[Developer blog] First information on the upcoming season

Woodyrojo

this retcher is already a huge problem for the game now they want to add more grenade launchers, to make matters worse, the intention is to kill the game with a flood of cheating?

download (2).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ghojhius said:

this retcher is already a huge problem for the game now they want to add more grenade launchers, to make matters worse, the intention is to kill the game with a flood of cheating?

download (2).jpg

This new grenade launcher is an epic one, it's not gonna be worst than retcher. So the situation won't be worse

Edited by Charlie9204
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RYANCQQPER said:

Watch out with the epic grenade luncher , because raid is already full of retchers from 10k to up 14k  , in 1 raid you can see 3 players with retchers , this much players use it (best gun after porcupine and cheaper too) I wish to see in raid a mix of guns because we have so many to use, but i see retcher , retcher and again retcher . i went so down to not see them in raid at 7.9k and i still fall in raid with players of 12k powerscore that have retchers , easy win for them (best gun and compete even with lot lower powerscore teammates of 7k ,8k, like stealing candy from kids ). Fix powerscores in raids or don't give much power to retcher/grenade lunchers in raids and you fix the problem.

+ @Ghojhius Players use retchers in raids because it's the most effective weapon and porcupine is too expensive, they are rushing raids to save time and get good resources. Raids are teamwork when it's about to ensure victory, and are competition when it's about the resources hence the score.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Train cabins perk needs the gun to be mounted directly on it for it not to be OP, stop wasting space in this thread with dumb questions.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

It’s planned that if the weapon has at least one welding point directly to the cabin, its durability will be increasing depending on the durability of the entire armoured vehicle.

Pretty good perk, but honestly, I think this should had been something EVERY weapon gets with any cabin.
Most fights, and by that I mean almost all (when it includes weapon that aim), end up in 'who can disarm the opponent first'. Maybe it should be more about killing the vehicle, not the guns.

Anyway, nice to see new stuff, and the train cabin is original. :014:

• Upvote 2

On 5/17/2021 at 11:50 AM, Woodyrojo said:

New legendary cabin

mokap3.jpg

Heavy armoured vehicles enthusiasts — how do you like the appearance of this new heavy cabin? We are sure that many players who suggested the introduction of tram or train cabins will not remain indifferent!

This cabin not only creates an impression of solidity and protection, but also literally strengthens your weapons! It’s planned that if the weapon has at least one welding point directly to the cabin, its durability will be increasing depending on the durability of the entire armoured vehicle.

Of course, you can’t increase the durability of your guns indefinitely, but even under these conditions, the bonus will be enough to feel even more confident in the fiercest battles.

These are not all the novelties that will await us in the new season. Stay tuned to always be up to date on the latest announcements and changes. See you in the next developer blog!

@Woodyrojo @Ka1deronI've been thinking about this some more and I've found a way to make the train cabin more inclusive to other types of builds while still preserving the perk you guys had planned, please hear me out:

Perk idea: 
When weapons have at least 1 welding point directly to the cabin, weapon durability is increased up to 20% depending on vehicle durability. Weapons not mounted to the cabin receive up to 10% durability increase depending on vehicle durability.

E.g. you mount a mastodon directly on the train cabin, your mastodon now receives 301 more durability (20% of the original 1505 dura of the weapon).

Edited by ourself

5 minutes ago, ourself said:

@Woodyrojo @Ka1deronI've been thinking about this some more and I've found a way to make the train cabin more inclusive to other types of builds while still preserving the perk you guys had planned, please hear me out:

Perk idea: 
When weapons have at least 1 welding point directly to the cabin, weapon durability is increased up to 20% depending on vehicle durability. Weapons not mounted to the cabin receive up to 10% durability increase depending on vehicle durability.

just 10% already means 500 durability added to a weapon on most common heavy builds(which have 5k durability) on the live server, while some already can reach up to 6.5k durability

and if the torque + weight changes go trought 6k health will be the new standard, while the highest will be somewere aorund 8-7k

Edited by davmax07

8 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

just 10% already means 500 durability added to a weapon on most common heavy builds(which have 5k durability) on the live server, while some already can reach up to 6.5k durability

and if the torque + weight changes go trought 6k health will be the new standard, while the highest will be somewere aorund 8-7k

Oh I could have formulated myself better there. What I mean is % of weapon durability, not vehicle durability.

E.g. you mount a mastodon directly on the train cabin, your mastodon now receives 301 more durability (20% of the original 1505 dura of the weapon). 20% durability is only possible when the durability of the vehicle is capped to the limit the devs decide, e.g. 4000 durability just to throw out a number.

Edited by ourself

14 minutes ago, ourself said:

Oh I could have formulated myself better there. What I mean is % of weapon durability, not vehicle durability.

E.g. you mount a mastodon directly on the train cabin, your mastodon now receives 301 more durability (20% of the original 1505 dura of the weapon). 20% durability is only possible when the durability of the vehicle is capped to the limit the devs decide, e.g. 4000 durability just to throw out a number.

yes, but they said it will depend on the total cabin durability

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, davmax07 said:

yes, but they said it will depend on the total cabin durability

Mhm, and it will most likely be scaling as with a lot of other cabins in the game.

Here is an example; if total cabin durability is 4000 and your gun is mounted to the cabin, then your weapons get a 20% durability increase (based on weapon durability) (20% is the maximum you can get for the sake of the example, if vehicle dura exceeds 4000 durability then you still get 20%).

