[Developer blog] Season 6 in Crossout. Part 2

Woodyrojo

• Woodyrojo changed the title to [Developer blog] Season 6 in Crossout. Part 2

If you have dealt damage to opponents throughout the entire shot of the drill, and all periodic damage has been dealt to vehicles, then in the end the shot will deal 800% more damage and heat up the part by 10% more.

As using the perk requires a certain amount of skill and dexterity, we will also increase the range and rotation speed of the new laser drill in relation to “Trigger”.

LEVI CW new meta lol

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Legendary laser drill

mok.jpg

This weapon is a direct continuation of the already familiar “Trigger”, and fans of this drill will definitely appreciate its “older brother”! More durability, more damage and a perk mechanic that is slightly more demanding for the player’s skills, but is also rewarding at the same time.

If you have dealt damage to opponents throughout the entire shot of the drill, and all periodic damage has been dealt to vehicles, then in the end the shot will deal 800% more damage and heat up the part by 10% more.

As using the perk requires a certain amount of skill and dexterity, we will also increase the range and rotation speed of the new laser drill in relation to “Trigger

We all know where it is going to be used most, two whole gamemodes will become “unplayable”... the rest is nice i guess, but the console people are going to be extremely upset

• Upvote 8

30 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

more demanding for the player’s skills

Unless mounted on a leviathan...

Great idea to force every levi CW player to buy 3 of those, or 6 for fused set if they want to stay competitive, I hope it blows up in your faces and people just give up and stop playing this bs mode

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I would say >old town map< had tiny little street, where fast Builds and hover  or catarpillar would have thousand issue on drive through them. 

Map Was focused on street around middle of map for capturing Flag. Sniping and hiding behind brocken cars, I can remember. 

I would double size Every Single street. Church had no use, besides in Raids driving around building or blocking enemies. 

Would be nice to use Church as a defence on higher ground Like a fortress. 

On other site, maybe some lower grouds for fire shots Like in ww1

Church need more protection agains one site Like >founders canyon< higher ground, not easy to pass

4 minutes ago, dr0zdo said:

Unless mounted on a leviathan...

Great idea to force every levi CW player to buy 3 of those, or 6 for fused set if they want to stay competitive, I hope it blows up in your faces and people just give up and stop playing this bs mode

I would Like to See a fusion Option with Levi Like a magnetic device which Lifts car by one square, so you could drive with Levi. Like Pirat Ship against other, with all weapons

I would Like to use more Buttons on my Controller. 

I mean, who need break, light or A- Button on xbox. I shoul have options to overwritte this on my Controller setting, with flexible, choosable Option buttons

I'll say I'm looking forward to the new structure parts and the map.

But how about this time when a Levi is clearly OP with something, instead of nerf the weapon. Nerf how it works on a Levi. No one uses the Cockpit on cars because it's too weak with cars and still too powerful on Levi's. Now the YoungWang is becoming a problem and this new weapon will as well. So instead of nerfing it into the ground because of Leviathans and thus making it useless on a normal car. Make the youngwang have a limit of 105% boost only so you can still max it out on a car but it's not OP on a Levi.
And make this new weapon's perk ineffective when slapped on a Leviathen.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

If everything goes right as planned, the AA is going to be reworked with the new season update.

Thank you. 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

If everything goes right as planned, the AA is going to be reworked with the new season update.

Removing it from CW Diamond League it's enough :014:

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Kuba7eleven@psn said:

Removing it from CW Diamond League it's enough :014:

From CW period. It has no place in the mode

• Upvote 6

Can you make the game enjoyable?
I know most kids will start crying about these suggestions, but still: 

Redesign how structural parts work: if you are using a structural part that has 8x4 (Large APC Panel) which has 90 durability, and you only attach like it's using only 4 pins, durability should be lowered to 19, 20% of maximum points - 90. It will be destroyed faster and will give less HP to your craft. This mechanic will prevent people from building UGLY floating debris piles of junk, and they will start making crafts that are effective and also not causing bleeding eyes when you see it... 

Since you are not going to balance most Relic weapons, because it is your main source of income (to sell OP weapons for real money), at least BALANCE game with weapon rarity instead of PS. 
PS does literally nothing! make it just to fill the gaps. For example: 
If you have Legendary weapon, matchmaking will match you with players with Legendary or lower
Epic vs epic or lower
Special vs special or lower

And finally, when are you going to redesign stupid co-driver system and make it actual TALENT TREES: Offense / Defense / Utility - where you will drop the points and make actual changes to classes of weapons instead of exact weapon type, 
For example: 
Talent - "Increased ammunition" 0/3 skills, one point increases with 5% so after spending 3 points in this talent your ammo capacity in battles will be 15% more (ofc it will stack with ammo crates)
Talent - "Weapon rotation" 0/4 skills, one point increases with 5% so after spending 4 points in this talent your weapon rotation speed will be faster by 20%
And ofc you have to balance these numbers, these is just idea how normal Talent tress should look like in the games. Not that stupid thing that we have now. and also TALENT points should be given on levels and it should be ONLY resource to spend there, not other resources and crafting materials!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

More durability, more damage and  we will also increase the range and rotation speed of the new laser drill in relation to “Trigger”.

