[Developer blog] What awaits survivors in the foreseeable future?

Woodyrojo

hover balance is really op normal craft will be flip because unbalance this game gun shell is so slow, can dodge enemy bullet or confuse enemy aim, that can't make even using small track
big problem is that can make it with low ps and accerelation is most effective in low ps, it enough to quit player from game 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

On 3/4/2021 at 7:55 AM, Woodyrojo said:

In one of the nearest updates we are going to solve a fairly frequent issue of using wheels that do not touch the ground — on vehicles with hovers. We are not ready to share the details yet, but we will do so as soon as the variant of changes is close to the final one.

weill vehicles with meatgrinders that use hovers for tilt, and not toonage be affected?

Not sure if it's been said/asked already and I'm unfortunately lazy. Someone from my clan was wondering if the blueprint saving function for clan wars would work for leviathan clan wars => as in => Can the leviathan player pick between a few leviathan blueprints he might have?

11 hours ago, _____________l said:

hover power drain change to 5 % → 15 %,
decrease hover altitude till can hit porcupine
increase durability
then, think other weapon and movement balance

no, porcs are overpowered as is, plus people just run up to you like idiots and throw porcs in your face, practically face hugging you with porcs till your dead.

the only real counter to porcs is hovers, porcs have a hard time hitting them, legs are practically useless in a fight with porcs as they are to slow to get away or maneuver around them due to their increased projectile speed.

porcs need to have a counter to them, hovers were and pretty much always have been that counter, able to dodge them effectively while taking minimum hits. take that away and porcs will dominate everything and make hovers useless.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, _____________l said:

increase durability

I think the problem of hovers is movability...we had that decreased when they add powerloss to all of them, but then, Omnibox came, fusion for power of cabins, fusion for power loss came and legendary cabins with higher power than anything else came...and all changes to power loss of hovers are pointless now. They did it right and next changes completely erase any effort...

Porcs against hovers isn't the problem, porcs are good against anything else, it's good to have counter against porcs.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Nerf shotguns (whole game is a f ing hug contest ) , make new wide parts with damage pass through so we can use them as spaced armor  , tone down the speed or increase map size ,  3 years past and still cloak+shotgun+cheetah+big foot+wench  builds can travel across the map in 10 seconds and get a easy kill in 5 sec . Fire never ever able to pass through parts fix it ! This can't be "working as intended" . Concepts are different but at least learn something from warthunder ffs.

Edited by berkayxj8
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/4/2021 at 7:55 AM, Woodyrojo said:

“Race”

Why not have multiple types of races? I stopped racing since it was changed because even if I mostly got 3th or 4th, it used to be more fun with the huge open maps and unlimited creativity. The new race limits designs too much.

Why not have "Circuit Race" (the current one, divided in Hovers and Wheels), "Checkpoint Race" (old style, a Free-For-All race) and many others? Any racing game worth its bucks always have multiple racing modes. Need For Speed: ProStreet had Grip (divided into Grip Class, Sector Shootout and Time Attack), Drag (divided in 1/2 and 1/4 miles and Wheelie competitions), Drift, and Speed (divided into Speed Challenge and Top Speed Run), so I imagine XO could have at least 2 race modes.

We need more brawls in rotation anyways... (and this is a game about cars! Help me out here @TheLittleSam )

Edited by lucashc90

On 3/8/2021 at 1:09 AM, _____________l said:

increase durability

Good idea, porcu vs hover is pathetic in any situation

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Waughan27131 said:

I think the problem of hovers is movability...we had that decreased when they add powerloss to all of them, but then, Omnibox came, fusion for power of cabins, fusion for power loss came and legendary cabins with higher power than anything else came...and all changes to power loss of hovers are pointless now. They did it right and next changes completely erase any effort...

Porcs against hovers isn't the problem, porcs are good against anything else, it's good to have counter against porcs.

Yep.  The difference between an Omnibox and any other purple cab for driving a hover is so vast that its hard to go back to an old school hover.  Try driving more than five hovers with a Quantum cab for a while and see how it goes.  Then Griffon, Nova, Beholder and Yokozuna happened and snappy 20 ton 8-10 hover battleships become possible.  Those old dragonfly hovers are extinct except for seal clubbing day.  

