Jump to content

[Developer blog] New parts for the upcoming season (continued)


Woodyrojo
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Omega616 said:

With such a solution in place for the current maximum limit of 16 energy points, further energy outputs could be added to power additional auxiliary modules to be released. for a total maximum of 17 or more energy points. This way, the average amount of firepower flying around in battles would not increase and would not disturb the current balance of damage vs. parts durability, which would be complex and difficult to redo if the energy point limit would be increased without specifying how many points can be used for powering weapons.

16 energy is the last thing which works in this game. Cabins are broken, weapons are broken, movement parts are broken, power score is broken which leads into broken matches...the only thing which stays is 16 energy cap...

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Claysdad said:

I understand this to a degree but I see it the other way. Unless it is done too often, making us change our builds adds to the experience. It gets stale using the same build for 1+ yr

It makes no sense when people threatens to quit the game over having to change theur builds or make new ones. It seems that the game being about building has somehow escaped their minds. 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, not_trisa133 said:

So you're removing the reload perk from engines and making a module for it. Ok, I'm fine with that. I hope you remove the 1 energy from the engine. Else, the new module requiring 1 energy will be a big nerf to reload type weapons.

sadly their modules cost 2-3 energy currently, tormentor & power unit... 

it would be nice to see long term issues getting dealt with before creating a swathe of new ones, 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Waughan said:

So you want to separate reloading boosts from engines to special modules for additional energy

When I started this game, that's how I thought all perks should be handled: through modules, not cabs, not engines, not guns. I like the maneuver, but I'm afraid of their updates. I hope it rolls out without too many hitches. I hate the controversies, and I don't care for waves of OP new parts trolling the Wasteland. However, they usually reel it in at some point.

I still don't miss the Nest.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DocSavage said:

When I started this game, that's how I thought all perks should be handled: through modules, not cabs, not engines, not guns. I like the maneuver, but I'm afraid of their updates. I hope it rolls out without too many hitches. I hate the controversies, and I don't care for waves of OP new parts trolling the Wasteland. However, they usually reel it in at some point.

And I have nothing against it if this was here since the begening. Now, devs only want to separate it to further lower the efficiency of alpha damage weapon builds... there is a system of balance build around current way of how items work. If you change these items completely , you'll have to rebalance stuff. But because balance is already broken, this crazy stuff will break it even more. All systems of balancing was broken during time and there is only one which is still here and used...

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Special weapon reload booster...

this module just smells of a massive nerf for any reload weapons...

and I bet this module gonna be two energy to realy screw up reload for said weapons....

 

and goblins getting a mega buff and adding more meleee items to the game...

this game only focuses on hovers, scorps, meleee, shotguns, and wedges

 

 

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sasherz said:

Special weapon reload booster...

this module just smells of a massive nerf for any reload weapons...

and I bet this module gonna be two energy to realy screw up reload for said weapons....

 

and goblins getting a mega buff and adding more meleee items to the game...

this game only focuses on hovers, scorps, meleee, shotguns, and wedges

goblins arent getting a buff, it is a new weapon that works like the goblin...

 

and also, it is a shotgun, not a melee weapon...

  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

It makes no sense when people threatens to quit the game over having to change there builds or make new ones. It seems that the game being about building has somehow escaped their minds. 

I'm glad you said so. I agree. I think the building feature is one of this game's strong suits. I'm glad to see them lean into it a little.

If this was just a shooter, I wouldn't play it at all. I never even would have given it second glance. It being the only game out there with this feature is absolutely why I tolerate it's frequent issues.

I like the vibes I'm getting off this season's Battle Pass. I don't want to get my hopes too high, but I like the flavor of this up-and-coming Battle Pass, I think. I'm in.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Waughan said:

there is a system of balance build around current way of how items work. If you change these items completely , you'll have to rebalance stuff. But because balance is already broken, this crazy stuff will break it even more. All systems of balancing was broken during time and there is only one which is still here and used...

That's a strong point, I think. I do expect tumult. It's happened too many times to argue with that, for sure.

I suspect they are slowly reworking the whole system according to an updated vision they have. A lot of the new stuff is the same as the old stuff, but just updated (improved?).

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using the release of a 'increase reload speed module' as the way to announce that you are going to brutalize all of the engines really seems to validate the opinions some hold that the decisions of the development team prioritize financial gains.

I like to think that isn't true, but you've got to at least give me some room for reasonable doubt.  It doesn't make sense to nerf all the engines just so you can release a reload module in a battle pass.  Why wouldn't you just do a charge module since you only develop charge based weapons?  Then you wouldn't need to rework all of the engines.

I guess you could argue that you are reworking all the engines to make up for everything you are breaking with the torque tests, but what is the purpose of all of this effort?  To release a special tier reload module?  None of these decisions make any sense to me, hopefully someone who it does make sense to can enlighten me.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't Tim Apple was still launching new ipads

Screenshot_2021-05-25  New parts for the upcoming season (continued) - News - Crossout(1).png

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steel_Artist said:

It makes no sense when people threatens to quit the game over having to change theur builds or make new ones. It seems that the game being about building has somehow escaped their minds. 

almost all of my builds are broken beyond repair on test server.. it's hard to be motivated to rebuild 20+ builds..

