[Developer blog] New information about the upcoming season (part 3)

Woodyrojo

9 minutes ago, Omega616 said:

Has the playerbase dwindled so much that we need special incentive to buy packs? In that case, who's going to invest in those season-limited legendaries? And who's going to buy them later on?

i have the 50% discount on coin packs offer again...gonna let this one pass as well. 

why should i throw money their way with so much bad management in the background.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

Crossout is a very bad company run by greedy, yellow, vampires, who want to drink the blood of our children.  They are succubus who drain our soul of happiness to feed their degenerate  night-life. They are devils who pray on our dreams and hope.

$9.99 is too much for a hamburger, fries, and small drink if I can't always eat them forever. Free refills are not enough. Your hamburgers are too chewy, and it takes too long to eat, and why do we have to pay extra for cheese?

Also, your parking-lot is too small. We need more spaces for parking.

EatMe.jpg

If you do not pay our ransom, we will tell our children your food is made of creeping insects, and your store will close forever, because nobody will want to pay $9.99 for a hamburger, fries, and small drink after we tell them it has bugs in it.

I hope your developers children are born with extra toes. FU4VR

#freecheese

Wimpy Burger Finance Part 1: Gladly Hash Today, For Peer-To-Peer Tomorrow |  by The Big Stack | Medium

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Omega616 said:

They called me crazy, incontinent

they called you incontinent? 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, _sid___ said:

they called you incontinent? 

Yes. I believe that's Incontinentia Buttocks, wife of Biggus...

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Legendary parts are so hard to build....If you start a new season you want to focus on the new content...NOT compleating a legendary part you had to wait 2 to 4 months to make...and that is assuming you reguarly release new seasons.

Also the suggestion that I could prebuild my legendary and sell them for a profit later....actually makes me very angery!  Do you want players to quit over this?  This statment is increadibly out of touch with what the players want.  The 1% or less players that can build legendary parts that fast probaly don't want this either.

I hope you reconsider this....I was looking forward to building up to finally make my first legendary part ever...I really don't get why I have to wait for a season to start and then focus on the legendary part making instead of the season content.

And if your planning to release legendary bluprints that most of us will probaly get near the END of the season...your telling me they will be USELESS if I can't finish the part before the end of the season?  I guess I could just wait until next season assuming I have not quit by then!  This "Development" is not really helpfull to players nor is it new content, and I fear that if seasons are not VERY regular it could kill the game... building a top teir weapon has been made one of this games most important goals.

Here is an idea: A usefull develpment might be how brawls could earn a small amout of uranium?  So players without an active clan have a route to build legendary parts.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Voltrc said:

I was looking forward to building up to finally make my first legendary part ever

Nothing about this update is stopping you from doing that. You could do that presently if you have the resources. Making the particular legendary part offered in this Battle Pass might be difficult, but there are others.

2 hours ago, Voltrc said:

building a top tier weapon has been made one of this games most important goals.

I personally, couldn't care less, but that's just me. Because the matchmaker tempers the game and puts it all on a sliding scale, I've found no value in that other than prestige. I realize that's my own perspective, not widely shared. The only practical difference I see between rare weapons and legendary weapons are the graphics and sound effects. The actual mechanics of the game stays exactly the same; Craft, Ride Destroy. We drive around in imaginary cars and blow imaginary stuff up for prizes. The only real difference is how your avatar looks and sounds doing it, IMO. Rank in this game is an illusion, IMO. It's chasing the wind to eat it. In fact, from my perspective the higher you climb the worse this game becomes. I think the basic game mechanics begin to get wobbly the more weird weapons are introduced to the theater. I think some people actually like that, because they can exploit it.

Most of the people who are really upset by this update, and typically any topic, are the same people who have the most expensive inventories already. It makes them seem like spoiled brats, to me, since I'm having fun with considerably less, and they who have these god-like accounts are crying like infants that they can't have everything, and the world will end if they don't. I'm not saying you're that guy, but this thread is rich with it.

Some of the top shelf weapons look really cool and have some interesting firing mechanics, I'll give you that. I don't think it changes that much as far as how the game is played, nor do I find it restricts anybody's ability to have fun playing. I think that's only limited by your imagination. Sure, sometimes the balance is off and that makes things difficult, but in no way does one need Legendary items to have fun with this game. They're neat, and that's about it. They're really expensive too? Some people think there's value in that alone. I don't.

