[Feedback] Planned balance changes for Crossout update 0.12.50. + and -

Woodyrojo

• Developer

ATTENTION! The topic is created to gather all the constructive feedback regarding the changes and new features in progress. Please, leave your feedback only after you've tested the changes on the special test server. All the posts that are not made in accordance with the example below will be deleted!

EXAMPLE

These are the features I like the most:

• .... (in brief)

These are the features that I don't like:

• ....., because...
  • ....., because...

Conclusion: (brief constructive conclusion that sums up your overall experience)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

In fact, i wrote balance suggestions for every part in the list so i don't think writing what i like and what i don't like is meaningful.
Because i already wrote all.

Also, i didn't change assessment even after testing things.

But i wanna point out few things.

• Reverting the Favorite perk back to original (cooling accumulated heat of weapons) will be better than this change.
  • Mass (weight) overhaul is required to balance the movement parts, Hover and Tracks both and all the others.
  • All drones (Including Fuze, Annihilator, Yaoguai) and turrets needs unity of units and balance overhaul. They must have consistency and united system.
    (e.g. Ammo packs always add additional ammo by certain percentage. But 1 additional launch by Genesis has different proportion and value depending on the kind of drone or turret.)
  • Fix for Meat Grinder and buff fore weak parts such as Trucker would be really nice.
  • The excessive difference of weapon's efficiency and performance depending on the cabin is not good at all.

You can't balance the Cockpit and booster both. When boosters become useful and balanced, Cockpit will be OP.
When Cockpit is fine, that Booster will be meh for vehicles with no Cockpit.

Balanced Pyre, OP Dusk or Weak Pyre, Balanced Dusk.

Balanced Flamethrower, OP Blight or Weak Flamethrower, Balanced Blight.

Current Favorite also has the same paradox. Because some weapons make too huge synergy meanwhile the others do not. (This is why old perk was slightly better. Gap was smaller.)
And this is why i wrote perk suggestions for them.

Sometimes it feels like you guys are trying to fix the tilted roof resulted from broken pillar. Can you guys fix the pillar first?

Anyway, in general, our opinion is positive to planned patch.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Confused 1

So, I got to be on the test server a bit this morning, trying exhibition builds and my own builds. So here's what I got out of things:

Good:

• Omni wheels felt a lot better, and seemed to be less sluggish overall. I don't think you guys are overdoing it, so good on yah. I'd like to see and use more omnis.
  • The hover changes look like they are going to be more balanced than things have been. Both the changes to the stats and the wheels on hovers nerf seem really good, and I am glad it was handled the way it was. I will have to see how people counteract the changes or adapt to know for sure, but it felt right. It seems like you gave a little and took a little to get them on the right path.
  • Kapcans have always been one of those 'have or have not' kind of items, that teams just HAVE to have. I have two myself, but I think lessening their effectiveness is good because of just how powerful they are. I think it's approaching the territory where if they get nerfed more, it could turn out to be too much though.

Bad:

• The nerf Kaiju is not the nerf we need. Though I admit I kind of hate running into an average of 2 1/2 kaiju's per battle in PvP, the weapon feels almost balanced in CWs. The biggest thing bothering me about them is that it's impossible to tell where the bullets are coming from. Some kind of visual would be nice considering how effective they are, so I can retaliate, take cover, anything.

Ugly:

• I couldn't test the Jubboko change as the Jubokko's still had no ammo in the test server and it didn't reflect the patch notes.

Other Notes:

I didn't get to test the Favorite myself, but it feels like you're way over nerfing it. The favorite was already really badly effected by the recent changes, and adding more to it so quickly feels like a knee jerk reaction.

I obviously couldn't test the changes to the Cockpit as far as leviathans go, but on paper I am 100% behind the changes.

Everything else seems like a toss up, could be good, could be bad, but I didn't have a ton of time this morning to test the rest, so I am only commenting on what I really focused on.

