[Announcement] New unique features of certain engines and new legendary parts production

Woodyrojo

3 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I remain defiantly optimistic!

I am rooting for you, bro. I really hope you're right. I really like this game (sometimes), or at least the build-your-own rusty cars with guns part of it, and I would hate to see it crumble.

4 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

I think the change will be for the better in the long run.

I appreciate your optimism as well, and I tend to consider your input...considerably, as you demonstrate expertly crafted rigs routinely, and well crafted logic often, too. I figure you must  be one of the veteran guys who knows WTF, so I try to listen.

I hope your spirit prevails and this all works out. I do like this game.

Love lift us up where we belong...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Perks of engines

As we mentioned earlier, with the next update it is planned to change the perks of certain engines. We’d like to note that this will not affect all epic engines: “Cheetah” and “Golden eagle” will preserve their perks unchanged. How will “Hot red”, “Colossus” and “Oppressor” change?

Hot red

A new perk of this engine will make your armoured vehicle on wheels as mobile as possible: as long as the engine is not destroyed, the reverse speed of your vehicle will be 60% of its normal speed.

Colossus

The updated “Colossus” will definitely appeal to all fans of durable and reliable cars! Its new perk will increase the durability of all chassis mounted on the armoured vehicle by 20%.

Oppressor

The mechanics of the new perk for this engine will remain the same and will depend on your speed. But its effect will definitely appeal to all rotary weapons enthusiasts: at the speed of 80 km/h, the speed of weapons rotation will be increased by 100%.

Oh great, now that i upgraded my hot red and colossus u trash them.

I mean the hot red one is just... yea who thinks of this? the wasteland isnt there to run away, give me back my reload reduction!
Also i cannot remember the last time i even played wheels. Bigrams, legs, hovers - do these get their own engine then?

Colossus will make those tanky hover bricks that you created with the last hover nerf even stronger - good job, - Edit: With the reload removed all cannons get a nerf, whereas shotguns etc are not affected..

Lastly, i never used the opressor, but 80km/h seems a bit too much.

Edited by Grimgork5
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

The key word is Severe. Hovers are also suppose to get a buff to 80 KPH. With the Colossus perk, they will have 198 durability...

Ya, that's what I'm afraid of. Because I like to run art builds, the low end is where I typically dwell, and seal-clubbers are usually my biggest issue. In the past, I just learned to target hovers with my builds. I always felt like I was rescuing the Aces from exploiters, so they could enjoy the game too, and I enjoyed being useful, watching hovers squirm...and I'm so pretty.

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Now, I'm a bit worried that my gig has been cancelled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

No clue why CX Dev team like making CX so grindy and purposely make resources scarce other then to make people get frustrated and just buy over priced coin packs, examples are 150 coins 3$, 350 coins 6$, 875 coins 14$, 1650 coins 25$, 3500 coins 50$, 7500 coins 100$. So even when people buy in game funds you basically paying almost double real money for it, if you're gonna make a grindy low in game resource pay out then don't sell in game funds for double real life funds for them, it should be for an example 150 coins for 75 cents, 350 coins 1.75$, 875 coins 4.25$, 1650 coins 8.25$, 3500 coins 17.50$, 7500 coins 55$, if the coin packs were the reduce prices I posted you'd get a lot more people to buy and be incline to buy coin packs, also I think all future vehicle packs should have two options 1 with over inflated coins and one without the coins but with everything else, cause guess what a lot more people would be willing to pay 14$ for a vehicle pack instead of 30$, 50$, 70$ for the same vehicle pack! I personally think you're pushing too many dramatic changes all at once, thus why so many people are in a heat mood todays the game and Dev team! So many things you could change like co driver system, patches which are useless and increasing resource rewards, which would make most people happy instead of mad! 

Gotta realize people have breaking points and will just say enough is enough and stop playing this game like many already have and some "CX" Youtubers stop playing CX and others play other games a lot more now!

Who's is confuse with what I said lol :014j:

Edited by WolfyVonHowlin
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

I think the engine changes are fine especially if they come with the torque changes. Colossus especially has been quite an OP engine for quite some time, giving you huge boosts to acceleration and buffing the most popular weapon type in the entire game. I really like the new Hot Red perk, making it such a good fit for wheeled builds.The new Colossus perk is fine I guess although usually heavy vehicles tend to die with most of their chassis intact (because nobody's wasting their ammo shooting tracks or legs).

We plan to return access to the production of these parts as a part of in-game events.

