warning) when my schedule simply didn't allow me to play it for literally years. So how about this: Have one Brawl always on on a daily schedule, but also have another brawl available randomly, changing every two hours. And one additional random brawl during weekends. Such a window of opportunity could be a good way to make players participate if they see a good brawl on - like it is with some raids.
  • Number of Brawls: I think the number of brawls isn't too high at all. Don't see a reason to remove them. On the Contrary, I'd like Storm Warning back.
  • Blueprint requirements: I think that having equipment-themed brawls is nice, the concept is really nice. However, there is a big issue with Brawls that have special blueprint limitations - Blueprint slots! - I'm having a hard time having several brawl-specific sticking around among my blueprints. I would suggest adding another blueprint tab (like the faction and pack vehicle tabs) - where you could only save a build if it conformed to the requirements of at least one brawl - an extra tab to save our race cars would be a blessing!
5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

In one of the nearest updates we are going to solve a fairly frequent issue of using wheels that do not touch the ground — on vehicles with hovers. We are not ready to share the details yet, but we will do so as soon as the variant of changes is close to the final one.

Good to hear. I hope you will act much faster when fixing exploits in the game in the future!

5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

There are rumours here and there of an unknown new survivor scouting the Valley in an armoured car very similar to Syndicate vehicles. Who is he: a member of the new faction or someone pursuing his own goals? We’ll find out soon.

...What? What new garage?!..

A new Deluxe Edition pack you say? Well it's not like I have anything else to spend money on, sitting on home office all day... :D

• Like 1

No meatgrinder change revert? You totally broke my movement part and castrated them for anybody who became proficient using two auger setups. You've completely changed the way they drive steer and handle and they suck in dual setups now. They've lost their CQC maneuverability and acceleration. Its a shame too because these are the most creative movement parts when it comes purely down to movement and general fun when using them. 

The augers were literally the only things that I'd log in to play. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

I like the brawl changes. Giving us just just the most popular brawls and making them available 24/7 for weekends only and then ditching the rest sounds reasonable. This way we'll overcome matchmaking issues due to low playerbase. There's less of brawls but at least it's better quality.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, jellymix said:

I disagree. Currently you can just run cheese comps like full melee and perform FAR above your skill level. The only reason that kind of thing works is that ro run a sufficient counter to it would make you hopelessly weak to other team comps.

With a build picking system each team can taylor their setup to have the best chance against any team, on any map. Result? is the best team wins.

I do agree that the necessity to have multiple strong builds will increase the cost of being competitive in cw. But if someon is good enough with their vehicle, then they will allways be able to do well regardless of opponent.

Ultimately this will make clanwars much more enjoyable an increase variety. Being able to counter pick team setups will force a lot more variety 

Exactly my thoughts - clans with the better depth of player builds, player skill and teamwork will have more opportunity to demonstrate.

Currently, you might get specific enemy comps on certain maps that make it imposssible or a very frustrating experience. Such as contstantly facing all hover teams camping on bridge or all melee teams on other maps that suit them - atleast now both teams have chances to adapt to the map whilst outwitting their opponents.

A clan cannot simply use 1 fixed comp and expect to win vs every opponent now.

Szefopl - im sorry but your argument about "fairness" and especially "game balance" makes no sense whatsoever.

This is a COMPETITIVE, END-GAME, PVP mode.

1) Almost any big game like DOTA or Counterstrike, Overwatch etc, let you CHOOSE different load-outs and setups throughout the battle. This is a natural WAY to BALANCE a games different classes, weapons, items etc.

2) Now players and clans with more skill and teamwork across all of the games meta combinatons will generally rise to the top - currently there is frustrating gameplay where you get cheesy counters where there is little your team can do to win.

3) People are always complaining about the "same old meta", same old builds....this will massively increase creativiey and force players and clans to adapt, try mixed comps to match the different scenarios.

4) In additon, CW is EXTREMELY stale and when the Devs finally add a new element to mix it up whilst keeping the core principles of an end game pvp mode, there are players who find some reason to complain with zero grounds :003:

5) The devs ALSO win because it does mean CW players need to expand their inventory and actually play different builds.

I hope the devs pull this off and allow vehicle selection pre-round for every round, whilst seeing the map and opponent clan, in addition reducing the pre-game time...I dont think we need a full sequence showing every opponent to save on time.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Instead of making changable builds in CWs, delete leviathan CWs until you fix Cockpit cabin...or delete them completely...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jellymix said:

One last question. Do you intend to implement a way to make sure that each build has the correct driver?

Builds using master jack/jade for the mass and tonnage in particular dont work well without the correct driver.

Edited 4 hours ago by jellymix

No implement to choose build if we arent able to choose the codriver 

I don't see any difference between a hover using a wheel and something like a spider build using hovers on the back that improves weapon angles, maneuverability and a lighter tonnage option. Make it universal, only 1 movement type per build then. Remove the free car jack and lower hover height, that is a better nerf option. You need to do something about Leviathan Wars, at the very least make a new poll to inform your decision. Seperate and add more sessions so the people that like it can do both, make it twice a month only and alternate CW types every week etc, there are a ton of options. At the very least, ban the cheesy Cockpit cab. And there better be Reaper changes, on PlayStation at least, people getting top 10 with an exploit is annoying most of the competitive community.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, szefopl said:

Good clans should have multiple builds and be good with many different tactics.
This is a competitive mode after all.

Because everyone has the option to change this is 100% fair.

This really is one of those moments where "Git Good" works.

20 minutes ago, Eljesu007 said:

No implement to choose build if we arent able to choose the codriver 

I they said before that this would be added with the clan wars change. But it is not mentioned in this post.

If not :) then master jack for the win!

Edited by RoughMonkey

2 hours ago, davealna said:

A needed  change. Hovers are supposed to have low tonnage...but that can be negated by just throwing 1-2 non St Hermits on, which have more than twice the tonnage, but only 1% higher powerdrain.  Hovers should be completely fine after this change as that is the only real issue with them.  Want high agility? Be prepared to deal with the low tonnage...that's how balance works. . 

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.