Thoughts on the "Bedlam" game mode

Sir_Earlybird

I have been playing Crossout now for just under a year, and I must say, my absolute favorite game mode must be "Bedlam". Whether I'm driving a massive tank or my racing build, I always enjoy the mode, whether I'm fighting the entire server or just chilling. Its always a great experience. Its great to see other people's vehicles and the crazy ideas they have. Its just sad that the mode is not being developed like the rest. Of course, the addition of jump pads was a nice touch, but really, I believe Bedlam requires a bit more to make more playable, especially when it comes to the servers.

This is just a few ideas I had over my time playing the mode:

1. A way to select what server (within a specific region such as EU or RUS) one joins.

I have seen this in several other multiplayer games, where one can select the server within a specific region on which one wishes to play. This makes playing with friends much easier. In Crossout, joining the desired Bedlam server, especially in the EU region is much of a guessing game, as many know. This, combined with the lack of knowledge if a server is full or closed (no new players can join), makes joining a server with friends significantly more difficult. I know, it is possible to go in a group, and start a new server, but if you wish to play with many others, its just not so practical. Hence, I propose to add the option of selecting a server before one joins Bedlam, and to simply add waiting time if the given server is full. I would rather wait 5 minutes to join a server if I knew it was guaranteed, rather than play this guessing game where I can try for 20 minutes and still achieve nothing.

2. Potentially larger maps with more players

This is a tricky topic. I know, this is potentially difficult to implement due to the complexity of the vehicles and the size of the map. However, I think if it were possible to allow more players to play on a given map, and to introduce larger maps, it would open possibilities for many new ideas and fun to be had in this mode. Imagine for a moment, 30 or 40 players on a map such as the "Blood Rocks" or Winter mayhem maps. Such things is what I believe Bedlam could become.

Overall, no matter what, Bedlam is a great game mode which I am happy spend many hours playing. Thanks for reading,

Sir_Earlybird

Edited by Sir_Earlybird
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

True. Bedlam mode, and more over and development for the community who play crossout for the creativity/share/exhib.

Please Gaijin, give bedlamers more !

Bedlam is @sam93931's territory. If its king asks, he shall receive.

• Haha 1