"bug" in jubokko lets Photon boost it, but it doesnt let Quamtom do it too?

Spoiler

r/Crossout - Jubokko damage is buffed by Photon but not by Quantum

image taken from a reddite post.

i dont think i am allowed to send reddit links here

basically, i want both of them to affect the jubboko, or both of then to not affect the jubboko. i would realy wish it was the first one tho.

it is probably not a bug, maybe the devs just forgetting to make jubokko be affected  by quamtum?

not posting in bug reports because i wasnt the one who tested, and i dont have the gear to prove it happens.

Edited by davmax07
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • davmax07 changed the title to "bug" in jubokko lets Photon boost it, but it doesnt let Quamtom do it too?

What happened to the other thread about this?

Anyways.  Jiboku is placed under the minelayer list, not the energy list, so I would assume neither cabin buff it.  Then I look back at annihilator.  I Remeber reading or hearing the devs gave the annihilator the ability to receive photons buff after some active server time.  I know quantum def doesn't buff annihilator.  

So I suppose if annihilator is getting photons buff then it makes sense jiboku does as well. 

They probably didn't give these weapons a quantum buff because for quantum you don't need to use fire or heat to get your dmg increase.  You can just hide and fire, which may bee a lil too op in the devs minds in terms of buffing those weapons.  However seeing as both underperform I don't see why both couldn't have the quantum buff.  Maybe no quantum buff for PC annihilator though.  That may be too much annihilator pew pew. 

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

It does energy damage so both Cabins should buff it's damage (doesn't matter if it's a "Minelayer") Jade should also buff it's damage, which doesn't look like is working either. It's parameters clearly describe it as Energy Damage and that should qualify it for the buff from Jade and the two cabins. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, PriorityOne said:

It does energy damage so both Cabins should buff it's damage (doesn't matter if it's a "Minelayer") Jade should also buff it's damage, which doesn't look like is working either. It's parameters clearly describe it as Energy Damage and that should qualify it for the buff from Jade and the two cabins. 

Neither Jubokko nor annihilator have the word energy in their description cards.... Anywhere.  Jubboko has electricity. 

It seems when it comes to weapon descriptions specifying what buffs what, devs have fallen rather short.   They had a solid formula.  But lately they've been switching up a lot of descriptions all over item description cards and even our tech tree titles.  They've muddied it up a bit along the way.  And they definitely need to take a thorough look at these and some other item descriptions and make them more clear and precise.  Blights  description is brutal now for instence, and innacurate. 

I'm meaning don't take them too directly.  They seem to be pairing more based on balance than type. 

Edited by tenshiijin
  • Confused 3
1 hour ago, tenshiijin said:

Neither Jubokko nor annihilator have the word energy in their description cards.... Anywhere.  Jubboko has electricity. 

It seems when it comes to weapon descriptions specifying what buffs what, devs have fallen rather short.   They had a solid formula.  But lately they've been switching up a lot of descriptions all over item description cards and even our tech tree titles.  They've muddied it up a bit along the way.  And they definitely need to take a thorough look at these and some other item descriptions and make them more clear and precise.  Blights  description is brutal now for instence, and innacurate. 

I'm meaning don't take them too directly.  They seem to be pairing more based on balance than type. 

Click on both of those weapon's parameters - You'll see "Energy Damage" as it's damage type underneath the power score.

"Electricity" isn't a damage type in game. There's "Bullet Damage, Energy Damage, Blast Damage, and Thermal Damage." I think that's it.

As far as Jubokko and Annihilator are concerned, they might not work with the cabins because they are not classified as "Energy Weapons" in the technology tree. Even though all the weapons in the "Energy Weapons" section descriptions classify them as something else (Laser Drill, Plasma Emitter/Gun/Emitter, etc...) they should (and do?) receive benefits from the two cabs. Before the technology came around, I am reasonably sure the Quantum (I think the Photon came after the Tree was created) used to buff anything that did energy damage. 