Updates for the test server today:

• Good - Meat Grinder is good again. I am glad this got addressed, because the meat grinders got SO sluggish recently that it felt like fighting your build. This feels good again.
  • Good - Kaiju changes to the projectiles were needed. I am not sure if it was a bug on the test server, but I could see the projectiles when I fired them, but not when other people fired them. I think that has to be addressed.

• Bad - Kaiju energy change from 11 to 12, that's overdoing it, and you're gonna kill this weapon. Keep the energy the same, 11 points, and change the projectiles as you've done here. That's the best way to handle it.

• Jubboko ammo is working now, though I don't see as it'll change all too much. It makes sense though, so, I wouldn't say it's good or bad.
  • The newest Hover tweaks... I dunno, this is getting fiddly now. I don't know if it is better before, or better now. I can't really say for sure.

Edited by The_Tennessee
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, The_Tennessee said:

The nerf Kaiju is not the nerf we need. Though I admit I kind of hate running into an average of 2 1/2 kaiju's per battle in PvP, the weapon feels almost balanced in CWs. The biggest thing bothering me about them is that it's impossible to tell where the bullets are coming from. Some kind of visual would be nice considering how effective they are, so I can retaliate, take cover, anything.

Kaiju has durability more than two Scorpions and its damage is also outstanding. (Of course, it can't penetrate armor so damage can't be compared objectively.)
Considering Parameters, Kaiju is as strong as Scorpion and i don't think Scorpion is a weak weapon and Kaiju is neither.

Especially considering the seal clubbing of them, they are not the weapon which needs buff.
But just simple nerf also wouldn't be that helpful. So they need redesign (not buff nor the nerf) and mechanism change.

16 minutes ago, Vedmin_Studen said:

Omni buffs and Hover nerfs, tis what we want )))))

In fact, i wanted mass overhaul to come first before change of movements, but i don't think this is bad.
After weight of parts is re-designed, parameter of movements will be adjusted more properly.
(In fact, max speed of hover vehicles in Crossout feels kinda awkward. To increase the max speed, the other parameters must be adjusted properly.)

Omni wheel should be changed more. It should be a wheel which can strafe, not the smaller Auger.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

1 minute ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Kaiju has durability more than two Scorpions and its damage is also outstanding. (Of course, it can't penetrate armor so damage can't be compared objectively.)
Considering Parameters, Kaiju is as strong as Scorpion and i don't think Scorpion is a weak weapon and Kaiju is neither.

Especially considering the seal clubbing of them, they are not the weapon which needs buff.
But just simple nerf also would be that helpful. So they need redesign (not buff nor the nerf) and mechanism change.

I don't disagree in principle. The slow down effect is a REALLY good downside to them though. Especially in CWs, a kaiju can get eaten alive because of their slow speed. A hover Kaiju and a hover Scorpion are two entirely different monsters to take on. The difference is, Kaiju is actually good on spiders and other things too, so it's very apples and oranges. I won't lament a reload nerf... I just don't think it addresses the big problem, especially in PvP where you just have no ability to dodge, you can barely tell what direction you're being hit from.

I cannot speak to the seal clubbing aspect of this, as I don't play below 11k PS. I just... don't unless I am testing some gimmick build or something. So I have never seen how they perform lower down, just in the big boy leagues and in CW.

I mentioned awful 'mechanism' multiple times and i think i need to explain it with more detail.

The best example of a weapon which has broken mechanism but is neither op nor weak is Miniguns.
They have perks of mechanism "The longer the weapon fires, the higher the its damage." The maximum additional damage is 105% and 150% after 7 seconds. Very enormous.
With maximum bonus, they are turned into the weapon which can deal the most damage in the shortest time.

So what is the best way to use this weapon?

Shooting enemy for 7 seconds to charge the perk? No, no, no.
The answer is shooting the air before attacking the enemy and attacking the enemy when the perk is charged.

Fully charged miniguns can outperform even the melee builds in close range, so minigun sausages play like a melee dog.

