[Developer blog] Season 6 in Crossout. Part 1

Woodyrojo

2 hours ago, _sid___ said:

I don't understand the reasoning of making new parts more scarce and more difficult for new players to access.  Perhaps you can elaborate on how making new items more difficult to access will improve gameplay or sustainability? 

Making crafting items a limited time event makes it so that players can craft something without worrying that the market is going to tank.  This last battlepass, I crafted 4 Vindicators and 2 Stillwinds.  I wouldn't craft either if there wasn't a limited crafting window because I wouldn't know whether Vindicators and Stillwinds are going to be a good investment or not.  Making them scarce makes them an instantly good investment.

This battlepass is for the newer players who  are getting gouged by old players on the prices of Verifiers, Bigram Legs, Summators and Omni cabs.  It is good that they are showing new players some love with old seasons and this 3 point generator.  I see new players try to play Clan wars with gas gens and it is an instant loss.  Hopefully they will offer a redo of the legendary cab season next so the new players can get a fused Nova or Griffon cab.  

I have some mild interest in the Epic Summator and the new legendary shotgun as I am a Summator fan.  I also will buy the battlepass just to get a second fused Assembler and a second fused Annihilator as well as an extra set of fused legs  A full troll build of Annihilators and Kapkans on a Beholder cab might be in order.  

Edited by DarthStall
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

If permanent recipes are available, what is the purpose of these one time use recipes? Why would we need or even care about one time use recipes when we have unlocked a permanent recipe? The explanation seems a little convoluted. Possibly due to translation issues?  Some clarification is in order.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Legendary single-shot shotgun

SG.jpg

To begin with, we note that this new shotgun is only related to “Nidhogg” by its “single-shot” nature. Otherwise — you’ve never seen such a shotgun before!

First of all, the firing range. The shots from this shotgun goes farther than usual, which, combined with the following perk, makes it a dangerous weapon in skilled hands.

Each shot of this shotgun can be charged by holding the firing key. At the same time, the accuracy increases significantly, and the shotgun itself becomes quite an accurate weapon for mid-range battles. Of course, you don’t have to charge a shot — in this case you will get the spread that is usual for all other shotguns.

Accurate shooting will be rewarded: the more shots you hit the target, the more damage your next shot will do.

That’s all for today, but next week we’ll show you another new weapon, as well as a number of structural parts that will be available in the new season. See you soon!

Some time ago i was joking on a post about devs CHILDISH OBSESION about shotguns proposing a long range/sniper shotgun... and.... here we are... i really hoped that stayed as a joke... for real i dont get why devs love shotguns at that absurd point, anyways good luck on your crusade for breaking the almost non existant weapon balance, even if you dont need it like in this case 

PS: idea for the next shotgun, a shotgun that shots homming shotguns, or even better, a button that says shotguns that instakills one random porr guy that only wants to enjoy the game

Edited by Azzazel69
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JJEMartinn said:

Why did you take what I said so literally :laugh:. Till the game is perfectly balanced (which it will never be) then changes will always be necessary would they not?

A game like XO is never going to be perfectly balanced. Someone is always going to find a new build combo or some new item that becomes very strong.

Constantly changing stuff like you're asking for is not waiting and gathering data, then interpreting and seeing why the data is getting the results it is like the devs currently do every few months, it's changing anything and everything without rhyme or rhythm because you have to make constant small changes.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

At the same time, we will try to change the contents in such a way that the total value of rewards remains at the same level.

what does this mean? the only things that are tradeable are instantly unsellable due to market corridors locking high prices, or do you mean the coins awarded?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pandemic_Regent said:

If permanent recipes are available, what is the purpose of these one time use recipes? Why would we need or even care about one time use recipes when we have unlocked a permanent recipe? The explanation seems a little convoluted. Possibly due to translation issues?  Some clarification is in order.

I read it as that the seasons won't have permanent recipes anymore

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DarthStall said:

Making crafting items a limited time event makes it so that players can craft something without worrying that the market is going to tank.  This last battlepass, I crafted 4 Vindicators and 2 Stillwinds.  I wouldn't craft either if there wasn't a limited crafting window because I wouldn't know whether Vindicators and Stillwinds are going to be a good investment or not.  Making them scarce makes them an instantly good investment.