Clan Wars is a whole different ball of wax, I suppose. Still, there are other Legendary weapons.

Nobody has ever felt sorry for me that I don't have everything, so my pity for others on that front is thin, and rationing it out to people who already have so much is hard for me to do. Hearing them accuse the developers of "greed" seems rich in particular, as they seem to be in a frenzy of self absorbed gluttony while they say it.

So, you can't have everything? Big deal. Put a spark on it. Whatever.

Having said that, I do hope you get that legendary Item you are striving for (good luck), and if you get the Battle Pass, I was under the impression that you get at least one super-fusion model of whatever tech it brings to the game (cabs, guns, etc) with that. $9.99 isn't that much money.

At this point, people don't even know if what they are crying for is even that cool since the update hasn't been released. It might not even be that great...looks cool to me though. I'll be getting that pass.

I might argue that in the past the Battle Pass has been under-priced considering its content. This is a correction, bringing it's value closer to being just a good deal. The items in these battle passes typically rank as some of the most expensive on the market. Compare that to the packs.

$9.99 isn't that much.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

perhaps i can deal with the legendary items from this bp being uncraftable after its over (given that we receive the fused ones from levelling up.... right?). however all i want to know at the moment is when it starts. forgive me if ive been blind

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Kensai_Rei said:

given that we receive the fused ones from levelling up.... right?

If you get just the vanilla battle pass, the grind (provided they don't update the game mechanics and make us all miserable that way too. They might.) to earn the items isn't any more than just doing dailies. I do play a lot, so maybe that's unfair to say. But I've done my grind to the top and then hit my son's account and did his before too.

The items are usually very cool. Maybe not always my taste, but always very top shelf. It is premium content, and it is inexpensive.

There's no good reason why anybody who coughs up the roll of quarters for this pass should be disappointed. The content is in there. It's probably going to be pretty sweet this time around too. The last one was, and the one before it, too (Nest? Maybe not that one)....unless this Torque update sends the universe into a tailspin and the grind then becomes unbearable. I've seen that happen.

34 minutes ago, Kensai_Rei said:

forgive me if ive been blind

Not at all. People have a right to be concerned. The Forum is good for ranting and venting all sorts of stuff, IMO. I just think some of these cats are way over the top (been there done that, myself), and it got under my skin...so I ranted. Quite a lot I guess. That's a real WOT up there. Please don't think it was all directed at you. Nearly none of it was.

I am just endorsing the Battle Pass, that's all, and I think it's still a good deal, full of some of the coolest gaming goods on the market.

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

So for us Rookies that don't quite get it.  I hope that this is what is means. 

The Battle Pass event:   My 10 clams....  Now if this season is like the previous ones.. They offer gear, Cabins, weapons, etc...Legendary, if that happens to be in the upcoming BP.

So "ONLY" during the BP I can craft the legendary parts, and even earn the blue prints.  Once the season is over "NO More crafting legendary parts".  I get that. 

My question is:   Do we earn the regular things they offer during the event?   Cabins etc...... hence I buy BP of course...  OR do we have to craft them during the event to get them?

Edited by __Cinna__
changing the auto correct
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, __Cinna__ said:

My question is:   Do we earn the regular things they offer during the event?   Cabins etc...... hence I buy BP of course...  OR do we have to craft them during the event to get them?

Only the legendaries.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, davmax07 said:

Only the legendaries.

This does not appear to be correct. As far as I can tell from this announcement, optimally fused Legendary parts will still be awarded as usual for leveling up the pass. The only thing that is restricted to the seasonal time limit is the crafting of Legendary Items.

For instance, last time around I leveled my pass to the top and was awarded a Legendary cab. I did not craft it, and it came optimally fused. If I wanted an additional cab I would then have to craft it. It is this crafting that is now restricted. Nothing in this announcement says that the battle pass will not include legendary parts for simply leveling up, nor does it say that in order to obtain legendary parts with this new pass that you will now have to craft them too, in addition to leveling up your pass.

