[Developer blog] Season 6 in Crossout. Part 1

Woodyrojo

already saving for that new shotgun. so damn excited for the new season, as well as all the changes it brings

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

nice, finaly a new generator., just hope it got more HP than gasgen, allways avoided the gasgen after seeing the HP of it.

But why all these shotguns? allready got a new shotgun in current season the gremlin, and there are more shotgun players than anything in this game, seeing 6-8 shotgun wedges on enemy team in pritty much every single match, maby it has to do with realy poor matchmaking.

kinda feels like devs have a hardon for shotgun and everything thats meta and holding W in the game

you can do better than that, add smoke flares thats allready asked for over several years now
add some elemental resist to the game, theres nothing that stops anything that has to do with energy/fire dammage, beside nova, aegis and barrier

8 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

We do this in order to release new seasons more often: instead of one long season, you will get two smaller seasons in different themes, and the break between seasons becomes shorter. You can already notice it now: the “Guiding star” has not yet finished, and we plan to release a new season in the first half of the autumn!

how many fewer lvls? will the content stay somewat the same?

maby good, but still smells like another form of cashgrab from gaijin. more often season with battlepass in them = more use of coins to get the none free items

Edited by Sasherz
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

SG.jpg

we never see the arotron in pvp and CW and you make a legendary shotgun,

I wonder what delicacies you are still preparing for us !!!!

in short, I'm impatiently awaiting the new relic

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Adun said:

we will not fix the map issues that you hop like a rabbit

That is a somewhat wedge build fix. If you dont have a wedge, and still hopping , your build scrape the (hard) ground,  and/or your build is bad. Very low wedges that scrape the ground also jump or hop on the hard ground. You must not be a very experienced player if you dont know about this.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Omega616 said:

Does "the old parts of the Founders" mean all currently craftable Founders parts? Will the crafting of all Founders parts be limited to the season only? Because why else would we need one-time recipes for the old Founrs parts? Now, everyone ignore me, some popular poster repeat my question by only pretending to reply to my me, and get 20+ likes. What would be the chance of that. :dry:

It's referring to the first BP parts, yes. No, they won't be limited if you did the first season. Just limited for players who didn't.

1 hour ago, Steel_Artist said:

And even if the shorter seasons still gives roughly the same monetary value  what we have now, that doesn't change the fact that this is becoming incredibly money grabby to a excessive degree and due the coin injections from battlepasses, these more frequent seasons will, again, only escalate the market problems. Perhaps you guys should think about this and the repercussions it'll have. . 

This amusingly enough does seem like an attempt to deal with inflation by reducing the amount of coins created by post level 75 levels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

This is primarily for those who didn't have a chance to complete the 1st season and now can't access these parts.

Moreover, these one-time recipes will allow you to produce the part instantly, without having to wait for some time.

You want to fix the problem of lack of access to previous season items by new players by... limiting the access even further? How is this supposed to work?

Edited by Perqq
  • Upvote 3

A 3rd legendary shotty?! Ive waited years for a legendary cricket and shotties get a 3rd legendary? Thats just unfair and uncalled for. Too many epics have no legendary version for yall to be making a 3rd legendary shotty

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 5

Yawn... pointless additions doesnt make game better at all, as usual zero crucial changes, sterile development.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

We can expect changes in some mechanics for the production of seasonal parts

aka "this is the part where we take the ability to craft the legendary items after the season ends away"?

EDIT: oh wait, I actually didn't read the thing....

Edited by Spedemix
  • Confused 2

So it's an assembler shotgun?
Can something be done about nidhogg style range? Breaker shoots half the map while nidhoggs wouldn't reach the front on a big spider

Can you have a few weeks break between events and season to allow people to rest and farm recourses again?
Can you allow dmg meters to work the whole structure and not just the ball? One of them can't even be targeted by drones
Any reload buff to porcs? 
Buff every weapon durability since scorps clean everything except breakers and mastodonts

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

so from what I can get from the wording
first founders season parts will return, in both "season crafting only" and "one time blueprints" crafting.

people who levelled the first founders season their blueprints are not affected.

new parts will be similar, they show up as "one time blueprints" and "season crafting only"

you can make as many parts as you desire with "season crafting only" during the season (so you can make 100 omniboxes(old stuff) or 100 of the new epic heavy gen(new stuff)), but after the season ends it is gone for good/or until the devs re-add them in some other way.