This battlepass is for the newer players who  are getting gouged by old players on the prices of Verifiers, Bigram Legs, Summators and Omni cabs.  It is good that they are showing new players some love with old seasons and this 3 point generator.  I see new players try to play Clan wars with gas gens and it is an instant loss.  Hopefully they will offer a redo of the legendary cab season next so the new players can get a fused Nova or Griffon cab.  

Your admission that you would not have otherwise crafted means you spent thousands of coins in resources in items that you generally don't want, that doesn't seem efficient to me.

The latter point, it actually screws over new players even more.  At least bigrams, omnis, and the other things you stated can be crafted - there is supply for new players to be able to purchase on the market.  New players can't craft them, and they also won't be able to craft future season items either.  The difference now however is that nobody else will be able to craft them either.  The pricing gouging will clearly be more significant when it's an item that only 100 people possess vs 100 people can craft unlimited supply of.  Most season items will be unobtainable by players who did not participate in that season.

• Upvote 1

• Developer
10 hours ago, Pandemic_Regent said:

If permanent recipes are available, what is the purpose of these one time use recipes? Why would we need or even care about one time use recipes when we have unlocked a permanent recipe?

Speaking about permanent recipes of the previous seasons - they remain yours if you managed to complete those seasons. One-time recipes of these old parts are mostly for those, who didn't have a chance to participate in those seasons. Also, these 1-time recipes allow you to produce the part instantly, without having to wait for a couple of hours.

Speaking about the future season - permanent recipes will be a thing only during the season. Once the season is over they will be gone, but you'll have the 1-time ones that you've unlocked. So, even after the season is over you'll be able to produce the new part instantly either for your car or to sell it on the market once the price is high enough to make it a profitable deal.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

Also, these 1-time recipes allow you to produce the part instantly, without having to wait for a couple of hours.

That is a non-factor which seems like a smokescreen. 
The fact that you're only answering questions that are asking directly for answers you've already given speak volumes, sadly. I really like this game, but the business model that is getting worse and worse making it harder and harder to justify playing it.

• Upvote 5

To be honest, I highly doubt they would change the season crafting system, unless we spread it as much as possible in game to not buy said pass because it is far more greedy or something.

After all, gajin only listens to money, so as long as there is casual plebs who simply logs in, spend money on shiny stuff, play for a while and then log off again till the next shiny stuff, gajin will only become more greedy

CONSUME PRODUCT, WAIT FOR NEXT PRODUCT

Edited by howardxu23
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Speaking about the future season - permanent recipes will be a thing only during the season

What a nice contradiction.

Only in crossout!

PERMANENT RECIPES are TEMPORARY

LOL

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 6

The "permanent" and "one-time" terminology is backwards and baffling. Is this an Russian to English translation problem or do you use the wrong Russian words for things too?

And another question, @Woodyrojo, any work coming soon for "side-flyer" and "torque" tests that you've begun and then seemingly abandoned?

• Upvote 2

On 9/2/2021 at 7:00 AM, Woodyrojo said:

Epic generator

GEN.jpg

This part has already been shown to you by Alex Murch in his radio-text program, and now it’s time to see it not in a schematic image, but in all its glory!

Yes, this is the epic rarity generator you asked us for! Heavy, durable — the complete opposite of fragile and light “Gasgen”. It gives the same 3 units of energy, it’s massive and has a non-standard shape — a price for its reliability. If you own a powerful and heavy build, now it’s completely unnecessary to risk losing half of your car for the sake of the 3 units of energy.

Good work, but I need 4 units of energy in my current build (I hope the Legendary Heavy Generator come soon).

This could be solved if we get different tiers based in the highest rarity part of the armored car, for example: Special VS Special Epic VS Epic , Legendary VS Legendary . These 3 tiers are perfect (not too much, not too little), that would encourage players to have wide variety of builds for every tier. The game shouldn't balanced by Power Score but by rarity level of the highest rarity part of the armored car. My current state in Crossout is Legenday Builds, only this matchmaker system would encourage me to get Epic Modules and Weapons.