The main difference will be that you will be able to craft new parts of legendary rarity only while the new season is active.

What you described is very different from what the above describes. Did I miss something?

Edited by DocSavage
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Sorry to say, but unless there is a technical issue with the games code, this is a really bad idea. There is a lot to do in this game aside from religiously crafting Legendary weapons. I have a lot of ideas and they do not always center on those types of items. If this new idea becomes a standard these items will become much more difficult to obtain for players, myself aside. Their prices will balloon, and although this would be a boon for the crafter, it will skew market prices artificially. Moreover, players in Crossout, should if anything be free to craft any and all items offered in the game. It's the ethos of Crossout to be free to be creative and manage and obtain resources. On the one hand it'll make coin but at the cost of way more expensive resources and recipe items. Some will benefit greatly but I think a lot of players will be very unhappy with this loss of control over their accounts. Not able to even have a blueprint to be able to decide when you would like to make a decision on crafting an item to me makes the game less fun...

Like Doc said above the Battle Pass itself will remain the same as far as what players can obtain, except I can't get myself to accept that as a player I'm disallowed from having a Legendary blueprint and crafting from it when either I can or I want. More options make this game better.

Edited by Killion454
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, __Cinna__ said:

What davmax07 said about you being required to craft items as opposed to simply earning them through leveling up your pass does not appear to be correct. Nothing in this announcement states that. It says that only the crafting of these items faces a seasonal time restriction. Typically I have earned my legendary items simply by leveling up the pass, then immediately after, at the next level the Blue-Print to craft them becomes available. It is only the crafting of this item that is limited to the season. The rest of the parameters are essentially the same.

See below....

Edited by DocSavage
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/3/2021 at 3:57 AM, Woodyrojo said:

Changes in the production of legendary parts from the new season

We would like to note once again that the change described below applies only to the parts of the legendary rarity and only from the future season. The parts that are already in the game will not be affected.

In the new season, you will still be able to open recipes for the production of new parts, regardless of whether you have purchased a battle pass or play without it. The main difference will be that you will be able to craft new parts of legendary rarity only while the new season is active.

This means that until the season is over, you can craft as many new parts of legendary rarity as you like. But when it is completed, the recipes for the production of these parts will become unavailable. Already crafted parts can be bought or sold on the market without any problem — this will remain unchanged.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

This does not appear to be correct. As far as I can tell from this announcement, optimally fused Legendary parts will still be awarded as usual for leveling up the pass. The only thing that is restricted to the seasonal time limit is the crafting of Legendary Items.

For instance, last time around I leveled my pass to the top and was awarded a Legendary cab. I did not craft it, and it came optimally fused. If I wanted an additional cab I would then have to craft it. It is this crafting that is now restricted. Nothing in this announcement says that the battle pass will not include legendary parts for simply leveling up, nor does it say that in order to obtain legendary parts with this new pass that you will now have to craft them too, in addition to leveling up your pass.

The main difference will be that you will be able to craft new parts of legendary rarity only while the new season is active.

What you described is very different from what the above describes. Did I miss something?

that was literally what i meant, but i was too lazy to elaborate  it :016:

• Upvote 1

Well? You going to roll back these BP changes RE: Crafting, or you going to -really- tick a bunch of us off?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, davmax07 said:

that was literally what i meant, but i was too lazy to elaborate  it 

What you told him was the exact opposite of the correct answer, and exactly what he didn't want to hear...dude...I hope he replies back. Poor guy. This Battle Pass already has kids so rattled they're ready to go all Nerd Lives Matter and start a riot....man, bro.

Still, I can't stop laughing. That's some funny 5H17, right there.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Crimson_Widow said:

Well? You going to roll back these BP changes RE: Crafting, or you going to -really- tick a bunch of us off?

I don't think they'll roll it back. I actually think it's part of a wider plan, and they would have to ditch those future plans too. I think this is just a stage, a step in another direction.

I think they'll try to make nice with more free stuff...or they'll change something else that ticks people off so bad they won't remember this F427 in the elevator. I hope the Torque thing works.

I could never do customer service. I always hated the public. I'm so glad I don't have to be the one to confront this issue, "Happy Birthday, Crossout...and F-U from the community, we hate your Battle Pass!"