Now that I check it out, Jade's description now affects "Energy Weapons" so that's why no benefit for those two items as well. I had it in my head it buffed "Energy Damage." I am not sure if that description has changed or not, but either way looks like Jubokko receiving a buff from the photon is a bug.

Edited by PriorityOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
10 hours ago, PriorityOne said:

Click on both of those weapon's parameters - You'll see "Energy Damage" as it's damage type underneath the power score.

"Electricity" isn't a damage type in game. There's "Bullet Damage, Energy Damage, Blast Damage, and Thermal Damage." I think that's it.

As far as Jubokko and Annihilator are concerned, they might not work with the cabins because they are not classified as "Energy Weapons" in the technology tree. Even though all the weapons in the "Energy Weapons" section descriptions classify them as something else (Laser Drill, Plasma Emitter/Gun/Emitter, etc...) they should (and do?) receive benefits from the two cabs. Before the technology came around, I am reasonably sure the Quantum (I think the Photon came after the Tree was created) used to buff anything that did energy damage. 

Now that I check it out, Jade's description now affects "Energy Weapons" so that's why no benefit for those two items as well. I had it in my head it buffed "Energy Damage." I am not sure if that description has changed or not, but either way looks like Jubokko receiving a buff from the photon is a bug.

All that stuff about various damage types is pointless to say.   It's irrelivent.  Because there are sub category dammage types like plasma emitter that have modules that buff only that dammage type specifically.  Some weapons like fortune have no dammage type description(fire) yet fortune deals fire dammage, as far as trials go.  It's not so cut an dry anymore.

Also when's the last time you looked at these weapons description cards.  Under Jubokko 1600 power score it merely says "dammage".  Now maybe for some reason they have different score card visuals on different platforms, but I highly doubt it. Maybe it's time you checked things before spewing incorrect info in an attempt to correct already correct info. 

The jobokko getting photon buff isn't a bug.  Devs did that intentionally, just as they gave this to annihilator in a patch.  They know... and did it on purpose. 

Your kind of talking out your butt dude.... 

• Confused 3

Remove photon’s ability to boost jubokko, NOW!!!!

6 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

All that stuff about various damage types is pointless to say.   It's irrelivent.  Because there are sub category dammage types like plasma emitter that have modules that buff only that dammage type specifically.  Some weapons like fortune have no dammage type description(fire) yet fortune deals fire dammage, as far as trials go.  It's not so cut an dry anymore.

Also when's the last time you looked at these weapons description cards.  Under Jubokko 1600 power score it merely says "dammage".  Now maybe for some reason they have different score card visuals on different platforms, but I highly doubt it. Maybe it's time you checked things before spewing incorrect info in an attempt to correct already correct info. 

The jobokko getting photon buff isn't a bug.  Devs did that intentionally, just as they gave this to annihilator in a patch.  They know... and did it on purpose. 

Your kind of talking out your butt dude.... 

I play on PC - What platform do you play on?

On PC all of that "stuff" about damage types is NOT pointless to say as DAMAGE types are specifically buffed by various things. Examples? Blight cabin buffs "fire damage" of Flamethrowers, Artillery, and Tempura (all different WEAPON types with the same DAMAGE type.)  Harpy Cabin buffs "Explosion Radius by 20%" for such things as canons, rockets, missiles, FORTUNES, etc (all different WEAPON types with the same kind of damage.)

Fortunes deal BLAST damage. Jubokko deals ENERGY damage. The Power Unit for Plasma Emitters buffs only that type of Weapon, not a damage type. You are confusing weapon type with damage type. They are not the same. Weapons are typically buffed by their type OR the type of damage they do. Plasma Emitters are not a "sub category damage type." They are a type of weapon which has a damage type called "Energy Damage."  The Photon and Quantum cabins buff ENERGY weapons. Jubokko is NOT an energy weapon so should not be getting any benefit from either of those cabins. The fact it is getting a benefit from the Photon makes it a BUG. 

