[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.12.80. Steel Championship

4 hours ago, bleedis said:

Breaker changes when?

• Upvote 1

I'm liking the added ram mechanic in the matches, I think it's a great addition, and that we got another football pack

That being said, steel championship still remains as my very least favorite gamemode/event crossout has to offer and won't be playing much of it now that I got my first event crate, I can't even hope to make 10 goals for the life of me or move up in ranks to even dream of the hubcap, but I'm fine with that, not my cup of tea

• Sad 2

It's so dumb that you had to add tusk to steel championship, we all know how random and glitchy tusk cabin works

• Upvote 3

Why are you messing stuff which already works??? :014j: Such a shame how incompetent developers you are...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FREEKS said:

Hi
I got camera lag with this update.
Am I the only one ?

I solved the problem by uncheck the mouse smoothing in the general settings (dunno if it was on or off before the update).

Will we see new colors of flares? I would love to see green, Orange or pink flares! 

TheLittleSam (Posted )

I think we will! :)
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

why nerf kapkan at 7 seconds, you need at least 5 seconds to get close to the trapped enemy .. now it's useless !! you must only allow a maximum of 2 kapkan per vehicle if you want to nerf it

PD: Retcher changes when?¡?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Added a thematic music track for the brawl.

And lets just say it:
We all praise the work of your art department. Guys are top notch!
Now let's give off a salute to the sound/music department.

The music is great. Just like your visual artists, someone in the music department obviously loves his work and does it with passion. In my head I could hear Till Lindemann's voice from Rammstein fit into some parts of the song. (I actually wish some rare music in Crossout had a voice - but it would have to fit into all that wasteland end of the world scenario)

Some of us really value the atmosphere that the art and sound bring into the game to give it life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Event is worst of worst and now made even worse with tusk, well done.
  • Its also abusable where you cannot Jack nor Selfdestruct if you are on wall and enemy blocks you.
  • Your engine cannot handle that fast ball and hits are not registred at all.
  • Random physical movement of ball is top cherry on shitpile.
  • Event rewards are RNG crap.
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Hey kind of of joke-ish question but will we ever get a chance to possible craft the hornet machine gun or obtain more in some way?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Cabin “The Call”

Now every drone or turret launched increases the cabin’s power by 35%, instead of 50%.

Developer comment: the maneuverability of the “Call” cabin in conjunction with several drones was incredibly high, and this change is intended to slightly reduce the effectiveness of such combinations.

I used Call cars with Annihilators a lot, exclusively at 11-12K PS, with maxed-out tonnage. The perk would only give me +2 or +3 km/h top speed and barely noticeable pushing power, which would definitely not make them ramming instakillers. I was even considering filing a bug report because I thought the power bonus was bugged or simply not enough. Only the accelleration was noticeably higher. Maybe the Call made ultralight sealclubber cars OP, but I wouldn't know - never built one.

But this nerf doesn't affect me because there is a much better cabin for drones. For this reason, I haven't been using the Call for almost a year now.

This nerf is similar to the latest Cockpit nerf. It was nerfed for PvP because it was reportedly OP as a leviathan cabin. For me, the Call was never OP. But as I said, I haven't had any real need for it for a long time.

Small track

• Increased the minimum turning radius.
  • Turning sharpness is reduced.

Developer comment: The impressive maneuverability of armoured vehicles with “Small tracks” led to a significant increase in the number of builds with melee weapons, which resulted in monotonous battles. With this change, we want to slightly reduce this effect.

As @Dracodeon pointed out in a comment to the preliminary update announcement, the Small Track had been buffed and that was described in a Garage episode as a very positive change. And now the developers have contradicted themselves. Once again. At least those Pyre Dusk cars will be less maneuvrable. But the nerf has affected all vehicles on Small Tracks.

Machine gun “ST-M26 Tackler”

• Minimum spread in motion increased by 25%.
  • Shot spread increase is now higher by 33%.

Developer comment: “Tackler” is an extremely effective weapon on medium PS and in Clan battles, far superior to its alternatives. This change is intended to make it equal to other weapons.

Will this be enough to boost Battle Pass sales?

Improved the tab with patches in the personal survivor’s file, including the addition of a filter and a search function for finding a specific patch.

The previous layout of the patches section was better. It makes sense that after making it harder to navigate a search option would be helpful. Or just restore the previous layout?

Added new welding points for “Clarinet TOW”.

Thank you. This is very useful. :smile: As if I were in a simulation and the game adjusted to what I needed. Really weird. And it's not the first time something like this happened.

Edited by Omega616
  • Confused 1

Like I said before, I think the balance changes actually look pretty good this time around. Maybe the tackler nerf was a little heavy handed. Time will tell.

Also love seeing a new map, and finally getting translucent vegitation is a big quality of life improvement. 

• Upvote 2

a bunch of us tried that mode repeatedly last night and came to the conclusion that the rewards are a joke for how long the matches are, especially as trying to progress in it is... next to impossible

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

@Woodyrojo @TheLittleSam

Is this some sort of a JOKE?

Seriously, is this a freaking JOKE? 

I just found out what you did to garages!!!! You literally screwed me out of thousands of hours of grinding and one of my favorite aspects of the game with your changes to the blocks. I now have -thousands- of completely useless blocks because of your "changes"..... Seriously? I'd been planning to build three tracks and run a competition and give out a 100$ worth of prizes -from my own money- but I guess the playerbase can kiss that goodbye because you've made it where the -thousands- of blocks and -hundreds- of hours I spent grinding to make them are now worthless.

