Posted (edited)

Going long with the Ravens interpretation now. Loosening up a bit. I went minimalist. Now I'm baffled.

Why does this work?

Raven-009.jpg

I'm glad it does. I think it's cute, like a baby vampire bat, but for the life of me I don't know why it would be successful. It's very simple. 37 pieces.

Whatever. If I can get stuff like this to work, great. I can Raven-out rat-rods all day if they let me.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

The Red Raven. I pushed it out of the box, I suppose, but the faction is thin on it's profile. I should probably go read some more of the lore, but I don't really like fiction, usually.

Presently I'm shaking the tree with the Boring Bros thing. I've been notified that I have a bunch of reactions to what I said last on the thread about melee ("W" pushers)...I'm afraid to look. I hope they didn't take me too seriously. I'm sure to make somebody wet their pants, though, because their are lots of people running copy/paste Borer Boxes. Somebody will be mad...meh

Anyway, here's where I jumped off last:

Raven-010.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And so I'll wind this thread down with the classic Ravens poster child, straight from the factory.

Raven-011.jpg

The horns are probably out of character, but whatever (I like them).

The machine got updated, we got a free gift, and the developers will get fed.

Good day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

Well, I can't stop. The only real reason I've ever uninstalled this game (rage quit) is because I just can't stop. I have to uninstall it, because even if it is a miserable experience, I will keep doing it anyway. The only way for me to stop playing is to uninstall it. Is this what it's like to have an abusive husband?

"Please baby, I'm sorry. I can change. Things will be different." IDK

Anyway, I realized that for me everyday has been a Raven's event since I got addicted to Burnished Steel when they first arrived. I can't stop. Who am I kidding? I'm a Nancy.

ZhV49gEuSXKahzdkQcPZ_I-Want-To-Believe-g

I will make excuses(we needs excuses)....and so I did it again.

Raven-014.jpg

I like the grenade launcher. I'm surprised at how well this one works. This combination between Grenade launcher and Boom-Sticks has been a lot more fun than packing a drone along with the Boom-Sticks, which is what I was doing with this set up, because I need an excuse to stay in the game. Just unloading the Sticks and going back to the queue doesn't appeal to me. With the grenade launcher, I can actually still be useful to the team. The drones don't work too great unless you abuse them and run a whole litter of the 845742D5. One drone is a sitting duck, seems like...unless he too is armed with a grenade launcher...hmm..

I was pondering buying another grenade launcher like this one, because it's build friendly. It uses a lot of energy and makes good use of it, thus exploiting the scarce real estate there is to mount guns and milking it for all it's worth. It's not that different from the Emily, though (lot more expensive). I haven't had one of those since they used to be awful, so I'm not sure how well they run now...but I like this.

I want to get another one but I'm afraid it won't work anymore if I do, for magic reasons. There seems to be an invisible spirit that manipulates this virtual world from within. It keeps secrets and casts spells, and it curses those who...misbelieve.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Yes, you do.

So, whatever...I built this one after I learned about the magic number 30. I had been living under a curse until the Wizard SIGMA920 baptized me with wisdom, and set me free. Now I see the light. It's all wonderful now.

Behold, a Raven on white wings...

Raven-013.jpg

I posted it previously, but I'm going to keep it in this collection, because it belongs, and it works, and I like it.

This thread could get out of hand (it's not already?), because like I said, everything I've built in the last year has been a Raven. I've forgotten why I should stop.

Diarrhea, cha-cha-cha...

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Magic numbah 30?

I have 2 of those Gee L fiftyfivers, both fused for damage. Other turns faster, other has more projectile speed too, i thinks. Really nice weps, for people who can success with Emilies n Retchers. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Really nice weps, for people who can success with Emilies n Retchers.

I've been following (not officially) your conversations regarding Retchers a little, and I'm curious as to their characteristics now. I spend too much time painting things in the garage. And, despite the fact that I've been playing for a while now, I really don't know much about the game, and there is a lot to know, apparently.

If a Retcher fires a similar projectile as an Emily or GL-55, I wouldn't know it. 

I was a little surprised that this grenade launcher worked so well for me. I don't know if it's OP, or if it just suits my hit and run play style well. I'm hoping it's the later, because even though I canned my Emily(s) I really liked them, and maybe it would suit me to try them again. I thought they were funny because they sound, not similar too, exactly like a Nerf gun. I thought it was a funny insider joke, and I liked it. I also liked their performance and handling, but they were made out of black glass back then. If they're fixed now, Emily(s) might be a good inexpensive rout for me to take to discipline my skills as I headed towards something like a Retcher (or another GL-55), supposing they have similar characteristics....