19 hours ago, berkayxj8 said:

Nerf shotguns (whole game is a f ing hug contest ) , make new wide parts with damage pass through so we can use them as spaced armor  , tone down the speed or increase map size ,  3 years past and still cloak+shotgun+cheetah+big foot+wench  builds can travel across the map in 10 seconds and get a easy kill in 5 sec . Fire never ever able to pass through parts fix it ! This can't be "working as intended" . Concepts are different but at least learn something from warthunder ffs.

i think the most cancerous shotgun in the game are breakers. their perk is absolutely stupid, upon taking damage that would knock the gun off it becomes invincable for 1 second with a 35 second cooldown. this is bs because it makes scorpions vulnerable. not to mention the amount of damage breakers do is just absurd. they can strip my cannons in seconds and i cant even get 1 breaker off. this sucks even more now that kapkans had been nerfed. a fat breaker build can just waddle up to me and strip my guns off without worrying about my kapkans catching him. 

as for fire penitrating through armor NO. flamethrowers like firebugs, remedys and dracos should NEVER have the ability to pass through armor, that would be absolutely broken. things like incinerators heat everything they touch so those are fine, but flamethrowers absolutely not. imagine someone strolling up to your build, hooking onto it and just cutting your buind in half with a flamethrower that hits through all parts. no way man. especially if you have a generator or explosives on your build.

14 hours ago, IIllIIllIIIII said:

Good idea, porcu vs hover is pathetic in any situation

why because they are hard to hit? THATS THE POINT.

porcs got a buff to them (which was not necessary) which increased their projectile speed to "make them more effective to hit hovers". i dont see the point because people just fly right up to you and try to face hug you while throwing ungodly amounts of porcs in your face. porcs do the most raw damage of any explosive weapon in the game, having 5 porcs on a vehicle imo is overkill. not to mention the accuracy boost and projectile speed boost made them even more broken. if your on spider legs you pretty much instantly lost. if your on hovers all they need to do is cloak, get right up on you and barf out porcs in your face. pocs have alot of hp to, so good luck shooting them off before they pop off all your wheels and weapons. but as for nerfing hovers, no. leave them the way they are, porcs need a someone viable counter.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

That time when devs buffed porc barrels to withstand mg fire to not explode in face of porc player, everyone with 90 IQ got it that devs are clueless af and unable to make balanced game ever. Existance of Kapkan like weapon to be only from pack is just another proof.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:46 AM, lucashc90 said:

Why not have multiple types of races? I stopped racing since it was changed because even if I mostly got 3th or 4th, it used to be more fun with the huge open maps and unlimited creativity. The new race limits designs too much.

Why not have "Circuit Race" (the current one, divided in Hovers and Wheels), "Checkpoint Race" (old style, a Free-For-All race) and many others? Any racing game worth its bucks always have multiple racing modes. Need For Speed: ProStreet had Grip (divided into Grip Class, Sector Shootout and Time Attack), Drag (divided in 1/2 and 1/4 miles and Wheelie competitions), Drift, and Speed (divided into Speed Challenge and Top Speed Run), so I imagine XO could have at least 2 race modes.

We need more brawls in rotation anyways... (and this is a game about cars! Help me out here @TheLittleSam )

I would like some of those. I wish they'd let people tweak the settings on their gear a little more for race settings though. (I'd be fine if those tweaks only effected races too.) 

They could do a race featuring that little beach patrol pack vehicle just have it specially modified for the event. Could be some type of coastal dune run.

I'd love to see some type of longer off-road baja race across a hilly area like featured in the awakening area. Jumps and boosters would be nice. Point A to X type of thing with multiple waypoints/checkpoints. You could even have active weapons for defending against pve style light ambush raiders. The ammo drops do give boosters more juice after all.

How about a drift jousting free-for-all completion it could be done in stock cars rigged with quad boosters and reloadable specially modified lances (one hit kill power).  You could drift around with them trying to out maneuver other players trying to get the most kills in a time limit or first to get 10 kills. The rat king might love it.

It would just be something different to throw in to the loop. I could probably think up some more as there's so much that could be done in a game like this.

