[Developer blog] Season 6 in Crossout. Part 2

Woodyrojo

F***, do i miss old town and fortress, would love to see them again in their original form.

Not excited to see a legendary drill, the purple one is dangerous enough.

We dont want crosscrown, and your special offers wont change my mind, even more so if you sell them for a price that that can't be bought with real money without either getting too many crosscrown or buying several of the small quantities, that's a cash grab and everyone is aware of that. One of the main appeals of the game was that the "premium" currency was available to people who don't pay, and now you took that away from us, I'm very disappointed.

On another note, I'd love to have a 16e cabin that has a scope integrated, just like beholder, but instead of chameleon, its a scope, even if it has mre dead angles than a regular scope.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

If everything goes right as planned, the AA is going to be reworked with the new season update.

This is a must, triggers without aa are meh but with the aimbot their insane and a legendary version combined with the aimbot would be insanely hard to counter, but thank you for updating us that aa is being changed I just hope it's enough 

• Upvote 2

Why do you hate crickets so much? They have been around so long yet all these newer weapons are getting legendary versions. If you arent gonna make a legendary cricket then buff the cricket until you do please

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Let’s continue to learn what awaits us in the next update! Today we will tell you about other new parts that will appear in the new season and show the first screenshots from the updated map “Old Town”. Let’s go!

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. This applies not only to information about possible unique features of new parts, but also to the appearance of the parts themselves.

Legendary laser drill

mok.jpg

This weapon is a direct continuation of the already familiar “Trigger”, and fans of this drill will definitely appreciate its “older brother”! More durability, more damage and a perk mechanic that is slightly more demanding for the player’s skills, but is also rewarding at the same time.

If you have dealt damage to opponents throughout the entire shot of the drill, and all periodic damage has been dealt to vehicles, then in the end the shot will deal 800% more damage and heat up the part by 10% more.

As using the perk requires a certain amount of skill and dexterity, we will also increase the range and rotation speed of the new laser drill in relation to “Trigger”.

I appreciate the attempt at rewarding skill....but this won't work. People will just place them in dog builds then go facehug with them so they won't have to bother with aim as everyone furiously holding W down is what this game has been reduced too.  They will also need separate balance for Levis.

It will need some additional balance checks to discourage people from using them at very  close ranges. 

5 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

What else can we expect in this update?

One of the main problems of this location mentioned by players was the very limited manoeuvring space: narrow passages combined with an abundance of obstacles. We tried to add more space and removed unnecessary obstacles and distractions. In a number of places, where it seemed appropriate, we have replaced obstacles with destructible objects. The centre of the map has become a more inviting place to fight due to the covers, but at the same time, the variability of passages is also there and you can always try to catch the enemy by surprise.

So....when can we expect a rework to Sector Ex then? It has even less moving room than Old Town did. 

• Upvote 1

@WoodyrojoQuestion: Hi Woody,  as battlepasses usually give 3 legendary items, will there still be a fused Assembler, Annihilator, Omnibox, Trigger Summator and Blockchain given to the player for free in this battlepass?

6 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Structural parts

With the new season, 6 new structural parts will be added to the game. The amount in which a certain part will be issued is still being discussed. We invite you to take a look at a couple of new parts that are already finished!

Those new parts look really cool, but 6 sounds kinda low. The structural parts of the Founders have a really cool design - can you maybe (pretty please) take an angle grinder and cut up the existing parts into new ones, so that we can get some extra? Something like this would be really cool:

nrJN9NE.png

HVT93Pg.png

LxgYPsO.png

5MPLVCm.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Secarious said:

No one uses the Cockpit on cars because it's too weak with cars and still too powerful on Levi's.

A Cockpit car is my main combat vehicle and it's doing great. Despite the perk nerf, which was noticeable, but I can still manage to do get satisfactory damage output. I asked the developers a number of times to only nerf the Cockpit's perk for leviathans, but they went ahead with a simple, sweeping, stupid nerf that noticeably hit PvP vehicles. It's not that difficult to make the perk work differently in PvP vehicles and in leviathans. Regular PvP really needs that unlimited damage bonus, with +11% per Hermes. If someone loads up 16 Hermeses and tries to ram everything, or grind with shivs, they'll have a little success, but it becomes more tricky, the more boosters are installed.
The way they did the nerf, actually moved the Cockpit a few per cent toward sealclubbing. Previously, four Hermeses would only give a +44% damage bonus. Now it's a nice, full +50%. So, not only did the developers gimp regular Cockpit PvP gameplay, they improved sealclubbing with the cabin! :sad: We really need a crying emote.

And to that troll that doesn't udnerstand how the cabin works and can only mindlessly donvote: the Cockpit was by no means OP when it had an unlimited damage bonus. There are natural limitations in place:
1) Bumpers get damaged while ramming and it's very easy to lose them in the process.
2) With explosions, applying the perk has diminishing returns - every added booster gives less of a bonus. It's almost never +11% for every next booster added, because, in practice, explosion damage decreases the farther away parts are from its center. +75% was still OK. But reducing it to +50% only resulted in 7.2% less damage in combat. That's how said diminishing returns worked in my case. Yet, it was a noticeable difference and I don't like it.
3) A vehicle needs to have 4 energy points in auxiliary modules to be consistently effective in combat:
- a Doppler
- a Chameleon
- a Verifier
- a reload module or an engine.
Which leaves only 12 points to distribute between weapons and boosters. At +11% damage per Hermes, there's not much that can be done to make the vehicle practical, and there are only a few practical options. (Actually, one.) In most cases, spending energy on boosters will mean less weapons are installed, resulting in less total weapon HP.

