[Announcement] New unique features of certain engines and new legendary parts production

Woodyrojo

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

The updated “Colossus” will definitely appeal to all fans of durable and reliable cars Fragile Hovers! Its new perk will increase the durability of all chassis Hovers mounted on the armoured naked vehicle seal-club by 20%

There, I fixed it, so it's more direct and lucid.

I presume the Fusion feature will allow this feature to be even more grotesque?

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

I agree not to change the cheetah
But still most drones, turrents are too weak

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

colossus, golden eagle's power 50%(45%) is too much 
these power is only work when hover player try dodge bullet with their craft

Edited by TaxioN
  • Confused 7
  • Upvote 2

This change honesty sucks. I have to pull 2 energy (presumably) out of my butt to gain back what my still 1 energy draining engine gave to me in the first place. 

this hits heavies harder than any other cabin type due to having 15 max energy....

And the colossus perk with its durability is OK at best, but it only helps track build really. What is 40 on on top of the test servers 200ish hp going To do when a scorp can take out the 400ish Bigfoot in live servers?  NOTHING, that’s what. 

I propose that the colossus maintain its chassis buff, while gaining another acceleration related perk, or getting a better version of the hot red’s reverse perk considering the hot red takes ZERO energy and will be used with 16 energy wedges....  

not going to lie, the colossus seems like the worst epic engine considering it’s really passive nonchalant perk...without at stat buff...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

Now imagine scorpions build with oppressor with op rotation speed, will never miss. I'm fine with the hot red as it doesnt cost energy, but colossus i guess people wont use it that much, chassis parts is mostly the thing that get destroyed last on your vehicle.

I dont understand, on the previous news post there was so many upvotes to cancel that idea of restrict legendary production, and they are still doing it ? Doesnt matter if there is events in the future allowing to get them, the consequences will be same (and showing ur bad intentions) , and that's not what the community asked you to do...

Why is there even a forum if what we say do not matter ?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Once again... Crossout is all about less skills, more kills.

They're not earning enough money to actually push/balance the game, but they're earning enough from the same useless players who they actually bring these updates for.

That's (imo) why they're doing **** like this, basically killing the game, just don't wanna come out and say it. Cuz they were always a bunch of little xxxxx **** xxxx, and they'll stay like that forever, just with more money in their pockets.

That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know why do people who play Crossout "feel" (think) anyone cares about yours (ours) accounts etc. It's not some MASSIVE multi-player game with a shitton of players... There's 5k players in the game TOPS! And it's a dead game... There's nothing to it anymore, nothing.

It's been like that for a long time, people just don't wanna make peace with it... 

P.S.

Doesn't matter what the update is about, it's a buff to dog builds, always :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

I feel like I’m crazy because I don’t find this engine change that scary.

I’m still withholding judgement until we find out if engines still cost an energy point, and whether reload modules use an energy point.

But even if I set that aside until we know, it seems to me they’ve succeeded at changing the perks in a way that makes all epic engines useful, but now the perks are tied more to movement types than to weapon type.

Previously, I rarely had a good reason to run golden eagle or oppressor, but under the new system they both have more of a purpose, while red hot becomes more specialized. I kind of like that colossus becomes more about durability too.

Surprised that they aren’t changing cheetah’s perk, so I guess that means that the reload modules aren’t buffing drones and modules.

Not surprised that crafting of new legendaries will return during events. That was pretty obvious to me.

I’m actually looking forward to building a bunch of new rides within the new torque and engine system. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TommyGoldfish said:

So colossus will be worth 0 after this. Chassis durability buff is a really really weak perk compared to reload bonus. Maybe make the colossus 0 energy to compensate?

They are making the reload buffing hardware. No engine will effect reload from now on.

• Confused 1

Buff the seal clubbers, scatter away the new players. Lie to the old ones, and do mostly opposite of what they ask.

These are not repeating fails, it's a tactic to transfer the player base and resources to their new similar 'craft and destroy' game they announced because this one didn't live up to the expectations, while trying to squeeze a few dollars from the expensive packs before the plug.

End of (a sad) story.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

I think Brian from Family Guy represent well how I reacted about those changes (not in a good way)

Edited by Thorgall
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

There, I fixed it, so it's more direct and lucid.

People already hate hovers. Colossus buff to durability and their top speed buff will make them Broken OP.

Hover's are almost unmatched in mobility. They're ability to pivot, strafe, and ignore the ground is very useful.

They can also equip some of the most powerful weapons. They can wield weapons like Scorpion, Typhoons, and even Mammoths.

A hover player can peak out of cover, sniper someone from across the map, and quickly hide behind cover for the other player has a chance to retaliate. That is very annoying. Even if you do get close, you'll get focus fired by his friends or snared in Kapkans and melted by his Porc hover friends. 

Wanna play a low PS match with your less experienced friend? Have fun getting absolutely thrashed by 4 stack of Seal Clubber hovers.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I feel like I’m crazy because I don’t find this engine change that scary.

Meh, you're just a very chill moderate with a lot of patience and hope. A lot of us other folks are running on fumes at this point.

Even many of their highly anticipated and publicly welcomed updates have been frequently disastrous upon release. This one, that is almost universally despised on nearly every front, is bound to go over like a lead zeppelin....but you're probably right (maybe? hopefully?) it's better to be patient and let it drop before we light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wrzochu said:

Hmm

Does it mean heavy cabin's energy will be changed from 11 points to 12 points? Because now heavy cabins are punished due to lack of that 1 additional energi point compared to all other cabins

Why would these new perks punish heavy cabins any more than usual?

