[Developer blog] New information about the upcoming season (part 3)

Woodyrojo

Posted (edited)

Sigh..

The main difference will be that you will be able to craft new parts of legendary rarity only while the new season is active.

You guys must really hate your playerbase.

This is an absolutely ridiculous anti player change that will only completely screw  players while also encouraging "P2W" arguments as it's going to lead to hyper inflated prices of the legendaries once the BP is over. 

Supply of these legendaries will, of course, completely stop once the battlepass is over..but it's worse then that: If the items are good enough for people to fuse, they will actually be getting gradually removed from the game (As fusions are designed as a item sink, obviously)  but they will have no supply unless the BP makes a return which is very unlikely. 

Did any of you even consider that...was this thought through at all? 

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

In the new season, you will still be able to open recipes for the production of new parts, regardless of whether you have purchased a battle pass or play without it. The main difference will be that you will be able to craft new parts of legendary rarity only while the new season is active.

This means that until the season is over, you can craft as many new parts of legendary rarity as you like. But when it is completed, the recipes for the production of these parts will become unavailable. Already crafted parts can be bought or sold on the market without any problem — this will remain unchanged.

We would like to note that unlocked recipes for “special” and “epic” rarity parts will always be available, even after the end of the season.

So feel free to craft more new legendary parts “in advance”. In the future, you will most likely be able to sell them on the in-game market and earn additional profit!

This is the stupidest thing you can do with these items. All items should be available for crafting to people who opens it. Another moneymilking mechanics

And another wheel builds/melee/breaker buff via new wheels...you are bunch of idiots

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, davmax07 said:

Only the train cabin, because it will become mandatory to use it on any reaper build

Why would it be mandatory? Fused durability reapers work fine. And Nova or bastion would work better then new cabin.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Sasherz said:

I was about to say sure I give them 35 bucks (or whatever it gonna cost)  for the elite battle pass, but now with this limited time legendarie trash idea they have, I doubt I even give them 10 for the basic one.

you will also save yourself the storage space trouble if you dont unlock the decor and fused items from the bp

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, forc3dinduction said:

you will also save yourself the storage space trouble if you dont unlock the decor and fused items from the bp

The decor is easily sold to make storage space. The fused items don't take up enough storage space to be a problem.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. This applies not only to information about possible unique features of new parts

this is the best idea of this devblog for your bogus projects !!!!:bomber:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

if legendries recipies get locked when the BP ends i will not be buying the battlepass

if i support this now. the next BP will have epics locked then teals  and then that will leak into the game we have now where its gonna be like spend $1000 to craft legendaries, epics etc and if you don't do it now you wont ever be able to 

i like this game i really do but i won't support anti player practices

Edited by Splatacake
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, davmax07 said:

i love how most people aren't even reading the post itself, just going form what others are saying and making assumptioms:curious:

the worst is that a lot of these replies are from people thinking that they are gonna make all legendaries uncraftable:016:

I think you will find most people have read and understood what they said. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Dear Gaijin,

This change you are doing with the legendary weapons from the battle pass. This is the kind of change that will cause your own demise. This is terrible. This is not what Crossout needs, the game has a small player base and needs to be attractive to new players.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

Please read

No need to be like that, i saw it afterwards... :/

Does not change the other point: it's going to be a pain if the 'legendary' items just disappear from the crafting list after that.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

More blueprint slots please. Ya'll have given us over a hundred new weapons and multiple contests which require a blueprint to be uploaded and submitted. Now we're getting even more. :C Please give us more places to put our creations. It'll make us much more eager to buy parts for them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Splatacake said:

i like this game i really do but i won't support anti player practices

I like Crossout very much, but in the last years it's very troubling where the game headed. This business strategy is going in the wrong direction. I planned to pay for this battlepass as items look interesting, but I think now it's time to vote with our wallets. I won't support this direction and the milking of the already small playerbase. Oh, and I think a simple "well, we changed our mind for now" won't be enough now as damage control. Hard-to-earn Reputation and Trust were lost today and it's funny how there is no official reaction on outraged posts of customers.