On 3/4/2021 at 5:55 AM, Woodyrojo said:

BlogEN.jpg

Hello, survivors!

Today, as usual, we would like to share the latest information on the upcoming update, confirm a number of guesses and dispel some doubts.

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all.

Dronapocalypse

015.jpg

Dronapocalypse will break out again in the Wasteland closer to April, and already familiar drones will acquire a new company! Don’t miss this event: when else can you become a drone fighting not only with your own kind and a powerful leviathan, but also with your own weapon and its recoil?

By the way, not only the list of available drones will be updated, but also the leviathans themselves and even the location where the battle takes place: new covers and trampolines will be added. Just what is needed for the fast drones and crazy maneuvers!

What else is planned for the next update:

There are rumours here and there of an unknown new survivor scouting the Valley in an armoured car very similar to Syndicate vehicles. Who is he: a member of the new faction or someone pursuing his own goals? We’ll find out soon.

...What? What new garage?!..

In the upcoming update, we plan to launch the ability of selecting a vehicle in clan battles. The choice will be limited to three pre-saved vehicles, and you can change them at the beginning of each next round. We remind you that this is an experimental mechanics based on a number of your suggestions.

We will closely monitor how clan battles change and make a final decision on the future of this mechanics based on the results of the observation.

In one of the nearest updates we are going to solve a fairly frequent issue of using wheels that do not touch the ground — on vehicles with hovers. We are not ready to share the details yet, but we will do so as soon as the variant of changes is close to the final one.

Looking into the future

213.jpg

As part of this blog, we would also like to share plans for the future of brawls. Here by brawls we mean those regular modes that are launched one after the other according to a previously known schedule: “Big black scorpions”, “Race”, etc.

Attention! At the moment, the changes in brawls do not have a specific scheduled date. For now we share our thoughts and plans with you, but the final version can be changed or be completely reworked. We will share additional information with you closer to the implementation of any changes.

We have always paid attention to your comments regarding the schedule and its variations over the entire existence of the game, as well as studied incoming suggestions at the same time. The following conclusions were drawn:

• The very concept of the schedule, given the many time zones and the number of brawls, is bound to be uncomfortable for a number of players.
  • During weekdays, not all of the players have the opportunity to participate in the brawl, even if its time window doesn’t occur during night or early morning.
  • The current number of regular brawls is too big. We would like to concentrate and develop those modes that the players would want to return to again and again because of the unique gameplay.

What is planned to be done?

• Reduce the number of regular brawls and leave only those modes that are most popular among players.
  • Turn brawls into weekend activities: each weekend, one of the brawls will be launched and will be available without interruptions during Saturday and Sunday.
  • Add unique and/or useful rewards for the player for winning in the brawl. It is quite possible that part of rewards can be obtained only in brawls.

This way, on weekends, you will always have the opportunity to participate in your favorite brawl at a convenient time, and receive a good reward for your efforts. And on weekdays when there may not be much time - to concentrate on “Missions” and “Raids”. What do you think about it? Share your opinion in the discussion!

That’s all for today. See you in future blogs and other news!

Im trying to buy some packs on the gaijin.net store for crossout but i have to verify my email and i don't have access to that email i used 7 yrs ago. How do i update my email?

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2021 at 8:47 AM, DON_ZAKA_KAQUITA@psn said:

Im trying to buy some packs on the gaijin.net store for crossout but i have to verify my email and i don't have access to that email i used 7 yrs ago. How do i update my email?

You should send a message to support. This is not the place.

On 3/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, lucashc90 said:

—Race with only wheels touching the road = no skid builds,no hover+wheel mashups. Just 2-4 wheels as movement and every other part dragging against the ground all the time, no no,no entry. 

Minimun part requirements to keep em CARS! 

Force builds to have fuel cell, atleast 1 front and 1 rear light, 1 exhaust and 6 bodyor armor parts. 

6 melee max, and melee has same effect as in pvp.

Engine optional, as our engines truly suck as engines of movement improvisation. 

Hard collision damage when hitting walls, gates, rocks. 

Mild collision damage when crashing on enemy. 

2 sideways boosters max

2 other boosters max. 