• Haha 1

Hot red

A new perk of this engine will make your armoured vehicle on wheels as mobile as possible: as long as the engine is not destroyed, the reverse speed of your vehicle will be 60% of its normal speed.

When I think "perk" I think "this is a good feature to desire". Why would I want only 60% reverse movement speed? Is this a typo or do the devs not know what a perk is?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, sosuke_aizen said:

Colossus

The updated “Colossus” will definitely appeal to all fans of durable and reliable cars! Its new perk will increase the durability of all chassis mounted on the armoured vehicle by 20%."

so armorless/ hollow hovers with colossus armor will be more difficult to destroy? i mean its not like its an easy task when they strafe and dodge almost everything except when surprised / flanked ( if possible, sometime, they are far away behind their mates (( sometimes, cuz hovers are mostly brave warriors )

It might encourage less armor so making them more consistent to deal with.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, LOoD said:

im a big fan for all this change if the old perk stay with it , you are not clear about this

Just a question for the Opressor , the perk come only at 80 or you will be do this gradual same like the first perk and when the speed up and down ?

Nice change for colossus  , my spider will be happy  if you don't put off the 20% reload or for sure fighting Flash dog or breaker or Porkupine flash give you one choice , uninstall .....

Actually is very hard but you will do this impossible ,If you do this , it's the end for cannon spider / tracks / whells ....  and a unfair dog buff again ...

DEVS BE MORE CLEAR PLEASE

photo-de-chat-8.jpg.6f267f47e5fbe328631e

These will be the new perks. Items don’t have multiple perks

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MrSplatter said:

new similar 'craft and destroy' game

What game is this you speak of? Is that a hypothetical assertion, or is there actually another game out? I've heard nothing of this.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Nipple_Beard___ said:

When I think "perk" I think "this is a good feature to desire". Why would I want only 60% reverse movement speed? Is this a typo or do the devs not know what a perk is?

I frequently use hot red just for the acceleration so it’s better than having an irrelevant perk.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

What game is this you speak of? Is that a hypothetical assertion, or is there actually another game out? I've heard nothing of this.

So, why have two crafting games competing with each other, and it's the same company... 

Crossout didn't work out as they wanted, but there is an open spot on the market for crafting combat games. Make a new one, make the players hate the old one, and every crafting combat lover will go to the new one.

Well guess what Gaijin. We don't trust you. 
Earning the trust of players is a process. Long, long process.... There won't be as many wallets opening up for you as there would had been if you showed respect to players.

Edited by MrSplatter
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MrSplatter said:

So, why have two crafting games competing with each other, and it's the same company... 
Crossout didn't work out as they wanted, but there is an open spot on the market for crafting combat games. Make a new one, make the players hate the old one, and every crafting combat lover will go to the new one.

It’s ok I won’t play it until it’s 100% finished… so never. Crossout is the game that made me swear off early access games. I will not play any new games until they are officially released.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MrSplatter said:

OMG! I almost suggested this an hour ago. I really did. I was going to say something smartaz about how since they seem to love hovers so much they should just create a spin-off game that takes place on the water (like "Water World" with Keven Costner), and is all hovers, boats, and submarines, and then just pack that shizz up and take it over there...too weird.

s-l300.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

If reload modules and most engines use an energy point, I guess that means that a lot of alpha damage builds will have one less module, which might actually be a nice change from current gameplay.

If you’re running a ranged reload weapon, many people will have to choose between faster reload, faster maneuvering, or defensive modules. This will be initially annoying for players used to having it all, but also means that all three approaches will be valid, which could lead to greater diversity.

There is a risk that overheating weapons and drones might gain too much of an advantage against reload weapons, but that could be solved with some damage nerfs if it becomes too much of an issue.

I remain defiantly optimistic!

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

I hate the stupid "limited crafting blueprint availability" as much as everyone else, but why is everyone so mad about the engine changes? I think the change will be for the better in the long run. The only severe issue I see here is the Colossus boosting low PS seal-clubbing hovers that already got a massive buff two months ago.

Engines should have their perks centered around mobility and introducing new reload modules into the game will hopefully let players use different engines on their vehicles and not just a selection between the best three with a single engine absolutely dominating the field when using reloading weapons. (Did you guys know there are also engines of the special rarity?)

If both engines and the new reloading modules end up using a point of energy then I sure hope heavy cabins get an extra point of energy. But either way, at least the S+M1 hovers will actually have to sacrifice something in order to be running cuckpkans.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

I hate the stupid "limited crafting blueprint availability" as much as everyone else, but why is everyone so mad about the engine changes? I think the change will be for the better in the long run. The only severe issue I see here is the Colossus boosting low PS seal-clubbing hovers that already got a massive buff two months ago.

Engines should have their perks centered around mobility and introducing new reload modules into the game will hopefully let players use different engines on their vehicles and not just a selection between the best three with a single engine absolutely dominating the field when using reloading weapons. (Did you guys know there are also engines of the special rarity?)

If both engines and the new reloading modules end up using a point of energy then I sure hope heavy cabins get an extra point of energy. But either way, at least the S+M1 hovers will actually have to sacrifice something in order to be running cuckpkans.

It didn’t even occur to me until you said it that there will finally be a good reason to run special engines in a wider variety of situations.

More silver linings!

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

The only severe issue I see here is the Colossus boosting low PS seal-clubbing hovers that already got a massive buff two months ago.

The key word is Severe. Hovers are also suppose to get a buff to 80 KPH. With the Colossus perk, they will have 198 durability...

Goliaths, another Seal clubber tool, will have 1920 durability with Colossus. 

These seal clubbers will be a severe detriment to player retention.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2