[Announcement] New unique features of certain engines and new legendary parts production

Woodyrojo

Wait, which engines will cost energy?

If heavies lose another one, I'll be mad I picked Reaper, not Mammoth so I could quit now

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok. I'll give you an A for giving us the ability to acquire recipes we missed. But I still have my arms folded about not being able to keep recipes you unlocked in the current season, you're just forcing people who have been here for every season to participate in these events anyway. Even though you should be rewarding them for being such dedicated players.
I also doubt those engine perks will remain that powerful, because they all sound OP, but I suppose if they're all OP then none are OP. Except for people who don't have an engine but that's likely separated (hopefully) by power score. But I'll take it for now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

How are the Russians taking in these announcements? I can't believe the players from their home country are ok with this.

This is part 3 and, as I can see, part 2 also threw the playerbase into a rage fit. So 2/3 on the unhappy players and counting (not to mention that Torque wasn't all that well received either).

Are you sure about these changes, XO team? I've not seem this much pushback over a SINGLE update ever.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, EVAN_WILLIAMS said:

Lack of reload percs heavily benefits dog/shotgun builds, 20% chasis durability huge buff for seal club hovers. This update sounds like cancer. 

If the reolad module works alongside Cheetah, expect even more cancer (droneboats galore!).

Edited by lucashc90
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, lucashc90 said:

How are the Russians taking in these announcements? I can't believe the players from their home country are ok with this.

This is part 3 and, as I can see, part 2 algo threw the playerbase into a rage fit.

So 2/3 on the unhappy players and counting.

Are you sure about these changes, XO team? I've not seem this much pushback over a SINGLE update ever.

Based off the comments on this thread it seems like no one wants this I'm sure they feel the same.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, lucashc90 said:

If the reolad module works along Cheetah, expect even more cancer (droneboats galore!).

So huge buff to all no skill builds, so awesome.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, EVAN_WILLIAMS said:

Based off the comments on this thread it seems like no one wants this I'm sure they feel the same.

6 minutes ago, EVAN_WILLIAMS said:

So huge buff to all no skill builds, so awesome.

No wonder people hated it: Crossout will feel like an entirely different game after these changes roll in: crafting restriction, movement part redesign, engine perk change, Torque being added, etc... pair that with the already in place Market Corridors and premium pack left and right.

But hey, at least they are still working on bringing Chase back, implement crush damage and redesigning the maps taken out of rotation... right?

:015_2:

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

No wonder people hated it: Crossout will feel like an entirely different game after these changes roll in

I'm almost convinced at this point that they don't want their old playerbase still around. Bad news is that with all the exploits, needless grind and payment requirements these changes will enforce, I fear there won't be a new playerbase to fill in the gaps either...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

The updated “Colossus” will definitely appeal to all fans of durable and reliable cars! Its new perk will increase the durability of all chassis mounted on the armoured vehicle by 20%.

Not only will that be a  nerf to heavy cabins because of the lack of a reload perk, it will be a buff to seal clubbers. 

Colossus is already popular with low Powerscore hover players because it can be used as armor and the 50% power bonus increases their acceleration. Increasing hover durability will make them even more powerful.

Colossus would also buff Goliath tracks, another tool that is frequently that is used by seal clubbers. 

The game's grind is already enough to make people quit the game. Seal clubbers in low to mid PS are another detriment to player retention.

Edited by CamoWraith
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

Colossus would also buff Goliath tracks, another tool that is frequently that is used by seal clubbers. 

JESUS CHRIST! I totally missed that one!

This single update will bring such massive inbalance to the game that it risks undoing everything YOU guys worked for the last 4 years.

G freaking G Devs...

Edited by lucashc90
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

Sorry, Devs. I'm not defending this one. I caught plenty of 5H17 for defending the last one.

I feel like I need a lawyer on staff to follow all the minutia and fine print in this game already. The Collosus does what to who when and if what? All these perks drive me nuts already. The sprawling architecture of this game is getting a little out of hand and will only make "balancing" this already over-complicated game even more difficult for the developers. What's next, a perk that only activates every 3rd Tuesday increasing thrust on left mounted flame throwers traveling between 30-50 kph?

The logic behind these perks is a bit impoverished too. Why would an Engine provide these kinds of advantages anyway? it seems like it's more of a module's neck of the woods to me.

How about better horns, more maps, or fix the lights on the cabs or something, instead of adding more broken features that will cause more spiraling and compounding issues for developers in the present and future? That would be nice.

Nobody was hoping for this, that's for sure. And, if it's part of a wider plan it might help the community understand why you are doing stuff like this, if you just tell us what it is. Otherwise it looks like you people are maybe a little disconnected from your own game, rather clueless as to what is and isn't good about this game. It's like you just randomly attack game features and mechanics periodically, just for something to do. While I'm sure whoever gets stuck with all the actual work of implementing these changes (God bless him) will no doubt do a good job, W(ho)TF is calling the shots, and can we get this person a wake up call?