It's pretty anticlimactic, but I didn't do it...not this time. It was some other kids.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DocSavage said:

I might argue that in the past the Battle Pass has been under-priced considering its content. This is a correction, bringing it's value closer to being just a good deal. The items in these battle passes typically rank as some of the most expensive on the market. Compare that to the packs.

$9.99 isn't that much.

I would agree the battle pass is a great value...but you do have to actually play a lot to get any value out of it...unlike the other packs were you get everything up front.  And I like "earning" things through a battle pass for extra value...even though they have nerfed the heck out of the Nest and Kiaju at the season end.  Maybe they should stop doing that....they are diluting the value of the season pass...and ruining what were some great creative weapons.  It is the only reason I still play, but yes I am also ticked about the pattern of hard nerfs at the end of season.  Sure the developers should make money on the game.  Still it is a bad idea to burn free to play players...sure they don't directly make you any money...unless they pull in other new players.

I have played for the last year and I have bought both of the 2 battle passes I could get when they were offered.  But if I want to make a legendary part...maybe I SHOULD NOT buy the battle pass and just focus on a legendary part...or just buy it outright from the market...but not rolling enough coin yet to easily do that.  I can't belive they would set it up so that you might have to choose between a legendary and their brand new content...bad mistake.

And you forgot I did say I could just wait until the next season pass...If I did not quit the game first.  And that is a real possibility because I have no reason to belive they will ever do another season pass anytime soon.  I have seen many games die this way.   Legendary parts...the games top level weapons MUST be avalable to all players (after some effort) at all times...and not just when the developers feel like releasing a new season.  You can get some players to make some short term purchases to get some quick advantage, but long term you lose your new players when they see the weapons are not even craftable...and saying they can make them at some future unannounced unknown date is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

We ALREADY have to slowly build up reputation with 4 or 5 tribes to be able to assemble the needed parts, so no one build a legendary has not had to earn it.  And the lack of a good way to get uranium to build legendarys without several freinds to form a clan was the major weak point I could see in this game, and is probaly what has been holding it back.  Brawls should earn uranium...stop locking out individual players.  Adding seasons to the mix gets a bit ridicoulous.  We already had to do a lot to get even close to this point....at least it was very clearly defined what was needed...stop messing with it!  Making it unclear when we can even build legendaries is a massive mistake...don't expect me to sit around waiting.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Voltrc said:

Maybe they should stop doing that....they are diluting the value of the season pass...and ruining what were some great creative weapons.  It is the only reason I still play, but yes I am also ticked about the pattern of hard nerfs at the end of season.  Sure the developers should make money on the game.  Still it is a bad idea to burn free to play players...sure they don't directly make you any money...unless they pull in other new players.

The Nest probably shouldn't have been nerfed to death, but it was OP. IMO. Still, I have to agree it shouldn't have been destroyed completely after people did pay for it. Why bother developing it? Mine was useless by the time I earned it, and I scrapped it as a result.

I think F2P players do a lot for the game. They help to populate the landscape, and without them the queues would be terrible. Plus, this game doesn't give anything away exactly. It's hard out here for a pimp, when he tryin' to get his money for the rent. You have to earn most of it the hard way, and the grind...

1 hour ago, Voltrc said:

I can't belive they would set it up so that you might have to choose between a legendary and their brand new content...bad mistake

I really don't know what this means, and I think you may have misunderstood the announcement.

1 hour ago, Voltrc said:

Legendary parts...the games top level weapons MUST be avalable to all players (after some effort) at all times...and not just when the developers feel like releasing a new season.

There are always Legendary parts available for purchase or to craft, but the ones specifically in this pass will only be available during the event for crafting. They aren't taking anything out of the game. They are adding some things as a temporary offer...for free.

I don't know why people keep saying they won't be able to craft Legendary weapons. Only the ones in the seasonal event will be on a leash. Nothing else changes. Some things are being added to the game, available to all for free, temporarily if you want to craft them. If you don't, there are other Legendarily weapons you can craft anytime, or buy in a pack, or whatever.

