Why do tracks fling you everywhere the second they touch something? Inaccurate AF

Hi, why did you design the tracks to xxxx people? If my car even touched something uneven, no matter how wide or stable my build is, it grabs the tracks and flings me upside down side ways in the air all ***** up. You name it. Once it throws me off balance even like 2" it tips me over. No matter how skilled I am at operation of the vehicle, the game will xxxx me. If the game starts to flip me over and I counter measure it....nope, game is already set in its ways of xxxx you. If I go to flip for no reason and I do everything that would physically save it 100%, no game says I was programmed to xxxx you, you've outsmarted me(the game) but NOPE, STILL xxxx YOU! Ok thanks kiddos.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

When u get flung in to the air take Ur finger off the acceleration button, and don't drive again util your ride is landed flat on the ground.  It's not about holding W.  Sometimes you have to stop acceleration or tap your excelleration when using tracks at certain speeds, in order to maintain control and prevent flipping. 

Also a wide track base helps.  Like at least 8 blocks from track mount to mount point.  Or 10 or 12 blocks works too.  I'd say 10 blocks wide frame is the best. 

Also build as low as possible.  Undermount and mount between frames as much as you can.  Keeps your weight low and stops your ride from going out of control. 

It’s difficult to say what the issue is without seeing your build. Is it a tower build? Like tenshiijin said, keep your build low and wide.  Also, keep your weight centered or at least disbursed evenly. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Posted (edited)

No one else experiences this? I guess you have to hit 7,100 hours on the game to get on my level. 

Edited by DiKHed
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
14 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

When u get flung in to the air take Ur finger off the acceleration button, and don't drive again util your ride is landed flat on the ground.  It's not about holding W.  Sometimes you have to stop acceleration or tap your excelleration when using tracks at certain speeds, in order to maintain control and prevent flipping. 

Also a wide track base helps.  Like at least 8 blocks from track mount to mount point.  Or 10 or 12 blocks works too.  I'd say 10 blocks wide frame is the best. 

Also build as low as possible.  Undermount and mount between frames as much as you can.  Keeps your weight low and stops your ride from going out of control. 

No, the game is definitely ***** up

i wish I could post videos to show you

i promise all of you would be like whaaaaat the fujiuck

4 hours ago, DiKHed said:

No, the game is definitely ***** up

i wish I could post videos to show you

i promise all of you would be like whaaaaat the fujiuck

No I wouldn't.  Bro.  U just don't want to improve I guess.  I know exactly what your talking about.  Fine.  Ignore my advice.  Keep flopping around and flipping. 

Now ask yourself?  Why are so many players not having your issue?  Because they "got gud" and took building measures and driving tactics to prevent it. 

You just dont want to admit its you.  Your pride hinders your progress and performance.  Humble yourself and endeavour to improve. 

• Like 2

Ps the one thing u can't fix is hitting an ally porc wrong at top speed.  That much needs a fix from devs.  Though I haven't experienced getting flipped by an ally porc on tracks for at least many months... So maybe they fixed that issue. Idk. 

I see truth on both sides. Yes, what Tenshi recommends does work. But no, tracks don't work as one would expect them to. They're extra flippy and completely unable to drift, and that's... neither very realistic or intuitive. Building anything that actually ressembles a RL tracked vehicle in XO = failure of catastrophic proportions.

Not to mention the fact that there's NO half-track support at all, tho Hot Red might help a bit with that if the engines rework goes through.

Edited by Clebardman
21 hours ago, DiKHed said:

No one else experiences this? I guess you have to hit 7,100 hours on the game to get on my level. 

I just re-read your initial post. My mistake, I originally thought you were looking for help. I agree with you that tracks are super sketchy in this game. They have a lot of room for improvement.

I had an issue with a build that had a six space between the tracks. Skinners would roll me on my side and be able to drag me, random objects in the terrain would make me jump in the air and spin uncontrollably, and I would randomly lose control of my build when hitting top speed. 

All of this was very frustrating because the build was fun to play. I ultimately had to scrap it and go for a more unsightly build that was wider and shorter…:sad: