[Developer blog] New information about the upcoming season (part 3)

Woodyrojo

Maybe they'll put uncraftables legendary parts in purchasable packs

ISS_2clymb3OnA6-0hUHyLLtgqFqzjRhUbpauVYo

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Felkyrja said:

Examine this from the perspective of a new player coming

New players aren't crafting legendary weapons. Just stop.

It's free stuff. You'll be OK. I don't even have any Legendary weapons myself. Not one. I'm fine. It's not nearly as big of a deal as some of you kids are making it. It's free stuff. How have you people found a way to be so angry over getting free stuff? I'm scratching you people off my Christmas list, that's for sure. I'll have no part of that. No, sir.

I'll be getting the Battle pass. I will enjoy it myself. You people can watch from your angry chair and throw popcorn at me. I'll post pictures.

you-gonna-eat-your-tots.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DocSavage said:

It's free stuff. You'll be OK. I don't even have any Legendary weapons myself. Not one. I'm fine. It's not nearly as big of a deal as some of you kids are making it. It's free stuff. How have you people found a way to be so angry over getting free stuff? I'm scratching you people off my Christmas list, that's for sure. I'll have no part of that. No, sir.

I'll be getting the Battle pass. I will enjoy it myself. You people can watch from your angry chair and throw popcorn at me. I'll post pictures.

Bro , with more post in this topic than all other ppl combined you are definitely fine xD. We can see it.

display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e789

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MaduS said:

Bro , with more post in this topic than all other ppl combined

That's not even a clever straw-man argument. It's more like a stick figure.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

what free stuff are we getting by no longer being able to craft new legendries?

• Confused 1

Hey Doc S,

I understand where you are coming from.  I get this from battle pass:1112948651_blackcar.jpg.00e4165c5e5c6b22

But All I can craft is this:72051273_myweapon.jpg.06610ac15a0721b8d0

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/3/2021 at 6:57 AM, Woodyrojo said:

So feel free to craft more new legendary parts “in advance”. In the future, you will most likely be able to sell them on the in-game market and earn additional profit!

Bruv, they know that those legendaries will be dirty expensive after the battlepass ends. This makes no sense, why force us to craft LEGENDARIES in a limited time and just remove the crafting option. So even if you buy the battlepass you can't craft the items after it ends, why would people buy it then? Just to get the fused legendary cabin and 1 fused frontal machine gun? Cause only legendaries and relics are really hard to fuse.

I can't see this as a good thing to the playerbase, it literally sounds like a way to make players buy coins. I was sad for the people who didn't get the chance to play the last battlepasses, saying to them in genchat that they can't craft the old items is rough, but this is way worse.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

12 hours ago, DocSavage said:

And they are not paying "relic price" for those legendaries if this thing really goes on.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, DocSavage said:

1. And they won't, because they'll quit once they see their prices (which is the only point of this change - make legendaries expensive so that people who can't afford to spend 12 hours a day to grind will buy coin packs). Way to kill the game.
2. How is it "free"? Also - if you have to say it twice, it looks like you have to convince yourself to it. And nobody cares that "you're fine", that is not how discussion goes. 
Bonus points for using "strawman argument" while making ad hominems yourself ("kids", "you're just angry"). Lack of self awareness on your side is quite strong.

The legendary recipe change is horrible, and it is yet another change that kills-off new player influx. The game is already small, playing with the same people game after game is not uncommon. 

Lets be honest - the only point of this change is to increase legendary prices, so that people who can't afford to grind for them are either forced to buy them while BP is on, or buy them from the market for inflated prices (due to their limited availability). And given that these people don't play much, they'll buy packs/coins to get those parts!..
Except that won't happen. What will happen is that even more people will bounce back from the game and rain it with negative reviews and peer-to-peer opinions. It already has image of pay-to-win mess (that it isn't, or at least not as much as other games), making it worse is shooting yourself in the foot. 

