Jump to content

I've returned with questions.


Recommended Posts

It has been close to two years i had stopped playing Crossout. 

I came back and im very impressed with seeing so much added to the game. It really sparked my interest again.

So i am wondering how Hurricane works now. I can only target an enemy at about 100m away. Then when i fire the weapon it never hits the target, somtimes it's way off. This happens in the range and missions.

I have tried different builds but get the same results. Is this only because i use "Relative to camera" setting?

I also noticed that "Relative to camera" setting still doesn't steer the clarinet tow. Or is it just a straight shot now?

And i've said it before "Relative to camera" needs a reverse button. At no point in any game should i have my craft go into reverse unexpectedly or just not go into reverse when i want it. Right now i have to abandon aiming my weapons to go into reverse. It takes L3 and R3 to go in reverse? Thats not right.

Anyway... Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you running a dusk cad with the hurricane? If so then that could be your problem. Also be sure you have some type of radar.

The TOW is still steerable, not sure why it isn't working for you, or why you would want to use it in the first place. But to each their own I suppose.

And as far as relative to camera... well, don't use it. I would recommend using one of the racing control settings. They have a more dedicated button layout providing more deliberate handling over your build. No more random reversing or unintentional U-turns. May take some time to get use to, but once you do you will never go back.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the hurricane with dusk, toreno and a few others. I used the maxwell radar. I could have made my own mistakes in testing too. i will retry.

I don't use the TOW and im not interested in it. it's just something i noticed. I thought i'd mention it.

I have tried to switch over to race settings a few times now, and agree it is a better contol setup. but I have issues holding the contoller do to my line of work (muscle memory thing) so it's hard, i give up easy and go back to Relative. It's in the game, it should work correctly. lol. It even say's it is optimal in the description. Plus a reverse button is a small thing that would make a big difference for a lot of players gaining control in a lag/framerate enviroment, like driving up walls when you want reverse.

Also the button reassignment doesn't work. Apply button  just closes out my game... repeatedly. i've sent error reports to playstation 6 or 7 times. i can select race, that works, just no button swap. if that worked i could maybe get a race setup going.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thief_hating said:

Also the button reassignment doesn't work. Apply button  just closes out my game... repeatedly. i've sent error reports to playstation 6 or 7 times. i can select race, that works, just no button swap. if that worked i could maybe get a race setup going.

Yeah, the mapping options on PlayStation suck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Small_An_Simple said:

Yeah, the mapping options on PlayStation suck. 

Ps4 has an accessibility option  in its settings.  You can reassign any button to any button.  I only do it for sideways hovers or other games. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

Ps4 has an accessibility option  in its settings.  You can reassign any button to any button.  I only do it for sideways hovers or other games. 

You can only swap two buttons with one another ie. X to O, or R2 to L3. You can't set X to L3 then set O to X without undoing X to L3.

No true mapping on PlayStation.

Edited by Small_An_Simple
add text
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Small_An_Simple said:

You can only swap two buttons with one another ie. X to O, or R2 to L3. You can't set X to L3 then set O to X without undoing X to L3.

No true mapping on PlayStation.

It's true. I switched the handbrake in relative to camera and it works fine. If i make a second change, this time in race, it closes my game out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 1:42 PM, Small_An_Simple said:

You can only swap two buttons with one another ie. X to O, or R2 to L3. You can't set X to L3 then set O to X without undoing X to L3.

No true mapping on PlayStation.

Yes you can.  It's just Wierd to do.  It will over map if u do it wrong.  

I currently have 

L2-r3

R3-r2

For example. 

The rest is

R2-L3

L 3-L2

This is my side hover mapping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Yes you can.  It's just Wierd to do.  It will over map if u do it wrong.  

I currently have 

L2-r3

R3-r2

For example. 

The rest is

R2-L3

L 3-L2

This is my side hover mapping. 

Can you elaborate on your method to get it to work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Small_An_Simple said:

Can you elaborate on your method to get it to work?

It seems pretty easy for me to do now.  I don't remember why it was so hard before.  Probably because I was trying to figure out on my own several years ago how to map sideways hovers. 

Just remember that for each button you can only assign it once on the right hand side of the arrow.  But you can do stuff like

L3-L2

L2-L1

L1-R3

R3-R2

AND SO AND SO ON

And so on in an endless loop through all the buttons.  You just can't assign a button to two other buttons or vice versa. 

Maybe they fixed ps4 mapping idk.  I can't remember how it was, but now it seems pretty easy to do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on how you remap stuff, it can make menu stuff weird. Is that what you’re experiencing?

As far as hurricane targeting, you need to throw a radar on there along with the maxwell. I love maxwell because of how easy it is to hide in a build, but the range isn’t enough for some weapons. Put a Listener or something in there.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 4:27 AM, poony4u2 said:

Depending on how you remap stuff, it can make menu stuff weird. Is that what you’re experiencing?

As far as hurricane targeting, you need to throw a radar on there along with the maxwell. I love maxwell because of how easy it is to hide in a build, but the range isn’t enough for some weapons. Put a Listener or something in there.

I"ve liked Keen to be quite good, and some other as a backup. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

I"ve liked Keen to be quite good, and some other as a backup. 

I like keen too, but I used it to craft something a while ago, so I’ve reverted to a fused listener for radar.

Most of the time I use detectors though. I like to be able to see through walls!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2021 at 10:56 AM, poony4u2 said:

I like keen too, but I used it to craft something a while ago, so I’ve reverted to a fused listener for radar.

Most of the time I use detectors though. I like to be able to see through walls!

I kind of put my listener on everything. Unless I have a doppler, or decide to relly purely on my verifier alone, or neutrino.  I've never even owned a keen other than to buy and sell it for a profit.   Which is odd.  I guess I just don't like how big the keen is. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...