[Developer blog] What awaits survivors in the foreseeable future?

Woodyrojo

2 hours ago, davealna said:

@ResarXam Actually everything is a counter for hovers, we have no advantage vs wheels. 
The best way to win is beeing better. Winning nerfing enemys things dosent.

OK, first off I LOVE hovers :)

BUT we all know that hovers are hands down the best movement part. Stop kidding yourself.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Rico_MJ said:

How about strafing with the handbrake? Are you fixing that? It's been weeks!

Don't fix it, it's pointless when you can straff with Q/E. Make handbrake working on legs as a full stop so your 29 tons spider can't be pushed by 8 tons melee...

Edited by Waughan27131
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

You know if you allow people to select a build after they see the map, they're going to select the most advantageous build possible. On maps like Bridge, it's a kapkan porc map. On open maps, typhoons (or kaiju right now), scorpions, etc... 

It's going to be boring and an advantage for players that is rich enough to have multiple top tier clan war builds.

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 8

I was expecting something about small tracks, augers and omnis :/ . They need a lot of fixes with overturning, traction and smoother mobility(omnis especialy). Making omnis more agile would help a lot in balancing hovers, as we see a future fix to them and we know how hard it is to balance that movement part.

5 hours ago, jellymix said:

I disagree. Currently you can just run cheese comps like full melee and perform FAR above your skill level.

Far above according to who, you? Didn't see a lot full melee teams on diamond, i wonder why, loads of hovers and breakers, are u another hover lover not seeing any issues with them at all and trashing all melees? Ok...

With a build picking system each team can taylor their setup to have the best chance against any team, on any map. Result? is the best team wins.

The team with the best counter win if they suspect what you can have, and on top its all the same teams over and over, they know each other very good.

Having best chance cuz you know what enemy has is bad, its make the win less demanding on the skill, more on choosing the best build.

But if someon is good enough with their vehicle, then they will allways be able to do well regardless of opponent.

No, they will not, this is not how the game works and other commenting here are proving this, there are builds that are better vs other builds, if you have just 1 good cw build and others have 3, you will not stand a chance as they will always take whatever kill your build best, there is not a single build that is good at countering everything. So no, "poor" players, will be even weaker cuz of this.

Ultimately this will make clanwars much more enjoyable

Yeah, for rich players, ppl with 3 builds will get stronger, ppl with 1 weaker.

It is all fine when you dont know what enemy you get, both your team and your enemy need to play the best with what they chosen, its not ideal, but at least there is some "rich vs poor" balance here, it is no more and there are balance changes when u can change it between rounds, im not against this change, but just not every round, only at the start of battle is fair.

• Confused 5

4 hours ago, Alsayf said:

A clan cannot simply use 1 fixed comp and expect to win vs every opponent now.

Who did said that? No one is expecting to win everything with the same builds over and over.

4 hours ago, Alsayf said:

Szefopl - im sorry but your argument about "fairness" and especially "game balance" makes no sense whatsoever.

Its makes perfectly sense, it doesn't make it "no sense" cuz u dont understand it, or do you...

I exactly know who you are, with what you play, in what teams and on what level, so spare me man, you wouldn't agree with anything i say even if i was 100% right, u know who im am too.

You are from top teams, so ofc top teams with this change will have much more advantage over not that rich players.

I care for the game and players, not my own interests like u, and this change is not good overall for cw balance or many players with just one cw build.

As long as there is the a rule in place that you choose build before battle EVERYTHING is fine, this was fair, as this balanced the difference between players that could afford any builds vs those that can afford maybe just one but good, you never knew who u will encounter so no team could prepare ideally for an enemy and this is fine, no amount of credits would allow you to always take the best build vs someone.

If this change goes live then this safety balancing rule is no more and you will be able to get and advantage vs anyone who cannot afford 2nd or 3rd cw build, that's is the truth, so dont tell it not bad, it is.

Im not against a change like this, but per round change is bad overall for the game, the ideal would be the ability to choose it before battle, just once, knowing the map and nothing more, this would make the safety "rich vs poor" balancing rule still intact.

But yeah,, im sure, rich players will be very happy if this will be permanent, they will get advantage, they dont care about the game balance if they can buy more win chances, and devs are happy too, they exactly know what consequences this will have, much more grind needed to even compete for ore, and as the current rules are, anything below gold, its like 50 teams, get like miniscule ore amounts, will have even harder to get anything more, richer will get stronger, poor even weaker, that's what this change is.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, szefopl said:

Who did said that? No one is expecting to win everything with the same builds over and over.