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, _sid___ said:

I guess you could argue that you are reworking all the engines to make up for everything you are breaking with the torque tests, but what is the purpose of all of this effort?  To release a special tier reload module?  None of these decisions make any sense to me, hopefully someone who it does make sense to can enlighten me.

to remove that old entanglement between reloading boosts and engines, of all things, that have nothing to do with weapons.

mg/shotgun: cooler/radi

plasma emitter: power unit

cannons&modules: eNgINes :016:

 

engines should be about movement and movement related perks&boosts, not weapon reloading side effects that limit your choice to 3 engines.

ofc energy cost, powerscore and the future perks of engines will need to be looked at.

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

and also, it is a shotgun, not a melee weapon...

the goblin and its epic rarity, are a cross between melee weapon and a range weapon,

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, forc3dinduction said:

to remove that old entanglement between reloading boosts and engines, of all things, that have nothing to do with weapons.

mg/shotgun: cooler/radi

plasma emitter: power unit

cannons&modules: eNgINes :016:

 

engines should be about movement and movement related perks&boosts, not weapon reloading side effects that limit your choice to 3 engines.

ofc energy cost, powerscore and the future perks of engines will need to be looked at.

and why would this apparently oh so necessary change only take place when they are releasing a module that does what the cabins currently do?  shouldn't it have been on test servers with torque updates?  What was the point of even having test server torque updates when all of the engines are going to change and thus all of the testing results will be drastically different than they are now, where every build has 2k less tonnage than live?  It doesn't make sense.

Edited by _sid___
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, _sid___ said:

almost all of my builds are broken beyond repair on test server.. it's hard to be motivated to rebuild 20+ builds..

why bother fixing 20 builds? nice art builds or the usual meta cheese you can find on exhi by the dozen?

take some screenshots of interesting assembly details if you want to keep them, maybe fiddle with them again when you want to actually use them or just overwrite them eventually with something new.

at least they're still working on the game

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, _sid___ said:

and why would this apparently oh so necessary change only take place when they are releasing a module that does what the cabins currently do?

so you cant stack too many reloading modules. also, gotta start somewhere at some point

3 minutes ago, _sid___ said:

shouldn't it have been on test servers with torque updates?

no. why should it have. test server was about torque testing since they felt that idea was far along enough and they wanted more feedback

5 minutes ago, _sid___ said:

What was the point of even having test server torque updates when all of the engines are going to change and thus all of the testing results will be drastically different than they are now

potentially moving reloading perks from engines to modules changes their mass/power/movement related factors? i'm gonna need some proof on that.

7 minutes ago, _sid___ said:

It doesn't make sense.

best we can do is wait and give feedback when there's actual information or a way to test the updated/new parts. what we can guess from these foggy preview posts without any numbers or more detailed description on what will be changed to what is so unspecific, it is barely worth crying about.

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, forc3dinduction said:

no. why should it have. test server was about torque testing since they felt that idea was far along enough and they wanted more feedback

Builds lost thousands of tonnage on test server with torque changes, it makes a huge difference in the outcome if engines are going to be adding some of that tonnage back or not.


 

 

8 minutes ago, forc3dinduction said:

potentially moving reloading perks from engines to modules changes their mass/power/movement related factors? i'm gonna need some proof on that.


You're commenting on the post that it is announced in.

Edited by _sid___
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, _sid___ said:

Builds lost thousands of tonnage on test server with torque changes, it makes a huge difference in the outcome if engines are going to be adding some of that tonnage back or not

Movement parts and cabins had their mass decreases too to conpensate....

22 minutes ago, _sid___ said:

You're commenting on the post that it is announced in.

Yes, but how changing their perks is gonna change their actual stats tho?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, davmax07 said:

Movement parts and cabins had their mass decreases too to conpensate....

Yes, but how changing their perks is gonna change their actual stats tho?

I don't know if that is true but I do know most of my builds on test server are broken beyond repair, even my light builds are 1500+ over tonnage on test server

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

With the plans to redesign the perks of the engines and strengthen their connection to the chassis and other vehicle parameters,

Finally! I should use this engine, module, or movement part because of its intrinsic value, not a perk tacked onto it that affects something unrelated! 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, not_trisa133 said:

So you're removing the reload perk from engines and making a module for it. Ok, I'm fine with that. I hope you remove the 1 energy from the engine. Else, the new module requiring 1 energy will be a big nerf to reload type weapons.

Alpha damage weapons suck in this game atm because of spaced armor. You could nerf all ranged alpha damage weapons and remove spaced armor and ranged weapon meta would benefit from it. 

Ranged weapons lose too much of their damage efficiency with spaced armor while dogs and hitscan burst weapons like breakers/punishers lose ZERO. Reduce the effectiveness of spaced armor and suddenly phoons/scorps are able to 2-3 shot light cab dogs with good shot placement, which is how it should be. Ranged weapons need to kill dogs in 3 salvos, if that means they lose reload from engines I welcome that change. 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice thank you, 

Yet I have 2 comments

Could you give us some comment about the smoke screen module? 

And a posible date for the next season? :005j:

 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...