[Developer blog] New parts for the upcoming season (continued)

Woodyrojo

36 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

So you're removing the reload perk from engines and making a module for it. Ok, I'm fine with that. I hope you remove the 1 energy from the engine. Else, the new module requiring 1 energy will be a big nerf to reload type weapons.

That's my concern too. The last module we had that affected weapons costed 2 energy and even if this reload module costs 1 energy, it will represent a massive nerf to heavy builds since they will have to chose between more armor or faster reload: heavy cabins already have 1 less energy point, are slow and needs the extra armor and reload speed (because they usually use cannons).

Unless this perk works just like Chamaleons with the Beholder or Aegis with Nova, I don't see this change being any less than a nerf to heavy builds with heavy guns.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

With the plans to redesign the perks of the engines and strengthen their connection to the chassis and other vehicle parameters, this module will be just right

Just don't touch the cheetah. I don't want to carry another module just to make sure that my mk2 cloak will be reloading faster. It would be dumb. I would prefer the engine perks to stay as they are and just add new parameters to them. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

Looking forward to the additions and changes. I am concerned about the new legendary AC though. Assuming it is a 5 energy weapon like the whirlwind, the perk will dictate that it must be used with beholder or have no radiator with it. Heavy cabs will not be a fit at all. Could it be a 4 energy model?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sirocc1 said:

Just don't touch the cheetah. I don't want to carry another module just to make sure that my mk2 cloak will be reloading faster. It would be dumb. I would prefer the engine perks to stay as they are and just add new parameters to them. 

i dont get why people put a cheetah on their builds just to reload their cloaks faster, it already reloads quite fast actually, im ok with the reloading module if it uses a single point of energy, but gives the same, or more amount of the colossus (the way it is worded indicates that the battlepass will have multiple versions of that module, each one a different rarity, so the epic could give something similar to the colossus) because i honestly dont use all the energy on my builds, i am mostly left with a single energy point, so i just dump a verifier in there.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

i dont get why people put a cheetah on their builds just to reload their cloaks faster

It's the fastest engine in game so i use it mostly to be fast af, but as i said its perk is very helpful to me. I need both great speed and faster reloading for my cloak and this engine does both of this things for just 1 Energy. I don't want to be forced to using additional module because i've already spent enough Energy on my hardware. 

You guys have to buff all reloading weapons by at least 10%. I like the engine rework but this will be a SEVERE nerf to all cannons and other reloading guns. The whole game was designed with engines in mind and pretty much all tank players and hovers and others use engines for their reload specifically. If you just take that away then reloading weapons will be quite weaker which will definitely make it extremely harder to kill any attacking dogs etc. Like come on, there is literally no way to detect most incoming cloaked enemies, you have to install a verifier which is barely effective and kapkans are inconsistent and nerfed to ground.

Let's say a blight firebug player goes straight at me, previously it was posible to get out of this battle with dual mastodon spider. But after this? I doubt I will be able to deal enough damage to this guy to kill them. Not only can most short range players delete a spider if they just get close, but spiders don't have the luxury of going 85kph backwards like hovers. Please rethink this.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

I seriously suggest you reconsider the torque change since it will f up every currently existing blueprint in a way that further damage the currently shrinking player base.

The Dev's clearly gonna go through with this change, its gonna be one of those changes they make no matter what the player base says, because that is how they see their game direction going towards, so no point fussing over it as I'm 99.999% sure the Dev's are not gonna budge on this especially when they are incorporating the changes into the upcoming season pass, so probably only got 2 options and they are 1. Live with it or 2. Stop playing the game.

Edited by WolfyVonHowlin
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Waughan said:

So you want to separate reloading boosts from engines to special modules for additional energy when this change doesn't affect Breaker which is already immortal, with broken hitbox, borken weight and for low energy...just to nerf again any alpha damage weapon and make Breakers the ultimate choice for everything?

Just another indirect buff of short range pushing no brain builds which already aboslutely dominates Tin/Bronze/Silver leagues of CWs...

When are you going to refund players who payed for premium and who don't have any interests in you bs anymore?