PS: Don't get me wrong: I'm able and want to spend money on good games that respect and rewards its loyal players. I'd prefer packs (with craftable, but expensive items) and CKs (still would buy APC wheel CKs). Milking with OP non-craftables is a shame though...

Edited by LordDrex
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

In the new season, you will still be able to open recipes for the production of new parts, regardless of whether you have purchased a battle pass or play without it. The main difference will be that you will be able to craft new parts of legendary rarity only while the new season is active.

This means that until the season is over, you can craft as many new parts of legendary rarity as you like. But when it is completed, the recipes for the production of these parts will become unavailable. Already crafted parts can be bought or sold on the market without any problem — this will remain unchanged.

We would like to note that unlocked recipes for “special” and “epic” rarity parts will always be available, even after the end of the season.

So feel free to craft more new legendary parts “in advance”. In the future, you will most likely be able to sell them on the in-game market and earn additional profit!

You can note this however you want, fully time-limited parts related to end-game content like that is a horrific idea. Just... bad.. like 500 levels of bad. Stop trying to limit player customization, that's NOT how this game is advertised. DO NOT pretend this is a good idea. DO NOT implement this.

Full Stop.

I'm usually willing to give whatever ideas you guys come up with a chance, but this one is a flat no. I cannot say that -strenuously- enough. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, LOoD said:

:o Changes in the production of legendary parts from the new season :o

i don't know the real sens of this in russian or english cause that can disturb , but in my language i understand " it's only for the legendary weapon from this battle pass "

So if is this , no problem , it's same like old Craft event  “Knight riders”

If one dev can confirm this i think all will be more cool , thx

It will affect the next battlepass, but possibly the other battlepass in the future. Previous battlepass aren't affected.

And it's not like Knight Riders because so far, same battlepass don't come back next near.

russian translation :

Это повлияет на следующий боевой путь, но, возможно, и на другой боевой путь в будущем. Предыдущий боевой пропуск не затрагивается.

И это не похоже на Knight Riders, потому что пока тот же Battlepass не вернется в следующем году.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

The decor is easily sold to make storage space. The fused items don't take up enough storage space to be a problem.

Fused items do take space.

edit: all good, I misunderstood

Edited by Charlie9204

3 hours ago, PrivateBrowsing said:

I think you will find most people have read and understood what they said. 

, i saw someone saying that all legendary itens were going uncraftable

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Since you only add new items in seasons, you are saying that every new legendary item introduced into the game from this point forward will have unbelievable scarcity and be prohibitively expensive for most players. 

Every.  Legendary.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

(A few months after weapon production restriction update..)  Hey i'm a new player, i want this weapon ! Oh i cant craft it. But i can buy it ! Wait why is this so expensive ? *Calculating* Ok i will need just 1 or 2 years to get this build by selling my components/fuel and stuff i earned from battles ! Wait the game will die before this happen. *Put out credit card*

The game is still so freaking expensive that most people have to bring their credit card if they dont want to wait 3 years for their first relic weapon and 1 year for legendaries.... And now restrict weapons so people have to buy them from market with cash will just raise weapons prices and make it worst.

Why not make the game battle rewards higher  so players dont leave because of too long grinding ? Or maybe random crates rewarded after each battles with small chances to get weapons/engines/modules etc.. This would be a good move to give people some hope while playing the game without have to put money.

Edited by Hashiro974
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, _sid___ said:

Since you only add new items in seasons, you are saying that every new legendary item introduced into the game from this point forward will have unbelievable scarcity and be prohibitively expensive for most players. 

Every.  Legendary.

They said "only the legendary from the future season" so they didn't decided yet if all the BP from now will have this system. So it's too soon to tell if that concern every legendary from now on.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hashiro974 said:

Again a game dying because of devs trying to grind money instead of doing what player ask.  Same thing happened to Robocraft... Hey crossout become old we know it's not gonna be more popular whatever we do so let's just take their money until there wont be players anymore to grab cash from.

I mean wtf look at the player population, look at the battles full of bots. Yet the game is still so freaking expensive that most people have to bring their credit card if they dont want to wait 3 years for their first relic weapon and 1 year for legendaries.... And now restrict weapons so people have to buy them from market with cash...