Miniguns in CW was always dogs and they are not changed. 

Not only miniguns but also quite many 'range' weapons are better when they are used as a melee weapon. WTF?

This is resulted from awful mechanism. In Crossout, shooting minigun long has a very small penalty.
In other games, Miniguns have limited ammo so shooting air is not a smart move. It is just a waste of ammo.
They can heat up but default heat capacity (time to overheat) is very superior so heating up weapon is not a big problem.

This is why i suggested reducing the massive perk effect. The close range combat must be the role of shotguns, not miniguns.

Instead of 105% and 150%, it should be 30% and 45%. Default damage should be increased a bit. (My suggestion; +20%)
Then the damage at maximum charge will be 76.1% and 69.6%. But before charge, they will deal more damage so hitting the enemy while charging perk will be meaningful.

Reduce a time to overheat a bit. So heating up the minigun will be a enough penalty for a minigun.

Miniguns (and machine guns) should be the range weapon, not close range melee weapon.
As a range weapon (and to compensate the nerf), their range should be increased. Durability also must be adjusted. 

But without mass overhaul, balancing the weapons will be impossible eventually.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Confused 1

Oh, i forgot mentioning this.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:49 PM, Woodyrojo said:

Hover “Icarus IV”

• Tonnage increased from +750 to +1550 kg.
  • Power consumption increased from 8% to 14%.
  • Durability increased from 160 to 200 pts.
  • Increased the chassis’ inertia.
  • Now installing hovers on a vehicle with any other chassis, except mechanical legs, reduces the height of the armoured vehicle above the ground.

Hover “Icarus VII”

• Tonnage increased from +750 to +1100 kg.
  • Power consumption increased from 5% to 10%.
  • Durability increased from 135 to 165 pts.
  • Increased the chassis’ inertia.
  • Now installing hovers on a vehicle with any other chassis, except mechanical legs, reduces the height of the armoured vehicle above the ground.

Tonnages of them are increased by 107% (for Icarus IV) and 47% (for Icarus VII).
Durability are increased by 25% (for Icarus IV) and 22% (for Icarus VII).

Power penalties are increased by 75% (for Icarus IV) and 100% (for Icarus VII).

As you can see, Icarus IV is buffed more and nerfed less than Icarus VII.
After patch, Icarus IV, the pack exclusive part will be superior to Icarus VII, the craftable in overall. I don't think this is right. It feels like P2W.
Moreover, why later 7th model (VII, 7) is inferior to previous 4th model (IV)? It does not make any sense.

I think the tonnage of them should be exchanged. +1550 kg for Icarus VII and +1100 kg for Icarus IV.
Then...

Icarus VII; Tonnage +107%, Durability +22%, Power penalty +100%.
Icarus IV; Tonnage +47%, Durability +25% , Power penalty +75% .

Now it looks more reasonable, doesn't it?

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Tonnages of them are increased by 107% (for Icarus IV) and 47% (for Icarus VII).

After patch, Icarus IV, the pack exclusive part will be superior to Icarus VII, the craftable in overall. I don't think this is right. It feels like P2W.
Moreover, why later 7th model (VII, 7) is inferior to previous 4th model (IV)? It does not make any sense.

I think the tonnage of them should be exchanged. +1550 kg for Icarus VII and +1100 kg for Icarus IV.
Then...

In my opinion the red hovers should carry more but be way slower than blue ones so they actually get different roles instead of copy pasted stats

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Then...

No, a hover Is NOT a tanky build like a tank that why there don’t have to touch on the power penality. Why not on the durability, hahaha, make a typhoon hover with 4 hover after the update is actually a typhoon with 8. Lol that is a problem. But down grade global durability of the hover its okay, if they do this it is gonna be killing hover  who Wants to Play a build who is reaaaallllyyy slow without durability against a good fat spider kapkan.... 

that’s how i think 

These are the features I like the most:
Omni change I think was good - I've tried everywhere from builds with 4 to 12 of them, I think the change will make 8 wheelers more viable.
Drone “Fuze” - old unreliable will still be unreliable but now with more ammo. (How about just letting us drive these like a ground version of the TOW? "You could even put tiny booster rockets on them.")
Armoured track - needed a fix, please work on the small tracks too they are having similar flipping issues.
I like the extra day of testing but please give us a night testing slot at least one.

