[Developer blog] First information on the upcoming season

Woodyrojo

• Woodyrojo changed the title to [Developer blog] First information on the upcoming season

a train cab sounds a load of fun to build with.

the straightliner cab....do you plan to prevent walls and boosters being used as means of steering for ai weapon builds? what about fusion builds where player modules are carried by a bigger frame and never have to steer?

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Heavy armoured vehicles enthusiasts — how do you like the appearance of this new heavy cabin? We are sure that many players who suggested the introduction of tram or train cabins will not remain indifferent!

This cabin not only creates an impression of solidity and protection, but also literally strengthens your weapons! It’s planned that if the weapon has at least one welding point directly to the cabin, its durability will be increasing depending on the durability of the entire armoured vehicle.

Of course, you can’t increase the durability of your guns indefinitely, but even under these conditions, the bonus will be enough to feel even more confident in the fiercest battles.

heavy builds will become overpoered with this.. no joke...

the biggest weakness on heavy builds other than slow speed, slow aceleration, one less energy point(doesnt matter that much, why use 5 energy weapons anyway? they have too low durability) is the fact that they are the builds to lose the guns first because they cant dodge a scorpion, or kaiju salvo.

reapers are gonna be OPed with that, no joke, i am a reaper player, and that cab literally removes the only weaknesss on them

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 2

When you say new season, do you mean another battle pass?

When are the following going to be fixed:

•  Co driver attachment with build for clan war(if you can't fix it then revert it back)
  • Bridges have invisible bumps or something that can cause you to flip
  • Codriver perks you kept promising

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

When you say new season, do you mean another battle pass?

When are the following going to be fixed:

•  Co driver attachment with build for clan war(if you can't fix it then revert it back)

they did it on purpose, they publically stated it.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

We will start with a new cabin that will expand the range of light epic cabins in the game. The perk which is planned for this cabin will increase the damage dealt by the weapons installed on the vehicle. And the percentage of damage increase will depend on how long you were able to drive in a straight line without turning or braking.

Sounds like a perfect cabin for melee builds then!! :DD

No but in all seriousness, the new designs look and sound interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Straight line damage cabin: droners, lancers, miners, guided missile launchers, melee, could benefit it at first sight, as well has heavy tracks users (slow build drive straight longer). Also could be used in fusion maybe?

Legendary frontal gun : can't wait to see it !

And also curious about the other stuff that are waiting for us.

But first where are the Ravens, are they stuck on traffic ? I sold my argus ages ago, expecting them instead of Spring Mayhem. And hopefully they bring power unit too !

• Upvote 2

Cool designs of the new parts as always. I always never have been disappointed by the design.
Well, except the balance design.

The update of the new parts is really graceful but i really want fix for old bad cabins.
Such as Truck, Ghost, so many bad light cabins, cabins with perk of too limited usage..

13 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

New epic grenade launcher

mokap5.jpg

A very curious specimen, which, we are sure, will pleasantly surprise all grenade launcher enthusiasts. See for yourselves:

• a relatively small model in comparison to the “Retcher”, which is convenient to protect with the help of structural parts;
  • high rate of fire;
  • perk: when successfully hitting a target located at a certain distance or further away, the damage of the grenade launcher will increase (and the bonus for multiple consecutive hits will be stacked).

We mentioned the “Retcher” above for a reason: this grenade launcher is its direct predecessor. It has a much higher rate of fire, but it fires alternately from two barrels. Its parameters and its perk are perfect for continuous fire at medium range.

Currently, Retcher is used as a melee weapon rather than the range weapon.
It is causing the problem in the PVE and i don't think any design for PVE won't work with too effective weapon like a Retcher.

I don't sure how this weapon will work but i hope it won't cause any serious issue.

If you guys don't care about PVE contents, then i don't worry about balance of the Retcher too.
But can you guys at least change the Recther to make it work as a range weapon, not a close range damage nuking machine?
It is a Grenade 'Launcher' so should be the grenade launcher, not a close range anti vehicle grenade sprayer.

