[Developer blog] New information about the upcoming season (part 3)

• Developer

Devblog3EN.jpg

You can familiarize yourself with the previous part of the blog about the new season here.

Hello, survivors!

We continue to share the newest information on the upcoming new season. Today we are going to discuss a couple of new parts and important information on changes in the production of parts of legendary rarity from this season.

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. This applies not only to information about possible unique features of new parts, but also to the appearance of the parts themselves.

Epic weapon reload booster

03%20(1).jpg

This device is a direct continuation of the “special” booster from the previous blog. The difference is only in its size and effectiveness: the “epic” rarity already hints that the weapons will reload even faster with it.

Light epic wheel

mokap2.jpg

Earlier, some of the players asked us: when will the light epic wheel appear in the game? Now it’s time to introduce it!

The wheel is lighter in weight than the already familiar “Bigfoot” and “Hermit”, but its durability is also significantly lower.

But the most interesting thing is its perk. As you already know, the game has enough parts, whose perks give the maximum bonuses after reaching a certain speed. So, the perk of the new wheel will reduce the speed requirements for activating bonuses in such parts.

Suppose you have a “Nidhogg” shotgun. Its park achieves maximum efficiency at a speed of 80 km/h. And with these wheels you can achieve the same effect at a speed of, say, 50 km/h (the exact value is given as an example only).

And how much the requirements will be reduced will depend on the amount of such wheels among all other chassis installed on your vehicle.

What was the part from the cover of the previous devblog?

01.jpg

Most of you guessed correctly: it is a structural part / new bumper. Though, it is worth saying that ideas and assumptions about “a plow with a built-in weapon” looked really curious.

Changes in the production of legendary parts from the new season

We would like to note once again that the change described below applies only to the parts of the legendary rarity and only from the future season. The parts that are already in the game will not be affected.

In the new season, you will still be able to open recipes for the production of new parts, regardless of whether you have purchased a battle pass or play without it. The main difference will be that you will be able to craft new parts of legendary rarity only while the new season is active.

This means that until the season is over, you can craft as many new parts of legendary rarity as you like. But when it is completed, the recipes for the production of these parts will become unavailable. Already crafted parts can be bought or sold on the market without any problem — this will remain unchanged.

We would like to note that unlocked recipes for “special” and “epic” rarity parts will always be available, even after the end of the season.

So feel free to craft more new legendary parts “in advance”. In the future, you will most likely be able to sell them on the in-game market and earn additional profit!

• Like 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 17
  • Upvote 3
  • Woodyrojo changed the title to [Developer blog] New information about the upcoming season (part 3)
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the legendary production change sounds bad  

wtf is this

No, its not bad, its worse, another terrible anti player decision. Whats the reason? Oh i know, to make things, again, more expensive. There is no other reason to do things that PLAYERS DONT

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

We would like to note once again that the change described below applies only to the parts of the legendary rarity and only from the future season. The parts that are already in the game will not be affected.

In the new season, you will still be able to open recipes for the production of new parts, regardless of whether you have purchased a battle pass or play without it. The main difference will be that you will be able to craft new parts of legendary rarity only while the new season is active.

This means that until the season is over, you can craft as many new parts of legendary rarity as you like. But when it is completed, the recipes for the production of these parts will become unavailable. Already crafted parts can be bought or sold on the market without any problem — this will remain unchanged.

Good

we dont need more legendaries roaming around

• Confused 23
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, iamjohnconnor said:

I guess this takes away the advantage that older players would have over newer players who join after a battlepass has finished, but if a legendary is never craftable again 
these items will become extremely rare and very high priced, especially if they are in any way strong items.

Only the train cabin, because it will become mandatory to use it on any reaper build

12 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

Only the train cabin, because it will become mandatory to use it on any reaper build

it has the durability perk right?

Posted (edited)

Aside from the fact that this is pure ***....

Will it affect the previous battlepass too?!    (I did not read well enough, my bad)

Anyways, I dislike the fact that legendary blueprints will disappear for both those who pay and those who don't. It means the supply of something will be completely cut. That's just messing with the future new players that would hopefully join at some point.

Having to pay a high price for something is better than not being able to ever get it at all.