Hate to break it to you and any other person complaining  and asking for a refund, but clearly didn't read the terms of use, let alone the section that states this

7.3. All purchases made through the Services are non-refundable, except as it is required under the applicable law. The User assumes full responsibility for confirming that the phone, computer or other device are supported, and that the computer, phone or other device has the proper software and is compatible to the products, applications or services purchased, downloaded or otherwise obtained by the User through the Services.

And the part that states except as it is required under the applicable law probably referring to someone hacking your account and buying stuff  on it, but even then probably not

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

With the plans to redesign the perks of the engines and strengthen their connection to the chassis and other vehicle parameters, this module will be just right. Some engines with changed perks will be useful for the majority of vehicles, regardless of the weapons used.

Well hooray! Finally the engines will be used for their stats and mobility and not for their perks! The addition of reloading modules will be just the right thing for this change.

5 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

I seriously suggest you reconsider the torque change since it will f up every currently existing blueprint in a way that further damage the currently shrinking player base.

I don't care for the torque all that much, but if they remove or drastically limit drifting on wheels as was shown on the test servers then THAT will be something that efs up most of my builds.

• Confused 1

Looks good to me. As cannon user, I'm fine with separating the engine perks from the engines and providing a separate module for that application alone.

Just hope the energy concerns are addressed properly though.

Edit: I'm also happy about the legendary and epic variants of the Whirlwind and the Goblin respectively.

Edited by Spedemix
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RoughMonkey said:

If we have to use a module for reload then this is a perfect time to add +1 energy to heavy cabs.

they wont because reapers will become "overpowered" because of aurora reaper spiders 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

they wont because reapers will become "overpowered" because of aurora reaper spiders 

:DD   What?! 

I think we'll take our chances. 

Edited by IHugMachine
  • Haha 1

I would love to know if engines are going to lose all of their perks, or if the reload module is being added so that reload weapons could be still used effectively with cheetah on fast builds, and get improved reload speed if you combine the module with a reload engine.

If engines are keeping their perks, the module just allows us to be less dependent on the perks. But if engines are losing their perks, this would be a nerf to all reload weapons (unless the module costs zero energy).

The third possibility is that the engine perks will be reduced slightly, but still exist, which would be the gentle way of introducing this kind of change.

Edited by poony4u2

I suspect this autocannon is going to actually have lower dps than triple whirlwinds since it doesn't have a damage perk.  The damage/shot would have to be excessively high if it doesn't.  Due to its perk, I suspect it's not a 5 energy weapon as Whirlwind is. Most 5 energy weapons are a bit lousy when using just two of them and are best with 3 and one couldn't use a cloak and rads with 3 of these if this is a case.  If it's a 6 energy weapon, that would justify the damage/bullet being high enough to compete with Whirlwinds' damage perk, it would also create a ton of more build options with them. 

With that said, a legendary frontal mg and now a legendary whirlwind is likely to really kill any viability that Toadfish has.  It can't compete against Kaiju and legendary whirlwinds in long ranges and it can't compete against  mgs in mid range. Toadfish desperately needs a durability buff more than ever now. 

Higher tier goblin was expected at some point, but the weapon's style does just cater to W warrior facehuggers. This obnoxious "playstyle" needs to be discouraged, not encouraged. 

Reload module could be good, if engines no longer cost energy. Otherwise this could kill heavy cabin's viability.

Freight train plow is a very welcome addition. 

Edited by Steel_Artist

Can we get legendary crickets next please? Lol

Yall nerfed the cricket so much its unusable in clan wars and outperformed by the locust in pvp. So give us the next rarity already.

Also if you change hot red and collosus perks then please give them tonnage. Their reload perks is what made them balanced with cheetah and oppressor which give both tonnage and mass. 

Also if oppressor stays the same that will become quite OP if mixed with omnibox and reloading module

Edited by AzraelsGrace
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

Agreed if their changes mess up another build of mine............Im done

I've been here 4 years and the only thing I can say that seriously bothers me is when they make changes that destroy an already viable build, I've been through this once already and had to shitcan a few builds and made others almost completely useless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, x_WARHOG_x said:

Agreed if their changes mess up another build of mine............Im done

I've been here 4 years and the only thing I can say that seriously bothers me is when they make changes that destroy an already viable build, I've been through this once already and had to shitcan a few builds and made others almost completely useless.