Besides that, you should consider limit the number of Roles per match for example; First parameter: 1-2 machine gun build, 1-2 shotgun build, 1-2 cannon build, 1-2 autocannon build, 1-2 flamethrower build, 1-2 melee build... Second parameter: 1-2 track build, 1-2 wheel build, 1-2 hover build, 1-2 auger build... Third parameter: 4 light builds and 4 heavy builds (8 Players Total / Team). When find a match, a screen appears and players have several options to choose their combat role, the options become limited as players choose their combat role just like any every modern Multiplayer game nowadays, that would avoid OP builds and would encourage players to have wide variety of builds.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, aldermatias said:

Good work, but I need 4 units of energy in my current build (I hope the Legendary Heavy Generator come soon).

This could be solved if we get different tiers based in the highest rarity part of the armored car, for example: Special VS Special Epic VS Epic , Legendary VS Legendary . These 3 tiers are perfect (not too much, not too little), that would encourage players to have wide variety of builds for every tier. The game shouldn't balanced by Power Score but by rarity level of the highest rarity part of the armored car. My current state in Crossout is Legenday Builds, only this matchmaker system would encourage me to get Epic Modules and Weapons.

Besides that, you should consider limit the number of Roles per match for example; First parameter: 1-2 machine gun build, 1-2 shotgun build, 1-2 cannon build, 1-2 autocannon build, 1-2 flamethrower build, 1-2 melee build... Second parameter: 1-2 track build, 1-2 wheel build, 1-2 hover build, 1-2 auger build... Third parameter: 4 light builds and 4 heavy builds (8 Players Total / Team). When find a match, a screen appears and players have several options to choose their combat role, the options become limited as players choose their combat role just like any every modern Multiplayer game nowadays, that would avoid OP builds and would encourage players to have wide variety of builds.

You mean legendary light generator? Apollo already counts as a heavy. 

Your idea would not work at all here. This game's balance is simply not set up that way. There's far too many factors involved to say that a build should only be matched against other legendaries if it has a legendary. This would also do the exact opposite of what you think it would. It'll make the variety worse, not better. Think about it. If a build with epics can only be matched against other epics..that means you'll only be seeing other epics when using it. How is that variety? And how is it balanced. considering that many epics can compete against legendaries and even relics?  Likewise with some specials vs epics. 

This game does not really go by defined roles either.   Even with the exact same weapon, "roles" can be wildly different depending on what its used on. Again, there's too many factors involved. 

You should also consider what such an idea would do to the que times. 

• Upvote 3

On 9/3/2021 at 7:12 AM, Woodyrojo said:

Speaking about permanent recipes of the previous seasons - they remain yours if you managed to complete those seasons. One-time recipes of these old parts are mostly for those, who didn't have a chance to participate in those seasons. Also, these 1-time recipes allow you to produce the part instantly, without having to wait for a couple of hours.

Speaking about the future season - permanent recipes will be a thing only during the season. Once the season is over they will be gone, but you'll have the 1-time ones that you've unlocked. So, even after the season is over you'll be able to produce the new part instantly either for your car or to sell it on the market once the price is high enough to make it a profitable deal.

first of, having the limited crafting on legendary is a realy bad way to bring new players in, if theyr super new there is NO way for them to craft the new legendary single shot shotgun, other than using money on a game theyr not sure to stick around on. you allready screwing them over with founders and the ching-chong event... oh yeha syndicate, and even this one, if they not willing to use money on this game they need to spend years to get anywere.

but you prolly say something in the line of "but.but we plan on re-relasing them in a later season"

then again, when will that season with old BP reapear? next season? in two, six, 9 season from now, or even 10 years from now?

and not to talk about the shorter more frequent season, are you trying to kil the game? well the more shorter season and often might be nice, but if theyr back to back, there is no downtime on them for people to get theyr resourses back up to a comfertable spot

what next cashgrab sceeme? resourse pack bundles, with a deluxe version that gives 1 uranium? that YOU CANT SELL.

if you gona screw us over on the legendary recipies and the season time, atleast give us stuff in the next season that people actualy could have use for, like....

