[Developer blog] What new features are planned in the near future?

Woodyrojo

Who wanted a front mount wheel… but I’ve seen countless people want to mount hovers on front and back. 

also when is there going to be another adjustment to aim assist? 0.9 is still way to powerful. That number needs to be somewhere around 0.3 So this aim assist does not feel so much like an aim bot. gamers don’t like cheaters and it feels like XO is full of cheaters right now on Xbox. Even the people that hate it are using it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

The frontal wheels look very interesting, I already know what I'm gonna build first. I just hope the "Bigfoot" part refers to the HP and not the size of those wheels.

New rare wheels sound cool and all, but what's the point of adding new wheels when they all behave like Light Tracks? Can we get a wheel wear/grip slider so we can adjust the grip on our wheels so we can bloody drift and slide around if we wish to?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I always welcome new stuff, variety is always good but please fix what was broken, reload perks of cannons and Heavy Cabin buffs

• Upvote 6

_Kytbur_....

Why not ask for 50,000 coins, and Nerf everything you don't own.  Give everyone Premium for 3 years.  Make raids that ends in 20 seconds and you get 500 Electronics...  Hey just ask them to triple everything in your storage for fun... and while your at it, make it so that you can have every weapon, cab, wheel... etc.. in inventory...

Why not just ask them to lower all prices to 5 cents, so that you can aquire everything...  Anything else?  Did I miss something?

Freeks: I Will agree with you 1000 percent, Those kind are what we need, and no fuel cost to earn....

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, MOBwBOSS said:

Who wanted a front mount wheel… but I’ve seen countless people want to mount hovers on front and back. 

also when is there going to be another adjustment to aim assist? 0.9 is still way to powerful. That number needs to be somewhere around 0.3 So this aim assist does not feel so much like an aim bot. gamers don’t like cheaters and it feels like XO is full of cheaters right now on Xbox. Even the people that hate it are using it. 

There were a number of postings across a few threads in the idea forum about a frontal wheel.

5 minutes ago, Dirty_Hamster said:

There were a number of postings across a few threads in the idea forum about a frontal wheel.

Yes but there isn’t a sideways wheel build problem. I’m deffenetly not against the idea. I think it’s great. But I’m saying we should be able to mount hovers sideways.

Should never have to change all your controls around to compete with sideways hovers.  Just make them mount front and back. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MOBwBOSS said:

Yes but there isn’t a sideways wheel build problem. I’m deffenetly not against the idea. I think it’s great. But I’m saying we should be able to mount hovers sideways.

Should never have to change all your controls around to compete with sideways hovers.  Just make them mount front and back. 

They had issues with the front/rear mounting of hovers that they tested but that's a separate issue though I still like the idea as long as mixed movement parts are disabled. Sideways hovers issues are different but even those don't even really bother me. People just complain they are too narrow making it harder to hit them. 

Wheels like this were leaked a long time ago but never really confirmed till now.

The frontal wheel buff is contradicting what Devs said about engines, wheels should not buff weapons, Bigrams and ML200s are an exception because they make sense, they damp the motion, but energy weapon buff makes zero sense. Also energy weapons aree barely used on wheels, if ever, this is gonna be a waste of a perk, here is what I propose:

You could make it universal like -> "The faster it goes, the faster are all projectiles shot from your weapons" And suddenly the perk is awesome and players can use it creatively.

Like legit, making all projectiles fly faster with the wheel would allow players to buff a lot of weapons that are used normally on hovers and this wheel would now be a good competitor against hovers. Imagine cannons if they could buff their shell speed. I imagine this perk with weapons like pulsar or long range guns or cannons.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, RicchiWalker said:

The frontal wheel buff is contradicting what Devs said about engines, wheels should not buff weapons, Bigrams and ML200s are an exception because they make sense, they damp the motion, but energy weapon buff makes zero sense. Also energy weapons aree barely used on wheels, if ever, this is gonna be a waste of a perk, here is what I propose:

You could make it universal like -> "The faster it goes, the faster are all projectiles shot from your weapons" And suddenly the perk is awesome and players can use it creatively.

Like legit, making all projectiles fly faster with the wheel would allow players to buff a lot of weapons that are used normally on hovers and this wheel would now be a good competitor against hovers. Imagine cannons if they could buff their shell speed. I imagine this perk with weapons like pulsar or long range guns or cannons.

Bigfoots distance bonus buffs some shotguns and lances... The new light wheel from the BP buffs fafnirs perk dealing with speed

...I honestly don't understand why the front wheel has to synergize with energy weapons of all. Because lazers on bikes are thing I suppose...? Depending on the size the wheel itself could be super useful addition; folks could improve their vehicle stability by putting a pair in front and/or back.

It's great the new cabin is specifically a light cabin, as we know people have traditionally paired Typhoons with light cabins amirite? I'm sure this'll be perfect for hovers. :good:

The wheels are a nice addition, it's good you guys care a bit about the art builders.