Wait what, are we talking about Crossout still? This IS one of the main issues with CW right now - i.e. Many clans playing all melee or all sniper hover comps every session, every week.

With melee teams, its the simplest from the lot, the entire concept is to rush in and swarm over the opponents with tanky/high dps builds like firebugs, breakers,lances whilst spamming spark. And YES, on the flip side - you do get full snipe hover teams that simply camp at the back which works very well on maps like bridge (OMG look here - I agreed on something with you).

The proposed change will allow Clans to mix it up and counter each other - its really going to mix things up and create some much needed chaos and unpredictability.

27 minutes ago, szefopl said:

Its makes perfectly sense, it doesn't make it "no sense" cuz u dont understand it, or do you...

I exactly know who you are, with what you play, in what teams and on what level, so spare me man, you wouldn't agree with anything i say even if i was 100% right, u know who im am too.

You are from top teams, so ofc top teams with this change will have much more advantage over not that rich players.

I care for the game and players, not my own interests like u, and this change is not good overall for cw balance or many players with just one cw build.

As long as there is the a rule in place that you choose build before battle EVERYTHING is fine, this was fair, as this balanced the difference between players that could afford any builds vs those that can afford maybe just one but good, you never knew who u will encounter so no team could prepare ideally for an enemy and this is fine, no amount of credits would allow you to always take the best build vs someone.

If this change goes live then this safety balancing rule is no more and you will be able to get and advantage vs anyone who cannot afford 2nd or 3rd cw build, that's is the truth, so dont tell it not bad, it is.

Im not against a change like this, but per round change is bad overall for the game, the ideal would be the ability to choose it before battle, just once, knowing the map and nothing more, this would make the safety "rich vs poor" balancing rule still intact.

But yeah,, im sure, rich players will be very happy if this will be permanent, they will get advantage, they dont care about the game balance if they can buy more win chances, and devs are happy too, they exactly know what consequences this will have, much more grind needed to even compete for ore, and as the current rules are, anything below gold, its like 50 teams, get like miniscule ore amounts, will have even harder to get anything more, richer will get stronger, poor even weaker, that's what this change is.

1) Wow, just wow - you are a relic player.....

You have been smashing through non relic players for a LONG-time and no suddenly you have an issue with this?

Did someone start cutting onions....i feel my heart tugging....we have a angel here follks :tankosmile3:
Why dont you play epics in CW? Oh yeah..you dont. You play relics yourself and rolled over builds that were not relics (which is even more apparent with your melee vs melee or spiders since the opponents cant even get away or use some skill to outplay you).

Actually: I have been ACTIVELY posting on these forums for the devs to UPDATE CW to have things like LOWER PS team caps and increase new player rewards SO THAT they can compete better. Look at my previous posts.

I am also 100% for a global movement part balance update where we will see more MIXED movement team comps.

I'll explain this to you: This is an end game PvP *LADDER* in a F2P game, it has faults but the ENTIRE CONCEPT is based around getting better builds, farming uranium and then upgrading to play more and better,

There is NO WAY to balance this item power problem unless you do something like literally unlock everything for CW and let players fight it out (I would not mind this, sounds fun actually).

This issue will always be here and in fact was MUCH worse earlier, now the gaps between players buying power are LESS do due to the player base maturing.

E.g. In the past, Typhoon vs Tsunami price difference (HUGE) vs now as a hover typhoon you could get a spider typhoon, or a spider mammoth or a melee lancer (ALL 3 MUCH CHEAPER).

YES, I agree the buying power balance is going to rise now but but not as much as you think *SOME*, rich players can afford 3 full sets of relics, how many really can? And how many will want to play hovers>melee or vise versa....much less than you think.

Yes this is going to mess with the buying power balance but you get a huge "gameplay balance" and fun upgrade to CW - this one issue is certainly not worth scrapping the best idea the devs have had for CW in years.

2) Another point is you are dismissing something before even thinking it though, maybe this change will allow more in between builds that previous players did not take.

Now, clans have to be more dynamic to face a variety of enemy comps, so things like spiders might get more selections since you can tank vs melee more and still fight hovers, maybe we might see more mixed teams like hovers + spiders + melee etc.

