Choosing your difficulty level

I was thinking today how Crossout allows you to select your difficulty level by choosing different builds.

We all have our dependable builds, but we probably also all have high risk/reward builds that are harder to use, but satisfying when you succeed.

Do you have an easy-mode build you turn to when you want to relax? Or a hard-mode build that you turn to when you want a challenge?

Mostly it depends on what PS my friends are playing if they're on, but my recent go-to build has been my triple Toadfish, its good run rolling most enemies, firing backwards, plus I managed to get both fuel barrels in it so I have even more reason to use it -

3 Toadfish, Cheetah and Mk1 Cloak

08-04-2021_04-45-32-4xmc2gv1.thumb.png.a

Second up as easy builds would be my Cricket builds, dual with kapkan and triple versions of both, quite easy to use, Helios both run the Power Unit. Crickets are all fused for damage, durability and spread which is nice -

3 Crickets, Hot red and Mk2 Cloak

08-04-2021_04-45-25-rnr14dfq.thumb.png.f

2 Crickets, Cheetah, Mk1 Cloak and Kapkan

08-04-2021_04-44-49-11kq232x.thumb.png.3

08-04-2021_04-44-57-d4rzvz3s.thumb.png.d

3 Helios, Power Unit, Cheetah and Mk2 Cloak

08-04-2021_04-45-16-ghhmu52t.thumb.png.b

2 Helios, Power Unit, Cheetah, Mk1 Cloak and Kapkan

08-04-2021_04-45-56-dna1pxzz.thumb.png.8

08-04-2021_04-46-04-ckg23yym.thumb.png.6

Harder build is my faster build project, way less armour, running dual Retchers or Scorpion, good fun, super fast -

2 Retchers, Mk2 Cloak, Cheetah and Epic Radiator (RN Seal)

08-04-2021_04-45-06-xn3xp4fu.thumb.png.5

Scorpion, Cheetah, Mk1 Cloak, Verifier, Kapkan and Neutrino scope

08-04-2021_04-45-40-w0skbaf0.thumb.png.6

08-04-2021_04-45-48-jrr2kiwf.thumb.png.4

All modules are fused apart from kapkan, including wheels, cabs for power etc, keep speed.

• Like 4

I have art builds and I have spaced armour uggo type meta builds.  For me art builds are hard mode.  And my cw builds are the easy mode. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For me, my easy mode builds are turrets or yaoguai, just because I’ll usually survive to the end of the match and I don’t feel in danger most of the time.

The original trinity of MGs, SGs, and cannons are also relaxing to play, mostly because of how familiar they feel. You can go on autopilot pretty much.

Hard mode for me are all the weird niche things: Arothrons, Phoenixes, Meatgrinders, Medians, Tempura, etc. Gets my adrenaline flowing!

• Upvote 1

Depends on what I’m doing for weekly challenges, but I’ve been mostly using a 5100 ps motorcycle style growl build with aurora and 2 sinus-o, 2 Omni wheels,  for everything but hard raids. It’s a challenge when I get matched with players 8k plus, but it’s brought new enjoyment to otherwise mindless grinding wins. Plus, it’s a blast countersteering with the strafe keys to really cut into driving maneuvers. I have a 12k ps double retcher build for when it’s gonna get noisy. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

I was thinking today how Crossout allows you to select your difficulty level by choosing different builds.

We all have our dependable builds, but we probably also all have high risk/reward builds that are harder to use, but satisfying when you succeed.

Do you have an easy-mode build you turn to when you want to relax? Or a hard-mode build that you turn to when you want a challenge?

The longer range weapons you go the more chances you have for a more "relaxing" game.

The shorter the range of your weapons, the more risky/rewarding your gameplay becomes.

I play mid range and below and love my firebug..Kaiju if i want to be more "relaxed".

I believe that if you want some actual relaxation you go raiding with casual mentality, pvp has stress involved whether you play long or short range.

• Like 1

All of my PvP and PvE builds are pretty streamlined and more or less "artsy" which some might consider to be "hard mode," I do however upgrade a lot of stuff, especially wheels to remedy the handicap of only having 4 wheels so my builds aren't too easy to cripple with a single shot. Or Cabins for Power, to keep some of that speed.

