[Developer blog] First information on the upcoming season

Woodyrojo

You know the nova MG-spammers? Imagine that, but with the new cab, every tackler/imp/puni now has +x% durability..

The perk only allows for a certain style of build, and it's like giving the blight-cab a perk that only works if the guns are mounted on the roof of the cab only.
Why not make it so that the perk is reduced, but includes the whole build? Why limit it to "connected to cab"? 

It has great potential, but don't go and make something that is so very dependent on a certain style of build, it will only make a new reaperspider-meta, and nothing else will be as good as that with this cab.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

so this new epic cab gonna be in favor of W pushing people.

more shotgun wedge cancer in the game since holding w is the only thing they know of, even full lancer build, even more melee builds might arrive again....

if you gonna add something new to the game, focus on the factions that barly have anything on the workbenches instead, and isnt some item that only benefits the same meta garbage you see in every single match

Edited by Sasherz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, not_trisa133 said:

When you say new season, do you mean another battle pass?

When are the following going to be fixed:

•  Co driver attachment with build for clan war(if you can't fix it then revert it back)
  • Bridges have invisible bumps or something that can cause you to flip
  • Codriver perks you kept promising

Yeah, and also add a magical Range Building bug that ive reported almost half a year ago to this list.

like noc and ourself said, the new train cabin perk will only be effective with very niche builds. i think you should make the perk less effective and have it work on all weapons regardless of where you mount them. let people build how they want to, like you can with humpback, torero etc, cabins that allow for variety

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is very nice to receive more and more parts and fun! Well done!
But please don't forget about the old staff that needs to be addressed and requested many times by the community:

• There are too few maps to play on. Please put maps back to rotation or make new ones. This is impacting the committed players who habitually play every day and therefore not afraid to pay for packs, season pass and gold. It would be nice if they weren't bored...
  • There is a co-driver system already implemented, but not working up to players' expectation. It needs a rework or at least some tweaking. It was promised years ago and we are waiting it like it was Christmas.
  • Many old and forgotten parts are in the game already, but their stats and perks are outdated and they are underperforming. The community always points this out. Trucker cab for example.
  • I know you had to remove Chase, but now there is no fast-paced, 2 minute raid in the game. What if someone prefers quick, fast-paced action for less resources but more fun? People prefer fun and excitement over grinding. There are many games on the market and I'll pay for the game which gives me enjoyment (e.g. buy season pass).
  • Upvote 3

Doesnt matter , not gonna change anything nor add anything. (or just new cancer like old tackler spam as heavy spiders with new frontal and new heavy cab)

Milions weapons and everygame reduced to breaker/scorp/retcher/dog trash.

Edited by MaduS

The cabins look cool

but why di light cabins need yet another expansion? They have the most cabins compared to any other class. 

And the heavy cabins perk is really really meh. It’s just asking for the new machine..... oh. I already see where this is going and I really do not like it

• Haha 2

The new cabin is interesting not to say the least, but it’s perk is really hard to use with certain weapons other than side mounted typhoons or limited angle weapons (which they already have the icebox for). 

maybe this perk can emit a “radius” of buffing or something like an invisible “aegis shield”, or perhaps even buff frame (Not movement parts) pieces and the Guns that are connected directly to them?

4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

DevblogEN.jpg

Hello, survivors!

It‘s time to share the first portion of information on the upcoming new season in Crossout, which we are actively working on right now! Many new and unique parts await us, some of which are inspired by your ideas and suggestions. Let’s get started!

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. This applies not only to information about possible unique features of new parts, but also about the parts themselves.

New epic cabin

mokap2.jpg

We will start with a new cabin that will expand the range of light epic cabins in the game. The perk which is planned for this cabin will increase the damage dealt by the weapons installed on the vehicle. And the percentage of damage increase will depend on how long you were able to drive in a straight line without turning or braking. Sounds like a new challenge to your armoured car driving skills!

New epic grenade launcher

mokap5.jpg

A very curious specimen, which, we are sure, will pleasantly surprise all grenade launcher enthusiasts. See for yourselves:

• a relatively small model in comparison to the “Retcher”, which is convenient to protect with the help of structural parts;
  • high rate of fire;
  • perk: when successfully hitting a target located at a certain distance or further away, the damage of the grenade launcher will increase (and the bonus for multiple consecutive hits will be stacked).

We mentioned the “Retcher” above for a reason: this grenade launcher is its direct predecessor. It has a much higher rate of fire, but it fires alternately from two barrels. Its parameters and its perk are perfect for continuous fire at medium range.