Edited by UguDyLight
didnt want to be impolite, my bad
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

Epic weapon reload booster

If these new modules use energy, players would have to do without some other modules to install them. For example, my Incinerator car has the following modules:
- 2x Incinerator,
- a Colossus,
- a Doppler,
- a Verifier,
- a Chameleon.
If the reload perk is removed from the Colossus and I'll have to spend an energy point on a reload module, I'd have to do without one of the highly useful auxiliary modules.

A solution could be to give cabins and/or generators e.g. +1 extra energy that could only be used for auxiliary modules. That way, it would be possible to have a car with 17 or 18 energy, but only 16 would be able to be used for weapons. This would not create a balancing issue in terms of a few per cent more damage flying around in battles - which would in turn need the durabilities of all parts to be reworked. A simple and elegant way to transition from reload perks in engines to moving them to separate modules without creating balancing issues. That +1 energy point could be called a low-voltage/load output. Just as PC PSUs have outputs to power different components.

An example of a balancing issue created by messing with energy requirements was the increasing of the Kaiju's energy consumption to 12. Now, if a Kaiju player wants to have all 4 of the above-mentioned auxiliary modules, they can't also have a scope. It was a mistake to limit their building options like that. I haven't owned a Kaiju. I just don't like seeing senseless arbitrary decisions messing with people's stuff.

Light epic wheel

How about that legendary train wheel from the Chinese version of Crossout? Or was that just a leak? I'd love to be able to rock some of those, even if that required a railway track deployer module. I could even roleplay as a friendly track deployer car for my team. :smile: Already roleplayed as a cleric class vehicle with my Barriers IX, until that module was nerfed beyond reliable usefullness.

I mean, if we're going 'full-on train' here with that plow and whatnot, let's be consistent, right? :wink: Having to use legendary that train cabin with the rare Gun-mount wheels wouldn't be enough.

Oh, and a new resource: Coal. :biggrin:

That looks like a convenient way to make the players spend more money in that 75-day period. As if Gaijin badly needed a cash bomb. Hopefully, to finally start renting an adequate amount of servers. (It's a 16th day of bad lag for me.) Unless they're getting ready to pull the plug after the season's over.

H-hey... But that will also prevent players from making profit by crafting those parts outside of the season... Like giving them a nudge to go and buy that coin pack... :ohmy:

Edited by Omega616
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
Posted (edited)

The upcoming season already looks fun overall.

It also doesn't seem too scary to be unable to craft parts when the season is over since it's common for mostly all games. Those who are the most active during the season are rewarded the most and can show off their stuff in the future. Nothing wrong about it, depends from what side you look at it. But if much players want it another way, then it might be a reason to make it that way. Nothing scary either way.

One thing where you would definitely want to see the improvements, is a slightly slow pace of introduction of new parts of other rarities to the game. Over six years to see a legendary continuation of a Whirlwind sounds a little too long. But can't deny that we get completely new weapons though. At the same time you also want to see improvements in other aspects of the game, like improvement of various mechanics, more detailed destruction, etc.

Edited by The_Doomsday
  • Confused 9
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, iamjohnconnor said:

I guess this takes away the advantage that older players would have over newer players who join after a battlepass has finished, but if a legendary is never craftable again 
these items will become extremely rare and very high priced, especially if they are in any way strong items.

Not really, as older players will have enough money to get these parts. All the battlepass Legendary Cabins are VERY good. Now because enough people can craft them the parts stay close to the crafting cost. Newer/poorer players won't be able to afford them with this change happening. Unless... They buy coin packs!

1 hour ago, Secarious said:

What reason is there to deny people being able to craft legendaries after the season other then to just be annoying? What if I don't want it until like 6 months later I come up with a great use of that legendary? Oh wait I forgot, it'll make people spend more money. Right got it.

Maybe although everyone already thinks the game is too expensive. They could spend more or... Quit? 

35 minutes ago, The_Doomsday said:

It also doesn't seem too scary to be unable to craft parts when the season is over since it's common for mostly all games. Those who are the most active during the season are rewarded the most and can show off their stuff in the future. Nothing wrong about it, depends from what side you look at it.

In a game where crafting a relic with the equivalent of +-€225 (and you need 2/3) and everything is already way too expensive, where the main existential threat to the game is that no new players are joining because there are so many disadvantages of being a new player, it's fine because... Other games do it too sometimes? 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.