3) This benefits many players who have items lying around they dont use. CW has been around for a long time, MANY players with multiple weapons (which is a significant portion of the player base and especially the longer-term players) now can use as good items from epic-legendary as counter builds, vehicle options 2 and 3. Isn't this benefit to the player base and more fun?

4) How convienient you simply copy paste 1-2  of the points I raised and not directly answer the other clear benefits of this change.

Here are reminders for the ones you skipped:

a) "GAMEPLAY BALANCE" gets a huge boost: Selecting multiple classes/weapons/builds is one of the main ways you bring in dynamic balance, rather than a rock-paper-sissors gameplay which is less fun, less variable and can be damm right frustrating. Almost any big game like DOTA or Counterstrike, Overwatch etc, lets you CHOOSE different load-outs and setups throughout the battle. This is a natural WAY to BALANCE a games different classes, weapons, items etc.

b) Now players and clans with more skill and teamwork across all of the games meta combinatons will generally rise to the top - currently there is frustrating gameplay where you get cheesy counters where there is little your team can do to win.

c) People are always complaining about the "same old meta", same old builds....this will massively increase creativity and force players and clans to adapt, try mixed comps to match the different scenarios and predictions.

d) CW is EXTREMELY stale, Devs are finally adding a new element to mix it up whilst keeping the core principles of an end game pvp mode.

e) The devs ALSO win because it does mean CW players need to expand their inventory and actually play different builds.

BOTTOM LINE:

This is a global change to all players, not something that just buffs one movement part or another, yet you are putting it down already?

CW playerbase is shrinking, we have had no updates to CW and barely get attention, mixing CW up and bringing some life to it is 1000% what the game needs right now.

The benefits FAR out-weight the "negatives" and this buying power difference sadly WILL always remain in this game due to its very nature (item levels, fusions etc) and see my points above, its not as bad as you make it sound.

To IMPROVE this item power balance then the Devs need to make things cheaper, more rewards, more free stuff for new players, more PS based CW sessions where lower PS items are as good - I'm 100% for these changes.

@szefopl If you cared about the players so much you would focus on what I just said above, not dissing this proposal before its even been tested and CLEARLY it bringing a huge new element to CW that I can guarantee most players, rich and poor would love in terms of fun and options in a CW match to out play your opponents.

• Like 2

- Co-Driver saved on build needed for build selection
- build selection tests NOT in cw, use PVP first
- no "extra" 3 slots needed to select a build - slots are already there and could contain the co-driver there too
See ya in 1 month, when the update gets released. Gonna say: i told ya so.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

How can someone say that hover is ok? hover WAS ok when they first "nerfed" it, but IMO they've balanced it when you could only equip 4 hovers only, if u could use more, craft was sluggish and not useful, also tonnage was correct too. Then hover users started moaning like sassy little girls and they buffed them again... What is hovers now?
What their users say: "iTs fRaGiLe, iT cAn Be oUtPlaYed iF yOu HaVe sKiLLs"
What hover actually is: You can equip them more than 4 and they can still be agile, even if they are well hidden inside of tons of junk. They flap like leaf when you get near and bump to them, and IF you can get to near them.... as we know there are 100000000000 stealth detection devices now, tons of traps and things. 

Hover players say that it's no problem to kill hover, you just need to make it's counter. 

What if I just want to play with desired craft? Just something else that is not just focused on taking down stupid hovers? Hovers can be good vs EVERYTHING, they don't need to be specially crafted or something like that, but you need to craft SOMETHING for specially hovers to take take them out....
You can hit them with dual Tsunami 10 times and they can still float.... are you kidding me?
People are making ugliest pile of debris just to dominate, they abuse features of this game which makes them ugly. I would rather uninstall the game than play with such ugly creations

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Turn brawls into weekend activities: each weekend, one of the brawls will be launched and will be available without interruptions during Saturday and Sunday.

Thats cool and all, but the keyword here is "ONE". If only one brawl is active per weekend, that means I might have to wait a month to finally play the brawl I actually want. I dont like that at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, not_trisa133 said:

You know if you allow people to select a build after they see the map, they're going to select the most advantageous build possible. On maps like Bridge, it's a kapkan porc map. On open maps, typhoons (or kaiju right now), scorpions, etc... 

It's going to be boring and an advantage for players that is rich enough to have multiple top tier clan war builds.

Just my 2 cents.