This game needs good press and image changes for more free-to-play, no xxxx game. 
For reference, a short list of games that use different business models:
1. Completely free to play, no gameplay elements can be bought, just cosmetics (you can love them or hate them, but they are successful):
- Apex Legends
- League of Legends
- TF2
- Fortnite
2. Games that have (had) gameplay elements that can (could) be bought with real money:
- HAWKEN (anyone remember this one?)
- MechWarrior Online
- Crossout

I'll leave the part of checking which games are popular and making lots of money to you. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

On 6/3/2021 at 9:50 PM, DG_Kratos said:

Maybe although everyone already thinks the game is too expensive. They could spend more or... Quit? 

Yeah. Make your players think about quitting. Excellent idea on their behalf for sure.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Gaijin is an AI program because no human could be so ignorant to think they can continue nerfing a game resource

and still remain profitable. Players do not play this game because the developers are constantly nerfing free resources.

They even limit the people who PAY a monthly fee ( not me ) ... I used to be generous, but that ended when they nerfed 

porcs that cost me a lot of cash and made the game unplayable for a few months... 

Marketing for the immediate sale and ignoring all the people you screw comes back to haunt you in the end.

I dont expect the players to support this developer much longer. 

Ask any gamer and they will all agree.

SO Im not complaining without proposing a solution, it is very simple you know.
REMOVE  ALL LIMITS for players who pay your monthly extortion premium.

Here is another one, return the game back to its original intro into campaign mode then
allow players to earn white parts again for a win in PVP.

Go back to safe league in clan wars, remove the arbiter from market.

Give us more weekly challenges for badges and STOP nerfing the trade for resources!
Return rewards for resource battles and raids

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 2:25 AM, Perqq said:

How is it "free"

On 6/6/2021 at 12:38 PM, _sid___ said:

what free stuff

Jesus H Rodriguez. :014j:

On 6/6/2021 at 1:04 PM, __Cinna__ said:

But All I can craft is this:

This is like bragging about having only one testicle.

I'm sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/3/2021 at 3:57 AM, Woodyrojo said:

This means that until the season is over, you can craft as many new parts of legendary rarity as you like. But when it is completed, the recipes for the production of these parts will become unavailable.

This is one of the many reasons I hate this game. It's so fun to play, but also absurdly expensive. It would be more profitable to invest in making your own version of this game to play. I would love to have a game like this that ISN'T built to upset, enrage, or even break the hearts of its players just to make money. Honestly I would make my own version, if I had any knowledge of how to do it. I've even got a lot of concepts down such as giving a material bonus to players that have paid for less than a certain amount of money.

Please don't make this game worse than it is. Seriously.

Add some actually viable parts that DON'T require payment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:25 AM, Perqq said:

- HAWKEN (anyone remember this one?)

You make my heart bleeding, I played it till the last day...
RIP Hawken.

(and upvoted post.)

You dont need to be a 200 IQ guy to understand that crossout is a game for rich peoples. They see people buying relics with just real money, why they would stop when they get so much profit. It's mostly about who got the more money to show off their fused 50k+ coins build.

Who never spent any money into crossout here ? No one, probably. insanely expensive game. That's how free games works : Make a game that sound nice to play, then  Give a terribly limited experience/low battle rewards earning to force the player use credit card. And it work flawlessly.

Sad reality. While others most played games do only cosmetics to get money, and raise to give for charity.

Edited by Hashiro974
  • Confused 2

On 6/7/2021 at 3:32 PM, Secarious said:

Yeah. Make your players think about quitting. Excellent idea on their behalf for sure.

They have been doing that for a while now... With more success recently.

3 hours ago, Hashiro974 said:

Sad reality. While others most played games do only cosmetics to get money

Such a game, that makes it's money from cosmetics only, can actually make MORE money than one that cuts the player choices and gameplay unless they pay.
Simply because more people will play. Many more. And the more people, more the customers.
Not to mention, your players are your best marketing system. The more you have, the more of their friends will join. 

1. Here is what a player who plays a game that only has cosmetics for sale and devs that don't lie and actually listen to players, sais to his friend:
'Hey give this game a try. I love it! It's free and you can play it fully. It's fair and fun, and the devs do good work. A good time investment. and if you get to really enjoy it for a while, you will probably buy a few cosmetics, but why not'.

