[Developer blog] New information about the upcoming season (part 3)

Woodyrojo

It is a horribly bad idea to restrict the crafting of some items like this especially when you have to earn the ability to craft them in the first place. It doesn't really surprise me though as the dev's have gutted or made worse just about every event they've put out in the game after a few rotations of it.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

...I also have to say I'm not a fan of limiting the availability of Legendary items by making them not craftable after the season ends.

It could work if the playerbase of the game was significantly higher. But since it isn't it just gonna create lot of contention later down the line especially if a weapon ends up being a little OP after the season and you developers just decide to take your time to reign it in.

And once you do eventually balance the weapon, you're gonna make small set of players extremely unhappy since those players probably spent a great deal of coins to fusion those weapon.

This is not even a hypothetical situation since it's exactly what happened with Pulsars!

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 4

Without having to repeat the past 4 pages of "No; this is a bad idea."... I'm sure you have already reached the consensus that the players of your game do not like the idea of preventing Legendaries from being crafted after the season has ended.

I plead for a compromise. Allow people who will purchase the next Battle Pass to craft Legendaries indefinitely, and only bar the people who have not purchased it from doing so. That will give strong incentive to purchase your next pass, without creating a complete inability to acquire the Legendary items within it, after the supply on the market is fully exhausted; such as what will happen with your proposed concept.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Can we quit getting punked with every new monetization strategy attempted? We can have structural integrity, but its only on a 2000 coin cab. We can have more items after knight riders got killed off, except they don't come to faction benches and we can't craft them after the event is over. We can have cool new weapons, but they end up being **** because they come fused with the battlepasses that everybody buys.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

When the devs make such an abrupt change, without reason and in such a blatant way ... the player can only take it as an arrogant attitude ... the most ridiculous thing is that they believe that one should rush through this game (not bad game but that is more demanding is crap) ... so that we can make a profit by selling a legendary piece ... they are strangling the player ... I was thinking of buying a pack these holidays ... but this attitude ... They did it so well! And their updates were almost constant!

-The syndicate (Nice)

-Winter chaos, it had errors, they were fixed (Good)

-Spring mayhem-and updates, we were able to enjoy the game as it should be. (Very Nice)

-The ravens, putting each piece in advance helps a lot. (Very nice)

-The day of crossout (The best brawl)

... and like cherry on the cake ... a new season, which discriminates against the player who does not want to pay.

You could say "I need more money that's why we do this, thanks" But no ... bad gaijin ... (or targem?)

• Upvote 1

If you ever thought the Devs weren't try to wring every penny they could out of their players; the limited legendary production is proof to the contrary.

Horrible, just horrible.

Greedy f*cks.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Zwestman__The_He said:

Gaijin, I will only say this once, and it would be wise to heed my message. Your forums hate blueprints for a limited time. General game chat seems to hate this idea. Players generally don't like this concept and don't want it at Crossout. If you don't listen to me, you probably will, as they seem more than willing to vote with their wallets. Something to consider.

I disagree! For me it's fine ... the plans are a gift, it gives you an advantage to create pieces that are not frequent in the market ... because another player will not be able to do them if he does not play the season ... I think it's great ..

But this is an abuse !!, Now they basically ask you to be aware of the game and have the resources ready ... because it will be a unique opportunity ... I want to have my plans and create my things in peace! Abusive ... because of work sometimes I can't and I think I'll do it later ... this game despite its flaws is great ... BUT THIS ...

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Crossout is a good Free2play, but it is a matter of using the market correctly, but when you limit the creation of an item, this, obviously, due to the demand of players who can acquire it, becomes practically ... unattainable, for new players or poor, forcing the player to buy the packs ... or the battle pass.

What would ivy XO devs say? >: u

Yvy: Give money to the Russians, or I'll die :)

Edited by Petr0_Sanchez
  • Upvote 1

A good portion of the battle pass, and I would argue the better part of it, is completely free. To me, the structure parts have been the best parts. The cabs and guns aren't that important to me, but they are nice.