8 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

On this map, we plan to implement an interesting feature: the base capture can be started on two levels: at the bottom, or on the upper level — the overpass, which goes directly above the base. It’s not as simple as it looks: your dexterity and cunning will play an important role in the success of your team.

This is not gonna go down the way you think.

Builds are going to be flipping over left and right when they fall down from different levels. And only hovercrafts will flip right back up. It's gonna be another "Clean Island" -scenario.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

where about torque ?

small wheel description is so stupid, remove it or formatting dev's head

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Spedemix said:

...I honestly don't understand why the front wheel has to synergize with energy weapons of all. Because lazers on bikes are thing I suppose...? Depending on the size the wheel itself could be super useful addition; folks could improve their vehicle stability by putting a pair in front and/or back.

you all acting like Dynamo generators don't exist....

lots of bicycles have Dynamos to power up headlights and stuff, so it makes sense these "bike wheels" power energy weapons...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, XiOiUS said:

where about torque ?

small wheel description is so stupid, remove it or formatting dev's head

I agree, where is the Torque update??

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, _Kytbur_ said:

1. Add the option to use front hoovers or cabs in all directions.
2. Increase the energy of all heavy epic and legendary cabs to 12 points or remove the energy of all engines, which would be logical.
3. Make vertical boosters for more fun.
4. Cancel a bunch of useless weapons in the shop or improve the balance of their properties. Especially the most important one - fast charging !!!
5. Allow selling upgraded weapons and cabs in the shop or the ability to cancel their upgrades, disassemble and re-sell them when I no longer use something and don't need it - it takes up inventory space unnecessarily !
6. Allow to freely select 3 features when upgrading weapons and cabs that the player needs the most - no random selections !!!

yes please to all of this.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

New PvP map “Shinto city”

On this map, we plan to implement an interesting feature: the base capture can be started on two levels: at the bottom, or on the upper level — the overpass, which goes directly above the base. It’s not as simple as it looks: your dexterity and cunning will play an important role in the success of your team.

Seems like a capper paradise... A true mujahid caps only as a last resort. Will this location favor cowardice?

Frontal wheel

Yes, you can put it from the front on the frame, that’s why it was created!

Can we please have a rear epic wheel too? :smile:

New lightweight cabin

Along with the frontal wheel, a new light epic cabin will appear and will give even more options for the owners of weapons with reloading mechanics. It’s planned that its perk will boost the reloading of the weapons mounted on the car, and the bonus to the car’s speed will depend on the amount of those weapons. The fewer weapons mounted, the greater the bonus value.

Does this cabin have two perks? One improving weapon reload and the other the cabin's speed? I'd guess it only improves reload, but it's not clear.

Edited by Omega616

6 hours ago, RicchiWalker said:

I second the concept here. I don't like all these magic perks, the game doesn't have enough analogous parts from any given rarity to have all these specific perks that force a build meta. In practice, perks that change your projectile or reload speed based on how fast ur going are very bad if there is a way to boost that passively. I hated the oppressor when it buffed reload speed even as a pulsar/cannon hover player. I'd click to fire but because the reload timing is off from my muscle memory, I'd line up the shot and fire nothing, and hastily re aim to miss after the reload. I couldn't imagine leading with differential velocities like that. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AFluffyBadger said:

I second the concept here. I don't like all these magic perks, the game doesn't have enough analogous parts from any given rarity to have all these specific perks that force a build meta. In practice, perks that change your projectile or reload speed based on how fast ur going are very bad if there is a way to boost that passively. I hated the oppressor when it buffed reload speed even as a pulsar/cannon hover player. I'd click to fire but because the reload timing is off from my muscle memory, I'd line up the shot and fire nothing, and hastily re aim to miss after the reload. I couldn't imagine leading with differential velocities like that. 

The wheel perk is not magic... it literally has a dynamo generator built-in it that powers up energy weapons, bike wheels are the ones which have dynamos most of the time to power up headlights and stuff, it is literally a real thing, those aren’t made up by them.

also, cannon projectile velocity is affected by speed already, no need for a cabin perk.

Edited by _davekko_
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, _davekko_ said:

also, cannon projectile velocity is affected by speed already, no need for a cabin perk.

Projectile speed is a stat, not a build by build or speed affected value.

• Confused 1

Just now, SIGMA920 said:

Projectile speed is a stat, not a build by build or speed affected value.

if you are going fast on a direction, and shoot projectiles at that same direction, the projectiles will reach the target in a considerable faster velocity.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, _davekko_ said:

if you are going fast on a direction, and shoot projectiles at that same direction, the projectiles will reach the target in a considerable faster velocity.

They won't. Almost any projectile travels at the projectile speed that the weapon it was fired from has as a stat. There are exceptions like the Yongwang where the speed of the build determines projectile speed but they're very rare.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

NSENG780.jpg

Hello, survivors!