2017 called. It want its Knechte back. You should probably swap back to the old lighting engine while you're at it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 2

Production of legendary parts of the new season

Previously, we announced that new legendary parts from the next season will only be available for production while the season is active. But this does not mean that the recipes for the production of these parts will be lost forever, and access to them will never be opened again.

We plan to return access to the production of these parts as a part of in-game events.

No, just no. if they are meant to be craftable, they should be craftable. Tbh, all parts should be craftable even the pack ones. If the parts aren't craftable, their price is significantly different as it should be. This is moneymilking mechanism. We don't need it.

What you're just saying: We don't have any other ideas for new weaponary so we need to keep it look like we're doing something. Ok, so start balance the game properly, make stuff skill dependent, improve the game mechanism if you don't know about new weapons.

Btw, will there be some melee/shotguns/lances adjustments to counter the increased amount of energy for reloading weapons and new wheels? Double Typhoon build is going to need at least 14 energy to fully work when Breaker build, which totally counters any alpha damage weapon type still need like 12 with increased efficiency of radiators...

Melee spam in lower tiers of CWs should end. There should be similar amount of wheel builds/spiders/hovers. Short range builds are overused. And new wheels, which allows you to use speed depended perks easier, will be buffed the most because of RN Seal...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

You have no idea what are you doing seriously, you make changes with only number calculations which increase your pockets.
How the community specially new players will obtain these items released all the time with all scam methods you are using...
Sit down & calculate how much time need a new player to grind at list a specific none-upgraded build. (I'm sure you know)
But also old players getting frustrated because they spend so much time obtain coins through grind, market or even pay for the game & you change there gameplay so deeply without having the option to unfuse or sell the items to get the coins back.
You do not fix the market control so the players can have stable income. You make the grind less desirable & routine, you have random raids which make players wait forever to play there favorite raid that is been less bad or timing consuming to play.
A simple example one of thousands, make raids not been random and see which are more n-joyment to play by players choice not surveys & total crap you doing, a survey cannot give you total information about the feelings each time a player have about the game, observation its the best measurement to understand what people need & comments at the same time. You just read any paranoid that gives a lot of money for the game which has no idea from a balanced & fair gameplay & you just do it without care how much will effect the gameplay for everyone.
You remove raids which gives pleasure to play (chase) and leave all the crap ones. (how many years need to pass to bring it back). Do not add more items, fix the game 6 years beta why? You never go official leading the game at this way. Its on purpose so you can bypass laws?
All the above leading to the conclusion you are a really bad develop team, which do not give a damn, & from personal view players who cares should look a bit about gaming laws & if there is anyway to do something with this as developers do not listen and using tons of scamming methods which its obvious to us, dunno maybe they think we are so dump to see it or i have no clue. The minimum about so big changes from s long beta its to have the ability to gain our money back and leave the game, I'm sure developers do not want that but laws should!

Edited by UnknowNSkiLL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m looking at my current builds, and trying to predict how much they’ll need to be changed. So far I’m not seeing many problems for me.

- I’ll probably swap out the cheetah for an oppressor on my whirl build, and that rotation speed boost will be very useful on that car.

- might have to swap out a radar detector for a reload booster on my cannon truck (or use a different generator), but I’m excited about how the increased reverse speed of red hot will help that build.

- I’ll have to add a reload booster to my yongwang build, so either I’ll get rid of the argus or change the oppressor to a red hot.

- I’m playing reload shotguns currently, and so I’ll need a reload booster in there. Will probably swap out oppressor for hot red, or maybe swap out the detector for a radar. Worst case scenario I go back to using gas gen with some builds.

- no real changes needed for my equalizer build, although I might experiment with swapping the cheetah for a red hot and putting in a third radiator.

From what I’ve seen, the torque system won’t require me to change my movement part setups, although it sounds like I might be able to add more armour to some builds without sacrificing as much speed.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Hot red

A new perk of this engine will make your armoured vehicle on wheels as mobile as possible: as long as the engine is not destroyed, the reverse speed of your vehicle will be 60% of its normal speed.

Colossus

The updated “Colossus” will definitely appeal to all fans of durable and reliable cars! Its new perk will increase the durability of all chassis mounted on the armoured vehicle by 20%.

Oppressor

The mechanics of the new perk for this engine will remain the same and will depend on your speed. But its effect will definitely appeal to all rotary weapons enthusiasts: at the speed of 80 km/h, the speed of weapons rotation will be increased by 100%.