Listening to folks complain about this update (that hasn't even been released yet) and knowing they already have phat inventories of high-tech, top-shelf goodies is a little hard for me. I really want to be a jerk about it, but I'm trying not to. They hate it when I do that. So I won't...probably.

I will say that I have noticed that this game is the only entity I've known that can give away free stuff and make people hate them as they do it. It happens a lot, though. This was predictable. You're a tough crowd.

• Confused 5
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Unless they plan on going through another Nest fiasco, considering how well the game is running presently, I don't see a lot of merit in the idea that adding more stuff to this game is going to be it's death knell. I think that's pretty melodramatic. So everybody can't have everything. So what? The idea that it will break this game is absurd, and in two months from now, or a year from now, I won't bother telling you, I told you so. Maybe.

I'm supposed to believe that the same people who made this game I'm playing right now, will just break it accidentally out of stupidity and greed. That's a little far fetched, IMO. If greed is such a controlling factor with these developers how is there so much free stuff? There's tons of it, but who cares? When they release this Battle Pass, it comes with heaps of freebies. Anybody can have it, on top of the game being free to play in the first place. I'm supposed to believe new guys will hate that? Nobody will want to play this game any more? It's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while, and so many people are all in with the hate. Ironically these same people  have all kinds of stuff already. A lot of that free, too.

I'll just tell you what some of you guys tell me when I 817CH about the game being difficult: Just get an Argus, or build a Speed King. Slap a Spark on it.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

So feel free to craft more new legendary parts “in advance”. In the future, you will most likely be able to sell them on the in-game market and earn additional profit!

I am deeply against, you want to steal the money of our children,

who can play your game if it is not an adult with a job,

I wish you the ruin without a name, it is disgusting for the young people,

you are crooks and I wish your bankruptcy up to the way you want to steal from us,

no respect for you

-S.O.B

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Battle pass was the best offer so far for new players, if u go live with this legendary exclusive items it will surely loose its appeal... Asking people to invest while we all already know the "nerf policy" about new items ingame is pretty unfair !

And btw market is so locked because of corridors it will be hard to do real profits... market is so dead, at least 25% of ingame items are simply offerless !

And for once, 4 pages of comments should show you something, please listen...
Best Regards,

Edited by TOORIKU
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 6

19 hours ago, untinman said:

Time limited upgrade event, battle pass recipes are already more than enough exclusive stuffs.
Please do not introduce more exclusive elements into the game.

I can understand a time limited event being a short window to acquire some things/items.
I however don't understand the removal of an unlocked bp when the event is over.
      Only way it makes sense is if they have a plan to acquire the bps in another event, or a reaccuring event along with the Engineer badge unlock of parts. ( I honestly think that this idea is a good one, though possibly executed poorly.)
One more thing, Exclusivity generally breeds contempt.

17 hours ago, Papa_Legba28@psn said:

Stop worrying too much guys . When is the last time you crafted an anhihillator or an assembler or a yokozuna ?

I am unable to tell if you are being sarcastic or actually mean this.

14 hours ago, Sasherz said:

I was about to say sure I give them 35 bucks (or whatever it gonna cost)  for the elite battle pass, but now with this limited time legendarie trash idea they have, I doubt I even give them 10 for the basic one.

if you want new people to join the game and make people stay, dont xxxx people over and over again doing bullcrap like this, its bad enough with the founders and syndicate, people joining today cant craft the parts and need to waste engeneer badges to unlock theyr parts

I missed out with the Founders, but I have been slowly getting those parts etc through the Engineer badges unlock. I don't see this as a problem honestly, though as stated above, it may be executed poorly. This same idea could be used to unlock blueprints of modules, engines, wheels, and weapons as well. 

Having only recently joined the game I am still going through and learning mechanics, strategies, and the market economy. 
I can tell that there are some ....rather odd decisions made by the devs regarding all of these points.