I understand this to a degree but I see it the other way. Unless it is done too often, making us change our builds adds to the experience. It gets stale using the same build for 1+ yr

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

And its perk will allow you to attack unexpectedly and will force the opponent to guess where the shells came from. It is planned that shots from this autocannon will take the owner of the car out of invisibility with a certain delay.

so whirlwind + beholder perk, Interesting, I'm very sure this will be a future possession of the nomads

Wow! Great news! Thank you!

8 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Legendary autocannon

And its perk will allow you to attack unexpectedly and will force the opponent to guess where the shells came from. It is planned that shots from this autocannon will take the owner of the car out of invisibility with a certain delay.

How ill this weapon work in raids? Will it matter at all if I cloak? Because currently in defence raids, the raiders rush at me when I'm cloaked, ignoring the tower, the turets, the other team members along the way, and beeline straight for me, even if I'm cloaked and haven't attacked them. Perhaps this weapon wouldn't be ideal for raids, but if someone chooses to use it in raids - will the perk make any difference?

8 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Special weapon reload booster

With the plans to redesign the perks of the engines and strengthen their connection to the chassis and other vehicle parameters, this module will be just right. Some engines with changed perks will be useful for the majority of vehicles, regardless of the weapons used. And if you need to speed up the reloading — the special module will be ready for use. The appearance of more effective similar modules of other rarities is also not excluded.

I need the +20% reload bonus the Colossus grants me in my main battle car, and I can't spare any extra energy for one more module. If the Colosus loses the perk and an energy-consuming module will be required to get that bonus, I won't have a supercool and highly effective battle car.

There could be a solution to introduce such modules at no extra energy cost:
- if there is an engine present that uses energy, the module does not use energy, as long as the engine is still present,
- if such a module is installed without the rpesence of an energy-consuming engine, it will use e.g. 1 point of energy,
- optionally, if any of such modules uses more than 1 energy point, the rp[esence of an energu-consuming engine wouild reduce that module's energy consumption by 1.
Or there could be a similar mechanic. Something that would adderss the problem of more and more auxiliary modules being released, most of which are very useful, but impairing a vehicle's firepower. At present, a combat vehicle often needs to have 4 energy in auxiliary modules to be effective:
- an engine,
- a chameleon,
- a Doppler,
- a Verifier.
This reload boosting monule would be a fifth. Not to mention that leaked module increasing the vehicle's power. And possibly some more in the future.

This problem cannot be solved by increasing the maximum available energy beyond 16 because every additional energy point would icrease the amount of firepower flying around in battles by some per cent, as some players would use that extra energy to get more firepower instead of installing extra auxiliary modules. And that would require the reworking of the durabilities of all parts. But there could be another solution.

Power supply connections with specified high-load outputs and low-load outputs. (With high-load outputs being able to power any type of module, and low-load ones only auxiliary modules.)

So, for example, and it's not a specific suggestion, a cabin with 12 energy could have 8 energy for high-load connections and 4 low-load connections. Meaning that 8 energy provided by that cabin could be used for weapons and 4 energy for non-weapon modules. Some cabins could have more high-load outputs, e.g. heavy cabins, because theyr'e heavy, so it would make sense that they could power more weaponry. Then there would be generators with different load outputs. E.g. a heavy 4-energy generator with 3 high-load and 1 low-load outputs. Let's try some examples. Two points of note here:
1) These examples are to illustrate the method of working out a solution to increasing the energy point limit beyond 16 without that resulting in imbalance of damage flying around in battles vs. part durability. The examples below are not my suggestions for specific definitive values. The values in parentheses are optional variations - because this jsut a demonstration of a method and not a list of specific suggestions.
2) Seeing as there are a number of cabins in most tiers, different cabins could have different values of heavy and low load outputs. E.g. Lunatic and Nomad cabins could emphasize auxiliary modules, while Scaveneger and Steppenwolf cabins could provide more energy for weapons. Then we could consider whether to introduce a medium-load output class. In that case a cannon would be a high-load weapon, but an autocannon or a machinegun a medium-load weapon. And a chameleon would be a low-load module. Or cabins might specialized outputs for powering specific classes of weapons, e.g. Dawn Children's cabins would power energy weapons - but that could be too limiting and should be carefully analyzed. There is a lot of room for modifying the current energy system, and it would have to be properly balanced.