If you play on PC then perhaps you don't know how to inspect a weapon's PARAMETERS? I don't know if that's an option on the other platforms or not but there you can inspect what type of damage a weapon does. To go to the weapon's parameters, right click on the item and you will see "Trade and Parameters" as a clickable option at the top. Click on it. Then, at the very top you will be able to click on "PARAMETERS" or "TRADE." Again, not sure if that is an option on other platforms but it is on PC. If you play on PC and don't know how to do that then perhaps it is YOU who should check some things before offering that same advice. 

My initial mistake in my very first post in this thread was thinking the cabins buffed energy damage which they do not and neither does Jade. Now, do you want to continue being rude or get back on track?

Edited by PriorityOne
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PriorityOne said:

I play on PC - What platform do you play on?

On PC all of that "stuff" about damage types is NOT pointless to say as DAMAGE types are specifically buffed by various things. Examples? Blight cabin buffs "fire damage" of Flamethrowers, Artillery, and Tempura (all different WEAPON types with the same DAMAGE type.)  Harpy Cabin buffs "Explosion Radius by 20%" for such things as canons, rockets, missiles, FORTUNES, etc (all different WEAPON types with the same kind of damage.)

Fortunes deal BLAST damage. Jubokko deals ENERGY damage. The Power Unit for Plasma Emitters buffs only that type of Weapon, not a damage type. You are confusing weapon type with damage type. They are not the same. Weapons are typically buffed by their type OR the type of damage they do. Plasma Emitters are not a "sub category damage type." They are a type of weapon which has a damage type called "Energy Damage."  The Photon and Quantum cabins buff ENERGY weapons. Jubokko is NOT an energy weapon so should not be getting any benefit from either of those cabins. The fact it is getting a benefit from the Photon makes it a BUG. 

If you play on PC then perhaps you don't know how to inspect a weapon's PARAMETERS? I don't know if that's an option on the other platforms or not but there you can inspect what type of damage a weapon does. To go to the weapon's parameters, right click on the item and you will see "Trade and Parameters" as a clickable option at the top. Click on it. Then, at the very top you will be able to click on "PARAMETERS" or "TRADE." Again, not sure if that is an option on other platforms but it is on PC. If you play on PC and don't know how to do that then perhaps it is YOU who should check some things before offering that same advice. 

My initial mistake in my very first post in this thread was thinking the cabins buffed energy damage which they do not and neither does Jade. Now, do you want to continue being rude or get back on track?

I think you misunderstand what I mean. 

53 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

I think you misunderstand what I mean. 

Do you play on PC? Do you know how to find the Technology Tree?

Did I misunderstand the part about you claiming Fortunes do Fire Damage when they do Blast Damage? No, you did.

Did I misunderstand the part where you called a Plasma Emitter a "sub category damage type" when it's a weapon type in Energy Weapons? No, you did.

Did I misunderstand the part where you don't understand what weapon parameters are, or where you can find them? No, you did.

Did I misunderstand the part where a weapon (the Jubokko) is getting buffed by a cabin when it shouldn't be and that's called a BUG? No, you did. The Jubokko is very clearly labelled, and functions as, a "Minelayer" and the Photon and Quantum indicate very clearly they buff "Energy Weapons." When an item in game doesn't do what it's supposed to do then that's called a "bug."

Did I misunderstand one of your earlier posts where you said "Jubboko has electricity" when there is no such thing in this game? No, you did. It does energy damage.

Did I understand weapon descriptions are not always accurate and there is sometimes something lost in the translation from Russian to English? Yes. Is this one of those cases where the translation is messed up? No.

You said I was "kind of talking out of my butt" when it's you who doesn't understand what you are talking about and I (and the other readers) are supposed to believe you know what the Devs did intentionally? No. I didn't misunderstand that either. 

You have a nice day.

Edited by PriorityOne
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, davmax07 said:

Remove photon’s ability to boost jubokko, NOW!!!!