These are features I'm kind of in-between on:
Hovers - I haven't played with my hovers in a long time with the exception of just building for fun in bedlam. I don't like the wheel change, I think if you don't want a player to mix the movement parts just make a pop up that says they can't be mixed. Having wheels low hover makes no sense what so ever. I'd rather see another item like a ducted assist fan or something that could further increase the carry capacity of hovers then something silly like wheels being tacked on for the same purpose. It would be much more realistic and would be something we could shoot at as a strategy.
Tracking system “Enlightenment” - I don't have any real appreciation of this thing. If it had a radar detector built in I might think about using it. Honestly I'm not even sure why it's classified as a weapon.

These are the features that I don't like:
Kaiju reload change - I don't think it really fixes much of the issue. I'll cover this below as it's longer.
Autonomous drone “Yaoguai” - Durability is an issue but it really needs to move around where it lands. If miss the first time I just move my mouse a little and shoot it again. Let it roam a little and evade a little so long as it's in the same general area that it landed in (AOE). How you have it now is like a stationary aerial turret.

As far as the Kaiju goes I think it could use a little bit of a PS gain. The smallest viable Kaiju build I've seen on the exhibition is called Kaiju_optimized it runs at 5994ps score with 770 durability and it seems a little ridiculous that it can run that low. I've been playing one at 12.7k PS at it runs I can get kills with it but it doesn't stand out or shine. You kind of have to play it as a sniper weapon mostly because partial charges are kind of funky in both aim and power. If you've tried one with a scope you can see the inaccuracy and spread especially at a partial charge. I think it would still be viable at higher if we tacked on 600 - 800ps and made sure that it couldn't be in a 5k match speaking just based on the massive ps.

One of the problems I see with a change to the reload speed is that it is already has a slow charge. What this causes you to do is really sit a lot picking your shots while fully charged. This is because when you fire it at a partial charge you still have the long recharge cycle. What if you tried to tie the percentage of charge to the amount of reload time. If you did this I think you'd see more partial shots in play which would calm the weapon down a little and players wouldn't just play hide and peak game to fire it as it would have a little more versatility in the medium long range.  This type of change still wouldn't let you be as fast a shot as an Assembler which can jump back and forth instantly from charged to partial charge so it would still feel like a different play experience. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

In my opinion the red hovers should carry more but be way slower than blue ones so they actually get different roles instead of copy pasted stats

Well, in any case, both hovers should be equally competitive with a different role (and parameters).
One type hover should not be the superior version of the other.

@Srw-Imatrix@psn Yea, i also believe hover builds shouldn't be something flying tank. 1550 kg tonnage looks weird considering Bigfoot ST's tonnage is only 1250 kg.
How can hover jet bear the mass more than thick fat monster truck wheel?

But i don't worry about power penalty that much because nobody think Bigfoot build is too slow. (Power penalty of Bigfoot ST is 20%.)
If 14% power penalty is too much, then i think Bigfoot should get power penalty buff.

I believe tonnage buff should be reduced and their max speed limit should be adjusted instead.

5 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

I believe tonnage buff should be reduced and their max speed limit should be adjusted instead.

I dont think you get it but...

needing less hovers on a build is actually a nerf...

as they have paper durability thus can be easyly destroyed by arbiters, aspects, reapers, cyclones because they can preciselly aim at hovers while still destroying a lot of armor in the process making other hovers exposed, reapers can also make hovers not able to aim at you properly because of the knockback.

I still think 14% power drain is still not enough for the heaviest  hover tho.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

needing less hovers on a build is actually a nerf...

Less hover = Less power penalty = Less PS.