If you are in a bad situation, do that with CK parts/style parts, not core game changes.

i will normally get battles full with 16 players a lot of times when playing 8k ps, but there is always multiple queues running, you can switch queue by partying up with someone, waiting some time after the battle ends before queueing again, or just rage quitting in the midle, or start of a battle and then instantly requeueing, most people dont know, but not everyone plays at the same powerscore and modes.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

How about instead of making it season pass only, you take a tip of other game’s battle passes and make it so you get these opinions instead. 
1. Blueprints and the upgraded given weapon are the same slot on the pass so if you purchased pass you get the weapon and blueprint but if you didn’t you just get the blueprint for doing challenges. I’m sure we can all agree a slot dedicated to just the blueprint is a little lame. 

2. If players miss out or are new players to make a custom challenge after the season ends to unlock the blueprint so all players can get access. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Hashiro974 said:

(A few months after weapon production restriction update..)  Hey i'm a new player, i want this weapon ! Oh i cant craft it. But i can buy it ! Wait why is this so expensive ? *Calculating* Ok i will need just 1 or 2 years to get this build by selling my components/fuel and stuff i earned from battles ! Wait the game will die before this happen. *Put out credit card*

The game is still so freaking expensive that most people have to bring their credit card if they dont want to wait 3 years for their first relic weapon and 1 year for legendaries.... And now restrict weapons so people have to buy them from market with cash will just raise weapons prices and make it worst.

Why not make the game battle rewards higher  so players dont leave because of too long grinding ? Or maybe random crates rewarded after each battles with small chances to get weapons/engines/modules etc.. This would be a good move to give people some hope while playing the game without have to put money.

I like the first ideal, making the resource awards be a higher amount

Patrol/basic scrap mode have up to 50 scrap awarded the scrap mode above that have up to 100 to 150 scrap cap award, the wire pvp mode wire award could be up to 50 to 75 wires per match and same with the battery pvp mode. Now for the raids Easy raid awards should be around 200 copper and 50 coupons Normal raids should only award plastics and coupons 100 plastics and 75 coupons and hard raids should only have electronics and coupons, 50 electronics and 100 coupons, plus all those temp parts you get from crates should be able to be salvage for resources! While on resources and how much it takes to do stuff, lets talk about the co drivers!

Co-drivers use way too much resources and expensive resources to level  all of them to lvl 15 talking about thousands of gold per co-driver to fully lvl it up. How about change the lvl requirements to every 5 levels cost 25 gold, 200 coupons and 100 shell castings?! is in total each co-driver would cost 75 gold, 600 coupons and 300 castings.

While at resources why are the patches we get for doing stuff in raids/pvp etc still useless even after the reset you did with them a while back? Maybe make them tradable for resources like x amount of patches can be traded in for ex amount of resources and on the other hand use the patches to lower the cost of crafting by exchanging them for a resource = set amount?

Hashiro974/poster I am replying to may be a semi new player as when I started years ago not only did you get scrap each match but a random white part excluding a few, till they made them craftable after removing them as part of being an award

Like we get so little reward and things cost so much to do, like fusing, crafting items, I don't fuse stuff usually it cost too much and hardy a crafter as crafting 1 legendary take up 90 to 100% of my resources up, I'm not one of those people who'll sit at their computer for 8 hours plus playing this game everyday, more casual, thus why I haven't been able to buy a relic let alone craft a relic weapon, geez some of the paints in this game can cost as much as 1 or 2 legendary per paint can!

Not to mention all the maps taken out and ones that were complete but never released or released for raids then discontinued etc

It shouldn't take years to craft stuff, I'd even say increase the amount of uranium players get in CW's and lower the bar of when you get it, not saying make it common like the other resources but bit more available!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, FreedomStar_FS@psn said:

2. If players miss out or are new players to make a custom challenge after the season ends to unlock the blueprint so all players can get access. 

This is the right direction, they should be expanding access to new content, not restricting it.

Edited by _sid___
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.