It is too awkward and out of the common sense.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

It seems new epic grenade launcher is a mix of impulse/retcher.

When will co-driver be finally re-worked?

Do you plan to add other legendary modules (beside genetaror) like engine/cooler/radiator/radar etc, or legendary movement part? Or will the game have only new legendary weapons/cabins? Or even a new epic engine?

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

@Woodyrojo Also, we have a question. (We are discussing about new features. Not concluded yet though.)

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

New epic cabin

mokap2.jpg

We will start with a new cabin that will expand the range of light epic cabins in the game. The perk which is planned for this cabin will increase the damage dealt by the weapons installed on the vehicle. And the percentage of damage increase will depend on how long you were able to drive in a straight line without turning or braking. Sounds like a new challenge to your armoured car driving skills!

Will the perk of this cabin works even while the vehicle is not touching the ground?

Then it will be able to get permanent damage buff in the fusion build.
Well, fusion build hasn't been the meta even once but we really want to check the possibility.

PS.

Can you guys do some better marketing, please?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Let me guess - the new epic grenade launcher will be far superior to the Impulse and totally unbalanced, until it get nerfed few months into the season :)
But the cabins looks neat.

• Haha 8

Launch the Battlepass later, put the old maps back into the rotation... 

Buff ML 200, 47km or 50km minimum speed. 47km is related to the Misty co-driver which increases the speed of all moving parts by 3%.

Apparently the technological tree of the mechanical legs has already closed for the epic versions... I think there could be more varieties of legs like Bi-pedal mechanical legs...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hello ,

I like your game a lot and I play it since 06/2019.

I have a question and maybe it is a suggestion. 

What about new Drones? Drones like the Grenadiers, maybe in legendary or relic quality. Or you can maybe buff them, because they got nerfed a long long time ago and never been buffed again.

Or optimize them like the annihilator drones so that you can send them to an enemy. We like the Grenadiers a lot, but they aren't good as they were. That is a pitty.

Thank you and kind regards,

Falli

Edited by Falli_spielt
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

35 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Straight line damage cabin: droners, lancers, miners, guided missile launchers, melee, could benefit it at first sight, as well has heavy tracks users (slow build drive straight longer). Also could be used in fusion maybe?

jannabi will still be better for drones and guided missiles because the buff is instant.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Train cab:*gets in game*
Spider players: UNBREAKABLE TSUNAMIS LET'S GOOOO!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

"Welcome to the new age!

Let us introduce to you the brand new 'Un-Breaker-able Train' !

Deemed safest way to travel long distance in the wastelands with its indestructible weapon system!"

More seriously, I actually love that new cab. I'm 100% getting it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm guessing hovers are gunna absolutely drool over those new frontal machine guns.

And like every battle pass, will be OP along with likely a few other things until everyone who's gunna buy the battle pass, has.

• Upvote 1

Train cabin! <3

13 minutes ago, ourself said:

That is awesome!! Been wanting a train cabin since I first started playing Crossout.

But PLEASE don't lock the weapon durability perk to apply only when you mount weapons directly on the cabin, it greatly limits creativity.
I suspect that if it is released like that then all we will see are identical reaper/mg spiders.
That cabin is already one of the tallest, if not the tallest in the game, so mounting huge weapons like mastodons or mammoths on it will expose the weapons so much that it negates the benefit of the perk.

I think that is a good balance as disadvantage a very powerful perk. Ton of weapon you could hide otherwise and the perk would be op

12 minutes ago, Hogga__doesn_t_s said:

Train cabin! <3

I think that is a good balance as disadvantage a very powerful perk. Ton of weapon you could hide otherwise and the perk would be op

Yeah but they can always reduce the efficacy of the perk somewhat to counter that. The last thing we need is more of the same. I want to see different builds in cw, and not just the same run off the mill meta builds every time

• Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.