8 hours ago, WolfyVonHowlin said:

I like the first ideal, making the resource awards be a higher amount

Patrol/basic scrap mode have up to 50 scrap awarded the scrap mode above that have up to 100 to 150 scrap cap award, the wire pvp mode wire award could be up to 50 to 75 wires per match and same with the battery pvp mode. Now for the raids Easy raid awards should be around 200 copper and 50 coupons Normal raids should only award plastics and coupons 100 plastics and 75 coupons and hard raids should only have electronics and coupons, 50 electronics and 100 coupons, plus all those temp parts you get from crates should be able to be salvage for resources! While on resources and how much it takes to do stuff, lets talk about the co drivers!

Co-drivers use way too much resources and expensive resources to level  all of them to lvl 15 talking about thousands of gold per co-driver to fully lvl it up. How about change the lvl requirements to every 5 levels cost 25 gold, 200 coupons and 100 shell castings?! is in total each co-driver would cost 75 gold, 600 coupons and 300 castings.

While at resources why are the patches we get for doing stuff in raids/pvp etc still useless even after the reset you did with them a while back? Maybe make them tradable for resources like x amount of patches can be traded in for ex amount of resources and on the other hand use the patches to lower the cost of crafting by exchanging them for a resource = set amount?

Hashiro974/poster I am replying to may be a semi new player as when I started years ago not only did you get scrap each match but a random white part excluding a few, till they made them craftable after removing them as part of being an award

Like we get so little reward and things cost so much to do, like fusing, crafting items, I don't fuse stuff usually it cost too much and hardy a crafter as crafting 1 legendary take up 90 to 100% of my resources up, I'm not one of those people who'll sit at their computer for 8 hours plus playing this game everyday, more casual, thus why I haven't been able to buy a relic let alone craft a relic weapon, geez some of the paints in this game can cost as much as 1 or 2 legendary per paint can!

Not to mention all the maps taken out and ones that were complete but never released or released for raids then discontinued etc

It shouldn't take years to craft stuff, I'd even say increase the amount of uranium players get in CW's and lower the bar of when you get it, not saying make it common like the other resources but bit more available!

I would love to have played on a couple of the old maps, I have only seen them in old Youtube content videos, that the likes of Mr. G, Entak, and a couple others made back while those maps were still in the game. 
I am a firm believer that more maps tends to be great for a game, helps keep the "fresh & new" feeling of a game for longer.
I think many games should take a look at how the market for Warframe has been implemented and take notes. Lots of good examples on a better way to do an in-game market. Warframe is also less grindy than Crossout has so far shown itself to be. (Something else to take notes on Devs.)

Having looked at Uranium costs and how much one would get from doing CW, I am currently of the mind that doing CW is kinda pointless for new players like myself as well as new Clans. To much time is needed to grind through CW for so very little awarded Uranium. 

Seeing meta builds in games generally, to me at least, screams of imbalance and poor implementation of mechanics.
Things like spaced armor.... why is this a thing? Poor armor mechanics.
Only a handful sized amount of build strategies ( or less) that become meta, poor balance of mechanics regarding build design strategy and weapon/module imbalance.

I see a sizeable amount of things that, in my opinion need a bit of work and tweaking to bring into line.
Matchmaking itself needs work too as far as I have seen and can tell at this time.

All of this is said as a current impression of the current state of the game, having missed out on previous states of the game, and being still rather new to the game overall.

Now for responding to the below comments/posts.

2 hours ago, DocSavage said:

A good portion of the battle pass, and I would argue the better part of it, is completely free. To me, the structure parts have been the best parts. The cabs and guns aren't that important to me, but they are nice.

Listening to folks complain about this update (that hasn't even been released yet) and knowing they already have phat inventories of high-tech, top-shelf goodies is a little hard for me. I really want to be a jerk about it, but I'm trying not to. They hate it when I do that. So I won't...probably.

I will say that I have noticed that this game is the only entity I've known that can give away free stuff and make people hate them as they do it. It happens a lot, though. This was predictable. You're a tough crowd.

I can agree with all of this possibly being a bit premature in the intensity of the response, however I can not agree any further than that.

