Raids: When are you going to do something about the leeches??

CoIoneIBurton

Guy comes into the hard raid with several porcs, collects 43 points, suicides and lets us carry him through the raid. Obviously, the rest of us had to use one extra repair kit to manage it.

When are they finally going to do something about this leeching? It would be so simple. For every 5 points you make, you have one second to be inactive before getting kicked. So if you only do 43 points, you will be auto-kicked after 8 seconds if you do not return to the raid. If you managed 800 points and want to see if your team can finish without you using another rep kit, you have almost three minutes.

Something like that

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Sometimes you want to wait for the right event trigger before respawning, but I do agree that it is a problem when a player remains in the game and never uses repair kit and sits out of the entire thing. The only thing is, we dont want to make it too easy for players with the porcs (or retchers) to take all of the points by virtue of the weapons themselves.

Some actions to reduce the effect and prevalence of this behavior could inadvertently disbalance the amount of materials rewarded at the end, favoring these op weapons even more than it already does.

I have had many raids that are excessively difficult because of this behavior, and it always seems like it is from a player whose guns are actually better than ours. Maybe they're like "go ahead, get the score while I bump up the difficulty"

Maybe this issue is related to the difficulty increase caused by higher PS. We cannot choose who we raid with if we dont fill a whole party, and some players have cars that outperform everyone else no matter how skillfully the other players play. If im running Mg or Joules at 9k and im in a raid with 2 13k players... im not going to have a good day, and im going to get fewer materials because I cannot participate as well, and will die much more quickly.

Maybe the best measure to combat this is to improve PS balance, or even make it so only a limited PS range can participate in this difficulty

im just spitballing ideas here.

• 3 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 2:01 PM, BorisSokolov said:

Sometimes you want to wait for the right event trigger before respawning, but I do agree that it is a problem when a player remains in the game and never uses repair kit and sits out of the entire thing. The only thing is, we dont want to make it too easy for players with the porcs (or retchers) to take all of the points by virtue of the weapons themselves.

Some actions to reduce the effect and prevalence of this behavior could inadvertently disbalance the amount of materials rewarded at the end, favoring these op weapons even more than it already does.

I have had many raids that are excessively difficult because of this behavior, and it always seems like it is from a player whose guns are actually better than ours. Maybe they're like "go ahead, get the score while I bump up the difficulty"

Maybe this issue is related to the difficulty increase caused by higher PS. We cannot choose who we raid with if we dont fill a whole party, and some players have cars that outperform everyone else no matter how skillfully the other players play. If im running Mg or Joules at 9k and im in a raid with 2 13k players... im not going to have a good day, and im going to get fewer materials because I cannot participate as well, and will die much more quickly.

Maybe the best measure to combat this is to improve PS balance, or even make it so only a limited PS range can participate in this difficulty

I think that just tightening the PS spread between players would be enough to fix most of the problem, it ain't nice to join on your 8k build and be paired with two-three 14k retcher/pork sweatlords

On 8/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, BorisSokolov said:

You get paired with 13k? With my Joules build I usually get paired with 18-19k PS builds .... have fun

1 hour ago, WirWho said:

You get paired with 13k? With my Joules build I usually get paired with 18-19k PS builds .... have fun

Oh wait, I forgot the random 20k+ PS player that come fully loaded with Porc and Flash .... and me 11k .... that's balance

Spoiler