"one time blueprints" stick around forever, even after the season till you use them for crafting said item, then it is gone for good. From the blog it suggest that you can get mutiple “one time blueprints”

personally I feel that a shorter season and permanent blueprints for unlocking is far more worth it then the planned system in the blog, this just smells like cash grab compared to the first founders season. Then again unless the whales stop spending on this kind of season gajin will continue to make it more greedy(less stuff for more money) like locking BPs behind paywall. (I have been taught that once a game is nearing its end of it's life cycle, as in the active players starts to go away/ new sales starts to slow, generally the company will shift their focus to squeezing every last dollar from the playerbase if it is no longer profitable to keep doing better content updates for the game)

Edited by howardxu23
  • Thanks 4

People keep asking about aim assist on console, but no recent responses from developers.  Just tell the users you will or wont remove aim assist.   Once you told people Chase raid was gone, most stopped asking about it.  How hard is that?  @Woodyrojo  Can you please put this topic to rest?  

Edited by PlayerH8t3r
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Do developers even reacting on players? Do they realise,  that ppl are leaving the game faszer and faster,  since its not worth alnost nothing?

I played pvp yesterday for 3 hours,  and for 3 hours i played against the same ppl... Wow,  thats a big community...

Adding shotgun,  so dogs can fight on long range yea? Shorter BP,  so ppl have less equipement and need to grind and play even more to make it all in time? Some stupid Crosscrowns,  that are bout to xxxx up ppl again,  cuz u dont have enough players.... U are dying fast and instead of trying to raise up again,  u just keep diggin the grave... Feels sorry,  how stupid u are devs... Really... U killed awesome game

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I’m so sad their adding heavy 3 point. I like that everyone explodes so violently. :DD… but I’ll get over it :)

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Philipotel said:

Why are you so determined to alienate the remaining players?

Its not that, its to milk players even more, pure greed. Either you pay or u are worthless to them.

Two shorter battle passes, who bets they will both be 10 eur? Also very interesting how much we will get for completing challenges, if its shorter it will be more right or will they make it so you need to play even more to get the same..

4 hours ago, Secarious said:

This is still stupid and everyone knows it Gaijin.You only want the market prices to go up so people will by coin packs.

Ofc they want everything to be as expensive as possible, thats why they are making the changes with seasons and limiting crafting. Greed babe greed. Seasons are always a time when prices go up.

I did warn ppl that if they dont take a stand it will be even worse, first they limited legendary recipes only to the duration of the event, now they go even further and will limit all of the new recipes, those one time crafts is just a change of subject so it doesn't look that bad, but it is terrible, they wont fool anyone.

Not to mention with such changes more and more ppl, free season players, will not have any reason to do it, the current season have already almost nothing for free players the last 10 or more levels, legendary recipes will be unusable so who cares, literally level after level, unlocks only for paid players... (not REWARDS, if its paid its not a reward)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Changes in seasons and mechanics of seasonal parts production

Parts production mechanics

Let’s start with the mechanics which were already partially presented in the “Guiding star” season. As you remember, all parts of legendary rarity can be produced only during the season, and once the season is over, their production becomes unavailable. The ability to craft these parts, one way or another, will return in future in-game events.

So, what will change in the new season?

• During the season, all new parts (including their fused versions) can be crafted in unlimited quantities (permanent recipes will be available).
  • As new levels of the season are gained, all players will discover and receive additional one-time recipes for the production of new parts. During the season, you can get several one-time recipes for each new part at once.
  • Once the season is over, permanent recipes will become unavailable, but you will still have one-time recipes.
  • Even if you didn’t have enough time (or didn’t have the opportunity) to craft a certain part during the season, you will be able to craft it thanks to one-time recipes.
  • In addition to one-time recipes for new parts, you can also unlock one-time recipes to craft the old parts of the Founders.

Comment: After the end of the season, new parts cannot be crafted in unlimited quantities, and this will increase their value and rarity. You will be able to track the moment when the price and demand for this part in the market will be high, craft it using a one-time recipe and sell it at a price as profitable as possible for yourself. Or you can craft this part to use it on your armoured car at any time — it’s always up to you.

I don't understand the reasoning of making new parts more scarce and more difficult for new players to access.  Perhaps you can elaborate on how making new items more difficult to access will improve gameplay or sustainability? 

• Upvote 5

WTF...again demented devs need money...why are all those parts limited to craft? Limited to craft only during season or via limited amount of one-use blueprints... You made this mistake this battlepass and you go for it even worse for another one...

I can craft unlimited amount of Apollos if I have resources...why should we be limited for epic generator or epic nailgun?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

The generator seems cool.

But: why limit the crafting even further?! You should do the opposite: make parts from old battlepasses accessible to new players!

And another shotgun? Really? Don't you have ideas for other types of weapons? We have already so many shotguns. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, _sid___ said:

I don't understand the reasoning of making new parts more scarce and more difficult for new players to access.  Perhaps you can elaborate on how making new items more difficult to access will improve gameplay or sustainability? 

Forget about new players there are only oldtimers. Point is to create pressure on existing players to craft just in time (what you have no resources for so "insert your wallet here"), bcs else they would not be able upgrade it on upgrade event. Thats also reason why there is so many things unusable without upgrades (stillwind accuracy).

2 hours ago, PlayerH8t3r said:

People keep asking about aim assist on console, but no recent responses from developers.  Just tell the users you will or wont remove aim assist.   Once you told people Chase raid was gone, most stopped asking about it.  How hard is that?  @Woodyrojo  Can you please put this topic to rest?  

xoutaa.png

They did respond multiple times but never actually did anything, that is the problem and why people keep bringing up the topic. It's 10x stronger than it should be and basically aimbot. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Waughan said:

WTF...again demented devs need money...why are all those parts limited to craft? Limited to craft only during season or via limited amount of one-use blueprints... You made this mistake this battlepass and you go for it even worse for another one...

I can craft unlimited amount of Apollos if I have resources...why should we be limited for epic generator or epic nailgun?

the limited parts are only ment for legendary items I belive, just like this season, unless gaijin puss something new out of theyr butts, still sucks to be honest. so all other parts will be unloced onto workbenches, the epic summator/nailgun and gennerator prolly end up on founders workbench

If you paid for a battlepass all BP should be permanent avaiable assuming you unlocked that level of season lvl regardless of seasonend.

Edited by Sasherz
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, szefopl said:

Its not that, its to milk players even more, pure greed.

This will be the result - less and less players. They keep pumping out new and new content without improving the gameplay, although the game is already overwhelming for new players, and way too grindy for everybody.

Hey there, new content is great and all however what about balances to existing content. Whenever balance changes hit the lists are so small and generally address maybe 1/5 at most of whats being used / underused / broken. I guess your argument against this would be that too many changes could cause problems however if they are tiny changes such as a little 5% damage buff here and a 5% durability nerf there its small enough to be basically unnoticeable however possibly gives some items a breath of fresh air that are underused. I would really like to see some long sweeping lists with 5 changes per rarity at the minimum every 2-4 weeks. Im sure alot of people would agree here.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, JJEMartinn said:

I would really like to see some long sweeping lists with 5 changes per rarity at the minimum every 2-4 weeks. Im sure alot of people would agree here.

Only the idiots would call that a good thing. That would turn into change for the sake of change and a worse game balance as a result.

Make changes as necessary, not on an interval just to make changes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Only the idiots would call that a good thing. That would turn into change for the sake of change and a worse game balance as a result.

Make changes as necessary, not on an interval just to make changes.

Why did you take what I said so literally :laugh:. Till the game is perfectly balanced (which it will never be) then changes will always be necessary would they not?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.