Edited by DocSavage
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

Posted (edited)

The changes to colossus only serve to buff the hovers.

The changes to hot red are.. pointless? If that 60% becomes 100% then it is valuable, but with only 60%, people already learned to not need to reverse in the first place. 

The clarification to legendary part production does not really make it much better.
I firmly think what should  happen is they should be permanently added to a users account, and future events as you mention should give them permanently to the accounts for users that didn't get them in the season, while users that did get the blueprints previously in the season should be given something like coins instead (because coins are universally useful to all users and thus always a welcome reward).

Edited by Chaos_Rifle
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, DocSavage said:

The logic behind these perks is a bit impoverished too. Why would an Engine provide these kinds of advantages anyway? it seems like it's more of a module's neck of the woods to me.

everyone here making that same question, but everyone forgot that when the suggestion section was a thing, everyone was asking for engines to have perks unrelated to weapons...

they also asked for modules that boost weapons to replace engine perks

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 2

I really hope this isnt all there is to the changes. First up. Hot reds new perk needs to be scrapped since its a wheel build only perk. Unless it removes speed limit on legs hovers and tracks. Change it to something else please.

2nd. Colosuss and hot red better give tonnage now since their perks were the only reason they were balanced with cheetah.

3rd. Engines should be 0 energy or give heavy cabs 12 energy. Otherwise reloading weapons will be slowly pushed out of competition because all these changes seem to be targeted at buffing wedge shotguns and tink weapons. 

Please keep in mind that engines used to be a 1 energy item for mass and reload, which you now plan to make 2 energy. If you dont buff heavy cabs youll lose a lot of players with this update.

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, lucashc90 said:

JESUS CHRIST! I totally missed that one!

Someone else brought it up.

4 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

G freaking G Devs...

I was taking a break from this game, looks like the break might be a lot longer now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, davmax07 said:

everyone here making that same question, but everyone forgot that when the suggestion section was a thing, everyone was asking for engines to have perks unrelated to weapons...

they also asked for modules that boost weapons to replace engine perks

Sorry my dude, but those were not-so-popular suggestions way back when either, explaining why they didn't get much traction.

You know what players asked the most on the suggestions tab? New weapons, new game modes, new maps, smarter bots, less powerful hovers, wedge rebalance, more raid variety, less sealclubbing.

But you know, they nuked the Suggestions section for a reason: what we asked wasn't what they wanted to do it seems...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

not gona lie those are like the most braindead changes to engines i ve ever seen lol

hot red instead of being good all around engine that cost no energy now only will work with one movement part that is wheels

collosus favorizes stacking movement parts for armor instead of their intended use

opressor perk is just pointless overall its not like you will be running 80km/h mammoth or mastodon build lmao

Edited by Dante58536
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 9

Posted (edited)

Okay. I have work to do and need to calm down. Time to take a break from the forum and from the game.

Its not everyday that you see a game that has been your pride and joy for the last 4 years go to crap because of pure mismanagement and disconnection with its own playerbase.

I will come back when (or if) devs get their act together.

So long (or farewell) folks. Stay safe out there.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Oh they are sure. They are 100% sure. 
They keep repeating the same 'mistakes' time after time. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

If the reolad module works alongside Cheetah, expect even more cancer (droneboats galore!).

oh good gawd, might as well run with omnibox to then for that extra extra reload of drone cancer.

2 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

you know that never gonna happen, devs dont play the game themself so they dont know sh*t what the game needs and dont need.

Edited by Sasherz
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, lucashc90 said:

One of my favorite forum users is gone now... I'm sad about this.

Lucas was one of the most loyal forum users, but even he has his limits.

The same can be said for Gromek 2 years ago.

You know you're making terrible decisions when even your most staunch supporters leave.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

This could possibly turn out to be one of the worst Battle Passes yet, if not just for the hugely unpopular crafting changes (IDGAF), but also for the horrible grind playing the game to achieve the Battle Pass rewards will likely be when this chaos is released. I expect a mess that is not very much fun to play, and while I was unconcerned about the crafting changes, this likely will wreak havoc on the fundamentals of the game, impossible to drive around or through for everybody.

You might actually find a lot of people just taking the bypass to Narnia, or Skyrim, or wherever else this game isn't. New Vegas isn't far from where I live, already.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

38 minutes ago, EVAN_WILLIAMS said:

I checked with google tanslate about an hour ago and its about the same as here.

34 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

But hey, at least they are still working on bringing Chase back, implement crush damage and redesigning the maps taken out of rotation... right?

you forgot the change of co driver perks lol

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1