Jump to content

[Announcement] New unique features of certain engines and new legendary parts production


Woodyrojo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I sure wish I could sit in on some of your meetings and figure out what is going through your guys' heads when you decide these kinds of things are a good idea.  Every announcement for this patch is somehow worse than the last.  I will remain optimistic that the things I like about this game will still exist after this patch, but it's growing increasingly difficult.

  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

With the tonnage changes and and somewhat so with the torque changes engines are more important than now. Unless all engines are moved to costing 0 energy, that's now 2 energy that has to be devoted to getting both an engine and the old perks instead of 1. Heavy cabins only get 15 energy maximum so they have to give up either an engine, the reloading boost, or some other module/weapon if that is the case.

I'm sure that reload module will be more than 1 energy, as well, and yes torque changes will make builds very dependent on engines which is why such narrow specific perks is weird to me.  Hopefully they are buffing all of their stats significantly to compensate for torque.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

I really think decoupling the weapon reload perks from the engines is a good idea. Make it more consistent with other weapons like Pulse acccelerators and heat-based weapons which all use energy-draining modules. Now if you're using Colossus for the extra mass limit and torque it doesn't pressure you into using reload-based weapons.

 

However I do recognize the energy issues to an extent. Especially with the heavy cabins where you may have to fit another piece of possibly energy-draining module (unless the devs decide to reduce the engine energy costs to zero).

 

However, let's face it: Cannons are pretty much the most popular weapons in the game and one of the reasons is simply because the energy requirements for running a stacked cannon build are lower: Add a single engine that drastically boosts your acceleration AND your reload speed and you're good. With other weapon types you'll have to add a radiator or a boost module for those pulse accelerators on top of using a more specialized engine. The pulse accelerator module helped balancing Helioses.

 

So yeah, from balance standpoint separating the weapon reload is good. Having the reload module cost energy is IMO good. Now the only point of contention here is whether engines should use energy or not since none of them provide the same utility as radiators (except Cheetah, whose perk could also be changed and then the energy cost could be brought down to zero).

 

You could argue this'll buff melee builds since now the cannon builds are weaker to counter them. But that's kinda broken logic if you ask me: Melee builds counter cannon builds, not the other way around. Thus if cannon builds get weaker, it doesn't really affect melee builds per se. What it does affect are the builds cannon builds counter like MG builds, which in turn are pretty good against melees. So whip out your Reapers or the new boxed Legendary MGs and comfortably counter the melees knowing any cannon builds you come across have one piece less modules than they used to.

I've been thinking about it and changed my mind... engines should keep the 1 point energy drain. Build types, other than reload based weapon, have had to use modules to maximize output; why not reload based?

A heavy cab with shotties has to run 1 less radiator if they want to run argus or verifier. We've all gotten by with those. Only now, reload based builds will have to choose whether to have kapcan or faster reload... to expect both is ridiculous. Even helios users have to choose between aegis or reload module... module has become better choice.

To expect a ton of armor, faster reload, and kapcan is just childish as cannon builds have a ton of advantages. This adds balance... there will have to be a trade-off. 

All that said, I'm happy with the changes and believe that engines should still require 1 point of energy... except hot red.

Edited by IHugMachine
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Comment after comment after comment no one is happy about this changes and not a single reply am I surprised, hell no.. :crab: b l y a t! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

So yeah, from balance standpoint separating the weapon reload is good. Having the reload module cost energy is IMO good. Now the only point of contention here is whether engines should use energy or not since none of them provide the same utility as radiators (except Cheetah, whose perk could also be changed and then the energy cost could be brought down to zero).

At this point? 0 energy across the board for all engines. If not then increase all cabins energy by 1 or don't make the reloading module cost energy.

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Now I have a questions about this, number 1 is the energy of the engines, with the new recharge module a lot of heavy builds have to use hotred to change colossus, but there will be people ho want use this module, colossus, cannons and kapkan in a heavy cab, but the energy is 16 no 15, so the energy of the engines will be delete it? to don't nerf the use of some engines with heavy build.

And also, Hotred, it's says the 60% of the normal speed in reverse, I understand this with wheels, but some omniversal movement or movement who have same speed in both directions, like hovers, tracks, legs, grinders, onmnis will be limited the 100% speed in reverse to the 60%?, this is another reason I think is better delete the energy consumption of the engines, because there is a lot of builds who use hotred to have energy, in every movement and if limit the reverse speed to 60% and example a small track build, who goes 90 kmh in normal speed and in reverse, it will be limited the reverse to 54 kmh. 

So I want to know what will be happen in this cases and if the devs have a plan to don't break a lot of builds.

