I hope this is not intended, but just in case : Weapons attached to Machinist that gains additional durability loses its HP if cabin HP drops.

Doesn't even need images, tested with clan mates. You guys could do by yourselves as well.
I HOPE this is not a intended mechanism.

Basically, Emily, which original durability is exact 100 that is attached to 4k durability Machinist cabin would have 120 durability.
When your armor that worth around 3500 durability blow up by whatever method, Emily that attached on Machinist lose its durability to 102.5

Which implies Machinist's additional HP perk might have used same mechanism with current "armor destruction affects current cabin's durability" calculation mechanism.

That, there are possible chance if weapon that is attached to Machinist is damaged and if you lose your cabin HP with it, the weapon might lose hp along with the cabin.

If this is intended, it is probably worst cabin this game ever released.
Additional hp should not have dynamic calculation of HP, but should be one-time addition.

I hope this is a mistake and be fixed soon.

Sincerely.

Edited by Rotite
  • Upvote 2

Well this looks like kind of rookie mistake in design.

It greatly reduce whole point of perk.

• Like 2

I think it works like its supposed to - you gain perk when you have armour, if you build 4k vehicle you get 20%, if you build 2k you get 10%, if you build 4k and loose 2k you start with 20/% and end up with 10%, it seems fine to me.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, dr0zdo said:

I think it works like its supposed to - you gain perk when you have armour, if you build 4k vehicle you get 20%, if you build 2k you get 10%, if you build 4k and loose 2k you start with 20/% and end up with 10%, it seems fine to me.

The thing is, perk doesn't mention or specified that additional durability would be dynamic in perk description.
if dynamic is what they really intended, I have no refute regard to this.

But something sure is, this perk doesn't have single usefulness compare to most legendary cabs we have as a other options.

Let's compare it with Cohort, what sounds better to you: A boost that applies only to your weapons, only if they're fixed to the cabin and actually has a worsening bonus if you lose health that is not even specified you'll never know until someone tell you, or a temporary 30% damage resistance to the entire build that can also apply to other teammate's builds.

I just hope this is not a intended mechanism.

Edited by Rotite

9 minutes ago, dr0zdo said:

Look weapons just should not take damage when you dont hit them, but with that dynamic system they do. Thats not perk at all.

• Thanks 1

did you expect better? hah.

27 minutes ago, MaduS said:

Well this looks like kind of rookie mistake in design.

+10k

• Haha 1

If i knew this beforehand i wouldn't have bought the battlepass :crying:

i feel like i got scamed right now

Edited by _davekko_
  • Sad 1

You really think cabin was supposed to be free 20% from battle start to the end even if you loose armor ? of course its intended and you dont need a specification in description to suppose that it's the way it work;

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Hashiro974 said:

You really think cabin was supposed to be free 20% from battle start to the end even if you loose armor ? of course its intended and you dont need a specification in description to suppose that it's the way it work;

Hope you always get product that doesn't provide full information of how it perform or work because you could expect perfectly anything of it then, because everything is obvious.

Perk's description is important fella. Some people might get mistaken with wrong or not mentioned information and especially something like this must be described.

Edited by Rotite
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Hashiro974 said:

Ofc i do, heck most of ppl do bcs other way around everyone with atleast 90 IQ get it how bad dynamic system is. You could apply same trash mechanic to other perks and look how they would work, imagine nova shield based on amount of armor or time of cloaking based on armor... in half game those perks would lose their function... Thats just bad design.

19 hours ago, MaduS said:

Look weapons just should not take damage when you dont hit them, but with that dynamic system they do. Thats not perk at all.

They dont take damage, they loose part of perk. Its the same like with speed based perks - if you drive fast - you get it, if you slow down your perk also diminishes. Most of perks are finicky like that, you have to satisfy some conditions for it to be active, and/or its time limited, and/or it requires manual activation+reload time etc. I dont see a problem here.

19 hours ago, Rotite said:

Let's compare it with Cohort, what sounds better to you: A boost that applies only to your weapons, only if they're fixed to the cabin and actually has a worsening bonus if you lose health that is not even specified you'll never know until someone tell you, or a temporary 30% damage resistance to the entire build that can also apply to other teammate's builds.

Cohorts perk only affects the cabin(s), not the whole build. And it requires activation + cooldown, its not "free".

Machinist’s perk was already bad because the onlt guns that would actuallly need it are very low health, but the ones which actually benefit from it perform badly when mounted on the sides of the cabin...

On 6/30/2021 at 9:50 AM, dr0zdo said:

I dont see a problem here.

Its ok bro, not everyone have to understand everything. Its pretty normal that you dont see issue with that design.

On 6/30/2021 at 4:52 PM, dr0zdo said:

Cohorts perk only affects the cabin(s), not the whole build. And it requires activation + cooldown, its not "free".

Cohort's perk affect whole build, description is misleading.

Try test them.