Now if your vehicle has only 3000 cabin durability, then the perk gives your weapon a 15% durability increase.

The percentage of durability increase your weapons get scales with the durability of the vehicle, or that was my point anyways.

16 hours ago, alpha1q said:

Sooooo... articulated frames when? If Lunatics can have their own type of frame, why not the other factions?

I want to build my own train without the help or stiffness of couplers :D

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Ghojhius said:

Oh please.... Only because a person uses a weapon you don't like doesn't mean they're cheating.  I have no issues competing against retchers in raids when using just a slow tackler spider...so what's your excuse? 

Get a damn grip on yourself man, you're clearly losing your mind. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

+ @Ghojhius Players use retchers in raids because it's the most effective weapon and porcupine is too expensive, they are rushing raids to save time and get good resources. Raids are teamwork when it's about to ensure victory, and are competition when it's about the resources hence the score.

i agree with what you said , these days is more a competition since raids are so easy to complete . In order to delete competition is to fix powerscore even for raids or to make more or less same score for all the team , example if someone do 1600 score rest of team will have too 1500-1600 score . Powerscore is the most problem , i see tons of times in my team of 8k ,players that have 14k , 16k powerscore , it is normal they will do more damage than a 8k car and get bigger score with a nice gap (unfair advantage) .

I notice when doing raids if you put server on auto instead of your region you will have lot more chance to get teammates of your same powerscore , this means lot more balanced , example im 8k i get 8k teammates best will win , if you 16k you will get 16k teammates and again best will win . Problem is nobody do this in raids and they end in the wrong powerscore with a top end car winning very easy .

Edited by RYANCQQPER

13 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

when a 17k+ ps tryharder is doing all the work for me then I'll just...

Screenshot_2021-05-18 kermit sipping juice meme - Google Search.png

Edited by GT47VER4
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, aldermatias said:

This Autocannon will be on the upcoming season too?

DevblogEN.jpg.02ef84bd7b94a867bda2232812

Looks like It has a scope built into it..... Interesting

Edited by GT47VER4
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, GT47VER4 said:

Looks like It has a scope built into it..... Interesting

I know i will be hated by the entire forum for this, but im gonna say what i said everywere else...

it looks more like a special rarity caucasus rather than a legendary weapon.

the computer chip looking object they putted next to it makes this even more plausible.

Edited by davmax07
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, davmax07 said:

I know i will be hated by the entire forum for this, but im gonna say what i said everywere else...

it looks more like a special rarity caucasus rather than a legendary weapon.

the computer chip looking object they putted next to it makes this even more plausible.

sound reasonable but the gun muzzle seems too long

Why does the train cab perk have to be locked to that cab? Can we get some uniform game mechanics and leave out perk stacking on cabs affecting things completely external to the cabs themselves? All this meta is so forced and inorganic and it never makes its way into the game as a uniform game mechanic available to all cabs. Its a creative illusion. Why not full reverse speed on all movement parts? Why not have a bonus to its acceleration curve to make up for its lack of speed? What about having basic built in functionalities like a small plow that works like the bastion blade? What about having a monstrous engine noise like the recently bugged Bastion engine rev sound? Little things here and there that don't force a meta in the form of a magic perk. A magic perk that says sorry guys, you aren't getting structural integrity; but you can if you buy our BP for this fused legendary cab! 

Another BP to skip.

On 5/17/2021 at 6:50 AM, Woodyrojo said:

New legendary frontal machine gun

mokap4.jpg

Supporters of Nomads and everyone who is passionate about machine guns - an interesting new weapon awaits you, too! This is the first legendary frontal machine gun in Crossout, and it is definitely worth paying attention to: limited firing angles are compensated for by greater durability (in comparison to the “Aspect”) and excellent survivability in combat conditions.

Good survivability is facilitated both by the weapon model itself, which is convenient to defend, and by the perk: in the hands of an experienced shooter, the weapon will become even more resistant to all types of damage.

This Frontal Machine Gun is just more of the same, nothing really new here, very disappointing, nothing is worth paying money. We need different weapons, not just more weapons. Why not make a Frontal Cannon instead? or a Frontal Autocannon? even a Frontal Reaper Variant would be better, there are so many possibilities, aren't you paying your 3D artist on time? don't you have imagination and creativity? aren't you Russians who are known to have a creative imagination when the subject is military equipments? Weapons should be designed focusing different playstyles; Long Range, Short Range, Heavy Builds, Light Builds, the game should be designed focusing different playstyles, to be fair the game should make players choose only one Build Class playstyle per match like any other modern multiplayer game nowadays but this is a subject for another topic.

Same with the new Train Cabin, it's just one more Legendary Cabin, nothing special here. Why not introduce new features and mechanics in the game? Why not introduce Train Wheels that can't be wedged? or very slow Steamrollers Wheels mechanically designed to heavily damaged vehicles under it? maybe Super-Heavy Chassis that are taller than conventional ones that make your vehicle taller? and as others mentioned, why not introduce Articulated Chassis just like a real-world Train? zero creativity in this upcoming season.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

This new battlepass will absolutely be worth it, even more so than the syndicate. I missed a lot of content by taking a big break from crossout, so I am just happy I am back on board now! 

Also, like other people have been saying, I would love to see more maps come back into rotation.
-Drift

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.