If in pvp you get to see/choose the map you are put in to fight, and then allowed to choose what build you are using, it really is bad change, and i guess i agree with you. 

Map specific builds is wrong direction indeed. 

I hope the developers look into the console and pc separate because right now on ps4 it never been this balanced, we have a great mixture in clanwars all from hover to spider and wheels. As it is right now big rams are very strong and the new meta is push to cap and all the structure of the builds will keep them alive until cap is finished or close and the defending team got to rush into cap and it’s very hard to win with 2k structure against 4-5k structure. Without this wheel that can add some more structure it will tip the scale over more then it is already. If you would do this you should add the tonnage back to hovers as it was before if you don’t like people thinking outside of the box.  Looking forward to drone event so much fun, funniest event by far, BUT PLEASE don’t give us the same rewards why would I want douplets of everything 2 ducks 2 more ducks 2 canes, no wonder people don’t play so muc events anymore. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Rico_MJ said:

How about strafing with the handbrake? Are you fixing that? It's been weeks!

Will be fixed next update.

23 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

In one of the nearest updates we are going to solve a fairly frequent issue of using wheels that do not touch the ground — on vehicles with hovers. We are not ready to share the details yet, but we will do so as soon as the variant of changes is close to the final one

Everything announced is great. But hover fix is not just them using wheels. There are more issues. Things you promised to fix long long ago and never did. Even recently announced and again didn't do.
I am just going to come back for the drone event which is awesome, and leave again until hovers are fixed. And I am not the only one who said that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Good ideas, I think there should be 3 storage locations for Levis and Clan Wars in general.
It would also be good if the storage spaces in the garage could be sorted as desired by moving them
Edited by Flokop81

On 3/4/2021 at 1:16 PM, jellymix said:

Being able to pick your cw loadout during match is interesting.

How do you intend it to work?

You see enemy team builds and they see yours? They pick a buld then you pick, going through each player 1 by 1?

You just see your the clan and map, then pick?

Or you pick and then see what you are facing?

Hard to evaluate if its usefull or pointless without knowing how it would work.

Woodyrojo (Posted yesterday at 01:51 PM)

Not a final info, but still: 1. You load into the battle and pick a vehicle out of 3 you've saved in advance. 2. You see all the 4 vehicles of your team. 3. You see all the 4 vehicles of the enemy team.

=> Won't that be too much time spent? To choose a build then to see the ones of your teammates and then those of the opponents... Far less CW games will be able to be played if you take that into account. Even if it's just one minute to pick, it adds up. Especially for games that are max 10mins long and in general closer to 6mins.

I'm playing in a high bronze/early silver clan specialized in levi CW atm and the 4h windows already limits us quite a lot in grinding. If the time spent 'waiting' increases, it will become even harder to get a decent amount of uranium.

Honestly, the idea is not bad but I'd rather we could 'stick' a blueprint to a CW map beforehand instead of having to do it every single time. If it becomes something that eats away at our playing time, I'd rather not have it, even though it sounds nice on paper.

Kaiju nerf expected!

(Increase powerscore, increase the spread by 15%, when the weapon is loaded, if not shoot after 6s the shot will be canceled.)

This weapon is legendary, it's more accurate than scorpion, Kaiju is more for a relic weapon Op than for a legendary one. 

This weapon must have Increased PowerScore to not be used in low PowerScore!

• Upvote 3

I just tanked 6 shots from a Kaiju user before getting close enough to ram him, immobilize him and surround him in Cobras and destroy his vehicle.

My PS was 6275 so he was within 1000 PS of mine.

My vehicle durability is 2644. Vehicle durability does not include my Bumpers but Bumpers can still tank damage. My total durability is 6458.

Get some armor!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

i just want more game modes, give us more to do. colosseum battles with 4 people fighting for prizes and cups would be fun.

defending a base from bots and trying to prevent them from taking over your base would be a change up to (like tower defence)

attacking an enemy base and capturing the center to capture the base would be fun to.

allowing us to bring our leviathans into a specially designed raid for leviathans would be cool to. defending even bringing them into a tower defence like above would be great. 

assult, where we are trying to destroy the enemy base / tower that they are guarding with our team mates. capturing and bombing floors to the tower till it falls perhaps?

survival, where there are random weapon drops and ammo drops on the map, you and your team have to pick up weapons you find and destroy the enemies before they destroy you. you meet up and defend one another while picking up more weapons, ammo, repair kits, etc. 

i just want more to do in crossout. more ways to earn resources to. i want to be able to come in and spend more then 2 hours in the game, cause for me i just do dailys, do the seasonal challenges if there are any, maybe craft a weapon i want and wait for it to finish. there isnt really all that much to do.

devs PLEASE give us more modes in here.