Meanwhile Stillwind pretty much has same durability, less dmg at range, bigger hit box, overheats faster, and turns slower than it's little brother. When will you make the Stillwinds legendary?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

See you next week with the preliminary information about the changes in the update 0.13.0! It will include not only the possible balance changes, but also the first screenshots of the updated maps “Bridge” and “Founders Canyon”!

“Founders Canyon”

please tell me this change isn't too extensive. after what you guys did to control 17 i'd rather not see you do a full rework on the best map you have again.

rest of the stuff looks cool though. bridge rework is a couple years overdue, but glad to see it happen nonetheless. i can't tell that much about new old town because i suspect that 1/2 of what's in the zoomed out screenshot is out of bounds, but if i'm right about what's in and out of bounds it looks ok at first glance.

also, as others have stated, please don't let the legendary trigger die for the sins of levi cw like you did with cockpit. it looks fun but will very very obviously be on every levi above silver within 2 weeks of players getting access to it. maybe if the time comes to nerf it because of levi cw, just make the perk way worse on levis. you definitely should have done this for cockpit too but i have a feeling it's too late for that.

also while we're on the topic of levi cw, it would be really fantastic if you could either remove it altogether (not gonna happen but i might as well aim high) or at least remove the energy penalty to let people actually run fun synergistic stuff instead of just piling triggers, retchers, imps, etc on a wedge or noodle with cockpit and having nothing else be viable ever. thanks.

• Upvote 5

Is anything in the scenario destructible? Like the angel statue? You could explore more the interaction of players with the scenery, such as activating a bridge or some structure that will change the combat, traps, anything that changes the atmosphere of the game. 

Edited by Alcoutinho15
  • Upvote 2

Legendary laser drill - Terrible idea. This will be a total disaster, especially in Levy CW.

More maps - great, about time.

Possible balance changes - If that means more nerfs to weapons that only overperform on hovers, without addressing the hovers, no thank you. What happened to making augers and omnis viable? To anti-wedge mechanics?

• Upvote 1

In Levi Wars weapon perks should not be applayable

Easyest fix Whitout buffing and nerfing weapons

• Upvote 1

great another overpowerd weapon triggers was bad when they came out, way to overpowerd back then and still sorta still is now, and now a legendary weapon that does more...

more range, more rotationspeed, more hp, more dammage, and dammage over time... feels like a full W-Builds with these weapons will be flooding on the battlefield

this legendary trigger on a banana, with opressor and drift cab, booster cab or even photon cab seems to be whats gonna be used

new structural parts, just look like founders parts, just remodled abit

just hope the new old town not gonna be bad, atleast they adding that back, thanks for that atleast.

but please if you adding new season rewards, give us what we need on the reward table, like...

Storage expansion modules
Blueprint expansion modules
Crosscrowns instead of regular coins (for the ones that bought the battle passes)

Engeneer Badges

Giving us more and more parts like decor, fuesed weapons (wich isnt bad) but they takes up alot of space.
And the storrage getting more and more expensive to expandfor every time you do it.
I seen needed is 6 storage expansion modules to get 25 slots more, and thats over 2000 coins if buying of market.

By giving us storage expansion as season rewards, would make new players stick around more, cause they get more space to use, and not see a paywall at the start

Edited by Sasherz
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Excited to see what’s planned for AA! 

excited to get old town back! 

new legendary laser drill scares me a bit until I see what the AA changes are. And of course I feel bad for the clan wars guys with the Levi situation. I don’t think anyone likes the AA on Levi’s either. 

The new BP is looking like it may be some good times in XO

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

just dont screw it up, last thing we need is broken OP legendary triggger running around in season, like the triggers once were, the kaiju, and pritty much ANY weapon that got released during a season

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jafarson said:

If you have Legendary weapon, matchmaking will match you with players with Legendary or lower
Epic vs epic or lower
Special vs special or lower

unless you can magic up 10 x the playerbase...

IF you look at the next one hundred PvP matches you are in & remove anyone not using same rarity gear as you are you are going to see an awful lot of bots. 

it's not just because i have an 11k PS hover chord or porc, kapkan annihilator hotron on small tracks at 7K PS it because it's the FUN (memes) of being able to do that without waiting all day for a game 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.