I don't even know what to say to that. You didn't just nerf something.. you completely screwed me out of thousands of hours that I literally cannot use now. And don't try to tell me "well you can turn them into the bigger blocks" no.. I can't, you don't exactly give out building materials do you? No, you don't... so now I have thousands of hours I spent building garage stuff to try to put on a competition for YOUR game because I was enjoying the garage building... and for nothing... because out of nowhere you took away the ability to EVEN USE THOSE BLOCKS.

I want to swear at both of you, but you're not worth getting banned... TBH your dev team isn't worth a plug nickel if this is the crap you'll pull. I've defended nerfs, I've tried to roll with so many things, including the -disgusting- level of bias in your "moderation staff" (read: player volunteers with personal biases and axes to grind). So instead I'm just going to go play and try to forget garages even exist, because what's the point.

It would be nice if you could at least turn all my blocks back into copper and scrap, since you made them useless. At least don't steal the value from me too.. or the hundreds of hours of work.

• Sad 5

In the previous Steel Championship, players were rewarded with a temporary event resource that was needed to craft the event rewards. This was great because it allowed players to decide which prizes they wanted to work for.

Now, the rewards are mostly locked in random crates with only a few of the previously offered rewards. One can be obtained through the reward ladder, and a total of six more can be obtained through the weekly challenge series (three weeks, two per week). That's seven opportunities for random chance to give the player what they are looking for, with the chance for players to get redundant paints or things they weren't aiming for.

Why did you make this change? You removed random crates from the Christmas, Halloween, and Knight Riders events long ago (and moved the rewards to crafting), but here you're introducing crates and removing crafting. At least offer both options (crates and crafting, like how Range Building is done) so players aren't so dependent on randomness to get items they want.

Some randomness is okay, but making the rewards mostly dependent on randomness (4 items from the ladder, 7 crates from challenges and ladder) while omitting some of the previous rewards (there used to be 8 distinct epic paints as rewards, and these crates seem to have 2 of them) is just moving backwards.

• Upvote 2

Am I the only one who thought the new map being multileveled meant you could go into buildings/structures and drop down or drive up collapse floors to get higher up and not a map with over and underpasses?

I like the addition of the mini raid type mode, counterpart of patrol

No clue the why concrete blocks point requirement went up, doesn't effect me too much as I mostly use them as gap fillers as the other range items/walls/fences/gates don't clip together and leave gaps motorcycles could drive through :lol:

Kinda figure the new small wheel would be a pack item but glad the pack is on the cheap side, and I like the paint that is half and half

Also glad the rewards in the steel championship I find interesting are the first ones you can get, cause I ain't interested in the Brunhilde duck :fed015:

Edited by WolfyVonHowlin
  • Upvote 1

Wow, is it only me having this terrible lag? I usually never had any severe issues since I ditched my Wi-Fi, but with todays update I have 20-30% loss all the time! I can't see my projectiles hitting 20% of the time, so my first Steel championship is an absolutely frustrating experience I cannot enjoy the slightest. Just terrible. I hope this lag won't be a permanent thing due to the championship (as someone mentioned below the last announcement), otherwise I just can't go on playing this game.

And pls fix the garage door opening all the time! Don't know why, but it is annoying.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

For last 12hrs i havent found the Pack in ps4 store but i read

"The pack will be available till August 22 inclusive!" 

So when (date) it is put to ps4 store? 

Solid changes all around this time. The new map looks awesome. If we're getting all these new urban maps, how about something like the Winter/Spring Mayhem event in a huge city map with choice of premade builds made for the future's post-apocalyptic urban warfare? :)

After some battles in the new Steel Championship, I found the new builds very interesting and the Tusk to add some new dynamics to the battles. I didn't see any excessive or intentional ramming all that much aside from a couple of guys that I already knew were [redacted] just remembering their names from CW. I actually don't mind it and might even get to liking it, it sure adds something new. Also, I don't know what you did to the map or the brawl's servers, but the weird lag or bad/low tickrate server issue seems to be gone from Steel Championship now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, _Lemmy44_ said:

Solid changes all around this time. The new map looks awesome. If we're getting all these new urban maps, how about something like the Winter/Spring Mayhem event in a huge city map with choice of premade builds made for the future's post-apocalyptic urban warfare? :)

After some battles in the new Steel Championship, I found the new builds very interesting and the Tusk to add some new dynamics to the battles. I didn't see any excessive or intentional ramming all that much aside from a couple of guys that I already knew were [redacted] just remembering their names from CW. I actually don't mind it and might even get to liking it, it sure adds something new. Also, I don't know what you did to the map or the brawl's servers, but the weird lag or bad/low tickrate server issue seems to be gone from Steel Championship now.

One match I ram-killed a guy at least 30 times in less than a point. Of course.. this was after he rage-pm'd me a bunch of slurs.. but I will say that if you're good with tusk? Ram kill defense is -hilariously- fun and makes people rage.. so I apologize in advance if you run into me ;) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

*Stupid clown face from a book made by a pedo*

What gives? Players keep saying that the devs should focus more on getting revenue from cosmetic items rather than OP pack exclusive items. (And I fully agree with that) Aside from the outdated and underwhelming (but pretty) cabin, this is literally a cosmetic pack. What else do you all want?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Can we have a small event to refund blocks now that many of us who built to the limit can no longer even use the amount we have? We sacrificed resources on these things and you nerfed it. Which just sounds silly. Why nerf building blocks lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dios_Hades said:

why nerf kapkan at 7 seconds, you need at least 5 seconds to get close to the trapped enemy .. now it's useless !! you must only allow a maximum of 2 kapkan per vehicle if you want to nerf it

PD: Retcher changes when?¡?

Retcher is fine, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Developer comment: Due to the change in the features of the engines and the introduction of a separate module that boosts reloading, we slightly increased the strength of the weapon types that were affected by these changes the most.

So triple-cannon hovers. Got it.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1