Double Jubokko Incinerator on a tilted Photon cabin sounds strong.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:53 AM, tenshiijin said:

What happened to the other thread about this?

Here:

And this is my opinion about this issue:

22 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Mandrake is a howtizer while Porcupine is a minelayer but aren't both affected by the Blight perk? How about Harpy? It affects every weapon that has somekind of explosive damage.

What I'm saying is most weapons deal somekind of damage (fire, energy, explosive, etc.) and for some reason, even if Jubokko clearly deals electric damage, Quantum doesn't seem to care (or Jubokko's damage isn't properly classified as such).

This could all be fixed if they just created a combination of weapon types and damage to classify every weapon.

For example:

• Gravastar - energy shotgun
  • Mandrake - flame howtizer
  • Aurora - energy minigun
  • Fatman - explosive cannon
  • Reaper - explosive minigun
  • Whirlwind - explosive autocannon
  • Whirl - cartridge autocannon
  • Tackler - cartridge machinegun
  • Junkbow - cartridge shotgun
  • Annihilator - energy drone
  • Grenadier - explosive drone
  • Retcher - explosive launcher
  • Scorpion - cartridge accelerator
  • Kaiju - energy accelerator
  • Yongwang - explosive launcher

Something along those lines.

image.png.9e0a7f4a372184be43e540e9f8900c

i was sure jubokko's description mentioned something about electricity.

what now?

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, davmax07 said:

image.png.9e0a7f4a372184be43e540e9f8900c

i was sure jubokko's description mentioned something about electricity.

what now?

Sure, it's described and looks like electricity just like Spark and Flash look like electricity but for damage type it's ENERGY damage.  image.thumb.png.2d6c050c25465f94b3c09ab0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
15 hours ago, PriorityOne said:

Do you play on PC? Do you know how to find the Technology Tree?

Did I misunderstand the part about you claiming Fortunes do Fire Damage when they do Blast Damage? No, you did.

Did I misunderstand the part where you called a Plasma Emitter a "sub category damage type" when it's a weapon type in Energy Weapons? No, you did.

Did I misunderstand the part where you don't understand what weapon parameters are, or where you can find them? No, you did.

Did I misunderstand the part where a weapon (the Jubokko) is getting buffed by a cabin when it shouldn't be and that's called a BUG? No, you did. The Jubokko is very clearly labelled, and functions as, a "Minelayer" and the Photon and Quantum indicate very clearly they buff "Energy Weapons." When an item in game doesn't do what it's supposed to do then that's called a "bug."

Did I misunderstand one of your earlier posts where you said "Jubboko has electricity" when there is no such thing in this game? No, you did. It does energy damage.

Did I understand weapon descriptions are not always accurate and there is sometimes something lost in the translation from Russian to English? Yes. Is this one of those cases where the translation is messed up? No.

You said I was "kind of talking out of my butt" when it's you who doesn't understand what you are talking about and I (and the other readers) are supposed to believe you know what the Devs did intentionally? No. I didn't misunderstand that either. 

You have a nice day.

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.  You make all these stupid statements that don't properly relate to the comments I'm making. 

I can't be bothered to continue to debate with you.  I've made my points clear. 

For example Your saying description cards have energy labelled for damage under the powerscore rating.  I'm saying they don't show this.  And when I said maybe it because they had different displays on platforms and then you did not respond appropriately.

I considered, "oops maybe I missed that energy description on Jubokko.  So I double checked again.  Low and behold under the ps it has no energy type description.  You aren't looking at these weapon descriptions.  Your going by memory and acting like it's fact.  This is why your talking out your butt.  Now go get on Ur alt account and double vote people you troll.  I'm done responding to u.  It's insane. 

• Confused 2
22 minutes ago, PriorityOne said:

Sure, it's described and looks like electricity just like Spark and Flash look like electricity but for damage type it's ENERGY damage.  image.thumb.png.2d6c050c25465f94b3c09ab0

And it doesn't show this for ps.  There simple answer.  We dont have this display in the weapon tree.  But for some reason it displays it in the market.  And I wasn't using market display, because one would assume since most are the same these would be too. 