2. Here is what a Crossout player 'A' tells his friend:
'I dunno man. I am playing less and less, and sure you can try it, but the devs keep braking promises, they keep buffing the meta indirectly and braking the balance worse each change, promote overpriced packs, and make really bad moves. It can be fun for a game or two, but the resource grind requires PVE more and more as they nerf the gain, where you'll probably shoot yourself after 3 raids. I dunno, try or not, I don't care'

3. Here is what a Crossout player 'B' tells his friend:
'Hey, you got any new games I could play (NOT Crossout)'

Edited by MrSplatter
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Yeah that's exactly what happen, i'm have told my friends hey come play crossout with me, they come and then see how game is so expensive, PVE is boring and non rewarding enough. And the explorating mode ! OMG...  The most boring thing to do when u need to craft a weapon that require engraved casings. I crafted 2 IMP, and said to myself i'm NEVER doing this again. It took a whole day non stop to farm 300 bullet casings with premium. You have to leave/rejoin over and over until you see a lobby with the green activity group. Rest is xxxx loot on map that get you mostly 1 of a type of ressource, sometimes 3, same on vehicles destroyed, complete waste of time.

At the end my friends left because they dont have enough money to spend on this game. And me i'm still there, spending money, while knowing it's a trap. Why ? Because i know devs are doing wrong, and that the game will die soon. And i dont have time to farm endless, so i just buy things and profit the little time the game is still alive because i like the gameplay itself.

Edited by Hashiro974
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

All this change will get down Crossout, i hope not because New Battlefield is near to caming out 

Edited by RobyRight
word
  • Confused 1

On 6/13/2021 at 8:39 AM, MrSplatter said:

Such a game, that makes it's money from cosmetics only, can actually make MORE money than one that cuts the player choices and gameplay unless they pay.
Simply because more people will play. Many more. And the more people, more the customers.
Not to mention, your players are your best marketing system. The more you have, the more of their friends will join. 

1. Here is what a player who plays a game that only has cosmetics for sale and devs that don't lie and actually listen to players, sais to his friend:
'Hey give this game a try. I love it! It's free and you can play it fully. It's fair and fun, and the devs do good work. A good time investment. and if you get to really enjoy it for a while, you will probably buy a few cosmetics, but why not'.

2. Here is what a Crossout player 'A' tells his friend:
'I dunno man. I am playing less and less, and sure you can try it, but the devs keep braking promises, they keep buffing the meta indirectly and braking the balance worse each change, promote overpriced packs, and make really bad moves. It can be fun for a game or two, but the resource grind requires PVE more and more as they nerf the gain, where you'll probably shoot yourself after 3 raids. I dunno, try or not, I don't care'

3. Here is what a Crossout player 'B' tells his friend:
'Hey, you got any new games I could play (NOT Crossout)'

I have been saying this (in different ways) for 3 years, and that is why I created the clan SCAM, join me on xbox :-)

I have tried a kickstarter campaign to build my own, because I dont really want to spend 5-25k all on 1 game.
If there is other who want to build a group and build our own version then hit me up I use VILCATIM on all platforms.
I have the ability to administrate a programming team and already spent about 3500 on my kickstarter trying to raise 20k.

It did not get funded simply because advertising wasnt good enough, I know there are many people who want

an affordable option , so why not place advertising and surveys to get ingame rewards ?

That was my plan, then wallet warriors still can buy up whatever they want without the ads.

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2021 at 6:54 PM, Sasherz said:

TRAAAAAASH!

I hope Im reading this wrong, but...

your only allowed to craft limited time items of weapons/items during this season? so again broken **** trash weapons like the kaiju when that first came out only avaiable for people who have huge inventory of resourses.

so AGAIN the newbies and people who just started last month can forget about being able to get these things, unless they use real life money.

smells like tis game is becomming more and more of a trash paywall to me.

Its defently a nice way to screw over new players.

any blueprints given this season should be permanently unlocked if people pay for the seasonpass.

Limited/exclusive weapons/items will be pricy AF, just like the kapkan, hovering around 4000 coins for a epic minelayer, IF the item is OP enough to use as meta weapon

the stupid arse person who thought of this idea should be fired.omegle ome tv

and if gaijin needs money, they should bring out buyable CK, and NOT for a limited time

Its a really amazing info thank you for share with us. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.