Crossoutday Brawl Builds

Posted (edited)

I guess I could find these builds at the Exhibition, and I might go there on my own, but I wanted to record some of the ones, if not all of the ones, I found amusing. Some of them, I think, are nice and I might want to borrow from their design later, for my own builds. I think some of these guys are pretty good. All of them are very creative, IMO. I applaud the developers for farming out a little bit of creativity to the community. Obviously, they are well suited for it. I think it helped make for an outstanding, maybe slightly silly, brawl, that is fun if nothing else.

There are prizes too. I like the Hologram, and it'll be one of the few I keep that I've earned through events over time. I like memorabilia. I know tastes vary. I'm not buying the "this brawl sucks" thing, though. It doesn't, and I haven't heard much of that anyway. There were a couple good reasons why that soccer thing could suck, though, but whatever. It was still fun. The tank thing can be pretty rough sometimes too, but this gig was pretty sharply presented, IMO. The Map is 84D455. If nothing else, it's fun to play that map...even in wonky hover-cheese.

Anywho, I'm trying to stay positive about my favorite game to hate, and I'm on a roll. I'm not hating it at all, and so I'm going to make a list of some of the builds I got to pilot through this Crossoutday Event. Like I said, I will probably end up borrowing ideas here, so I want a record.

Brawler-001.jpg

I can't remember what it did, but it sure looks cool. I'll have to go back and play a bit before I post more (who cares?), so I can remember what they all have going. A lot of their gear I'm not familiar with at all. I tried a lot of stuff out here for the first time.

I've got some coin right now, thanks to the OBT packs (I thought those were cool too), so it might be a useful shopping tool to go run some more brawls. Most of it I can't operate for crap, but I might find something new that suits me. I suppose I could just browse the Exhibition, but I'm not going to do that. I never have. I'm going to do this. It's a lot more fun. Who has this much fun shopping?

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

This one I liked. It's a lot of fun and it worked pretty well, but the reload time is long and the event is timed, so...I'd fire a volley and then drive around the park while it reloaded, and then fire again. It was mostly successful, but it didn't score points fast enough to win. It's fun and looks sharp too, I think.

Brawler-002.jpg

I'm not that great at this game, I loose a good bit naturally, but I did manage to make rank once while out brawling for the camera. After I did, I realized I had probably bumped somebody from making their goal to get the goods. I don't think I'll have to try very hard not to do that again. I already got my hologram (love it), so I'm just playing for fun at this point. I'll be a better sport next time out. I do want to get a feel for some of these guns though (I'm shopping), so I will shoot yer 455 if I catch ya, but I'm going to goof off a little too, and try to stay out of making the Fantastic Four. It felt like a D1C move to do it differently.

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

Brawler-009b.jpg

Oops...That happened fast. I didn't mean to get that far ahead, but this rig was way stronger than I expected. I'm not sure what gun that is at the moment (I'll find out), but yikes. I'm not very good with cannons and I was surprised that I was dominating with this set-up. Since I don't do well with cannons, and I do get regular cannon dailies, I might consider a rig like this to help me out with that. That's hard to do, because I like fast and percussive (passive melee) better, and I'd rather spend my coin on something I really like. This is percussive for D4MN sure (it really goes thump), but I bet it costs a fortune, and it is slow...but it would remove a lot of grief from my garage if I could get a rig like this to work that well in pvp.

Brawler-009.jpg

I cut this .jpg big to show off the map a little. Some of the others ahead I've cut big for the same reason. It's got some nice features, it's big, and has a variety of landscapes that seem well put together.

Brawler-015.jpg

I could never get it to work very well for this guy, though. It really sucked, and I was constantly crawling across walls trying to get out of a corner. It's a very beautiful build, but man, it's hard to pilot.

And wow, I really like this map. This part looks like home to me. So do some of the other places in this ghost world of Crossout, but this place has it turned up a notch for me...that bird, though...not combat ready.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

I liked the aesthetics with this one a lot, but I couldn't make it work as well as some of the others. It could be just me, and I would like to get another shot at it.

Brawler-003.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
Posted (edited)

This one is one of my favorites. It's a little silly, but it works and looks cool doing it. I have no idea how well something like this would do in pvp, but it was good for this brawl.

Brawler-007.jpg

Edited by DocSavage

Those are the ones that I liked, and I'll probably leave it at that. If anybody else has anything to add, they are welcome to it, but I've got what I came for I think.

Brawler-004.jpg

• Upvote 1

I liked that batmobileish black one the best looker, and the retcher thing most effective, together with that ugky Tackler + mg truck as well. 

I played the rewards in what an hour, and didnt take screencaps i think, sorry.