I think is a good time to delete the energy, all the engines now have a speacial and unique features and perks, so a engine like colossus will not overshadow the hotred, or other engines, cheetah, recharge with speed modules and drones, golden adds 10kmh in some limited speed movments, oppressor, will increase the rotation speed of weapons, colossus will add more durability of the build, and hotred will set in reverse the 60% of the normal speed, all the players will use all the engines for a lot of reasons.

Edited by NthlieArdGriff
An add of opinion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

I really think decoupling the weapon reload perks from the engines is a good idea. Make it more consistent with other weapons like Pulse acccelerators and heat-based weapons which all use energy-draining modules. Now if you're using Colossus for the extra mass limit and torque it doesn't pressure you into using reload-based weapons.

 

However I do recognize the energy issues to an extent. Especially with the heavy cabins where you may have to fit another piece of possibly energy-draining module (unless the devs decide to reduce the engine energy costs to zero).

 

However, let's face it: Cannons are pretty much the most popular weapons in the game and one of the reasons is simply because the energy requirements for running a stacked cannon build are lower: Add a single engine that drastically boosts your acceleration AND your reload speed and you're good. With other weapon types you'll have to add a radiator or a boost module for those pulse accelerators on top of using a more specialized engine. The pulse accelerator module helped balancing Helioses.

 

So yeah, from balance standpoint separating the weapon reload is good. Having the reload module cost energy is IMO good. Now the only point of contention here is whether engines should use energy or not since none of them provide the same utility as radiators (except Cheetah, whose perk could also be changed and then the energy cost could be brought down to zero).

 

You could argue this'll buff melee builds since now the cannon builds are weaker to counter them. But that's kinda broken logic if you ask me: Melee builds counter cannon builds, not the other way around. Thus if cannon builds get weaker, it doesn't really affect melee builds per se. What it does affect are the builds cannon builds counter like MG builds, which in turn are pretty good against melees. So whip out your Reapers or the new boxed Legendary MGs and comfortably counter the melees knowing any cannon builds you come across have one piece less modules than they used to.

On XBox, on Monday morning clan wars, the only teams playing are sweaty cannon teams (Phoons and fused Mastodons).  I hate playing against them.  Colossus is going to be absolutely mandatory for Hover teams, so only big spiders and Beholder hovers will now comfortably carry a Kapkan.  This means less camp more rush.  These are tears of joy.  

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Less camp, more rush:014:

That sounds quite nice, though rush means dogs too which i kinda dont love.

But everything reducing peekaboo is wellcome. 

  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, DarthStall said:

On XBox, on Monday morning clan wars, the only teams playing are sweaty cannon teams (Phoons and fused Mastodons).  I hate playing against them.  Colossus is going to be absolutely mandatory for Hover teams, so only big spiders and Beholder hovers will now comfortably carry a Kapkan.  This means less camp more rush.  These are tears of joy.  

Sounds like an undeniable skill issue 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like we’ll be seeing a lot less kapkan spamming after the change.

Definitely not mad about that!

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

What will happen to the energy consumption of engines?

Will we have to spend an extra point for the 20% reload bonus module?

I very much prefer engines not consuming energy as it makes no sense. Remove the perks of epic engines and increase ps to balance.

If i want the 20% reload i can install the module for 1 point of energy.

This update as its presented now looks like a cannon or reload based weapon nerf.

Edited by Funeralmachine
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These changes again reinforce a theory I've had for a while now... that I just couldn't bring myself to admit is true because of how obscene it is.

The devs don't want balance. They want Meta builds to dominate anything else. Instead of looking for the things that are over-performing and dialing them down... they look for the things that are over-performing, and instead increase their effectiveness even further. The opposite is true; they force already weak builds to become even weaker.

Their plans for the Colossus illustrate this issue perfectly. Bare-bones sideways hovers already dominate the battlefield; with competent pilots consistently one-manning whole teams day in and day out. They are a build archetype that all share a common factor; a Colossus for frontal armor and accelerating power. So what do the devs do? Make sure the Colossus benefits them even further; by increasing the durability of their relatively fragile hover-units.

Conversely; one of the weakest builds in the game; the humble cannon tank, often needs a Colossus to simply carry the weight of its own weapons while attempting to maintain a merely average amount of health/armor for the power-score in question; all with one energy less because of their heavy cabin. It also needs the Colossus to help the pitifully low DPS of cannons. So what do the devs do? Take that away from them. Now the already weak cannon-tank has to choose between having a Colossus to maintain a merely adequate amount of armor... or carry a reload module; to attempt to improve their depressingly low damage output. They can not do both because of a heavy cabin's lower amount of energy; which would require you to either carry a gas-gen, so you get insta-killed by any Incinerator because a tank is too slow to drive out of the fire in time, or the Apollo; which will inflate your power-score massively.