Storage expansion modules
Blueprint expansion modules
Engeneer Badges
Crosscrowns instead of regular coins (for the ones that bought the battle passes)

unlike sticers and decor and paint that doesnt help the player other than look fancy, the decor only taking up storage space.

if adding more decor, let us have the option to choose what version of a decor we get, like option to get one that untradable, unsalvageable and doenst take up storagespace, at the rate of decor dump in this game its only a matter of time theres more decor than vehicle parts, and people with over 800 storage slots it takes alot of expansions to get the next 25 slots

Edited by Sasherz
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Steel_Artist said:

You mean legendary light generator? Apollo already counts as a heavy. 

Your idea would not work at all here. This game's balance is simply not set up that way. There's far too many factors involved to say that a build should only be matched against other legendaries if it has a legendary. This would also do the exact opposite of what you think it would. It'll make the variety worse, not better. Think about it. If a build with epics can only be matched against other epics..that means you'll only be seeing other epics when using it. How is that variety? And how is it balanced. considering that many epics can compete against legendaries and even relics?  Likewise with some specials vs epics. 

This game does not really go by defined roles either.   Even with the exact same weapon, "roles" can be wildly different depending on what its used on. Again, there's too many factors involved. 

You should also consider what such an idea would do to the que times. 

Edited by aldermatias
  • Upvote 1

On 9/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, Woodyrojo said:

Changes in seasons and mechanics of seasonal parts production

Parts production mechanics

Let’s start with the mechanics which were already partially presented in the “Guiding star” season. As you remember, all parts of legendary rarity can be produced only during the season, and once the season is over, their production becomes unavailable. The ability to craft these parts, one way or another, will return in future in-game events.

So, what will change in the new season?

• During the season, all new parts (including their fused versions) can be crafted in unlimited quantities (permanent recipes will be available).
  • As new levels of the season are gained, all players will discover and receive additional one-time recipes for the production of new parts. During the season, you can get several one-time recipes for each new part at once.
  • Once the season is over, permanent recipes will become unavailable, but you will still have one-time recipes.
  • Even if you didn’t have enough time (or didn’t have the opportunity) to craft a certain part during the season, you will be able to craft it thanks to one-time recipes.
  • In addition to one-time recipes for new parts, you can also unlock one-time recipes to craft the old parts of the Founders.

Comment: After the end of the season, new parts cannot be crafted in unlimited quantities, and this will increase their value and rarity. You will be able to track the moment when the price and demand for this part in the market will be high, craft it using a one-time recipe and sell it at a price as profitable as possible for yourself. Or you can craft this part to use it on your armoured car at any time — it’s always up to you.

Dear lord do you guys have greedier and worse ideas to kill your game and **** off f2p players?

I and many others passed on current BP because of the legendary crafting BS, glad to see you want more people skipping the next one. They sure won't buy your 70€ 5years old hover pack instead, so just forget about that income and part of your playerbase.

Also nice new shotguns, the game needed more /s

Edited by Clebardman
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, aldermatias said:

He's right tho, rarity tier matchmaking is an idea that looks good only if you never spent more than 5 seconds thinking about it. I'll let you think about it, you should come back to us really quickly after realizing exactly how much worse it would be than PS.

• Upvote 4

On 9/3/2021 at 2:13 AM, Sir_Stallsalot said:

I'm sad to see Crossout slowly transition to a full FOMO model. (Fear Of Missing Out).
It really causes a lot of stress, and makes people burn out and just quit when they see that they just can't make it in time; knowing they'll never be able to have something just because it's here today and gone tomorrow. Likewise; it also causes many regrets... either you should have build this item, or alternatively, regret that you did build something, because you knew you'd never be able to again... but in the end never really wanted that item in the first place.

This is exactly what XO feels like to me now.

Since the announcement of limited battle pass, legendary crafting I've decided to stop spending any money on this game.

Interesringly, knowing that I'm basically giving up on trying to "keep up" has been freeing and has made the game more enjoyable lately.