@Woodyrojo

Edited by Zarrurer
  • Upvote 1

for the future of the game all i want is to be able to play!

please do something about the servers. going on my third week of login problems, and almost on my 3rd day i can barely log in to the game, play one pve match and game drops, server connection error, and only after hours am i able to do the same thing again. 

it's a popular game, with all the covid measures and so many people at home, its normal to have more peak hours where all is busy, but i never had this in over 3 years i play the game.

i'm struggling to follow along the season, ive lost loads of resources due to connection drops, i will not invest money on a game i can't play in a steady manor, and i wanted to! and its frustrating for me because ever since i started on this it's a game i love. you build it, you ride it and go fight. the whole mad maxx vibe, the creativity side and its competitive too, but can also be light and fun to have a laugh. 

for me i'm almost calling it quits on this for the first time, and really putting this game to the side and i'll go back to other games i like to loose myself in for hours like skyrim, or FPS games and it's just sad.. and i won't even talk about the mayhen event... i managed to reach gold but my god.. what a miracle it was. connection drops and i get penalty points for bad player.... waiting period... then game crashes again and rinse and repeat for days on end.. same with plastic raids, and pve... where sometimes its just 4 human players and it still drops the connection. 

not one single game i play does this atm, including cod warzone, battlefield, gtav, and others.. 

this game has seen rough times, playerbase has dropped some years ago due to alot of bad things going on, this for me is like the peak point of this game, one of the best season passes ever where none before had so much hype around, and going trough the forums main complains are about the connection. either on sessions or the mayhem event.

so for the future i want to be able to play the game! cause i like it! please improve the servers for this game! 

then yes, give us the drone apocalypse back! i got the reward on the last and played on it till it ended cause it was so much fun! bring that rocket league version back! that was fun too!

as for the rest, in my opinion, guns are balanced, i do miss the old favorite perk, but it is what it is... matches are balanced, you can never end glass cannons on a game like this, its all about skill play, cause even low tier weapons can face off against high tier ones,and seal club on a game like this will be present no mather what, but it's not as notorious as it was a few years ago. 

i like the game as it is atm, like i said i think its in its peak, want more drone events like we had, wan the soccer rocket league inspired mode back, but above all, i want to be able to login! so for the future i wish for more stable server connections, please!

for the moment.. i'll try a few more days to login.. if i can't in almost a month to play straight for more than 30 seconds... i'll come back to this some time later along the year and see what changed. its getting frustrating to sit in front of a la+top for 4, 5, 6 hours pressing login to get a random pve match done every few hours.. its ridiculous! and if i had money invested in this, ide be gone long ago, and this type of thing is what holds me back on this game since i've started. its sad to like this game so much, and i can't do nothing in it...

On 3/4/2021 at 6:27 AM, M4DS said:

Pls just leave normal cw alone. Make levi cw seperate, and make this new system another gamemode. No CW players ever wanted either of these two things to be part of CW yet they are going to be. The game is desperate for new gamemodes, put ur work into that instead of changing stuff on another gamemode that noone wanted.

i liked the dronepocalypse, its a shame its only temporary.

On 3/4/2021 at 6:34 AM, Jafarson said:

Also I forgot to remind you:
Redesign Co-Driver system to normal talent trees like in other games - Offense / Defense / Utility
Redesign matchmaking system with weapon rarity, make PS to just fill the gaps: Relic vs Relic, Legendary vs Legendary, Epic vs Epic.... etc.
It is unfair when you enter match with your fully epic build (10K) and some walletboys shred you from their base with cancerous scorpions or porcupines
Remove hover from the game and save it, OR at least separate hovers  / non hover matches. 
Most weapons are pure OP and cancerous on hovers, but its just nothing special if they are on wheels or tracks... so do something.

i was for this, i used to run in a legendary clan, we would have all legendaries and when we went in clan wars if we came up against a team with relics we would just get absolutely obliterated. that was looooooong ago though. i have 3 relics now but still, id still be for that in clan battles.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.