Raids have become really annynoing and boring

Due to how not so much people play this game, raids are rarely found at same ps as mine. I made an 6k ps build for raids, thinking i would be matched with other 6k ps player builds. Well, the matchmaking decided to always choose 9k+ builds or match me with only 1 guy. The worst part is, I need to deal 1000 damage to kill a simple AI. Once i've even been matched with 15k ps builds while i was only 9k. This is either really bad programming or the game is just dying and devs are trying to hide it... 840716472_whatthefuck.thumb.jpg.34c84b46 again.jpg.9fff4559a7ef02dd7ceaf4e3e26e7c

Well maybe, i get decent amount of resources, but it's really unsatysfying to kill "bullet sponges" over and over again.

what the fuck.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Raids have always been bad. Many of us have not played them in years.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Bigger problem on raids are right now are:

1. Overpopulated by facehuggers players with Retchers
  2. Crater ... Crater ... Crater ... Crater .... only Crater map

State of Raids have never been worst

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like that you say "have become", implying that they havent always been boring, soul draining wastes of time.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

well they have never been amazingly fun, but playing different maps with players that have different weapons was not that bad. And Raids were a good way to try new builds and new weapons. Now it is only Retchers and Crater, the mode/map that gives you more resources.

50 minutes ago, WirWho said:

Crater ... Crater ... Crater ... Crater .... only Crater map

but...but... that's all of your doing.

if you are tired of crate map why not choose a different raid?

I always try to go to my favourite maps even if that implies to wait for another hour... if i got time for it.

But yeah, raids are boring, the hard ones, forces a player to not miss a beat through out the all week if said player wants the 1000 badge reward. This means playing while you rather want to do something else...like sleep after a work day and so on.

Just to give an example 

Wednesdays, normally, are a particular long day for me at work, this week i was tired as hell and didn't want to face that boring half an hour, so, i didn't even tried to do the raids and because of that i'm 500 badges short this week

the raids become a mean to an end, so in this context.

I welcome retchers in my teams. And high PS partners

• Upvote 2

@WirWho

While I agree that the PS difference is rather annoying and the significantly higher PS is almost always indicative of dual Retcher builds and nothing else, the bit about always getting Crater seems a bit out of line since you can easily just go to one of the other five Raids going on at that time. Two thirds of them are Copper, granted, but that's besides the point since you can just sell off the Copper as needed...

Edited by I_Am_JarvisTM
Derped on making a quote and apparently can't just add one in for sme reason in an edit, so I just added an @ instead...

Raids, you either get chill people or those who will rush each spawn to steal points or will refuse to flip you just to steal points, its become real cancer, I don't go out of my way to steal but I do use retchers, havr for years but many are now sad and will.get saltu, its awful

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anarchisthistory said:

what the fuck.jpg

I understand you , because i was like this photo you show for 2 years and last update i uninstall , i told many times about this problems in raids to devs but looks like they not care in 2 years to do simple fixes , if you notice pvp have balanced powerscores  but raids nope and you forced to fight hard to keep up with your teammates that have top end cars , super unfair . 

Raids are also no fun to me, its just a daily task to get that 1000 badges. 
i hate to do them, but with premium its like a must-do job. 
to avoid the retcher and high ps problem i became what i hate, max durability retcher build, an cohord build at its weight and part limit, 3 fused coolers, 2 fused ammo packs. A big Block to be able to handle a Hard Raid solo. 

i just try to do it as fast as possible, with most points if possible, thats 95% of the times the case. I can fire almost forever with that setup. And matchmaking does the rest. Sometimes i endet up with somebody bringing 2 vectors to a raid and a jawbreaker… 

to be honest, time is money, so better be quick and get the the most rewards. And I’m somehow happy about all that 6k PS no chance guys that got sadly in my raid, they won’t get any points. 

i stopped trying out new builds and care about my mates, i would like to do the whole raid just alone to get the most reward for that waste of time. 
i lost all the fun at it, what is left is the greed for coins.

no One can tell me after 1,2 oder 3 years that he has Fun doing Raids. You know the job at some point, it’s getting more and more frustrated doing them. 
and i guess because of this people like me get ignorant and start trying to get the most out of that time at any cost.

sometimes i even push the vehicle forward to get the checkpoints quicker. i hate to see it move that slow… i hear the clock ticking.

the really need to change something here. 
i guess 99% of players aren’t doing them for fun anymore.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Crunk_Prime said:

I like that you say "have become", implying that they havent always been boring, soul draining wastes of time.

