[Stories] Radio “Voice of the Wasteland”

Woodyrojo

• Developer

RadioENGIF.gif

The new issue of a one-page newspaper (let’s be honest — what kind of radio is this anyway) from Alex Murch, with the proud title “Voice of the Wasteland” is already here.

And we’ll start with the most “liked” comment of the last issue, which, again, is about portraits:

I really wanted this portrait, I saw it many times on the game forum! My comment “Mmm, I want this portrait” turned out to be liked because people also want this portrait and liked my comment so that you can see that we want portraits!

Well, such a clear interest definitely delights me, which means that the upcoming deliveries will be able to satisfy not only a collector like me, but several other survivors as well. All we can do is wait.

But what you don’t have to wait for is an answer from Porcupine. Because I have already visited the village and used something that they call “a mail service”. Some kind of stall in the market, a woman of undetermined age accepts requests for shipments, and can even throw a stone at those whom she doesn’t like! Nobody wanted to respond — her patrons were too powerful, and the mail must be sent one way or another. Nevertheless, someone shouted from behind the backs of his comrades:

— I’ll show you, my dear! And your dog too!

The dog, and where he saw it both remained a mystery.

The reply letter came suspiciously quickly. As if the Porcupine was somewhere very close. This was both pleasing and alarming at the same time:

“Hey! Oh, what I’m planning here, what I have found here! You won’t believe what you can do with a cannon with grenades stuffed in it! I thought it would explode, but no, it works! You’re gonna love it, you'll see. Oh, you will like it. The newcomers, the ones who are loud and drive without mufflers, liked it too, so I’m thinking about either keeping it or giving it to them for production, what do you think? It doesn’t matter, I won’t read the next letter from you anyway. DO NOT WRITE TO ME!
Many hugs, your Porc.”

envan03.jpg

I have to admit I missed his style of writing. And, I’ll tell you a secret, at least he expresses himself more clearly and directly than Valla.

Now I have new information and I can to do something else:

1. Write to Valla;
  2. Write to Porcupine;
  3. Make a contest among the commentators with 1 Japanese pack as a prize.
  4. Upgrade my armoured car;
  5. Sunbathe on the roof.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

A cannon with grenades stuffed in it! That sounds like a weapon going for my heart!

• Upvote 2

Let me guess, the next pack will be with some pork-kaiju cannon. Dudes, the game is still not recovered from the current OP weapon spam. Please don't.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

envan03.jpg

I have no single idea what it is.

The only thing i know is, it looks so awesome.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

I have no single idea what it is.

The only thing i know is, it looks so awesome.

Seems like a cannon that shoots chargeable grenades that explodes on contact... this reeks of energy based explosives. Maybe its a follow-up to Arothron? Maybe its just the plasma cannon equivalent of Phoenix. Perhaps the unholy marriage between Assembler and GL-55.

Hummm.... long range Spark (EMP mine launcher)? Probably not because it makes clear its main form of damage is explosive (which can be plasma, powder or lead based in this universe).

What we do know:

1. it shoots spheres
  2. you can charge those spheres
  3. spheres explodes on impact
  4. it looks like a stretched out Pulsar
Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Seems like a cannon that shoots chargeable grenades.

Maybe its a follow-up to Arothron?

im thinking it may be artilhary like...

what if it charges up a single big powerfull slow heavy projectile that is dragged donwards a lot by gravity, making it basically an artilhary, and the more you charge, the more damage and explosion radius but the projectile becomes heavyer too?

Hmm, there are already weapons similar to a grenade launcher, such as GL-55 or Retcher ... only that the grenades would be magnetic and explode soon without a long wait and have a long range, charging the weapon would be fast, otherwise it will be useless .. . it might not be a bad inspired by games like Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 Arena .... In any case, please do it thoughtfully, so again did not follow the usual - nerff buff nerff buff ...

THNX

Edited by _Moribundus_

give me this now! 

Awesome stuff here. Please be a relic :)

What does this mean??

1643346499_ScreenShot2021-03-22at8_59_51

Edited by RoughMonkey
  • Upvote 2

I hope this comes out soon and be OP, then everyone will play it and forgets about the Kaiju. Then I can play the Kaiju peacefully:004:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

give me this now! 

Awesome stuff here. Please be a relic :)

What does this mean??

It seems to mean that if you have let's say an engine, a cloak and a verifier, you have 3 energy points used for hardware, so you'll have the damage bonus x3 for the whole battle. That's how I interpret this text.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

What does this mean??

Probably the damages you can deal increase depending on the number of "hardware" parts that consume energy on your build, like radiators and coolers, engine etc. Just a wild guess. 

new relic?????this is why uranium price rise?

Edited by Eljesu007
  • Upvote 1

I love grenades im crossout, nothings cooler then two retchers. 
this could be my new love... maybe! 
hope to see this thing in action soon!

It will be part of an pack right? Pack exclusive i guess, to grind more money. But this thing will be at least legendary or am i wrong?! Was there ever a legendary part in a pack?? What will it cost? 500$ then?!    :005j:

1 hour ago, Charlie9204 said:

It seems to mean that if you have let's say an engine, a cloak and a verifier, you have 3 energy points used for hardware, so you'll have the damage bonus x3 for the whole battle. That's how I interpret this text.

1 hour ago, C_Geremy said:

Probably the damages you can deal increase depending on the number of "hardware" parts that consume energy on your build, like radiators and coolers, engine etc. Just a wild guess. 

That seems to be the case yes. So that's how it will be "charged".

This opens up the possibility for weapons to scale along the PS of your build, which seems quite interesting.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

DO NOT WRITE TO ME!

Knowing Porcupine, if he tells us to not write him, we should definitely write him. :smile: He might have more intriguing surprises like this grenade cannon. Maybe he could point us in the direction of where the fabled golden cloak is hiding.

By the way, I love the name. ' Dragon King ' foreshadows an instrument of mayhem of royal proportions! :biggrin:

Edited by Omega616

I look into my.... crystal ball of sorts, still don't know if it's just an odd grenade, and predict that that this weapon will be a relic, simply by its name! 

Kaiju means 'strange beast', and can thus be a dragon. This prototype is named 'dragon god', implying that it surpasses the kaiju. If anything can be said, it's that this thing will cause absolute mayhem if it does end up in the hands of those savage survivors!

I still don't know what those symbols in the lower right mean, as for those numbers. I guess those are either random or an (early) easter egg

Can anyone translate the Korean symbols?

Edited by TrackedCat
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Eljesu007 said:

new relic?????this is why uranium price rise?

I hope it is a relic and not a purple pack item.

watch - we are going to end up with a new spider pack with this thing on top of it.

so we will have something that could be an awesome relic be complete trash.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hmm cannon with retcher projectiles. Sounds awesome! It seems to be a massive weapon, but we will see!

• Upvote 2

we will see. but pleace dont focus only on weapons . maybe a new game mode or the old new meps like casle

• Upvote 1

wow i'm so excited for what's to come, that looks powerful, good job developers (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ                                                                                                                                                 i choose the option 3

Edited by IfrancoI
  • Upvote 1

I vote for

8 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Make a contest among the commentators with 1 Japanese pack as a prize.

Hmm... it seems we're starting April Fools early this year.

A weapon from the Syndicate; which we are already more than half-way through the BattlePass with... and a perk like that?

This blueprint will probably be a sticker awarded to us for winning in the event.

• Confused 2

shock wave grenade launcher that disrupts all energy weapon?

Screenshot_2021-03-22 [Stories] Radio “Voice of the Wasteland”.png