Heavy cabins:
1) A common white cabin: 5 high-load outputs + 2 low-load outputs. (Or 6+1.)
2) A rare heavy cabin: 6 high-load outputs + 3 low-load outputs. (Or 7+2.)
3) A heavy special cabin: 7 high-load outputs + 3 low-load outputs. (Or 8+2.)
4) A heavy epic cabin: 8 high-load outputs + 3 low-load outputs. (Or 9+2.)
5) A heavy legendary cabin: 9 high-load outputs + 2 low-load outputs. (Or 10+1.)
The values in parentheses are optional variations in case the first ones provide too few energy points for weapons. These are all examples of how to work out a solution to the energy limit problem. I'm not trying to propose definitive values for such a solution.

Medium cabins
1) Common: 6+2
2) Rare: 7+3
3) Special: 8+3
4) Epic: 9+3
5) Legendary: 9+3

Light cabins:
1) Common: 5+3
2) Rare: 7+4
3) Special: 7+4
4) Epic: 8+4
5) Legendary: 8+4

Generators would be used to add specific numbers of heavy or low load outputs. This aspect would likewise need careful balancing, as players might prefer different generators for various reasons, and that would not necessarily match their expectations as to their energy type outputs. But more generators could be released to fill all such gaps. Some examples:

1) Light rare generator: 2 low-load outputs.
2) Heavy rare generator: 1 heavy-load and 1 low-load output.
3) Heavy special generator: 2 heavy-load outputs.
4) Light epic generator: 3 low-load outputs.
5) Heavy epic generator: 2+1.
6) Light legendary generator (that has been leaked, but Woody claims it wasn't :wink:): 2+2.
7) Heavy legendary generator: 3+1 / 4+0.

With such a solution in place for the current maximum limit of 16 energy points, further energy outputs could be added to power additional auxiliary modules to be released. for a total maximum of 17 or more energy points. This way, the average amount of firepower flying around in battles would not increase and would not disturb the current balance of damage vs. parts durability, which would be complex and difficult to redo if the energy point limit would be increased without specifying how many points can be used for powering weapons.

I'll use this opportunity to remark that this is a ninth day in a row of very bad lag for me. The game has been almost unplayable for me for a few days now. Many other players have been reporting similarly bad lag. I can even see that lag in the way players' vehicles drive and shoot, as well as in their scores in the summary screen. This lag issue is so bad it literally renders some players incapable of making a sound contribution the fight, like they're in the battle, but not fully there. It's like assigning a random handicap to one or both teams. Some players claim to have not had any significant lag in this period. But many more than usually have said they do. Why doesn't Gaijin rent a sufficient amount of server resources? My Internet connection is fine, nothing has changed in that regard. Many players have concluded it's an issue with the servers. for me, it started on 2021.05.17. The very bad lag. Before that, there were short spells of noticeable lag lasting a few hours, for weeks or more, but that was what I was used to. Now I can't really play Crossout. I just try to get the challenges done and that's all I can barely do.

Edited by Omega616
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, AzraelsGrace said:

Also if you change hot red and collosus perks then please give them tonnage

I don't think the hot red should have tonnage, because it doesn't take up any energy drain, so they removed tonnage from the hot red. (to balance thing, but it's just my opinion)

4 minutes ago, Omega616 said:

How ill this weapon work in raids? Will it matter at all if I cloak? Because currently in defence raids, the raiders rush at me when I'm cloaked, ignoring the tower, the turets, the other team members along the way, and beeline straight for me, even if I'm cloaked and haven't attacked them. Perhaps this weapon wouldn't be ideal for raids, but if someone chooses to use it in raids - will the perk make any difference?

This autocannon should be unparalleled in PVP IMO

Edited by GT47VER4

Looks good , nice job . I would like even some other maps too , when is possible because in my opinion playing same maps over and over again make game bit boring . Example in counter strike i had like more than 2.000 maps , another game soldat i had 4.000 maps , game not get old when you have so much maps to change . Even simple maps if you do ,is enough are different . Thx 

• Confused 1

I wonder what can of coffee is the one bellow \/ \/ \/ \/

Screenshot_2021-05-25  New parts for the upcoming season (continued) - News - Crossout.png

• Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.