Too bad they removed "the chase" raid. While it had some issues, it was quicker than "defend this, defend that" xxxx. Raids  should be max 3 minutes long or so. Not entire 10 xxxx minutes.

• Upvote 1

33406 battles in missions

792 battles in raids. 

I despise raids.  I'm only here to smash player cars. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

On 6/27/2021 at 7:13 AM, Crunk_Prime said:

Yup...it's always been the same.

Please remove raids!(all raids… not chase which is the only one people wanted to do)  Not pvp maps… 

• Confused 1

Confused…? Let me put it this way.. raids suck and the game would be bettor if they were not part of the grind. More people would stay and play this game if they were not expected to waste hours a week in raids for resources 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, MOBwBOSS said:

Confused…? Let me put it this way.. raids suck and the game would be bettor if they were not part of the grind. More people would stay and play this game if they were not expected to waste hours a week in raids for resources 

Wasn't the grind part of the game mechanics?, i know that the grind can get annoying and frustanting, but that is how the game is, if you want something you work hard to get it, there may be shortcuts or ways to somehow mitigate these issues but the essence of the game it that you need to work for the things you want.

Edit: For me the grind, make me value the items that i get, cause i put a lot of effort into getting them, if everything was handed easily or for free, then there would be no attachment for my items, i just would see them as mere toys that can be discarded when i get bored of them,

Edited by _The_Sr_

45 minutes ago, MOBwBOSS said:

If you're spending time grinding out raids, you're not the one optimizing your time. So far today I've done an hour and a half of raids and that was getting 4 hard raids and 10 invasions done.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, _The_Sr_ said:

Wasn't the grind part of the game mechanics?, i know that the grind can get annoying and frustanting, but that is how the game is, if you want something you work hard to get it, there may be shortcuts or ways to somehow mitigate these issues but the essence of the game it that you need to work for the things you want.

Edit: For me the grind, make me value the items that i get, cause i put a lot of effort into getting them, if everything was handed easily or for free, then there would be no attachment for my items, i just would see them as mere toys that can be discarded when i get bored of them,

I’m just saying why the player base of this game is dwarfed by over a thousand different games. Most people HAVE to grind real life, and when people try to get into this game… it’s just impossible for so many. 

For this reason this game will never be as popular as it could have been, and it a shame cause this game could have been mega popular if it had a little bettor direction  

• Upvote 1

This game has a grind element. It's the basis for a lot of free games. And anyone who sees the grind as being to much shouldn't play....or pay to money to skip the grind.

In the end....we end up with less players than most games, but the ones we do have are invested in the game...either through time or money.

Players who are invested in a game will continue to play for years. While the ones not invested will be like dust in the wind.....

Also...there's a special type of gamer who is attracted to games with a grind element. They are dedicated, focused, and have a thick skin. I see games like XO as a right of passage.....where the real gamers are separated from the wanna be's.

On 6/27/2021 at 6:31 AM, Anarchisthistory said:

Due to how not so much people play this game, raids are rarely found at same ps as mine. I made an 6k ps build for raids, thinking i would be matched with other 6k ps player builds. Well, the matchmaking decided to always choose 9k+ builds or match me with only 1 guy. The worst part is, I need to deal 1000 damage to kill a simple AI. Once i've even been matched with 15k ps builds while i was only 9k. This is either really bad programming or the game is just dying and devs are trying to hide it... 840716472_whatthefuck.thumb.jpg.34c84b46 again.jpg.9fff4559a7ef02dd7ceaf4e3e26e7c

Well maybe, i get decent amount of resources, but it's really unsatysfying to kill "bullet sponges" over and over again.

what the fuck.jpg

:lol:  really, im number1 when i want to be in 9k vs 15k in raids.

its how you play,if u see 15k on ur team ,then know ur bot enemy will be 15k.

dont rush in,just wait.

but i dont i have repair kits so i just rush in and shoot everything.:lol:

1 hour ago, Kungfugrip said:

This game has a grind element. It's the basis for a lot of free games. And anyone who sees the grind as being to much shouldn't play....or pay to money to skip the grind.