New legendary frontal machine gun

mokap4.jpg

Supporters of Nomads and everyone who is passionate about machine guns - an interesting new weapon awaits you, too! This is the first legendary frontal machine gun in Crossout, and it is definitely worth paying attention to: limited firing angles are compensated for by greater durability (in comparison to the “Aspect”) and excellent survivability in combat conditions.

Good survivability is facilitated both by the weapon model itself, which is convenient to defend, and by the perk: in the hands of an experienced shooter, the weapon will become even more resistant to all types of damage.

New legendary cabin

mokap3.jpg

Heavy armoured vehicles enthusiasts — how do you like the appearance of this new heavy cabin? We are sure that many players who suggested the introduction of tram or train cabins will not remain indifferent!

This cabin not only creates an impression of solidity and protection, but also literally strengthens your weapons! It’s planned that if the weapon has at least one welding point directly to the cabin, its durability will be increasing depending on the durability of the entire armoured vehicle.

Of course, you can’t increase the durability of your guns indefinitely, but even under these conditions, the bonus will be enough to feel even more confident in the fiercest battles.

These are not all the novelties that will await us in the new season. Stay tuned to always be up to date on the latest announcements and changes. See you in the next developer blog!

The new cabin is interesting not to say the least, but it’s perk is really hard to use with certain weapons other than side mounted typhoons or limited angle weapons (which they already have the icebox for). 

maybe this perk can emit a “radius” of buffing or something like an invisible “aegis shield”, or perhaps even buff frame (Not movement parts) pieces and the Guns that are connected directly to them?

• Like 1

Btw is this based off the lost soviet M-62 Train that was set onto a missile truck chassis? Crazy historical accuracy devs 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, nunezdjr said:

Btw is this based off the lost soviet M-62 Train that was set onto a missile truck chassis? Crazy historical accuracy devs 

Nah, it's just a train.

I think that train-cab + those legendary front machine gun on it will be a good combo, basically the un-degunnable build :D

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Spedemix said:

No but in all seriousness, the new designs look and sound interesting.

This new season sounds very cool and I hope it comes with the classic train plow and other cool building parts, and the designs for the weapons and cabins look very cool.

Can we get more maps for cw. You removed rock city and old town because they gave an unfair advantage to fast builds, then you give us clean island which is the same issue. But now we can change builds after seeing the map so bring them both back.

You removed broken arrow but gave us ashen ring and they share the same issues so bring it back. 

I never understood why you removed shipyard but gave us sandy gulf. They are both equal in being bad maps so why not give us both.

You claimed to make it so we dont get the same map in a row but you removed so many that its not uncommon to play the same map 4 times in a row. So give us more maps in clan wars WITHOUT removing any. Please

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

DevblogEN.jpg

Hello, survivors!

It‘s time to share the first portion of information on the upcoming new season in Crossout, which we are actively working on right now! Many new and unique parts await us, some of which are inspired by your ideas and suggestions. Let’s get started!

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. This applies not only to information about possible unique features of new parts, but also about the parts themselves.

New epic cabin

mokap2.jpg

We will start with a new cabin that will expand the range of light epic cabins in the game. The perk which is planned for this cabin will increase the damage dealt by the weapons installed on the vehicle. And the percentage of damage increase will depend on how long you were able to drive in a straight line without turning or braking. Sounds like a new challenge to your armoured car driving skills!

New epic grenade launcher

mokap5.jpg

A very curious specimen, which, we are sure, will pleasantly surprise all grenade launcher enthusiasts. See for yourselves:

• a relatively small model in comparison to the “Retcher”, which is convenient to protect with the help of structural parts;
  • high rate of fire;
  • perk: when successfully hitting a target located at a certain distance or further away, the damage of the grenade launcher will increase (and the bonus for multiple consecutive hits will be stacked).

We mentioned the “Retcher” above for a reason: this grenade launcher is its direct predecessor. It has a much higher rate of fire, but it fires alternately from two barrels. Its parameters and its perk are perfect for continuous fire at medium range.

New legendary frontal machine gun

mokap4.jpg

Supporters of Nomads and everyone who is passionate about machine guns - an interesting new weapon awaits you, too! This is the first legendary frontal machine gun in Crossout, and it is definitely worth paying attention to: limited firing angles are compensated for by greater durability (in comparison to the “Aspect”) and excellent survivability in combat conditions.

Good survivability is facilitated both by the weapon model itself, which is convenient to defend, and by the perk: in the hands of an experienced shooter, the weapon will become even more resistant to all types of damage.

New legendary cabin

mokap3.jpg

Heavy armoured vehicles enthusiasts — how do you like the appearance of this new heavy cabin? We are sure that many players who suggested the introduction of tram or train cabins will not remain indifferent!

This cabin not only creates an impression of solidity and protection, but also literally strengthens your weapons! It’s planned that if the weapon has at least one welding point directly to the cabin, its durability will be increasing depending on the durability of the entire armoured vehicle.

Of course, you can’t increase the durability of your guns indefinitely, but even under these conditions, the bonus will be enough to feel even more confident in the fiercest battles.

These are not all the novelties that will await us in the new season. Stay tuned to always be up to date on the latest announcements and changes. See you in the next developer blog!

all this stuff scares me me, and the green coloring spooks me more!

How will this new grenade launcher be balanced with impulse? It could easily make it obsolete. 

Legendary frontal mg was expected eventually, but spiders using this are going to be a major pain to deal with.

Train cabin is very interesting as it'll actually make weapons' durability essentially scale with the build's powerscore, while being limited to direct connections will keep it balanced. I suspect most people are going to side mount the weapons to it due to the cabin's height, in which case, its balanced by the compromised firing angles which will force them to use legs. 

22 minutes ago, Raiza1990 said:

seems great...but remove crater map...annoying...where is city map (i dont remember the name)?why dont fix it?

why do you want to remove Crater? It is a really good map for sniper

• Like 1

Also I'm know this thread is about the new information for the new stuff incoming, and I'm sorry if I create inconvenience, but In the The Garage 2.0#28  for the Adventure Mode "Car" building submission, it can be PC, Xbox, and PS4, right? I know how to submit my build, it's just {TGEM (Build Name). However do I have to submit a video playing my build in the Adventure Mode, or will the speaker of the show take care of that?

Edited by GT47VER4

I have an interesting request. ...Can you also offer some NON epic items? I like that you're making some epic stuff to get people to spend that money, but can you also offer some lower grade stuff as well for the players who aren't at that level, or don't have money to spend?

I'd also really like to see some spider legs with more speed to them or some other unique movement design other than tires and tracks.

Actual sniper guns would be sweet too; extra long range, high damage, variable rounds (armor piercing, explosive, disabling for example) with a kind of slow reload for people who like perching on hills or raised areas and shooting from cover.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, LadyDarena said:

Actual sniper guns would be sweet too; extra long range, high damage, variable rounds (armor piercing, explosive, disabling for example) with a kind of slow reload for people who like perching on hills or raised areas and shooting from cover.

Armour-piercing autocannons? Interesting Interesting.... 

*wipes a tear from her eye* I Finally get a train cabin!

There are some Retcher users that try to solo raid bosses every time, and they go for a boss even before the little raiders have been dealt with. That way other players on the team may not even get a chance to tag that boss for a patch. It's just common decency to let the other players on the team tag a boss, and whenever I am in a position to solo a boss, I will hold off with dealing too much damage, so the others can tag. A solution could be to make bosses' cabins more durable, or something similar. Or maybe the Retcher isn't properly balanced. I only used the weapon for a short time, for a specific purpose, sold it because I don't like the way it aims.

And since the removed locations issue has been brought up AGAIN - I'll join in and repeat what I've said many times before:
- there was nothing wrong with the Ship Graveyard or the Fortress
- these two locations had a lot of open space to have some crazy high-speed fun in a Cockpit car.

How about the new cabin:

7 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

New epic cabin

mokap2.jpg

Quiz:
1) Does this cabin need a lot of open space, like in the Fortress or the Ship Graveyard?
or
2) Driving in a straight line doesn't need a lot of open space?

Perhaps this new cabin is all the more reason to bring these two locations back.

Edited by Omega616
  • Like 1

Watch out with the epic grenade luncher , because raid is already full of retchers from 10k to up 14k  , in 1 raid you can see 3 players with retchers , this much players use it (best gun after porcupine and cheaper too) I wish to see in raid a mix of guns because we have so many to use, but i see retcher , retcher and again retcher . i went so down to not see them in raid at 7.9k and i still fall in raid with players of 12k powerscore that have retchers , easy win for them (best gun and compete even with lot lower powerscore teammates of 7k ,8k, like stealing candy from kids ). Fix powerscores in raids or don't give much power to retcher/grenade lunchers in raids and you fix the problem.

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.