• Upvote 2

On 9/3/2021 at 8:13 AM, Sir_Stallsalot said:

I'm sad to see Crossout slowly transition to a full FOMO model. (Fear Of Missing Out).
It really causes a lot of stress, and makes people burn out and just quit when they see that they just can't make it in time; knowing they'll never be able to have something just because it's here today and gone tomorrow. Likewise; it also causes many regrets... either you should have build this item, or alternatively, regret that you did build something, because you knew you'd never be able to again... but in the end never really wanted that item in the first place.

I quit Destiny 2 because of their FOMO tactics, and I never looked back. I hear that Skinner Box keeps getting worse and worse... and I really don't want Crossout to head the same direction.

I would honestly prefer that seasons cost a dollar or two more, but function the same way as the first Founders season. I'm okay with the fact that the season is going to be shorter in terms of time... but the limited blueprints is just an awful idea from a player's perspective. There has been one positive change though; I absolutely love that you allow us to craft multiple instances of fused/upgraded items. Having upgraded parts that all match is great; hopefully it'll stay that way.

That is unfortunately what gaming has become. Pschological tactics against weak young people have been used for a long time and won't stop as long as the rich people are controlling the markets.

Don't use your money is the only way to impact this a little bit against the few stupid whales that are pushing publishers to continue this. It's very sad, but I don't see how it is going to change without people just saying no and keeping their wallet closed.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 8:16 AM, Woodyrojo said:

This is primarily for those who didn't have a chance to complete the 1st season and now can't access these parts.

Moreover, these one-time recipes will allow you to produce the part instantly, without having to wait for some time.

at this time currently we dont need more parts / weapons. we need more modes to do. more raids, more ways to earn resources and whatnot. the main way to earn scrap and wires is pvp and i hate doing pvp, i prefer pve more. for pve we only have raids and possibly a bit of adventure but thats it. patrol vs ai doesnt give enough resources at all to justify doing it over pvp. we need more modes we can do with people like arena challenges, colosseum challenges, survival modes where we work together, capture the base, defend your base, etc. we need more modes to help balance out the repetitive pvp that goes on. the games to heavily focused on pvp, add more pve in. id like modes where we can work as a team rather then competing for points and rewards (like in the christmas event where you had to defend the truck, you work with your team mates to defend the truck and not compete for rewards / points.)

we also need balance changes on the breaker to, the guns broken and overpowered. increase its hitbox size, stop making it so resistant to damage and take off that stupid invincability perk it has, no gun, especially a relic, needs a perk where its invincible AT ALL. also the guns so broken it can withstand 7 shots from a double typhoon without sparking with every hit being right on the gun. please fix this. 

• Confused 1

On 9/5/2021 at 3:51 AM, Clebardman said:

Dear lord do you guys have greedier and worse ideas to kill your game and **** off f2p players?

I and many others passed on current BP because of the legendary crafting BS, glad to see you want more people skipping the next one. They sure won't buy your 70€ 5years old hover pack instead, so just forget about that income and part of your playerbase.

Also nice new shotguns, the game needed more /s

that new hover pack is 94 dollars for me. canadian currency so yeah 94 CAD. its overpriced.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, _Egon_Spengler_ said:

Unfortunately, that's what games have become. Psychological tactics against the weak youth have long been used and will not stop as long as the rich control the markets.

Don't use your money is the only way to impact this a bit against the few stupid whales that are pressuring publishers to continue this. It's very sad, but I don't see how it's going to change without people just saying no and keeping their wallets closed.

I do not spend on BP, and you are right, I would like them to stop making weapons and more weapons, I am not saying that it is not great, but if they fix certain things ... I would not complain so much in the forum, and I would gladly concentrate on the lore, in the arms, and ck's, one wants to look great when winning but in crossout is it worth it? Is crossout quality or quantity? I would say that their BP is quality but the game itself ... I don't know ... but they have been improving over time.

-Nerf hovers: Hmmm, they didn't nerf them at all, they did something better and gave us wheels with skidding and constant speed, which the mediocre player forgets to use sometimes ... thanks devs, now I can catch up to the hovers. (Icarus viii in path)

-Seal clubbing: Meh ... this is due to the clans, those who pay ... they join as a team and the party is over ... that drives away new players 

-Tutorial: A more complete tutorial or a beginner's book based on players and developers or something like that would be great.

-Fix wedge: Fix this and crossout will be fairly playable.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.