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

On 3/4/2021 at 7:45 AM, jellymix said:

Thanks for the reply. @Woodyrojo

One last question. Do you intend to implement a way to make sure that each build has the correct driver?

Builds using master jack/jade for the mass and tonnage in particular dont work well without the correct driver.

Woodyrojo (Posted March 4)

Yes, we're working on a feature to save a blueprint with a particular co-driver. Can't promise that we'll release it with the nearest update, but sometime soon)

@Woodyrojo

SOOOO..... basically you are going to release the car selection in CWs completely broken... On purpose...

Please do not release car selection in CWs without being able to set your driver on every car.

Edited by RoughMonkey

On 3/9/2021 at 4:48 PM, Zarrurer said:

i think the most cancerous shotgun in the game are breakers. their perk is absolutely stupid, upon taking damage that would knock the gun off it becomes invincable for 1 second with a 35 second cooldown. this is bs because it makes scorpions vulnerable. not to mention the amount of damage breakers do is just absurd. they can strip my cannons in seconds and i cant even get 1 breaker off. this sucks even more now that kapkans had been nerfed. a fat breaker build can just waddle up to me and strip my guns off without worrying about my kapkans catching him. 

as for fire penitrating through armor NO. flamethrowers like firebugs, remedys and dracos should NEVER have the ability to pass through armor, that would be absolutely broken. things like incinerators heat everything they touch so those are fine, but flamethrowers absolutely not. imagine someone strolling up to your build, hooking onto it and just cutting your buind in half with a flamethrower that hits through all parts. no way man. especially if you have a generator or explosives on your build.

why because they are hard to hit? THATS THE POINT.

porcs got a buff to them (which was not necessary) which increased their projectile speed to "make them more effective to hit hovers". i dont see the point because people just fly right up to you and try to face hug you while throwing ungodly amounts of porcs in your face. porcs do the most raw damage of any explosive weapon in the game, having 5 porcs on a vehicle imo is overkill. not to mention the accuracy boost and projectile speed boost made them even more broken. if your on spider legs you pretty much instantly lost. if your on hovers all they need to do is cloak, get right up on you and barf out porcs in your face. pocs have alot of hp to, so good luck shooting them off before they pop off all your wheels and weapons. but as for nerfing hovers, no. leave them the way they are, porcs need a someone viable counter.

you just talking some delusions for no reason

It's wrong to allow movement that can be completely avoided from some weapons simply by ignoring crafting elements and using hover.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:21 PM, IIllIIllIIIII said:

you just talking some delusions for no reason

It's wrong to allow movement that can be completely avoided from some weapons simply by ignoring crafting elements and using hover.

not sure what your going on about but porcs dont need to be the most broken weapon in the game there bud, they already can hit hovers just fine if your like 90% of the player base and love face hugging people. porcs need a weakness, they can't be able to counter every single build.

• Upvote 2

On 3/20/2021 at 6:23 AM, Zarrurer said:

not sure what your going on about but porcs dont need to be the most broken weapon in the game there bud, they already can hit hovers just fine if your like 90% of the player base and love face hugging people. porcs need a weakness, they can't be able to counter every single build.

Slow the barrel speed and if any, the momentum they have to climb up the hills. 

Make the barrels hurt the user more if they use pork like many do, in dog-like builds coming in meter away from you, then using barrel like it was reloading shotgun. 

Just now, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Slow the barrel speed and if any, the momentum they have to climb up the hills. 

Make the barrels hurt the user more if they use pork like many do, in dog-like builds coming in meter away from you, then using barrel like it was reloading shotgun. 

yeah, i dont know why but it seems the barrels dont do very much damage to the users. its like they can go up, face hug you, spam barrels till your dead but their build only loses a few pieces of armor in comparison to you losing your entire build when their literally right on top of you in the path of the barrels, in some cases their builds jammed in the side of your build, their barfing out barrels and only lose a small bit of armor while you lose practically your entire build from a few barrels. 

it also still gets to me that porcs are still broken in raids. someone using 5 porcs gets lets say 1800 points while me using 3 arbiters and 1 porc only gets like... 1300 points. no joke. i can deal with 1 porc but when i see 5 i just leave, aint got time to deal with point hogs when i go in for resources. they need to change raids to.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.