But downvoting is easy. It must be great being a simple troll. (Btw., I never read this particular troll's comments. I learned a long time there's not much to be gained from that.)

Also, limiting the Cockpit's booster synergy to 4 Hermeses only showed the developers don't know that every ca. 1240 kg of vehicle mass needs one base Hermes for nice, smooth, rapid boosting. An average PvP vehicle with 16 energy points weighs in excess of 7500 kg, which means it needs at least 6 Hermeses. The nerf presented Cockpit players with a tough choice: whether to have an adequate amount of boosters, or just enough for a full damage bonus. This aspect of the nerf showed the developers incompetence, their lack of familiarity with their own game. (Upgrading a Hermes for +10% accelleration allows for an extra ca. 124 kg of weight to be added.)

Edited by Omega616
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Omega616 said:

:sad: We really need a crying emote

Do one of these fit?

:100_100_10: :1_100_100: :crying:

36 minutes ago, Omega616 said:

And to that dumb troll that doesn't udnerstand how the cabin works and can only mindlessly donvote: the Cockpit was by no means OP when it had an unlimited damage bonus. There are natural limitations in place:
1) Bumpers get damaged while ramming and it's very easy to lose them in the process.
2) With explosions, applying the perk has diminishing returns - every added booster gives less of a bonus. It's almost never +11% for every next booster added, because, in practice, explosion damage decreases the farther away parts are from its center. +75% was OK. Reducing it to +50% only resulted in 7.2% less damage in combat. But it was noticeable and I don't like it.
3) A vehicle needs to have 4 energy points in auxiliary module to be consistently effective in combat:
- a Doppler
- a Chameleon
- a Verifier
- a reload module or an engine.
Which leaves only 12 points to distribute between weapons and boosters. At +11% damage per Hermes, there's not much that can be done to make the vehicle practical, and there are only a few practical options. (Actually, one.) In most cases, spending energy on boosters will mean less weapons are installed, resulting in less total weapon HP.

But downvoting is easy. It must be great being a simple troll.

You asked for a crying emote, i gave you one... 

This forum is in serious need of an actual “downvote” reaction so we can use “sad” and “confused” on their original purposed way.

Edited by _davekko_
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sasherz said:

new structural parts, just look like founders parts, just remodled abit

The Founders faction is coming back in this battlepass what were you expecting them to look like? Lunatics faction?

• Haha 4

In 2499 ps, please put newbies with less then 10 ingineers level Not together with pro gamers, long time playing crossout. 

I mean its cool to Design a fine build and have to Check PS, weight, weapons and durability, But most players are using fused parts and epic weapons. 

I would Like to play this power score, But without taking care on New players, because they are weaker.

Is this possible? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Darth Kenjie@live said:

In 2499 ps, please put newbies with less then 10 ingineers level Not together with pro gamers, long time playing crossout. 

I mean its cool to Design a fine build and have to Check PS, weight, weapons and durability, But most players are using fused parts and epic weapons. 

I would Like to play this power score, But without taking care on New players, because they are weaker.

Is this possible? 

Guess what, the lower the power score you play the more newer players you'll run into, if you want to play in a low power score below 4k try the patrol modes cause killing bots with new players are a lot easier then a pvp mode

14 hours ago, SpeedLocked_NZ said:

you can magic up 10 x the playerbase

Full rework of XO is magic alright. Not sure if most of the suggestions are real ATM.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:32 PM, KAPROS said:

What skill needed for this gun when you can just turn on the legit Aim-Bot made by developers on consoles ?

like many players, almost all use with Punisher Relic, Scorpio, those people who use aim assist suck, without that they would be nothing

I must say I'm disappointed by the lack of shotguns in that announcement.

You sure you don't want to turn that legendary Trigger into a legendary Gravastar? the original, epic one is so nicely balanced and loved by everybody in the community already, it'd be a shame to miss that opportunity. /s

Edited by Clebardman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Clebardman said:

I must say I'm disappointed by the lack of shotguns in that announcement.

You sure you don't want to turn that legendary Trigger into a legendary Gravastar? the original, epic one is so nicely balanced and loved by everybody in the community already, it'd be a shame to miss that opportunity. /s

What are you talking about one new shot gun is enough, it'll be the 13th shot gun in the game currently. The game has a shot gun for every rarity so we got enough, how about giving weapons who only got one or two rarities some attention!

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, WolfyVonHowlin said:

What are you talking about one new shot gun is enough, it'll be the 13th shot gun in the game currently. The game has a shot gun for every rarity so we got enough, how about giving weapons who only got one or two rarities some attention!

I agree lets make a plasma shotgun!

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, WolfyVonHowlin said:

Like more crossbows. 

I gotta say the new vista of the Old Town looks awesome.

2 hours ago, Support_Vehicle said:

Crossbow shotguns! It's perfect, it'll be so well balanced it'll put everything else to shame.

I like that way of thinking! Maybe they could add a shotgun catapult too so we can go shotgun medieval on enemies.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.