So there you go. The devs aren't making mistakes. They want this.
 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are we all in agreement that the problems with the changes mostly disappear if engines no longer cost energy?

Or would that make seal clubbing worse? I guess if they still cost energy, low PS colossus cannon hovers will have lower DPS, but Goliaths could still be a problem. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IHugMachine said:

I've been thinking about it and changed my mind... engines should keep the 1 point energy drain. Build types, other than reload based weapon, have had to use modules to maximize output; why not reload based?

A heavy cab with shotties has to run 1 less radiator if they want to run argus or verifier. We've all gotten by with those. Only now, reload based builds will have to choose whether to have kapcan or faster reload... to expect both is ridiculous. Even helios users have to choose between aegis or reload module... module has become better choice.

To expect a ton of armor, faster reload, and kapcan is just childish as cannon builds have a ton of advantages. This adds balance... there will have to be a trade-off. 

All that said, I'm happy with the changes and believe that engines should still require 1 point of energy... except hot red.

 Do you play the same game as anyone else?

Why not reload based? Because most reload based weapons also needs ammo...things like mgs, shotties, etc do not. Reload based weapons often needs all of that module support to be viable in higher ps, while mgs, miniguns, etc can just keep stacking rads/coolers with a cloak or argus. 

This is the exact opposite of balance.

Shotguns and dogs are already the most dominant builds in  PvP matches. Nerfing reload builds is just going to make it so much worse.  

You are also neglecting to consider what this will do to:

• Mandrakes (GL using dual drakes without any reload bonus)
• Heavy cabins with 5 energy weapons
• quad 4 energy weapon setups

 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Production of legendary parts of the new season

Previously, we announced that new legendary parts from the next season will only be available for production while the season is active. But this does not mean that the recipes for the production of these parts will be lost forever, and access to them will never be opened again.

We plan to return access to the production of these parts as a part of in-game events. This can be implemented, for example, through rewards for participating in an event. One thing is certain: in the future you will be able to get access to the production of these parts after the season ends. Also, if you haven’t had time to participate in the past seasons, the recipes of the selected parts from those seasons may also appear as rewards.

This isn't why people are angry. It was understood the recipes would be back in the next Battlepass or other events. You Devs are either clueless or deliberately obtuse. 

Greedy f*cks.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Sir_Stallsalot said:

These changes again reinforce a theory I've had for a while now... that I just couldn't bring myself to admit is true because of how obscene it is.

The devs don't want balance. They want Meta builds to dominate anything else. Instead of looking for the things that are over-performing and dialing them down... they look for the things that are over-performing, and instead increase their effectiveness even further. The opposite is true; they force already weak builds to become even weaker.

Their plans for the Colossus illustrate this issue perfectly. Bare-bones sideways hovers already dominate the battlefield; with competent pilots consistently one-manning whole teams day in and day out. They are a build archetype that all share a common factor; a Colossus for frontal armor and accelerating power. So what do the devs do? Make sure the Colossus benefits them even further; by increasing the durability of their relatively fragile hover-units.

Conversely; one of the weakest builds in the game; the humble cannon tank, often needs a Colossus to simply carry the weight of its own weapons while attempting to maintain a merely average amount of health/armor for the power-score in question; all with one energy less because of their heavy cabin. It also needs the Colossus to help the pitifully low DPS of cannons. So what do the devs do? Take that away from them. Now the already weak cannon-tank has to choose between having a Colossus to maintain a merely adequate amount of armor... or carry a reload module; to attempt to improve their depressingly low damage output. They can not do both because of a heavy cabin's lower amount of energy; which would require you to either carry a gas-gen, so you get insta-killed by any Incinerator because a tank is too slow to drive out of the fire in time, or the Apollo; which will inflate your power-score massively.

So there you go. The devs aren't making mistakes. They want this.
 

The more unbalanced the game, the less players play it. The less players playing, the less money the devs make.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dev's are idiots i doubt anyone wants this change. the game has gone to hell and theyre coming up on the end of the ride at this point

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

 Do you play the same game as anyone else?

Why not reload based? Because most reload based weapons also needs ammo...things like mgs, shotties, etc do not.

 

This is just a strange statement... ammo doesn't require energy. Radiators and argus do. This is an energy requirement conversation. 

43 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

Shotguns and dogs are already the most dominant builds in  PvP matches. Nerfing reload builds is just going to make it so much worse.  

Shotguns and dogs may be a more mindless type of game play but they are far from being a problem. 

53 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

 

You are also neglecting to consider what this will do to:

• Mandrakes (GL using dual drakes without any reload bonus)
• Heavy cabins with 5 energy weapons
• quad 4 energy weapon setups

 

Lot of damage output and stripping power from those weapons. Not to mention high damage from mandrakes. Maybe data was showing them to overperform? This might kill another bird. If that's the case... adjust. Either way... adjust. 