We got a lot of interesting and interesting novelties and announcements, so you can park your armoured car, get comfortable and find out what will appear in Crossout in the near future.

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. This applies not only to information about possible unique features of new parts, but also about the parts themselves.

Steel Championship

It has already become a tradition to host intense football matches at the “Central Stadium” in July. And this year is no exception.

Of course, there were a number of changes added to the event! You can expect: an updated football field, brand new armoured cars -“football players”, more emphasis on the individual actions of the player when scoring points, as well as the ability to earn points for defending your gates from goals.

There will also be new commemorative awards. In addition, everyone will have the opportunity to get some rewards from previous football events.

New PvP map “Shinto city”

1%20(4).jpg

The location will be a part of the post-apocalyptic metropolis setting, which received positive reception from many players. “Shinto City” turns out to be a multifaceted map, and we tried to continue rethinking the usual gameplay routes of players while developing it.

This four-level, relatively compact map for the “Encounter” mode will feature a city quarter of what was once one of the world’s richest corporations, built in a dense urban environment on the bank of the canal.

In the “urban” part of the map there will be ideal conditions to confuse the enemy, evade pursuits or attack the unsuspecting victim from the rear.

From the side of the canal, the players will be able to find long-range firing positions, allowing long-range builds and artillery to take advantageous positions and control the center of the map.

New parts

It’s planned that until the end of the summer, several curious and long-awaited parts will appear in Crossout: among them are the wheels for art builds, an extremely interesting cabin and even a frontal wheel!

Frontal wheel

mokap2%20(1).jpg

Let’s start with the part that many survivors have been waiting for a long time. Meet the epic frontal wheel!

Yes, you can put it from the front on the frame, that’s why it was created! But we are sure that you will find many more interesting ways to use this unusual movement part.

Talking about its parameters — it’s planned that the new wheel will be comparable to the well-known “Bigfoot”, so you shouldn’t worry about its excessive fragility.

The wheel’s perk will allow you to temporarily get a certain bonus to the damage of any energy weapon after you pass a certain distance. And the bonus value will depend on the number of such wheels mounted on the car (there will be a limit, after which mounting additional wheels will not lead to a larger bonus value).

The loss of each frontal wheel will be accompanied by a brief shutdown of all energy weapons mounted on the car. And, although the shutdown will be really brief, we recommend you not to burst into the eye of the storm, where you can lose your wheels, because in such situations even the slightest delay matters!

New lightweight cabin

Along with the frontal wheel, a new light epic cabin will appear and will give even more options for the owners of weapons with reloading mechanics. It’s planned that its perk will boost the reloading of the weapons mounted on the car, and the bonus to the car’s speed will depend on the amount of those weapons. The fewer weapons mounted, the greater the bonus value.

The model of the cabin is still a work in progress, but we will definitely share its visual appearance with you later.

New small wheels

mokap21.jpg

These small “rare” wheels will not add more efficiency to your build and they don’t have any perks. But we are sure that the fans of “art builds” would want to add such wheels in their collection. Using these wheels, you will be able to assemble not only armoured vehicles with minimal clearance, but also recreate the appearance of many cars that exist in real life!

And all this will appear in the game with the next update (which will be released in July) and during August! Stay tuned to our news to be among the first to see the new cabin!

Thank you for the community engagement and advance notice! These are two things I've asked for and I've definitely noted you guys stepping up to the plate about. I want to compliment you on that and say that the upcoming stuff looks cool (other than steel championship which just isn't my thing :) )

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Any new blueprint slots? I'm not buying more stuff until I get room to build with it. I have bought all the blueprint extensions and it's not enough for all the weapons, parts and combinations in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just let me get this straight concerning this cabin: first you nerf all builds with reload-based weapons to the ground, next you are going to add a light cabin, which has to work with cannons and might render all legendary cabins (for the fusions of which a lot of ppl spent a lot of $$$) obsolete? Well done :01414:, this is so much easier than fixing e.g. heavy cabins or setting all engines to 0 energy.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm still all for fixing the bugs in the game than bringing new stuff out. Examples: red team kills blue team in under 30 seconds with little or no lose on red team. One match you can take multiple hits, next match 2 hits your out. Bot killing... One match bot takes normal hits to kill. Next match 4 players can't kill it. Let's go to CWS now. Nerfed teams and players. This is how you keep people? If you want new players to stay in game, get distance with legendary and relic weapon. 3 porcs under 9k will not keep younger players. Same goes for cyclones and reapers. If they keep getting killed they won't return. Now for us veterans. Equal game play! No nerfing. We are here in the game and some of us are actually helping younger players. We bring them in games with us and they see how games and players are nerfed, they see it's not a well thought or played game. I would love to sit and chat with you devs. Love the game still. Would love to help make it better. Invitation sent. Thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.