I keep the ugly stuff for Clan Wars, although my Breaker builds are a bit streamlined as well, but my Mastodon builds are really ugly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I play mostly with impulses, incinerators, wasps, often on meatgrinders as"difficult" builds. As an easy build I have a Nova sinus hover. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, YouKnowIts420 said:

Mostly it depends on what PS my friends are playing if they're on, but my recent go-to build has been my triple Toadfish, its good run rolling most enemies, firing backwards, plus I managed to get both fuel barrels in it so I have even more reason to use it -

3 Toadfish, Cheetah and Mk1 Cloak

08-04-2021_04-45-32-4xmc2gv1.thumb.png.a

Second up as easy builds would be my Cricket builds, dual with kapkan and triple versions of both, quite easy to use, Helios both run the Power Unit. Crickets are all fused for damage, durability and spread which is nice -

3 Crickets, Hot red and Mk2 Cloak

08-04-2021_04-45-25-rnr14dfq.thumb.png.f

2 Crickets, Cheetah, Mk1 Cloak and Kapkan

08-04-2021_04-44-49-11kq232x.thumb.png.3

08-04-2021_04-44-57-d4rzvz3s.thumb.png.d

3 Helios, Power Unit, Cheetah and Mk2 Cloak

08-04-2021_04-45-16-ghhmu52t.thumb.png.b

2 Helios, Power Unit, Cheetah, Mk1 Cloak and Kapkan

08-04-2021_04-45-56-dna1pxzz.thumb.png.8

08-04-2021_04-46-04-ckg23yym.thumb.png.6

Harder build is my faster build project, way less armour, running dual Retchers or Scorpion, good fun, super fast -

2 Retchers, Mk2 Cloak, Cheetah and Epic Radiator (RN Seal)

08-04-2021_04-45-06-xn3xp4fu.thumb.png.5

Scorpion, Cheetah, Mk1 Cloak, Verifier, Kapkan and Neutrino scope

08-04-2021_04-45-40-w0skbaf0.thumb.png.6

08-04-2021_04-45-48-jrr2kiwf.thumb.png.4

All modules are fused apart from kapkan, including wheels, cabs for power etc, keep speed.

Buy Snowfalls and send the drifting one-shot gifs!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Buy Snowfalls and send the drifting one-shot gifs!

I'm really curious of where you get the PTSD about that weapon from, even you and I have different points of view on pretty much everything , I'm not asking that in a "being an xxxxxxx" way this time, I'm really curious about it.. Literally, you are the only person in this entire forum I've seen complaining about it, no one else has mentioned it in any post I can remember, and for what little I played since it's introduction, I've never seen anyone using it

6 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

I'm really curious of where you get the PTSD about that weapon from, even you and I have different points of view on pretty much everything , I'm not asking that in a "being an xxxxxxx" way this time, I'm really curious about it.. Literally, you are the only person in this entire forum I've seen complaining about it, no one else has mentioned it in any post I can remember, and for what little I played since it's introduction, I've never seen anyone using it

I don’t think he’s complaining - I think he likes them (unless I’m confused about who he is).

I also like snowfalls, but I see few others playing them. Tricky to get the hang of, but they hit really hard once you figure them out.

12 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

I got PTSD from popping 5 opponents and racking 3k score MVP half my games with them tbh >.>
Even trolled with 9k PS build in CW, doesn't matter, two good volley delete anything.

I played Crickets for a while when they were at their strongest, and Snowfall's honestly miles better.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Upvote 1

I play small seal-clubber hovers with fusioned Vectors when I want to relax and easily clap my enemies. Sometimes I may get KO'd in one hit but that's why I have discord open in another screen so I can watch some memes while the clock runs out as my teammates chase after the last drone carrier on the enemy team.

I play Whirlwind Spider in 13K PS range for the challenge since the game keeps pitting me against 18K CW hover builds whenever I use it.

Edited by Spedemix
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1