How did we ever function b4 the advent of the legendary generator?  

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If cannons and other reload weapons are underperforming after the change, I would not be opposed to increasing their damage and/or explosive radius.

Would anyone else have a problem with that?

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zarrurer said:

heavy cabs at the most get 15 energy. they are comming out with a reload booster thatll take either 1 or 2 energy to use, couple that with the colossus and its 2 - 3 energy. so thats 12 - 13 energy left. on top of that lets add 2 cannons to that, mammoths, tsunamis, typhoons, mastodons all use 6 energy a piece so thats 12 energy. you would possibly at most have 1 energy point left making it useless to make that build cause you cant defend yourself with a kapkan, you could possibly use a doppler but its not a viable defence. on top of that taking away the ability to reload your cannons faster makes you extremely vulnerable. high tier cannons take a long time to reload and sacrificing more energy just for reload is a bad thing. some people can run 2 typhoons with a porc but even then its slow to reload. cannons will be at a huge disadvantage. i usually would run 2 cannons a colossus and a kapkan, and if theres room a doppler or something else for 1 energy. 6 + 6 + 1 + 2 = 15  

Then perhaps cannons will all be reduced by 1 energy

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

If cannons and other reload weapons are underperforming after the change, I would not be opposed to increasing their damage and/or explosive radius.

Would anyone else have a problem with that?

Cannons are what I like to use most... so no, I wouldn't mind... but cannons have had plenty of time at the top. It's time they share some of that space.

Edited by IHugMachine
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, IHugMachine said:

Cannons are what I like to use most... so no, I wouldn't mind... but cannons have had plenty of time at the top. It's time they share some of that space.

I tend to agree, but I was trying to be kind to all the crying cannon players.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One picture (or video) worth a thousand words about what we think about the new update....

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything is fine if you are aware that in the following season they will launch separate reload modules ... in fact it is a buff

New Hot red + Recharge module.

-It does not consume energy 

-Now it will make you faster, even when backing up ... I guess now it focuses more on giving us speed ... that makes an engine.

-It does not have the recharge passive ... but it does not use energy and we will have a new recharge module ... this is great! ... unless the module uses more than 1 energy ... but I think there will be modules of different rarity and energy consumption.

Colossus:

-More resistance ... meh ...

-This motor does use 1 energy point, so we would use 2 energy together with the module (hopefully only remove 1 energy)

-Its resistance perk is very good (can you imagine this perk with the cabin "The call"?) Although the perk of the following engine would benefit him like a glove.

Opressor:

Hated by feminists, loved by me.

Well ... it no longer gives reload speed , but with the new module ... things change.

What disturbs me is whether we can move the cannon faster while progressively reaching maximum speed or if we must be at maximum speed to move the cannon quickly ... being at high speeds and firing a cannon is sooo uncomfortable ...

The only horrible thing ... is the privatization of legendary plans ... come on devs ... don't do this to us ...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, IHugMachine said:

This is just a strange statement... ammo doesn't require energy. Radiators and argus do. This is an energy requirement conversation. 

Shotguns and dogs may be a more mindless type of game play but they are far from being a problem. 

Radiators and argus might require energy, but they are not explosive so builds that do not require ammo naturally have less vulnerabilities. This is one of the tradeoffs of most reload based weapons. 

Shotties and dogs are far from being a problem? Again, are you playing the same game as the rest of us? There's a reason dogs are a  top meta and PvP matches are practically decided by whichever team has more of them.....

2 hours ago, IHugMachine said:

Lot of damage output and stripping power from those weapons. Not to mention high damage from mandrakes. Maybe data was showing them to overperform? This might kill another bird. If that's the case... adjust. Either way... adjust. 

How did we ever function b4 the advent of the legendary generator?  

Data isn't showing such a thing..

It's very evident that devs are simply not taking them into consideration when going about these changes. Mandrakes have the highest damage in the game..but also are the most difficult to use well and leave no room for module support when using 2 while a single mandrake is....well, a bit meh tbh. And then there's the quad weapon setups.....which again, are balanced by having no module support.  I don't even need to mention how much of a needless nerf it'll be for 5 energy weapons. 

Not many of those things have good stripping power either except against large weapons maybe or weapons badly placed.  Stripping power would be things like mgs, shotties and miniguns.... 

 

Unless there's a 0 energy 10% reload module to replace Hotred, this change will effectively kill off many builds. The only way to realistically adjust from something like this is....using something else. In a game that's supposed to be about having a variety of options, this is obviously a problem when options essentially gets removed.

Speaking of which, as for apollo...we functioned by having less options available...... 

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...