And I know many players quit when they realize the extent of the grind  

I agree with your whole statement. But I believe removing the raids as such an important part of the grind would have retained many more players. 

I have over 300 friends on Xbox before I came to XO. And only one of them played crossout for more than a week. And he has bought a few packs cause he is not interested in the grind or raids especially. he doesn’t play much. He just got the bare necessity’s to run a few of my fusions with me. 

And believe me I tried to get people to come play this game. Always tell them how fun it is and there’s nothing like it. But people simply won’t even give it the time of day knowing the time it takes.  Many of them just simply hating the old free to play model. 

Edited by MOBwBOSS

11 minutes ago, MOBwBOSS said:

And I know many players quit when they realize the extent of the grind  

I agree with your whole statement. But I believe removing the raids as such an important part of the grind would have retained many more players. 

I have over 300 friends on Xbox before I came to XO. And only one of them played crossout for more than a week. And he has bought a few packs cause he is not interested in the grind or raids especially. he doesn’t play much. He just got the bare necessity’s to run a few of my fusions with me. 

And believe me I tried to get people to come play this game. Always tell them how fun it is and there’s nothing like it. But people simply won’t even give it the time of day knowing the time it takes.  Many of them just simply hating the old free to play model. 

These types of games weren't made for them. No offence to gamers looking by for instant gratification....but XO offers little if none of that type of game experience.

XO is geared towards the long haul. After months of playing you look back and realise how far youve come, how much you've learned and how much better at the game youve become...plus you can look at your various builds and inventory to see exactly how much youve progressed. 

These milestones are not daily or even weekly...it takes time to really appreciate XO. 

Not all players want to take the time.

But those who do and have taken the time..they stuck around for years. So there's something attractive about grinding to some gamers.

52 minutes ago, Kungfugrip said:

These types of games weren't made for them. No offence to gamers looking by for instant gratification....but XO offers little if none of that type of game experience.

XO is geared towards the long haul. After months of playing you look back and realise how far youve come, how much you've learned and how much better at the game youve become...plus you can look at your various builds and inventory to see exactly how much youve progressed. 

These milestones are not daily or even weekly...it takes time to really appreciate XO. 

Not all players want to take the time.

But those who do and have taken the time..they stuck around for years. So there's something attractive about grinding to some gamers.

for me it’s just the gameplay. The infinite possibility’s of creation and destruction. If there was no grind I would probably still play it all the same. 

I only mention it cause it’s such a good game  but seems to suffer from low player numbers. 

I played the same team 6-7 times in a Row last night. Would love more players. Crossplay would be priceless to the experience here also. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kungfugrip said:

In the end....we end up with less players than most games, but the ones we do have are invested in the game...either through time or money.

Players who are invested in a game will continue to play for years. While the ones not invested will be like dust in the wind.....

Also...there's a special type of gamer who is attracted to games with a grind element. They are dedicated, focused, and have a thick skin. I see games like XO as a right of passage.....where the real gamers are separated from the wanna be's.

I don't think anyone is really attracted to the grind element.  It's the creation many are here for.  Yes we have the copy and paste derpies too.  I guess those guys just like the PvP, or being wallet warriors. 

5 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

I don't think anyone is really attracted to the grind element.

Dude... I'm RIGHT HERE. Grinders are practically a staple, on top of pretty much anything with a strategy element to it, bonus points for both and also for having anything actually compelling to it... like, saayyyyyyy being a better option than WoT? Jokes and jabs aside, though, I'd be lying if I were to say that remark wasn't at all insulting...