• Structural parts are not able to be crafted so of course it's "free".
  • Though it has been stated to only pertain to the upcoming BP's legendary bps, making it an exclusive timed, potentially one timed event is not really kosher in my book.
  • IF they have a plan to have an event that comes up and allows use of those unlocked bps to craft them again, perhaps I can        understand the idea they may be going for.
  • IF they do not have this planned to be available again later on, it is a rather unhealthy practice to implement.
  • However they have not clearly stated anything to clarify what exactly the long term plan or goal of this may or could be.
    and that itself could change the entire view on what they are doing and or planning to do.
30 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

Unless they plan on going through another Nest fiasco, considering how well the game is running presently, I don't see a lot of merit in the idea that adding more stuff to this game is going to be it's death knell. I think that's pretty melodramatic. So everybody can't have everything. So what? The idea that it will break this game is absurd, and in two months from now, or a year from now, I won't bother telling you, I told you so. Maybe.

I'm supposed to believe that the same people who made this game I'm playing right now, will just break it accidentally out of stupidity and greed. That's a little far fetched, IMO. If greed is such a controlling factor with these developers how is there so much free stuff? There's tons of it, but who cares? When they release this Battle Pass, it comes with heaps of freebies. Anybody can have it, on top of the game being free to play in the first place. I'm supposed to believe new guys will hate that? Nobody will want to play this game any more? It's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while, and so many people are all in with the hate. Ironically these same people  have all kinds of stuff already. A lot of that free, too.

I'll just tell you what some of you guys tell me when I 817CH about the game being difficult: Just get an Argus, or build a Speed King. Slap a Spark on it.

• I think you may be underestimating how new players, in general, will respond to seeing all the complaints by the community as a whole and the response or lack of response by the Devs, and how much that will influence their decisions regarding the game overall. 
  • I don't see many of these responses as overly dramatic, overly sarcastic, perhaps, dramatic no.
    I think that a community has the right to voice their distaste of a practice, current or yet to be implemented.

Kinda one of those moments were we will have to wait and see if further information and clarification is forthcoming. 

Now granted this all has been said while only being a few months into the game overall, having spent money for packs, the recent Syndicate BP and premium time.
I like the game, at least the idea and concept if not all of the ways it has been implemented. I wouldn't mind seeing it being improved for better quality of life changes, better implementation of mechanics, and for a happier game community overall.
      I am still reserving my right to change my opinion as my knowledge continues to grow, and as the game develops. I personally hope that they just haven't told us everything about the what's, why's, and how's of this upcoming idea of a finite crafting time for these new bps of the legendary items coming with the aforementioned BP. 

Here's to crossing our fingers and hoping we just haven't been told the full details just yet.
                         Kaiyne

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

So... nothing to occupy us this weekend huh? 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

WE WANT :

- More accessible  game content. (I have  premium subscription but it still feel like nothing, the battle rewards are  so low that it just take years for new players to access to the end game or at least middle game with epic / legendaries weapons without put credit card.

- More maps

- Server stability and compatibility with high ping/packet losses victims players.

- Weapons balance / new items to have fun with

You say you listen to your community... THEN DONT DO THE OPPOSITE or things that no one asked for. 

This is the last time i'm playing a free game. It always end like that. Unaccessible game content until you use credit card, Greedy devs,  then come back with excuses saying their were n.o.o.b.s after game died. Please tell your childrens to not play free games anymore, save their time/money !

Edited by Hashiro974
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 8

I'm always looking forward to the next updates, but this time I'm about to burst with anticipation for the upcoming Steel championship. No ****, this is simply the best event Crossout has to offer and I've been waiting for it since the end of the last one.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, davmax07 said:

, i saw someone saying that all legendary itens were going uncraftable

Yeah, someone did, but in your original post you said most people misunderstood the dev blog. Big difference. 

Anyway, we are just digressing here. I get your point, you get mine :)

9 hours ago, Sir_Stallsalot said:

I plead for a compromise. Allow people who will purchase the next Battle Pass to craft Legendaries indefinitely, and only bar the people who have not purchased it from doing so. That will give strong incentive to purchase your next pass, without creating a complete inability to acquire the Legendary items within it, after the supply on the market is fully exhausted; such as what will happen with your proposed concept.

This is not a bad idea, and I'm surprised that this wasn't the route they took originally with the BP.

Edited by PrivateBrowsing
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Crossout is a very bad company run by greedy, yellow, vampires, who want to drink the blood of our children.  They are succubus who drain our soul of happiness to feed their degenerate  night-life. They are devils who pray on our dreams and hope.

$9.99 is too much for a hamburger, fries, and small drink if I can't always eat them forever. Free refills are not enough. Your hamburgers are too chewy, and it takes too long to eat, and why do we have to pay extra for cheese?

Also, your parking-lot is too small. We need more spaces for parking.

EatMe.jpg

If you do not pay our ransom, we will tell our children your food is made of creeping insects, and your store will close forever, because nobody will want to pay $9.99 for a hamburger, fries, and small drink after we tell them it has bugs in it.

I hope your developers children are born with extra toes. FU4VR

#freecheese

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

It's been a whole day now. In the past, when similarly disturbing news popped up, there would be a lot more comments from players in the same period, perhaps over twice as much. After I posted mine, my PC and browser have been on this whole time, that's how I know no comments have been deleted. As opposed to the disappearance of some 5 pages on one occasion, with more than that still remaining in the thread. Is this a sign of a dwindling playerbase? And there are names I would expect to comment on this issue, but I don't see them. Have they already quit?

When the Kaiju was announced, it made me wonder for a moment if releasing a 11-energy weapon might be an indication of Crossout nearing its end (a weapon with ridiculous parameters the developers didn't know what to do with, so maybe they decided to drop it at the very end, cash in and pull the plug). Then another energy-hungry weapon was released, the Yongwang. The Yokozuna, the Yaoguai and the Jannabi seem to mostly be gimmick items to fill a battle pass. The Jubokko just slightly less so. But the season was put together quite well overall. And when I read the first newspost about the coming season, it felt like Crossouit had a future. Yet the announcement of restricting the crafting of the season's legendaries to its duration could be interpreted as another bad omen, even more obvious. Ultimately, I have no idea what to expect. But I can't hep but notice that a mere 4 pages of comments, instead of 8 or 12, is an alarming sight.

As @TOORIKU astutely observed:

4 hours ago, TOORIKU said:

Asking people to invest while we all already know the "nerf policy" about new items ingame is pretty unfair !

It's a regular pattern in Crossout's battle passes for there to be one OP item that many want to get their hands on, and later it's nerfed/balanced. Such was the case with the Annihilator, the Nest and the Kaiju. Will the new legendary autocannon be such an item this time? The new fixed-angle shotgun is another candicate, but it will be too cheap to craft, so maybe not. The legendary fixed-angle machinegun can't be it, because that would be downright insane.

1369445725_NewBattlePass.jpg.e1a8f7e787e
I said this about the Kaiju when only its picture was available. They called me crazy, incontinent, yet, later, I was proved right. Unfortunately.

The train cabin will have a defensive perk, so it won't cause an uproar. But it will be very popular. What if it's nerfed after the season is over? It would be very disappointing.

What is Gaijin going to do next? Is this season a last-ditch attempt at raking in bank, to cash out soon after? Or is the new restriction a part of a long-term business strategy, integrated with plans for more content down the line? Whatever transpires, the fact that the numbers of players contesting this topic aren't as great as they used to be, is itself a bleak augury for Crossout, and it surely does not boost investor confidence. Cause that's what we are now, that's what Woody called us. So, how's your confidence in this project, fellow investors? :biggrin:

And now... as if Gaijin  couldn't be more clear as to Crossout's prospects for the future:
A gift for purchasing a pack with an armoured vehicle!
1030220509_BuyRideCry004.jpg.31b75ef2205

Has the playerbase dwindled so much that we need special incentive to buy packs? In that case, who's going to invest in those season-limited legendaries? And who's going to buy them later on?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.