SERIOUSLY!? WHY?! 

first off let me say that without a reload perk for the one engine in the game that has a good reload perk (colossus) every build out there that reloads will suffer majorly. cannons especially will take a huge hit from this due to them reloading so slow that they will have no defence after shooting off their shot for a long period of time unless they are fused for reload time, and even then thats only 9% less then half the colossus perk! 

at that point cannons will become practically useless in the higher tiers like mammoths, mastodons, tsunamis and typhoons. the reason im not including ones like the little boy is cause they reload pretty fast for a smaller, not legendary or higher cannon. 

colossus: what is the point of a durability buff!? what so i can last longer and get mocked longer after my weapons are shot off? common devs seriously screw this ability, keep the old one! the durability buff isnt going to do ANYTHING for the cannons that you mount on the vehicle with this motor on.

hot red: why!? my vehicle skates on ice enough as is even going at 80 km/h i still slide around like my big foots have no grip on my light chassis. i much prefer the hot red have the old perk on it rather then having it changed for more useless mobility.

opressor: useless! the punishers turn so fast itll give you whiplash! i get that other weapons dont turn that fast but you do realize that weapons are more accurate when your not racing around trying to shoot off someones guns right? 

this is an awful change. just keep the old perks!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

I like how all the comments are about the devs killing the game but still after x number of patches it´s still alive. Seems like the forum doesn´t reflect the general population ^^

Just quit it. 

Haven´t logged in to play actively since Doomsday. 

To get me back into the game the devs pretty much need to clear up there mindset. But since Doomsday none of the patches was remotely good.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

Anyone want to speculate on how much boost the reload modules will provide?

I like the idea of the special module costing no energy, but only providing as much reload buff as red hot did. But I would be really excited if the epic reloaded gave oppressor’s max reload.

If the special module costs no energy, it would make this change a lot more gentle for those who rely on red hot a lot.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Anyone want to speculate on how much boost the reload modules will provide?

I like the idea of the special module costing no energy, but only providing as much reload buff as red hot did. But I would be really excited if the epic reloaded gave oppressor’s max reload.

If the special module costs no energy, it would make this change a lot more gentle for those who rely on red hot a lot.

I have a feeling its gonna be worse than colossus, and/or slightly over red hot in reload speed.

its def gonna cost atleast 1 energy for the reload module

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Hazmat616 said:

Why would these new perks punish heavy cabins any more than usual?

heavy cabs at the most get 15 energy. they are comming out with a reload booster thatll take either 1 or 2 energy to use, couple that with the colossus and its 2 - 3 energy. so thats 12 - 13 energy left. on top of that lets add 2 cannons to that, mammoths, tsunamis, typhoons, mastodons all use 6 energy a piece so thats 12 energy. you would possibly at most have 1 energy point left making it useless to make that build cause you cant defend yourself with a kapkan, you could possibly use a doppler but its not a viable defence. on top of that taking away the ability to reload your cannons faster makes you extremely vulnerable. high tier cannons take a long time to reload and sacrificing more energy just for reload is a bad thing. some people can run 2 typhoons with a porc but even then its slow to reload. cannons will be at a huge disadvantage. i usually would run 2 cannons a colossus and a kapkan, and if theres room a doppler or something else for 1 energy. 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 = 15  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sasherz said:

I have a feeling its gonna be worse than colossus, and/or slightly over red hot in reload speed.

its def gonna cost atleast 1 energy for the reload module

Are you talking about the epic or the special module? Obviously the epic one will cost energy, but I would hope the boost would be enough to justify it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Are you talking about the epic or the special module? Obviously the epic one will cost energy, but I would hope the boost would be enough to justify it.

yeha, was talking about that, and ofc its gonna cost atleast 1 energy.

currect state red hot is 10%, colossus 20%, opressor is 30% (when top speed), so Im hoping this reload module will atleast be 25%, but knowing how gaijin screws players over, Im guessing more around at 10%-15% on that module.

and hope it can get fused for efficiancy for reloading

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hashiro974 said:

Why is there even a forum if what we say do not matter ?

The forum is important to help new players navigate the game.  Crossout is an incredibly hard game for new players, because you can make a bad build with bad components and bad weapons and suffer forever.  The game doesn't tell you what weapons and build types are bad, and how to navigate power scores.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Engine changes:

With the changes to the engine perks and the upcoming reload booster, I'm of the opinion that the engines' energy dependency should be changed to 0, as I firmly believe that the booster will require energy and you will need the energy point for it. Every point matters in that way!

Please change the engines to 0 energy and set the energy requirement of the reload booster at no higher than 1 energy point, otherwise the calculation of many builds will no longer work!