It looks like devs forgot to update some things. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
27 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.  You make all these stupid statements that don't properly relate to the comments I'm making. 

I can't be bothered to continue to debate with you.  I've made my points clear. 

For example Your saying description cards have energy labelled for damage under the powerscore rating.  I'm saying they don't show this.  And when I said maybe it because they had different displays on platforms and then you did not respond appropriately.

I considered, "oops maybe I missed that energy description on Jubokko.  So I double checked again.  Low and behold under the ps it has no energy type description.  You aren't looking at these weapon descriptions.  Your going by memory and acting like it's fact.  This is why your talking out your butt.  Now go get on Ur alt account and double vote people you troll.  I'm done responding to u.  It's insane. 

Going by memory? All of the information I have cited is currently in game and easily verifiable but you continue to be oblivious to the PARAMETERS page which I have pointed out several times and even explained how you can view this information.

Yes your points were clear, clearly wrong, but instead of admitting you made mistakes you continue to try and tell me water isn't wet.

I don't have an alt account. Maybe that's something you do?

On one thing we can agree, I can't be bothered to continue to debate with you either.

Edited by PriorityOne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@PriorityOne bruh, you cant just talk to him like that. dont you know hes "mentally very strong"? it may seem to you that he simply didnt know about the parameters tab like a big bobo, but, hahaha, you mustnt dare approach him like that! if at any time it seems like hes actually just wrong because he doesnt know the basics about the game, you must look inside to find the mistake. he probably understands something he doesnt even know yet that you cant comprehend with your smol brain that makes him right and you wrong. so let that be a lesson, ey chump?

• Upvote 1
On 4/12/2021 at 3:32 PM, davmax07 said:
Hide contents

image taken from a reddite post.

i dont think i am allowed to send reddit links here

basically, i want both of them to affect the jubboko, or both of then to not affect the jubboko. i would realy wish it was the first one tho.

it is probably not a bug, maybe the devs just forgetting to make jubokko be affected  by quamtum?

not posting in bug reports because i wasnt the one who tested, and i dont have the gear to prove it happens.

Yeah I noticed it too, it's odd, because jubokko should be considered as energy weapon, but quantum has no effect on it.

I have up on reporting things tho, it's clear to me that these devs only care about $$$$$ and have no passion for the game anymore. they just mix together stuff with minimum effort. I think we all remember that it took them 9 MONTHS to fix the issue with upgraded cabin's -17% mass reduction perk.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

As a PS4 user i can confirm it does say energy damage in parameters on ps4 as well. Tenshi might need a bigger shovel to continue digging his hole

• Upvote 1

So, its is proved over and over again that it deals energy damage but an energy damage buffing cabin doesn't boost it. I call it a bug! :dntknw:

• Upvote 2
16 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

So, its is proved over and over again that it deals energy damage but an energy damage buffing cabin doesn't boost it. I call it a bug! :dntknw:

An "Energy Weapon" boosting cabin, not energy damage boosting cabin. Either way there is a bug. The bug being the "weapon" in question is a "Minelayer" and not an "Energy Weapon" so rightly does not get the buff from the Quantum and should not be getting the boost from Photon. That's the bug the way things are now. 

Edited by PriorityOne
  • Confused 2

people seem to struggle a lot with the abstraction of a word being the name of a defined category vs just understanding it in a descriptive way.

3 hours ago, PriorityOne said:

An "Energy Weapon" boosting cabin, not energy damage boosting cabin. Either way there is a bug. The bug being the "weapon" in question is a "Minelayer" and not an "Energy Weapon" so rightly does not get the buff from the Quantum and should not be getting the boost from Photon. That's the bug the way things are now. 

Mandrake was a howtizer and Porcumpine was a minelayer and both still got buffed by Blight.

Were those bugs too?

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 1