I get it if people don't like the exclusivity of the temporary offer...sort of. It's free, so actually, I really don't understand the outrage. People don't like the way they give stuff away? I think that's odd, and maybe over-reaching, and ungrateful, but probably some of you have misunderstood the announcement.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Whole legendary crap is just trash aimed vs F2P players. BP goers get their free fuzed items and its not problem to craft another legendary in that time for functional build. Soviet developers think that everyone have to buy BP , thats something what they have installed in their head since they born there and cannot grasp how pyramid social structures work, so they trying to build F2P game without F2P players. You can see that crap since begining when things got nerfed or removed (badge implementation, old badge -> resource rates, box removes, now this legendary crap). And forgeting that you need them for that lower level of pyramid so the game feel actualy alive and not dead. Results are already visible in massive wait times, unability to play cws on some regions, massive latency since ppl have to play on different continents, your offline friendlist or genchat silence...

I hope they implement it since its funny to see how they killing their own project, as they will come with more and more monstrosities over time to milk last those white knights supporting them :D

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I don't know why people keep saying they won't be able to craft Legendary weapons. Only the ones in the seasonal event will be on a leash. Nothing else changes. Some things are being added to the game, available to all for free, temporarily if you want to craft them. If you don't, there are other Legendarily weapons you can craft anytime, or buy in a pack, or whatever.

Ok well I don't know for sure why everyone was confused, but I can tell you why I was confused.

I reread the anouncment....on one line they say legendary parts, the next line it says "only from the future season"

So when I read it the first time I thought they were saying ALL legendary parts won't be avalable after the future season.  But the whole sentense is in fact saying the legendary parts from the future season will not be avalable after the season ends.

So maybe not as bad as I thought, still leaves some questions like:

Is this a legendary you might want to mount three on your vehicle?  Then it might be a problem making two more on top of the 1 free one they give you.  (I assume they will give battle pass buyers 1 free one...not bad if this is case)  And forget about making 6 so you can fuse them to get 2 fused legendaries!  It will be rather anoying to fight someone with 3 (who bought two more) when you can only afford 1, and might NEVER be able to build more.  (They might come back with the Ravens?)  REALLY not a fan of never being able to get a weapon after season ends.  Espesally if it turns out to be some OP monster they never nerf.

So it could also be worse than I thought, depending on how OP the weapons are.  Super rare weapons are ok until you have no real way to earn them, and the other player starts beating you up with them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DocSavage said:

There are always Legendary parts available for purchase or to craft, but the ones specifically in this pass will only be available during the event for crafting. They aren't taking anything out of the game. They are adding some things as a temporary offer...for free.

I get it if people don't like the exclusivity of the temporary offer...sort of. It's free, so actually, I really don't understand the outrage. People don't like the way they give stuff away? I think that's odd, and maybe over-reaching, and ungrateful, but probably some of you have misunderstood the announcement.

Examine this from the perspective of a new player coming into the game a year after this event ends. By this time the legendary items from this season are of course no longer craftable, thus the amount of them in the game will only decrease going forward, as a result of both the wealthy hoarding them and fusions consuming them. What happens to the price of something that not only has a limited supply, but that supply is constantly decreasing? Remember that the only supply available to new players going forward is that which was crafted during the event, as the fused versions given out for the battlepass are not tradable.

The price of course inflates out of control, even more so if the legendary in question turns out to be part of a new meta. Now imagine a f2p player or one who only has a small amount of money to spend. And that player wants to one day play a build using that legendary item. Of course it'll take a lot of grinding but previous legendary items haven't inflated significantly due to there always being a moderate supply of new items produced by blueprint holders. Except the legendary item from this season cannot be produced. What's there is all that will ever be there, and as time goes on there will be less and less. So the price of any remaining on the market will inflate to levels that require crazy amounts of money to buy, and forever be unattainable in the eyes of the players aforementioned.

And this problem will only be compounded if the item turns out to be OP, or even just good, because now the devs will have to contend with either nerfing it into irrelevance or seeing game balance go out the window as there is a population with this item and a population that can never attain it.

What does that mean for the future of the game? It means one that is nonviable going forward, and that's the problem I believe most of us here find to be unacceptable. A game that will screw over its future players in exchange for making a quick buck in the present is a game that has no future.

Edited by Felkyrja
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.