Why do you think this is a nerf? 

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

you will only need to destroy 2 hovers to criple a hover instead of 4.

they had heir power drain doubled too, but i dont see you talking about that, they will use half of the amount of hovers but will have the same acceleration, they are also gonna change how they work so the acceleration isn't linear anymore too

Edited by davmax07
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Lol, because ITS A BUFF? To get less hovers you car is a lot A LOT Easier to take it dawn than a 10 hover typhoon . a hover blueprint less than 5 hover in clan war its not possible...... 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Kaiju just needs its projectiles to leave visible traces and there is still that unadressed top speed loss on Omni wheels.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Srw-Imatrix@psn said:

Lol, because ITS A BUFF? To get less hovers you car is a lot A LOT Easier to take it dawn than a 10 hover typhoon . a hover blueprint less than 5 hover in clan war its not possible...... 

crickets hover,

locust hover,

griffon scorpion hover,

Helios hover, assembler hover, etc. if include old craft

and those 2 was my craft copied 

The number of hover for crickets and locust was 4

Rejoice, it's hover buff

Well, I'm looking forward to how much the player will quit

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, XiOiUS said:

crickets hover,

locust hover,

griffon scorpion hover,

Helios hover, assembler hover, etc. if include old craft

and those 2 was my craft copied 

The number of hover for crickets and locust was 4

Rejoice, it's hover buff

Well, I'm looking forward to how much the player will quit

Ah so you think it is a buff of hovers... my lord.... you just gonna be tanky of a hover with this update. And that is NOT the issue for hovers ok maybe it will not change anything for thoose Craft but, u miss 70% of the other crafts..... (porcs,typh,etc....) you just gonna be a boat. So what a porc on Wheels? Against tanky spider because never a porc wheels will win against him so after this « BUFF » like you say hop no body go Play with hovers anymore and let’s go spider than bla-bla-bla nothing to counter spider. 

so I think that’s not a good idea....

• Upvote 1

The Good

Crossbow “Phoenix”  – This weapon has needed love for a long time. I think it will need more than the reload time reduced by 10% in the long run, but this is a good change.

Autonomous drone “Yaoguai” - Anything to make this weapon better is welcome, thank you.

Hover “Icarus IV” - Hover “Icarus VII”  – Thank you! These changes were needed for a long time. Most of the builds I play are hovers, and this will affect them all, BUT the only reason most of my builds are hovers is because in the current state of the game they are my only choice. With these new changes some builds will be good on hovers, but some will be better on wheels, spider legs and tracks. This is the kind of change we needed for 2021 and this looks like the start of moving the whole game in the right direction!

Chassis “Omni” –  This was also a much needed change. They do feel much better now. Could use a little more, but I would rather see baby steps than an over buff.

The Medium

Minelayer “Kapkan”  – The fire rate reduction I like, but I do not think it needed the rope change for fast builds. Currently a single kapkan can not stop any high PS fast build I own. I can break it 100% of the time even without your change.

Cabin “Cockpit” –  Cockpit really needed another nerf and we will take anything you give us for sure. But this is not enough, I would rather you just remove this cab from Leviathans or make it so Levitations can not use boosters at all.

Pulse cannon “Kaiju”  – Same thing with Kaiju – ANY nerf is welcome, so please keep it in!!  – I just do not think this is the nerf that will fix this weapon. When the first shot can de-gun a full build what does it mater if they have to wait longer? it is better than an over nerf.

The Bad

Automatic weapon “Caucasus”  was the Optimal and maximum range of fire reduced by 30% really needed?? I dont think this gun is an issue.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

Kaiju just needs its projectiles to leave visible traces and there is still that unadressed top speed loss on Omni wheels.

use golden eagle engine

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Srw-Imatrix@psn said:

Imagine a world where you don't have 80 parts limit, and don't have to burn it on frames to hold your hovers. In that world maybe you'd be right. In our world, unless the inertia change is MASSIVE, endgame hovers are getting buffed.