...ya, I think I will go get me a couple Emily(s) and see if I can't make them work. Even if they turn out to be lemons, resale tax shouldn't kill me too bad. Besides, I was just contemplating tinkering with the market mini-game.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

I love Emilies, 2 of them usually;

https://ibb.co/zmqXBsD

And single GL 55 is fun in small build:

https://ibb.co/XDMNvwS

https://ibb.co/b57Bnpk

https://ibb.co/HrnkrDq

If you can handle slow aiming n turning weapon, with slow ammo and curvy trajectory, you will easily use Retcher/s too but they are heaters and you need pile of radiators atleast and the cooling is always bit slow. Its huge, weak weapon hard to armor without limiting its ability to move and such ruins looks of build too easily. 

But, in example a hard raid in that crater is fun with wedgeish low center of gravity build with Harpy or Howl, you can cruise all over 90kmh speed and as you can predict the speed of your own ammo, you wont cause blast damage to yourself easily, or maybe at all, since you know to shoot from good distance instead of hugging the bots. 

Best friends for retchers, to me, are fused rads+ammoboxes+bumper armor + radio/detector/radar. 

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Emilies

I went ahead and got a couple. They are still fun, and they do work better. I need a little practice, for sure, and maybe I could build something that works better, but none of this is fused and it works alright. I'm surviving and killing.

Raven-015.jpg

UPDATE: I fixed it. I couldn't jack it up as high as some of my other cabs, but it's jacked, and looks Raven to me...whatever that means. It's dressed like the others now.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

As it turns out, you don't even need the small tracks to be a menace with these things. I forget it even has a gun often, but it does come in handy.  I got a set of two small tracks, but it feels like you need four to make that trick really work right...or none works good too.

Raven-016.jpg

It can be invisible too. It is simply evil.

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

I ditched the Borers, because...it's boring. They sure do work, though, and because I'll never abandon my Raven fetish, here are two more...

Raven-017.jpg
Raven-018.jpg

The top one, surprisingly, did well in pvp. I don't know why. The bottom one, I was just using for raids. I built it for that, and I haven't taken it into pvp. It got me the top place in regular raids though, which I haven't played in a while and now seem different. No mines? That's good, yes?

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So I had a few minutes and slapped a little piece of uglyness together, but it fits the theme, so whatever :)

rbfVgGf.jpg

ngGh6Uq.jpg

IMFj7fD.jpg

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

but it fits the theme

Awesome. It totally does. It's almost the poster-child for the Digger-style Raven-Rod. Thanks for the post.

One Question: I wanted to get that hologram but when I looked at it's profile it appears that only one wing is included when you buy it. Is that right; you have to buy both the left and right wing separately (or two and flip one around)?

Edited by DocSavage
48 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

Awesome. It totally does. It's almost the poster-child for the Digger-style Raven-Rod. Thanks for the post.

One Question: I wanted to get that hologram but when I looked at it's profile it appears that only one wing is included when you buy it. Is that right; you have to buy both the left and right wing separately (or two and flip one around)?

Only one wing per hologram and you can flip the hologram in all directions possible, unlike some other holograms that only allow flipping in certain directions.

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

Only one wing per hologram

Bummer. I ain't rolling with one wing. Oh well, It' gives me something to ask the Gronch for next Christmas. I am a Ravens fan, so I'll have to have that (we needs it) in my collection.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

Well, so long Ravens. See ya next time.

It wasn't the most exciting event, but I like the Ravens anyway. My counter says I punched out 20 of these things. I'm not sure I posted them all, but my file's at 20 (including this last one).

I see a storm coming over the mountain, and I think it's going to be rough, so I'm trying to get ready. I'm busting out the wedge. I figure hovers will be in season again down-under, so I'm trying to get into shape, and that shape is a wedge.

I recon it does look like a dog. It is what it is. I don't always bother with a stealth module, but I did this time. It worked pretty good last time I took it for a spin. Too good, maybe. I'm trying not to hog kills. I want to be be laid back, and just try to support my team, but they were getting razed, so I took three to Valhalla. I'm glad I could help.

Raven-020.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, DocSavage said:

Well, so long Ravens. See ya next time.

It wasn't the most exciting event, but I like the Ravens anyway. My counter says I punched out 20 of these things. I'm not sure I posted them all, but my file's at 20 (including this last one).

I see a storm coming over the mountain, and I think it's going to be rough, so I'm trying to get ready. I'm busting out the wedge. I figure hovers will be in season again down-under, so I'm trying to get into shape, and that shape is a wedge.

I recon it does look like a dog. It is what it is. I don't always bother with a stealth module, but I did this time. It worked pretty good last time I took it for a spin. Too good, maybe. I'm trying not to hog kills. I want to be be laid back, and just try to support my team, but they were getting razed, so I took three to Valhalla. I'm glad I could help.

Raven-020.jpg

Valkyrian airlines offering free rides to beer hall of lusty Lager-Thas and company of gone fellow heroes, well im up for it, heres my life, my one way ticket. 

• Like 1