Otherwise, I think the changes to the engines are quite good. I never understood why an engine should influence a weapon anyway. Even though the Oppressor is questionable in that regard, I'm excited to see it in combination with the new epic small wheels.

Legendary blueprints:

The change to the legendary blueprints is still an incomprehensible idea. You should take a look at the market situation. Some epic parts already cost 500c and legendary parts 3000c and more. We don't even need to talk about relic parts at this point... This can't be a strategy that motivates new players to play the game for longer than a weekend...

Edited by Cherusker42
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, XiOiUS said:

update when ?

Before chase back , it's sure  :popcorn:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I was going to post a reply but the peeps literally on the first page said it all. The summary:

The aforementioned changes are bad and you should feel bad. Don't do it.

Edited by ORCA1911
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

I think the engine changes are fine especially if they come with the torque changes. Colossus especially has been quite an OP engine for quite some time, giving you huge boosts to acceleration and buffing the most popular weapon type in the entire game. I really like the new Hot Red perk, making it such a good fit for wheeled builds.The new Colossus perk is fine I guess although usually heavy vehicles tend to die with most of their chassis intact (because nobody's wasting their ammo shooting tracks or legs).

With the tonnage changes and and somewhat so with the torque changes engines are more important than now. Unless all engines are moved to costing 0 energy, that's now 2 energy that has to be devoted to getting both an engine and the old perks instead of 1. Heavy cabins only get 15 energy maximum so they have to give up either an engine, the reloading boost, or some other module/weapon if that is the case.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Crimson_Widow said:

You're also imbalancing the -only- zero energy epic engine by giving it a wheels-only perk. So wheel builds now get a free energy's worth of perk? T

This new patch is going to be very kind to wheels. 

Consider:

1. Wheels have the best weight/Torque drain/Tonnage ratio in the game by a large margin.

2. Hot Red is going to fix wheels biggest drawback of driving slowly backwards.

3. Wheels under the Torque system will hold their speed while cornering much better than they do now, and much better than Omni Wheels and Tracks.

4. Under the new Torque System, if you have a Favorite Cab with a Hot Red, you can have 2 Non-steering Hermits and 5.89 steering Hermits for at least 16,100 tonnage.  This is rounded up if you have the battlepass Hermits, you will be able to fit that 8th wheel in there for 18,300 tonnage.  This means you can lose some wheels and not worry about going over tonnage.  

Its a good time to be a Breaker fan, especially since the post said nothing about Hot Red costing energy.  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Been playing Crossout a long time and your announcement to restrict crating these legendary items only while the session is active will first make these legendary items on the market very expensive when the session ends. Making it easy for hard core players with tons of relics to get richer and the rest of us who have jobs kicked the curb as usual. Please reconsider this isn't what all your community want ! we pay for a session pack we should have access to the blueprints after as the last two factions. If you wanted to do this change you should have done it from the start.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

I really think decoupling the weapon reload perks from the engines is a good idea. Make it more consistent with other weapons like Pulse acccelerators and heat-based weapons which all use energy-draining modules. Now if you're using Colossus for the extra mass limit and torque it doesn't pressure you into using reload-based weapons.

However I do recognize the energy issues to an extent. Especially with the heavy cabins where you may have to fit another piece of possibly energy-draining module (unless the devs decide to reduce the engine energy costs to zero).

However, let's face it: Cannons are pretty much the most popular weapons in the game and one of the reasons is simply because the energy requirements for running a stacked cannon build are lower: Add a single engine that drastically boosts your acceleration AND your reload speed and you're good. With other weapon types you'll have to add a radiator or a boost module for those pulse accelerators on top of using a more specialized engine. The pulse accelerator module helped balancing Helioses.

So yeah, from balance standpoint separating the weapon reload is good. Having the reload module cost energy is IMO good. Now the only point of contention here is whether engines should use energy or not since none of them provide the same utility as radiators (except Cheetah, whose perk could also be changed and then the energy cost could be brought down to zero).

You could argue this'll buff melee builds since now the cannon builds are weaker to counter them. But that's kinda broken logic if you ask me: Melee builds counter cannon builds, not the other way around. Thus if cannon builds get weaker, it doesn't really affect melee builds per se. What it does affect are the builds cannon builds counter like MG builds, which in turn are pretty good against melees. So whip out your Reapers or the new boxed Legendary MGs and comfortably counter the melees knowing any cannon builds you come across have one piece less modules than they used to.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 4