The low PS agile ones are getting slammed tho, but noone will miss that crap except the tryhards who played it.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Imagine a world where you don't have 80 parts limit, and don't have to burn it on frames to hold your hovers. In that world maybe you'd be right. In our world, unless the inertia change is MASSIVE, endgame hovers are getting buffed.

The low PS agile ones are getting slammed tho, but noone will miss that crap except the tryhards who played it.

Lol hover will be nerfed and in you world you gonna cry. The spider will take the places of the hovers and you gonna say « please nerf spider ». Hover are the skillest movement part. And he good players you wanna punish them that’s not great.hover will  be replaced by spider 

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Srw-Imatrix@psn said:

Lol hover will be nerfed and in you world you gonna cry. The spider will take the places of the hovers and you gonna say « please nerf spider ». Hover are the skillest movement part. And he good players you wanna punish them that’s not great.hover will  be replaced by spider 

Played hovers 1 year in CW, IMO they're one of the movement parts that requires the less skills.

Come back when you learnt how to drive without flipping instead of pressing S over obstacles like a stooge.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi there, here my 5 cents

Phoenix: I suggest to reduce PS to 1100, like Spike. Phoenix and Spike are very similar and I don't see a reason to have Spike at 1100 PS while Phoenix is at 1375 PS. If u lower PS, I don't see reason to speed up reload.

Favorite cab: last nerf was done to block abuse of Perk on Miniguns in CW (continuous firing). The issue today are the low PS (6-8k PS) sealclubbers that can be effective with Shotguns, especially Gravastar, using just 1 Radiators because anyway they have 3 seconds of free fire.

Proposed change for Fav Cab: Fav cab Perk will provide 0,5 more second of firing for any Radiators/Cooler installed. Ex: if u have 2 Rads and 1 Cooler, the cab Perk, when activated, will allow you to have 1,5 seconds of firing without heating weapons. Sealclubbing with Shotguns will be no more possible, if you have 1 Radiator the Perk will give you only 0,5 seconds of additional firing. While for High PS build, the Perk will remain pretty good (but a bit worst than now), but no more Infinite Firing for KTMs like builds.

Kaiju: I think Devs released Kaiju to be effective weapon in CW and effective it is. At current state Kaiju is a Relict weapon. The issue is that you can use it at 5 k PS. Gameplay now at 6-8 k PS is impossible, everybody camps at spawn and if you put your nose out you are dead, especially when there are 3-4 Kaiju players on enemy team.

May I compare Kaiju with his brothers Assemblers and Pulsar? Here it is:

Weapon                           Base Damage                                             Power drain                     PS         Drawbacks   

Pulsar                350+with splash dmg, some penetration          2xPulsars use 12 Energy        4800     slow speed projectile, big hitbox

Assembler         600+ dmg, low penetration                               2xAssemblers use 12 Energy  4800    no splash dmg, not good with spaced armor, if hoverheating you lose the shoot and guns get  damaged more

Kaiju                  850 dmg 1st hit, 1000+ 2nd volley                    1xKaiju use 11 energy             4400    effective form distance, from midrange, from close range (oops no drawbacks here).... slow turning radius

The difference between Pulsar, Assemblers and Kaiju is way too big and Kaiju use less Energy and have lower PS

I understand Devs try to apply a nerf that can affect PvP but not CW, slowing reload wont affect CW too much, but wont change too much either at 6-8 k PS in PvP

Proposed change for Kaiju:

1. Raise PS to 5400 because using less energy is an advantage !!!!
  2. Slow Shooting Speed within salvo of 200%, you should apply same nerf about slow shooting within salvo that has been applied to Crickets
  3. Lower Dmg to 500 1st salvo and to 600 2nd salvo. It will be still very powerful.

Or just promote Kaiju to Relict... or, if you still want Kaiju to be effective for CW, just raise PS to 7200, like 2xRelicts

Hope this helps.

WirWho

Edited by WirWho
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.